PM to join A Day Out! (Jade Laken) Part 1 of 2

Ferrin and Jade meet at the Stone Gardens and they ended up having a whole day planned. Let's see where it takes them?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 3rd, 2016, 11:39 pm

Ferrin was surprised that she had had said such a kind thing. He was proud that he had met Jade. At a glance, he had had no idea of where he was all he knew was that he was with Jade."Oh, don't worry about the meal. There is always a time where you can possibly pay me back. I promise. And it's alright, I have enough Mizas to last me quite awhile. Especially with the job I have. A hunter in fact. I get paid Five Golden Mizas at the end of the season."He didn't sound as if it was a boastful thing to talk about. In fact he was stating it to be proud. He wouldn't usually get this far by himself if he had tried.

Ever since he had arrived at the Fortress City of Peace. Ferrins' intellectual development has increased with self awareness and curiosity. He became more gregarious around people. Not that he wasn't, but he was a person who was less sociable. He mostly spent his time training with his father in Kenash. Or playing with wooden sword dueling his brother Durin. He was the youngest of the siblings. And Ferrin knew that he had done wrong leaving him at home taking on all of the strees from his parents. Ferrin was afraid to discover what kind of response his parents would speak to him of.

"Thank you, Jade. I feel honored that you have had said such a thing. Maybe I can offer you a place to stay at my apartment room for awhile. We could talk about the payments later if you want?"As he finished he had taken a sip of his wine. If he drank to much, he would feel a little sick to his stomach. Usually it was because of the fact that he would not occasionally drink wine every so often. And his insides are probably trying to get used to the drink of wine.

A group of men came strolling in through the door of the Rearing Stallion. Laughing and joking about with one another. As if they had gotten drunk at some other tavern. Jade announced that she didn't like men like them. Ferrin didn't either. He didn't know why man can act so... Chaotic at times."I do not like men that act like that either." Ferrin said. As he had took a small gaze at the men who had sat at the nearest table towards the door. Still laughing and joking around. One seemed to have had shoved one of them. But not so aggressively yet.

The waiter came back with two steaming bowls of soup. And said, "Really sorry about the wait. Here's your bowls of soup. And try to ignore those men over there if you can. They can get a bit... Rough." Ferrin nodded and thanked the man. He also gave the man the five Silver Mizas for Jade's Neal as well."Thank you. I think we won't stay here to long. Hopefully not long enough to be causing trouble. It is already getting late so we shall finish our meals quick. If we can. " Ferrin said with a smile. The waiter nodded and walked off. Ferrin began eating his soup. Waiting for Jade to respond. Occasionally he would smile. But he really did not want to get involved with the group of men. He hadn't had his sword with him, so he is defenseless. Especially if he was no good at unarmed combat.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Jade Laken on January 4th, 2016, 4:54 am

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

Jade nodded looking to the man across from her instead of watching the men behind them.

"Are you sure? I don't wish to be a burden," Jade said looking at him gently.

She knew that depending on the price she would not be able to pay him very long in order to stay with him.

"Wait how big of a place do you have in order to be able to house two people?" Jade asked suddenly curious about what place in the city that seemed so tightly cramped would be big enough for the two people to move around each other comfortably.

Jade was amazed that he was training to become a Knight.

"Should you complete the knighthood training won't you have to remain here as a Knight?" She asked wondering if he ever dreamed of returning home one day to see his family once more as she did most nights.

She was accustomed to sleeping outside after growing up in Endrykas that she was not normally bothered by the hard ground to sleep on but with the city mainly made up of stone it made for a much much colder sleeping arrangement than she was used to.

Last edited by Jade Laken on March 14th, 2016, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 4th, 2016, 1:09 pm

Ferrin realized that what he had said was a bit confusing in a way. He wasn't actually a squire as of yet. He technically was training, though. With another person that knows enough information about the Knighthood. She's also a follower of Priskil. The Goddesses of light and hope. As well as radiance. Ferrin can recall the story. "Oh well, since there is still light out. I thought that I can get to the Bazaar quick enough to purchase some nice woolen, and fur blankets perhaps. My place has two rooms. One built for the bedroom. Not much, but it gets the job done. The other part is usually a living room in a way. So... Would quick stop be alright with you?" Ferrin said with a smile.

He had stopped to take a sip of wine. And a few bites of soup. The men close to the door were still being loud and obnoxious. Ferrin though he had seen a lady who tried to talk them into being a bit quieter, but that didn't seem to do anything. "Sorry to confuse you with the Knighthood stuff. I'm not actually a squire or anything like that." Ferrin said with a blush."I think we should leave soon before we get into trouble. You mind tagging along? " Ferrin asked with another smile. He knew that smiles and blushes weren't everything, but Ferrin can do whatever he can to help someone out.

He wouldn't mind the company either.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Jade Laken on January 4th, 2016, 2:04 pm

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

"Sure anything to get away from guys like them," Jade said nodding her head in their direction.

She hated crowded and loud places as it proved difficult to hear in most of the time. Jade wanted to be able to hear at all times in case danger was coming. The young girl finished about half of her glass of wine with her soup as she tended to be useless with a full glass under her belt. Though she seemed to be holding up better than usual as it appears that the Rearing Stallion doesn't use the same kind of items in its wine as the camp back home does in its ale. Jade followed the young man's lead as he got up and went out the door. Jade walked behind him about to grab her pancho when a hand gripped her other wrist yanking her back on to the lap of one of the guys from the loud group.

"AH!" She looked up and glared, "release me now!"

The man just laughed and tightened his grip.

"She's a feisty one!" The man said while laughing more before looking down at Jade.

"Release me," Jade said with a hardened glare as her other hand slowly inched for the hidden dagger she keeps on her though she was far more likely to cut a hand off herself before doing any real damage to the men that had grabbed her.

She refused to go down without a fight no matter the outcome. She knew that Ferrin had no sword, but maybe if she could get the dagger to him then he could help.

Last edited by Jade Laken on March 14th, 2016, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 4th, 2016, 11:47 pm

Ferrin finished his meal. And drank the rest of the wine in his glass. It looked that Jade was near finished with hers. She happily agreed with Ferrin and they would soon leave the Rearing Stallion. He was glad that he could leave this place after all of this activity. "Ok, so just a few quick stops at the Bazaar. And then we'll head home. Does that sound good?" Ferrin said with a smile. He had just finished his last few spoonfuls of his stew."The blankets are just temporary, until I could get another bed. That's if you would want to stay awhile Jade. But you can have my bed." Ferrin had said gently. He didn't want to offend her in any way, but at least he hoped for the best.

The group of guys by the door seemed to have had just purchased a few mugs of ale. Maybe it would be best to leave this tavern soon. Or else, the two could get involved with this... unfortunate event. "You ready to go yet, Jade? I think it would be best if we leave soon. And perhaps get the Knights or something? So that the good tavern folk won't have to be afraid of this group of men."Ferrin said.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Jade Laken on January 5th, 2016, 2:21 am

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

"Come now cutie. It's obvious the guy you are with doesn't know how to handle a woman. Let me show you how a man should treat a beautiful woman," The man said with a smirk and yanked her closer.

"I said let go!" Jade growled and bite his arm making him let go and slap her away from him.

Jade landed with a hard thud on the ground when she was forced away from the man. She crawled backwards as the man jumped up and growled stalking towards her. Jade ignored the pain in her hip from where she had cut her hip landing just moments before.

"Ferrin!" She called to get his attention as she had kept her voice down to keep from alerting the owner and other patrons.

Jade winced when her head smacked into the edged of a table behind her. She looked up as she could feel the dagger behind her back which she knew he couldn't see at the moment. Jade kept an arm behind her so that she could grab the dagger if someone didn't get a knight or the owner didn't throw the man out for getting too rowdy.

Last edited by Jade Laken on March 14th, 2016, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 5th, 2016, 1:57 pm

OOCHey Jade, usually with scenes like this we would plot it out first alright. But since your new, I'll go along with it, test Ferrins ability to fight without any weapons, if he has to..."

