Closed Aren't You..? (Alija)

Pulren swore he just saw someone from Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Aren't You..? (Alija)

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 16th, 2016, 2:40 am

Alija's inviting smile and pleasant demeanor instantly disarmed Pulren of any motivations that were unbecoming of a gentleman. This woman was so honest and good that he just couldn't see himself using her for anything. She would be a friend and a known smith to deal with in the future. She was definitely attractive but he just couldn't be his old slutty self around her, as much as he might enjoy that. "Thank you, Alija," was what he summoned for her kindness, doing his best not to watch her figure climb before him on the stairs. Keep your eyes on the kid, if you want to look at something.

As they entered the home, he noticed that she mentioned a visitor in tail, which told Pulren that the home most likely was accustomed to a sense of regularity and conformity. He straightened his shirt and stood a little taller to present himself as a gentleman caller.he notcied an older man nodding and excusing himself. Was that Alija's father, perhaps? It was hard to say. She certainly had a family around her which was nice in a way. It was something foreign to Pulren, however. When the other young man greeted him, Pulren extended his hand and took the others in greeting. "Pulren Marsh. Pleasure."Removing his cape, he folded it over and tucked it into his arm before standing near the couch. It was clear he would sit, but he waited to see what the others would do before he just plopped himself down. While he was never born with manners, he thought back to Tyler Johnson and his desire to produce gentleman killers and he thought on that very thing before taking a seat.

"Whatever you're having ,if anything. I don't need anything to eat unless you are all eating. A drink would be nice." Taking his seat, he looked around the room and nodded in appreciation. He could see what the fruits of labor could bring. He longed for such a thing of his own one day, though he would wish it to be floating in his Father's bosom.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Aren't You..? (Alija)

Postby Alija on January 17th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Pulren moved his cloak, joining Thegans who decided to sit. The man turned to him with a curious grin, leaving Alija to leave to fetch a drink for herself and for her guest. "So..." Thegans started, uncertain about what to say, "How long have you known Alija?" It was clear that he was testing Pulren, interested what sort of relationship the two had. His tone of voice seemed even jealous, but he tried to keep that down.

Meanwhile, Alija was in the kitchen, gathering three glasses and filling each with some wine. She was rather glad that he hadn't asked for anything to eat, because that was quite a problem. The monks only delivered enough food for two adults and a child, which meant every scrap was shared. Alija would always get her full share, insisted to by her father, who would survive on the smallest amount possible. It didn't seem like he got too hungry though. Thegans provided for him, collecting food from other locations. She knew that the neighbours gave him their leftovers, but she had a feeling that more came from a more illegal source.

Lost in thought, she had almost forgotten about Pulren, and quickly made her way back, passing the two men their drinks as she took some of her own. She sat down beside them. "So, Pulren, do have family and friends here? Any acquaintances, new or old?" she asked, wanting to start another conversation.

If he didn't, she would offer to spend more time with him, invite him round more. If he did.. well, she would still have the invitation anyway. She needed to get out more, make some friends. Strengthening a friendship was a good way to start.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Aren't You..? (Alija)

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 24th, 2016, 6:52 am

Once Pulren took his seat, it was painfully obvious that the other young man was most definitely an interest for Alija. Was he an interest for her? He would have to see. There was no doubt at all that she was an interest to him, however. He kept his countenance friendly and his posture sublime as he spoke to the other young man. Scritching at his stubble, he thought on it for a brief moment. "Well, let's see. I was a Wave Guard from Zeltiva and I had Alija make me some items for my off duty activities. I was pleased with her work. She invited me to her birthday party...well, actually, I think Kiel just put up flyers for anybody. Nevertheless, I was pleased enough by her handiwork that I bought her a bracelet as a present. haven't seen her again until today." He scritched a little more before leaning back into the couch. "Yep, that's about the size of it."

Once Alija returned, his stirrings had mostly abated, though with the sip of wine and a nod of thanks to her, the warmth poured into his bones and he found an admiration forming for her demeanor and pleasant features. He would continue to make nice and keep himself social . It was vital that he retain some kind of civility! "I don't have any family any more. My Uncle died a couple years ago in Zeltiva. He was a dumbass, though.As far as friends, well I hope I can count you as one. I haven't met anyone else.Just holding out here for the Winter before heading to Syliras and the Sea beyond." he looked at the other guy with a smile and a look of hope so as to set him at ease that Pulren wasn't there to steal his heart throb.

Feeling more relaxed, he fingered at his glass and enjoyed another sip of the wine before looking back at Alija. "You've done quite well for yourself so far. You should be proud of yourself. A home, your own business, a family. There are plenty of long lonely nights on the road where this kind of life is exactly what I might dream about." Of course, there were as many marveling at exotic locations and throwing gold at whores, but that wasn't really proper conversation for the family types.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Aren't You..? (Alija)

Postby Alija on January 24th, 2016, 6:32 pm

Pulren looked at Thegans with a smile after telling her he had no one else in Nyka, planning to move further later. Alija raised an eyebrow, curious as to what the two had discussed when she had gone. Perhaps Thegans had mentioned that he had explored the world to him, seen far off lands like the ones Pulren hoped to see. Alija wanted to see them too, but didn't at the same time. She liked a quiet life with a shop and a family. She wouldn't find much work as a smith on a ship. While she could live off another profession, she wouldn't live without the metal and fire that encased her life.

"Thank you," she smiled to him, "I worked hard to get this. Well, for the business and home. The family came along with it." She beamed at Thegans, who smiled back. The man looked back at Pulren after that smile, but she couldn't read his expression. Almost as if he was showing him that he was better, but how did anything said make him better?

"Well, it's the only life that suits me," she continued, shrugging the look off, "I'd love to travel and explore new places, but my profession isn't really a travelling one. Even if I could find a smithy everywhere I went, a smithy that would hire me, travelling itself would take too long, too long without work." She paused, before realising she seemed extremely fugal, extremely desperate to cling onto every miza."Blacksmithing is more than a job for me. It's an art, a skill, a hobby. No, it's something I live for."

She rose, finishing her glass. She didn't want to rush Pulren, but thinking about that, she realised how much work she had to do. Perhaps she had previously put it off, but now she was rared up to smith. "Anyway, I suppose you must be going now. I should be getting along to work. Feel free to pop in whenever you want." She smiled, trying not to appear too rude.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Aren't You..? (Alija)

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 25th, 2016, 9:45 am

So, with a little bit of wine and some artful explanations, all was well and the lot of them had become friends. Well, friendly, at least, which suited Pulren. The young man could clearly see that Pulren was not a threat and Alija could see that he was a friend. Listening to Alija's answer, he could tell that she was very proud to own her business, as she should be. He could also tell that while there might be some kind of wanderlust hiding there within her, it would surely be quenched by the fires of hearth and home, much like the works of her forge.

All was so well that the next set of events struck Pulren as odd, but not in a way that put him off. He had lived through Sunberth, so while he fought for civility and honor, sometimes shyke just happened. It was the way of the world. Alija finished her glass, stood and promptly asked Pulren to leave. The suddenness of it took him a little by surprise, as if he had made some kind of unseen error, but he didn't really dwell on it too much. He simply stood and put his cape back on, scanning the room for any kind of change he may have not noticed. Who knew? Maybe alcohol made her bitchy. Her invitation to pop in anytime smoothed any ruffled feathers.

"Well, alright. It was nice to meet your family and maybe I will indeed see you again." He put his glass down and shook Thegans' hand again, another person happy to see him leave. As he left the business, the door closing abruptly after, he made his way through the streets of the quarter, not completely sure what had happened. Thinking back, he recalled that her father had disappeared rather quickly. Maybe that was the reason, the older man not liking company or something. It was weird, whatever it was. he could recall how old Rick Maze had treated him. That seemed like what a friend should be. She was Zeltivan, after all.

After enough mulling to put most people to sleep, Pulren found himself back at the hostel, nursing a slight buzz from the wine. It had kept him warm on the cold walk back. Now he had his mostly empty room and the special lack of recognition in being a foreigner to keep him warm for the rest of his night.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Aren't You..? (Alija)

Postby Elias Caldera on February 9th, 2016, 12:45 am

Behold, Your Just Rewards!

Pulren

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Subterfuge +1
  • Bartering +1
  • Negotiation +1
  • Socialization +5
  • Rhetoric +2

Lores
  • Alija: A Nykan Businesswoman Now
  • Alija: The Blacksmith's Family Woes
  • Childcare: The Power of Bribery

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • None

Loot and Expenses
  • -30 GM [Fur Lined Coat]

Alija

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Animal Husbandry +1
  • Observation +4
  • Socialization +5
  • Rhetoric +1
  • Childcare +1

Lores
  • Pulren: Living as a Mercenary Now
  • Childcare: The Power of Bribery

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • None

Loot and Expenses
  • -4 SM [Scarf]
  • -1 SM [Pulren]

Comments :
    I struggled for Lores on this one, so if you wanted any in particular, let me know.

Don't Forget...

Now that your thread is graded, be sure to edit your grade request to reflect as much. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a private message and we'll work it out together.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous