Garrison's Folly. (Solo)

Squirrel against squirrels. It had to happen at some point.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Garrison's Folly. (Solo)

Postby Archailist on January 16th, 2016, 2:21 pm

27th of Winter, 515.

“Ugh, why can’t it just start snowing already?” The landscape looked barren. Grass and vegetation, from the Kabrin Road all the way up to the skeletal remains of the Bronze Woods, had been trampled under-hoof by countless patrolling knights, travelling wagons desperate to make it inside the castle before the first snows fell, and hunters struggling to pick off the last few animals who’d not made it to hibernation fast enough. The churned mud was a horrible eyesore. He looked away and tried to focus on the road, not that it looked any better. Ser Iros was riding ahead, flanked by two more knights. One was stout and couldn’t seem to shut his mouth – a Sergeant Knight by the name of Ser Stanlinsa, if Ser Iros’ constant respectful yet still insistent requests for the man to shut his petching mouth were anything to go off – and the other, he had no idea.

“I wouldn’t get my hopes up, if I was you. It looks like this is going to be a warm season.” Of course Iros would be the first one to dash his hopes to pieces. Worse still, he couldn’t even disagree. So far, winter hadn’t lived up to its name and he couldn’t see that changing for the foreseeable future. So much for all the snowball fights he’d wanted.

“If I were you, I’d be glad. You don’t want to be out doing patrols in the snow. You ever tried it? For Sylir’s sake, it’s like Morwen herself is tryin’ to kill you!” Ser Stanlinsa’s boisterous voice cut through Iros like a knife, visibly. His posture stiffened like a deer caught in the sight of a Balicani. “Even worse if you get caught in the snow-clearing duties, I’ll tell yah. You probably wouldn’t remember this, Iros, but just after those Shield Games a while back, it seemed like even the First Tier was gonna be—“

“That was only last year, why would I not remember that?” the Akalak cut in with a scowl. “Besides, we’re here.” Mithryn Outpost, even in the late clutches of winter, was busy as ever. Fall had brought more crops than ever before, it seemed, but with a plentiful supply of food also came a hearty number of rodents looking for some free meals before their hibernation. Stormhold was easy enough to hold down, as long as they stopped the creatures dipping deep into the corridors and spreading across the entire castle. Mithryn wasn’t as simple. Squirrels were climbing up the walls and struggling inside by any means necessary. The last thing anyone wanted was a bunch of rodents feeding through all the food supplies and contaminating them with whatever diseases they brought as well.

That was where they all came in. A little extra reinforcement to give the Outpost a little more security. “You’ve got the cages, right?” Behind them all, Tobias rattled the small cages they’d requisitioned from one of the stalls in the Grand Bazaar. Well, if they started slaughtering the animals in the middle of the street, they’d be responsible for cleaning up the mess as well. Besides, there was no kill order. Just deal with the problem. If that meant capturing the squirrels in some cages and returning them to the woods, or taking them back to the Bazaar to be sold off as pets or pelts or meat, wasn’t up to Archailist. Though he did have an agreement with Iros. Every animal he captured would be returned to the Bronze Woods. The others, well, he didn’t want to know. Iros wasn’t known for his compassion in small creatures and the Pycon took any indication to how he’d been treated as a squire this past year, the Akalak was going to roast them himself over a fire and take great pleasure doing so.

Narick and Tobias, two squires Arch had the joy of working with in the past, would be acting on Arch’s behalf. Of both of them, Narick had been the easiest to convince into joining. Dirty sod was always looking for an opportunity to show off some of his prowess and was utterly confident that he could nail a squirrel with his bow. Tobias had been pretty reluctant until Narick had joined. Then it seemed like the mage couldn’t jump in on their little adventure fast enough. Personally he didn’t know what Tobias saw in Narick but hey, as long as the lad was happy and kept his eyes on the squirrels, it didn’t matter. To balance it out, Iros had two knights on his side. Neither of which Arch had ever met before, but if Iros was going to invite someone he could barely tolerate to deal with a few squirrels of all things, then the guy had to be pretty good at what he did, right? “Alright, we each take five cages. That should be enough to deal with the infestation between us. Person with the most squirrels caught at the end is the winner.”

They all stopped together outside of the Gatehouse and exchanged the tiny wood and metal cages. “May the best team win, I suppose.” As much as Archailist wanted to win to save the lives of the small rodents, he didn’t want to cheat Iros out of a fair competition. Well, mostly fair. The knight had two other knights on his side – one of which a Sergeant! Their teams were admittedly a little skewered. But hey, that just gave them all the more reason to work as hard as they could.

“Thank you very much, Squire Archailist. I think we will.” Iros lifted his nose high in the air and tugged on the reins of his mount, turning it on the spot and strolling confidently through the Gatehouse. As much as he might put on a show of arrogance, just before he turned the corner into the Menagerie, Archailist saw Ser Stanlinsa give the red Akalak a firm slap on the back of the head that rattled his helm like a giant bell. So that's why he brought Ser Stanlinsa.
Last edited by Archailist on January 23rd, 2016, 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Garrison's Folly.

Postby Archailist on January 16th, 2016, 7:51 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

From that moment on, they were all on the clock. Riding all the way down to Mithryn wasn’t an easy task and they were losing what precious daylight they’d lost throughout the day. One way or another, they’d spend the night in the Garrison and head back into the city come morning if they were needed there. “Alright, we do this quick and we do it right. No distractions.” The other two squires nodded in agreement. They all wanted the chance of beating a team of knights as much as any self-respecting squire would; Arch had no intention of disappointing them. “Narick, take all of our mounts into the Menagerie. There’s no point leaving them here to get in our way.”

“Wait, why do I have to take the horses?” And Archailist could already see his plans of a quick and simple victory disappearing in clouds of smoke and tongues of flame. There wasn’t any time for petty arguments, especially when Iros had a head-start!

Steady. With some effort and deep breaths, he at least calmed himself enough to avoid raising his voice at Narick when he turned back around. “Narick, listen. If you take the horses, Tobias and I are going to begin setting up a plan on how to lure the squirrels in and stun them. We’ll still be here when you get back and you can explain your ideas as well afterwards but right now I just need you to take these horses, and my dog, into the stable and make sure they stay there. Alright?” The Pycon was doing absolutely everything in his power to make his voice sound as sincere and non-confrontational as possible, no matter how much he really wanted to just tell the squire to sit down, shut up and do his job. If I was a knight, I could. But he wasn’t. Here and now, Narick had every right to turn around and walk away; there wasn’t a thing Arch would be able to do to stop him.

Thankfully, he’d made the right decisions with Narick; the idea of beating a team of knights all at the same time in a competition was just too good to pass up. “Fine, fine.” He picked up Xarex in the crook of one arm and grabbed the reins of both his own horse and Tobias’ with the other hand. “We’d better win. Or you’re cleaning my stables for the rest of the season, Arch.” He’d gladly take that over Iros bragging for the rest of time. For a knight, the Akalak really could be childish at the best of times.

As Narick disappeared around the corner, Tobias’ voice came hovering overhead. “Alright, so, what is the plan?”

“The plan is, Narick and I are going to go out and capture as many squirrels as we can. You’re going to sabotage the knights and make sure that they don’t capture a single one.” The poor boy’s face turned white as snow. He opened his mouth, probably to make some complaint or refusal, but Archailist shushed him midway through his incoherent stuttering. “Look, there’s no other way we’re going to win. All I’m asking you to do is to sneak in and open up the cages while they’re not looking or something. You don’t have to bring their squirrels to us, just make sure that by the end, they don’t have any.” The squire didn’t look too happy with the plan. “Just try and trust me on this. It won’t be hard. Just don’t get caught?” Perhaps Tobias didn’t realize it, but Arch was putting all of his faith into the boy’s abilities. It isn’t hard. A long, drawn-out sigh from the mage-squire was just about as close as he was going to get to a yes. Arch took it, gladly.

There wasn’t anything in the rules of their challenge that prevented someone from sneaking in and releasing all the squirrels they’d caught – and although Arch would have preferred to win fair-and-square, he knew just as well as Iros did that there wasn’t much of a chance for victory when up against a superior force. Not without a little stealth and underhand manoeuvring, at least. “Alright, off you go. I think I saw them heading towards the other side of the Garrison.” The squire turned to go but Arch jumped forwards and grabbed a loose plate at the heel of one foot, stopping him for just a tick. “Remember what I said; don’t get caught. If they know what you’re doing then it’s game over.” Tobias visibly swallowed and nodded. “Don’t let them see you on the way in, either. Too suspicious. Keep to the walls, don’t make a sound.” He let go of Tobias and the boy ran off like the wind.

“Man, just a little harsh?” Arch sighed quietly to himself. How long had Narick been there? “I mean I know you want to win and everything but that’s—“

“Just stop talking and hand over the weapons.” He’d lost his cool. Besides, Narick had earned it for eavesdropping. They didn’t know the meaning of harsh; he was struggling to make up this entire plan from the ground-up in a matter of chimes. With a little hope and a lot of luck, everyone would stick to their jobs and do them well, so that he could focus on the next move. With just a little more prompting, Narick handed over Arch’s Py-Pole and Py-Whip. “Alright. There’s no point trying to guard the Guardhouse because there are already knights there to scare off the squirrels if they get too close. As for the walls, they could pop up anywhere around the entire Outpost. The two of us aren’t going to be able to watch all places at all times. So, we need food to lure them in. Run to the nearest food store and buy a few handfuls of whatever you can find that would be most appealing to squirrels.” The dirty look that Narick gave Arch was worse than a Blighter. “I’ll pay you back afterwards. Just get going!”
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Garrison's Folly. (Solo)

Postby Archailist on January 16th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Several chimes later and a lot of running around, by the sound of Narick’s heavy panting, they had a small mountain of squirrel foods. Since Arch was reimbursing everything, it looked like Narick had really gone all-out; or, more likely, he’d simply forgotten what squirrels ate and decided to grab a little bit of everything in the hopes that at least something was right. About a pound of chestnuts, walnuts and almonds mixed up together, with perhaps a pound of apples and Arch thought he even saw some mushrooms. He would have just asked, but… “Hey, I was more focused on just trying to find the places to get this stuff than I was actually buying.” Oh well, at least they had the bait to lure in the squirrels. Even if he was down about 10GM.

“Whatever, just spread it out in the courtyard and get back to a safe distance.” If these squirrels were crazy enough to jump around armoured knights to get their paws on some food, they were crazy enough go straight through anyone and anything standing between them and their meal. Just another reason to get them out of the hamlet as quickly as they could. Narick spread out the several handfuls of food across the middle of the courtyard outside the Garrison and quickly backed up next to Archailist, just at the edge and pressed into the shadow of the building. “We sit and wait for the squirrels to take the bait. Once they’ve gathered up in the middle, I’ll rush in and take as many down as I can. If any get to the outside and look like they’re about to escape, you need to take them down.” As much as he hated the prospect of killing the squirrels, he was a squire first and he had a duty to fulfil. If push came to shove and the only way to prevent these animals plaguing the Outpost for the rest of the season was by shooting some of them with arrows, then they’d be shot.

“Why don’t I go and check up on Tobias? You know, it’s going to be a while before anything comes and investigates. We could be here a long time. There’s no harm in just making a quick check to see whether he’s still alright.” He admired that there was some concern in the arrogant, narcissistic squire for his fellow members of the Order.

But at the end of the day, they all had their own jobs to do. “No. You and I both need to stay here. If you go and he’s been caught, you might get caught yourself. If he hasn’t been caught yet, you might reveal his position.” It wasn’t a very comforting thing to say, but it was the whole truth and nothing less. “Have a little confidence. He’ll do his job and in return, we’ll do ours. Stay here and keep an eye out for any squirrels, either in the square or in the surrounding space.” The sooner they picked off the rodents before they arrived at the food, the better; there’d be less chance of scaring the others away, after all.

In all honesty, when setting up a trap, he’d expected to wait something like ten or fifteen chimes for squirrels to arrive; not almost a bell and a half. It’d nearly been two bells since they’d started and that meant they were all running out of time. In all that time, they’d only found one lone squirrel charging straight through the street just opposite the courtyard. Or rather, they’d followed the surprised yells of men and women as the furry little creature leaped back and forth between the walls of shops, practically hurling itself at anything that moved. Clearly insane. Or whatever qualifies as insanity in the mind of a feral animal. “I’ve got it.” The creature barely gave the Pycon a second glance in its rampage; it didn’t look anywhere near enough an actual squirrel, nor smell like one. That worked fine for Arch. All he had to do was watch its run, try to anticipate its move. Or, well, he would. For the first time there was nothing remotely predictable. No attacking swipes of a predator, no methodical thinking of a sentient creature. Okay, this is a little strange. It wasn’t even going near the food, either.

Narick noticed Arch’s hesitation and readied his bow. “Don’t.” There was no real need to ward off the other squire, he’d never hit the squirrel either. Too small, too fast, too random. “We need to herd it instead. Open up one of the cages and keep the pin at the ready.”

Narick pulled open the cage door and left it balanced above the cage, then Archailist braced his shoulder against the back and pushed it forwards with all of his strength until it stood right in the middle of the road leading into the courtyard. Still plenty of room on either side. “Use some of the extra cages to blockade the corners to make sure it can’t go around.” It’d still be able to jump over, little problem at all. But at least this would slow it down a tad. With the other cages spread out long-ways across the road and the rodent still mercifully content just running around in disoriented circles instead of any meaningful direction, they were about as prepared as ever.

“Alright, Narick, take right! I’ll take left!” Each squire filled one of the two remaining alleys and eased themselves closer to the middle, taking up as much space as physically possible. Arch, given his tiny size, was mostly reliant on holding his Py-Pole horizontally like a bizarre little hurdle. It seemed to do the trick well enough and close down on the space for the squirrel, eventually making it decide between charging the two moderately-imposing figures or make for the exit. It turned for the cages. Okay, now, just go inside.. run right into the cage.. please! Oh, if only it were that simple. As fast as both squires ran to chase the little creature, it still turned and jumped atop one of the other cages instead. That was as far as it got, though.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Garrison's Folly. (Solo)

Postby Archailist on January 17th, 2016, 8:23 pm

The rodent sat on top of the cage, twitching violently and foaming at the mouth, but never taking a step in any direction. Then it floated up into the air, hovered there for a tick, lowered itself back down and floated straight into the cage.. which then closed and locked itself. Neither Arch nor Narick had any explanation. That’s unnatural in more ways than I can count. “Hey, quit staring! We’ve still got more coming!” It was Tobias. He’d snuck back in while they were both preoccupied, one arm limp and tucked into his side and the other holding a sack filled with many squirming lumps. Looked like he’d been very busy.

“Are those--?” Tobias cut off Narick before he could even finish off his question.

“About three squirrels and a lot of apples. Stole them one at a time out of the knights’ cages and kept them together in this bag left on the side of the Bunde and Brady. I’ll return it all later.” Very impressive indeed.

“And that… that thing, the invisible hovering thing, that was you as well?” A wild guess from the Pycon since he had to doubt a ghost was interested in helping capture a few squirrels.

“Yeah, can we stop with the questions for the moment though? More important stuff to deal with.” For some reason Tobias kept glancing back over the cages, towards the square. When Arch turned back around, it became fairly obvious why.

“Shyke!” Another four squirrels, all gathered together in the middle of the square, chewing noisily on their food. Occasionally a passer-by got a little too close and they backed off for a chime as a group, but quickly returned. “.. A family?" A guess. The only reason he could think of why they’d all come together as a group instead of steadily flowing in across the day. They must have come while they were all distracted with the other squirrels, damn it all to Hai! “Urgh. Well now we haven’t got any other choice. Narick, think you can throw me right into the middle?” Maybe he could at least stun two or three of them, frighten the others into Narick and Tobias. “Tobias, do that weird invisible thing and grab as many as you can. Then, Narick, you shoot the survivors.” Probably not the best move, but it was all he had and apparently it was better than anything the other two squires could think of under pressure.

One problem. Arch had vastly underestimated Narick’s upper body strength. Maybe it was just because he was so used to the massive, muscled Akalak tossing his little body around with very little effort, he’d forgotten that he weighed a little more than he looked. Even with both hands wrapped around Arch’s midsection, the lithe squire was sweating profusely as he lifted his heavy little body. “Jeez, Arch… you weigh a freakin’ tonne! You been eating rocks or something?!”

They didn’t have time for this! “Urgh! Just roll me then!” Syna’s light was just a small fraction above the wall and the sky was weeping dark shades of orange for its loss. Iros and his team had likely won, even with Tobias and his unprecedented success. Even if they caught every last squirrel, dead or alive, they’d just about break even. One way or another, Arch was destined to owe Narick a heck of a lot of Miza’s, plus plenty of extra time cleaning out his stables. Great. Just great. Worst of all, he had nobody else to blame but himself.

Arch’s limbs folded back on themselves and slowly deformed as they joined back with his torso, slowly squeezing down into a tight ball with a Py-Pole sticking through the middle, just below his nexus. “Here goes nothing! One… two… three!” For all his lack of upper body strength, the boy had a good arm, for all that it was worth. When he threw—or, well, when he rolled, he rolled hard, fast and damn accurate. He couldn’t exactly see where he was going, since his entire body was tipping head-over-heels so fast that it felt like his nexus was going to be physically, violently expelled if he went any faster – but he could feel something hitting his Py-Pole. And… stop! Two lumps of clay jutted out of the clay ball and dug deep into the dirt, pulling a good deal of soil back out with him as his momentum dragged the rest of his body a few more inches before finally stopping. Ow. It wasn’t very pleasant to roll so smoothly across the ground that it became difficult to ever stop. Not something he’d ever actually recommend to anyone else, but at least it’d worked its purpose, he hoped. Deforming himself so quickly took a chime or three to reconstruct himself, though he was in for a shock when he did. One squirrel was in Narick’s arms, squirming around frantically as he quickly shoved it into another one of the free cages and locked it shut. Two more were hovering in the air, being pushed into respective cages by Tobias.. who now had both hands in his pockets. Seriously, does he have ghosts or something helping him out or something?

“So, that brings the total up to six. What happened to the other one?” If he remembered correctly, there were four hanging out in the square. He supposed if Narick was busy catching one too, he’d not shot it down.

“Escaped. Turned tail and ran, couldn’t catch it again. You bowled one over and stunned another with your cannonball routine so I ran in and grabbed one before it got the chance to run away, Tobias got the others that he could.” They all looked pretty pleased with themselves and Arch supposed they all had good reason to be, too. Six squirrels was a pretty excellent haul, even if three of them were caught by another group of people.

“Hah, suppose we’re done for the day, then. Look on the bright side; if we lose, we can still take up jobs as hunters after today!”
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Garrison's Folly. (Solo)

Postby Archailist on January 17th, 2016, 10:54 pm

After redistributing the squirrels still trapped in the apple sack through the rest of the cages, as well as collecting the remaining squirrel-food they’d used for bait to feed the squirrels they’d caught, Narick went to collect his horse. They’d need something to carry the cages on that wasn’t their backs, after all. It was leaning towards the end of the day and they’d need to meet back up at the Gatehouse to compare their catches before heading up to the Garrison and catching a brief sleep before the long march back to Syliras in the morning. “You think we’ve got a chance of winning?” Tobias nonchalantly shrugged one shoulder. The other one was still limp and tucked against his side, but he seemed to be concentrating intensely on it. “By the way, are you ever going to tell me what that stuff was anyway? That thing you were doing with your mind?”

A long, loud sigh announced that Tobias wasn’t really paying attention. He seemed to be struggling to flex his fingers and wrist. “It’s magic, Arch.” A violent twitch ran straight through the length of his arm, then everything seemed fine. “I just, kinda.. err.” The boy-squire seemed to be struggling to find the right words. “It’s like, taking you out of yourself.” A long, silent pause followed.

“Wait, that’s it? Oh, well, that’s really helpful. Thanks.” It didn’t really matter, Narick was already back with the horses. Together they stuffed the cages into the saddlebags wherever they could fit – and tied the bars to the straps of the horse’s saddle where they wouldn’t – and turned back for the Gatehouse. “Suppose it doesn’t matter. However we did it, I think we’ve done well today.” As it turned out, actually, they’d done a whole lot better than they all expected. After turning back out onto the Kabrin Road, illuminated only by a few choice torches mounted just outside the Gatehouse, they came across three very angry-looking knights glaring at each-other from underneath their visors. There was enough tension in the air to make even the knights stood on guard look a little uncomfortable at their presence.

“Well, you look like you’ve had a very productive evening,” Narick purred with a voice so thick in sarcasm you could cut it with a knife. Ser Stanlinsa looked like he might just do that, along with Narick’s face, when he turned and pointed to the mysterious third knight accusingly.

“Oh, we would have, if he could learn how to lock a cage door! I swear to Sylir, never in my years have I ever had to deal with someone so utterly.. so utterly incompetent!” He’d seemed so jovial at the start. Now he was anything but. It almost made Arch feel a little bad for his dirty tactics; though then again, the defeat on Iros’ face. It was absolutely delicious. “So, anyway, go on. Put us out of our misery. Tell us how many you’ve caught.” Archailist let Narick do the honours instead, gesturing to the other squire with both hands.

Narick reached into one of the saddle bags, just to rub salt in the wounds. “Just six today, I’m afraid. Would have more, but hey, the odds weren’t really with us today.” Oh, nobody could brag like Narick. The boy had already perfected the cocky smile and didn’t hesitate in using it today. Meanwhile, all three of the knights were utterly frozen in shock. He was pretty sure that underneath Iros’ lowered visor, the Akalak’s jaw had dropped. There was absolutely nothing more satisfying than stumping his patron stupid. Today, even more so. “What about you guys, hmm?”

Reluctantly, Ser Stanlinsa turned and picked up a cage that the three knights had been standing in front of. Inside, one squirrel, gripping at the bars of the cage and staring at them all forlornly. They all waited, but it really looked like that was it. Another few ticks and Narick couldn’t hold back the laughter any longer. The squire’s raucous earned him a cuff around the back of the head from one of the guarding knights, but it was entirely worth it. It seemed like the three knights had sunk deep into their own armour at the admittance of their own utter failure. It really was rather cruel.

“Alright, alright. Just take it.” Iros suddenly grabbed the handle of their squirrel cage and thrust it upon Narick. “I’m a man of my word, you’re damn free to let the squirrels go back into the wild. Just make sure you take them out far enough that they don’t end up running back and making another mess because you’ll be marching back here to round them all back up again and this time neither of these two will be helping you do it.” And that made seven. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but that was still seven squires he’d release back into the Wildlands and save from butchering. “Now, everyone back to your quarters. It’s been a long day and it’ll be even longer tomorrow.”

Later, as Arch and Ser Iros marched through the Weir, alone since the others were returning their mounts back to the Menagerie along with sorting out a temporary home for their seven prizes, the Pycon found his reserve breaking. The poor knight hadn’t spoken a word. “You do know that we sabo—“

“Yes, I know that one of you kept stealing the squirrels that we caught.” An armoured finger dipped under the knight’s visor and lifted it so that he could meet the Pycon’s five eyes with an even stare. “You honestly don’t think that I’d ever believe Aonway would allow three squirrels to escape? The guy’s one of the fastest men I’ve ever known and I’ve never known him to make a careless mistake like that. If he did, he would have overgave a long time ago.” That struck something. It must have been obvious since Iros could answer his question before it even left his mouth. “Flux magic. Makes him move like the wind.” Oh. Well then he’d definitely have to pay Aonway a visit in the near future.

“Hold on. If you knew, why didn’t you do anything? Don’t the other two know?” The Akalak shook his head and a very rare smile crossed his face. Wait. His visor.. that’s why he’d left it down! To hide his face from everyone so he wouldn’t have to fake surprise. Cheeky sod.

“Arch, look. I know you took the form of a squirrel for a reason. For the love of Wysar I don’t know why, but you did. It’s pretty obvious that you care a lot about them.” A large, cold hand pressed to the top of his head with a reassuring pat. “What, do you really think I’m going to risk making my own squire let all these squirrels be ground up into soup or something? Please. I know I’m bad but give me some credit!” Iros laughed heartily and for once, Arch found himself laughing too. For all the misunderstandings about the guy, he did have a heart. A pretty big one, actually. “Now come on, get to bed. We’re up at Syna’s first light. Long walk back to Stormhold; even longer one if we’re going to stop off along the way and release all those squirrels.”
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Garrison's Folly. (Solo)

Postby Dove Brown on February 8th, 2016, 11:04 am

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Archailist
Skills
  • Logic 2
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Persuasion 1
  • Leadership 3
  • Tactics 3
  • Intelligence 1
Lores
  • A plague of squirrels
  • Event: a contest to remove pests
  • Tobias: has invisible hands magic
  • Rolling too fast to stop is no fun
  • Narick: a good throwing arm
  • Aonway: a knight with flux magic
Miscellaneous
-10 gm
+ 1 sack of assorted squirrel food

+1 Shield points (patron)
+3 Shield points (helping deal with pest problem)
-2 Shield points (cheating)

Comments: Nice read! Enjoy your grades.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)