"Hey you petching shykes what do you think your doing?!"Ferrin wasn't yelling at them. But his tone was a stern one. You can't just grab a lady and treat her like she was some... Toy. That would be nonhuman. "Hey stop that!"
"Oh yeah, what do you think you can do about eh?!One of the men said to Ferrin. He walked up to Ferrin and spat at his face as if it was some spit cup. Ferrin wiped the spit off of his face and groaned a bit. He didn't wan't to get involved with these guys, and he hadn't had his sword with him. Also he wasn't much of an unarmed combat person. So possibly when he had left his sword at his room at the Traveler's Row. Maybe that was a bad mistake and one that Ferrin should not have had taken.

He had attempted to calm down. But the guys were man handling her. And being snarky about it as well. Stating that Ferrin isn't a strong enough man to take care of a lady like Jade. But he was squeezing her and holding her with such in-human strength. She half yelled half spoke Ferrins' name. And Ferrin tried to think. He tried to think what he could do to not stay kicked out of the tavern. Out of all of the ladies in the tavern, they had to chose Jade? What does Jade have that the other ladies do not? Ferrin took a quick glance at Jade. And then to the other guys who were laughing and chuckling as if this was some type of joke.

"Aye, so your going to give up then and have your body on the streets, dead?" Ferrin was shell shocked in a way. He didn't know wether this was a threat or this guy was to drunk to even handle himssaid pyramid reset call dad"Well excuse me for being rude, at least I don't strangle the ladies that are in my hands..." Ferrin blushed as he said the comment. He didn't want to offend Jade, but it's true Ferrin would never have had treat women with such disrespect.

"Well you little petching twerp. I have you know that I can take you out with one swing in the face by my fist. If that's how you want it to end?" Now this guy was completely drunk. And he started to feel woozy. And dizzy. Ferrin had noticed his unstable feet trying to keep balance. Perhaps the ale is kicking in already? He seemed to have dropped Jade and a knife as he fell backwards on a seat behind him.
"Jade lets grab our stuff and go. We can lose them in the Bazaar if that try to follow us!" Ferrin grabbed Jade's hand and he took Jade's coat and his cloak. The hurried out the door with laughter roaming behind them as they left. The other guys were either laughing at the two of them for being cowards. Or they were laughing at the drunken man who had fallen unconscious.

That is the reason why Ferrin wouldn't drink like that.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Jade Laken on January 5th, 2016, 11:06 pm

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

Jade ran behind him as she left the small little dull dagger behind. She raced with Ferrin before looking back to see who if anyone was following them.

"They aren't following," Jade called looking over to him as the two were almost out of breath. She looked over at Ferrin and finally pulled him to a stop.

"They aren't following us," She said panting and looking behind them as she turned her attention to Ferrin once more.

"Sorry about all the trouble," Jade said looking at him gently.

Jade didn't know if the guys had planned on grabbing her or if she was just there at an opportune time for them to grab as she left the tavern. Jade sighs gently and looks at him.

"Where did we run to?" She asked finally getting a chance to look around at where the two had ran in order to get away from the men at the tavern.

Jade looked around confused realizing that she had left her dagger.

"Ah I lost the dagger," She said and made a slight pouty face before looking back to Ferrin when he begins to speak once more. Jade hears a commotion up ahead of them and gets confused.

"What is that?" She asked confused and walked ahead with him as she finally started to understand the words she could make out.

"Oh we must have ran to the Bazzar without knowing it," Jade said amazed as she looked into the indoor market not used to so much in one place.

Last edited by Jade Laken on March 14th, 2016, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 6th, 2016, 3:24 am

Ferrin had had stopped abruptly as Jade wanted him to stop. The adrenaline soon escaping out of his body had lowered his nerves snapped back into reality as he had just realized of where he was. "Oh sorry about that Jade, I just didn't want you to be hurt that was all..."Ferrin had handed Jade her coat. and he took a good look of where he and Jade were. All of this running had gotten them end up at the Bazaar. An indoor bazaar, now that was actually something. So many people had been walking and roaming about this place, it felt, to Ferrin like insanity. How do people manage to get going around here? This was definitely different then trades at Kenash.

There were tons of booths set up for all sorts of things. Hunting gear, arrows, bows, crossbows. Well, weapons from out of town and such. Or some weapons that might be made from Syliras itself and have been decided to sell some here. Maybe? Ferrin needed to find the area where they might sell furniture stuff. Perhaps"Ok, so what we would need to find are blankets. And maybe a few pillows as well."Ferrin figured that Jade must've really loved her knife. He had hoped that it wasn't some family valuable. Otherwise, that would mean they would have to go back. Hopefullly it wasn't to much of importance to Jade.

"Lets check over there."Ferrin said gently as he pointed across the Bazaar. "Maybe stay close, so just in case one of us lose one of us?"Ferrin said. The young hunter gestured Jade to follow. Ferrins' feet had begun to feel sore. That running must've been forever. It had only seemed like a few chimes. But it had felt like a whole Bell to Ferrin. He didn't know how Jade felt about running that whole way, but she had seemed worn out as well. Ferrin was surprised of how far they had ran from the Rearing Stallion. Especially when their were tons of people walking about the streets. So possibly the men that they had ran from, if they did follow them in the first place. They must've lost track of them, throughout the river of people on the streets.

It had only been a few chimes since they had had reached the booth were Ferrin needed to get to. Fortunately for him, the big comforters and fur blankets were neatly folded on racks. Other clothings were resting on top of the booths' table. A middle aged man with shades of grey hair was running the booth. "So, what can I do for ya two?"The man asked. His tone was low, but it wasn't difficult to hear. His skin was toned white, but not as pale as snow. For sure. Ferrin pondered for a moment. He didn't know which fur blankets he had liked best. Tiger, Deer, Wolf, and so on "How much would each fur blanket cost mr.?"The middle aged man took a few ticks to think about it. "Well, it varies. The TIger ones cost 4-5 Silver Mizas. For this season, the Deer skin fur blankets would cost 5-6 Silver MIzas. The Wolf blankets would cost roughly the same as the Tiger ones." "Any ones that you would like to get, my good sir?""The man asked.

Ferrin thought about it for awhile. "I won't mind the wolf blankets. Do you have a set and stone price for them?""Oh yes, That would be 5 Silver Mizas, we have a large enough stock of them. So how much would you like?"Ferrin thought two, but then he realized that he might be needing some for the bed as well. To at least keep Jade warm. Hopefully. So, perhaps four. Man, blankets could be expensive. "Ok, can I purchase Four, please?" "Here are your four Golden Mizas. Sorry I don't carry any Silver with me. You could possibly get change for them." "Do you also have a bag or something that I could carry some of these in?"Ferrin took a breath as he fished out some more mizas. Maybe he should find a job soon, otherwise he wouldn't be able to live in an apartment if he kept spending money like this. His hunting job was only good for a few seasons. And not enough to last a spare season.

"Oh yes, bags are free of charge. Here ya go. Just big enough for two fur blankets."The man handed Ferrin the bags that he had also carefully placed the blankets in. "Ok Jade, just one more stop, you mind carrying a bag for me? If you want you could take a look around while I go get something else?"Ferrin took one bag in his hand. And he handed Jade the other. And he wouldn't go until Jade would be fine with it.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day Out! (Jade Laken)

Postby Jade Laken on January 7th, 2016, 3:01 am

J A D E L A K E N

Timestamp:

Jade looked at the beautiful blankets while he spoke with the merchant about prices. She was surprised at the price of the furs, but coming off the sea of grass she knows how valuable furs can be during winter. Jade looked over when the man handed Ferrin the two bags.

"I don't mind carrying them at all," She said with a smile.

"Do you want me to help you get some of the stuff we need?" Jade asked looking at him taking the bag more than happy to carry some of the bags.

Jade listened to him as he talked about going to get a few other items.

"What else is there to get?" Jade asked looking at him gently as he explained.

"I will stay close by where ever you are going so that we can head out when you are ready," Jade said with a smile looking at him before following close by him as the two walk further into the bazaar.

She looked around amazed at all the stands of things from all around the world.

"Is this from the Inarta?" Jade asked looking at the falcons and the strange looking weapons that have falcons carved into them.

Jade looked when he seemed to appear beside her out of no where. Normally she would have jumped and tried to stab someone who randomly walked up behind her, but she lost the only weapon she had the time.

Last edited by Jade Laken on March 14th, 2016, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext