Open A Wonderful Time

Winter has finally calmed, and so the denizens flock to the frozen outskirts to enjoy the cold beauty.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Wonderful Time

Postby Theo Popcampio on December 26th, 2015, 4:56 am

64th of Winter, 515 AV

The snow had been harsh and sudden this winter, and the people of Syliras needed some leisure after having spent weeks battling the conditions. Morwen was finally starting to look north again, but she had decided to offer one of her favorite gifts as she was making her leave: Skating ice.

When word reached Syliras that most lakes were firmly sheeted with ice the whole of the city flocked towards the wilderness. There was one particular clearing where the people had flocked to abundantly, and there was finally joy brought on by the troubled Winter. There were partners, old and young alike, skating with wide smiles, and there were children being led by their parents on their first venture over ice. Every now and again you’d see someone who knew their way around skates, or thought they did, speeding up and down the bountiful frozen lake, making leaps of varying skill.

One could not see the bronze of the bronze wood, even the trunks were covered in clingy snow, and though the branches had no leaves living off of them, there was enough white on each it was easy to forget how lifeless they were supposed to look this time of Winter. Under the shade of the trees children with patterned scarves and plain clothing flung snowballs at one another while their parents looked with merriment on from a safe distance. Everyone was happy, everything was beautiful.

Theo had been instructed to take some time to himself this day. He had been helping with the restitution effort, and squires were to be assigned days of rest in a rotating fashion as a thanks for the hopeful knights participation in the season’s endeavors. He choose the lakes for no particular reason other than that’s what seemed right, and it had actually come as a surprise to him that they were so alive with the common folk. Theo found peace among the wilderness, but as it turned out he wouldn’t be escaping civilization today.

There was a man peddling skates he had for sale on the lake, and Theo was curious to approach him. The man, wide and gray, seemed to be enjoying selling the skates as much people were enjoying riding them. He must of made a pretty profit already as he had three empty duffle bags beside him, next to which were four more full of ice skates. Theo looked at him from a distance for now with curiosity and sublime wonder. What did the day have in store for him?
All my templates were made by the grace of the enchanting Aislyn Leavold.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Words: 212275
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 4:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A Wonderful Time

Postby Ssafiracitlali on December 26th, 2015, 1:18 pm

The marvel of winter was lost on Ssafiracitlali, she who loved the hot and humid of the jungle and had never experienced the cold and dry of Sylira. She regretted coming here in this season, inexperienced and unequipped to deal with the struggle she would find.

She tried to survive now, both the oppressing odour of the humans in the city and the cold air she exposed herself to when she exited the main gate. Even bundled in the heaviest clothes she now owned, Citlali suffered gooseflesh and sore eyes from the reflection of the light on the snow.

Someone nearby, another person that left the city (although Citlali believed they left not out of disgust for the smell), made what Citlali assumed were concerned noises, but Citlali couldn't understand the actual words he used. She smiled dumbly at him, all bared teeth and narrowed eyes and the lingering sensation of deep, dark, water-dripping loneliness in her heart. What he feared, she longed for. It was horrible, but she followed him, deciding to name him for the fear she read in his body, his eyes. It was all she could do; she had no way to ask for a name or to communicate with him, and any of the strange noises he had could have been the name she substituted over.

It didn't matter, though. Citlali moved on, following him in silence, him periodically glancing behind to see if she was still there, still at his heel.

Citlali fancied that she were hunting him.

Until he led her to the silver-shining-cold lake, Citlali would have hunted him. She would have pulled him apart like a cold child would pull apart an insect.

But there were people now, sliding over the frozen water as if it weren't the most terrifying experience a person should have, delighted and glad, and she was stunned into silence at the sight. It actually wasn't frequent that Ssafiracitlali was taken aback, but she was now, and she was horrified.

And, deep down in Citlali's pounding heart, she wanted to see the frozen water break.

Moving on from the sight when the ice failed to break, Citlali sought out something that could explain to her what was happening here. What were the people doing out on the sheet-water? Was this entertainment to these people? She would have preferred to sleep, an easier way to pass the time than sliding over water, and she was sure her people in Zinrah would have chosen the same. The cultural difference between dhani and human was incredibly apparent here.
Ssafiracitlali
mother of the basilisk.

Words: 31500
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2014, 1:34 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Wonderful Time

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 29th, 2015, 6:22 am

Ferrin rested peacefully on his somewhat new-like bed. He didn't want to get up and out of bed today. It was winter, agave weep would willingly go outside in the snowy, and freezing winter? Well his day of total relaxation was cut short by a few knocks on his apartment door. Although, they were quiet tap tap taps. Ferrin still needed to get up and out of bed. As he dug so, he moaned, like a little kid misbehaving, not wanting to do chores. He rubbed his eyes and strolled over to his door. He unlocked it, and opened it tiredly. He opened the door and hadn't meant to all who it was.

It was the young lady he had had met previously this winter. Ellwyn, that was it. "Hey there sleepy head." She said in a child like voice. Ferrin slowly began to wake as she talked."Guess what, some lakes at the woods have had frozen over let's take a look. Do you want to? I heard that some commoners went out to go ice skating. It's easy, I can teach you if you don't know how?" Ferrin thought for a tick, "Would it be alright if I went? Or should I stay here?" Well he didn't really want to make Ellwyn upset. Especially if it was just someone he had had just met.

The hunter had no clue how to skate, he would appreciate if Ellwyn showed him how to."Alright, I'll go just let me go get my boots and cloak. I'll be right with you". Out had only taken a few chimes to get his stuff on. He figured that he wouldn't need his hunting stuff 26th him, side he hadn't Deyn Ellwyn with her stuff. So he decided to leave all oh his stuff either perched against one of good chairs, or beside his bed. He hurried out the rim after he had had locked his door. He placed the key in one of his custom made pockets in his cotton pants. Ellwyn took his hand and the started down the steps odd the Traveler's Row.

Ferrin wasn't exactly sure what this ice skating thing had had in mind for him. He thought about skating as the two carefully team through the streets. Avoiding the busy and sassy like people along the way. For late winter, the streets aren't covered with much snow to be honest. Unlike in Kenash where the whole city is basically agricultural and more open etat roaded. But her snow thing certainly was different once you have hrs reached the woods. It wasn't a long walk to get to gates from the Traveler's Row. In fact, a few chimes or so.

Ellwyn, led Ferrin through the woods. They reached the destination they they were trying to get to."Well, we're here Ferrin. Oh look three is a vendor over three selling skates. Let's go purchase one for the two of us." Get auburn colored hair swayed as she moved get hrs and right hand to point out with her index finger, where the vendor stood."Ok, let's go. He might have my size I shoes hopefully." Ferrin said with a tad smile.

Ellwyn took of, still holding Ferrins hand. They reached the vendor in a matter or tucks a and before he could speak. Ellwyn spoke, [color= purple]"Excuse me sir, but can we get two pairs of skates please?"[/color] The vendor nodded and instantly pulled out two pairs of skates from one of his bags. Fortunately, they ended up being the right size. Ferrin took out the Midas fit the two pairs. Seems like this guy was making a nice profit off of original ice skates. The vendor took them kindly and thanked Ferrin.

Along a side of the lake, were possibly a small line of boots and shoes. Possibly signifying that you can put tiger boots and shoes there. And hope for the best Tay they won't get buried with snow. Well, one thing was good. He Stu least knew how to put tee petching skates on. That had Tashfeen a few chimes. He carefully picked his way over to were the section of boots and shoes layed. He placed them carefully apart from another pair odd shoes. Maybe an inch away or so. Jay to be sure that no one would get them mixed up with theirs.

"I'm ready Ellwyn. You can teach me now." Ferrin had said as he walked, a little bit challenged. The blade under the skate wasn't making things easy for the hunter. Ellwyn took both of his hand and they took off onto the rink. Or just frozen lake. Ellwyn glided easily add she still held Ferrins hands. On the other hand, Ferrin was struggling to keep balance."It's going to be okay now. I've got you. Try evening out your weight that will probably make it a bit easier." And do it did, Ferrin still struggled though. Why did they have to start the day out with skating
oocIs there a ledger for the skates?

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2