Solo [Bronze Woods]As Still as Stone (solo)

Ferrin and Ellwyn(NPC) are out to hunt. Not having as much fun as expected...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Bronze Woods]As Still as Stone (solo)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 17th, 2016, 1:50 am

Winter of 20th out of 92nd

Crisp, cool winds filled the silent woods like an empty hallway with a door open to the outside. Branches blocked most of Synas light from reaching the earthen ground. Twigs, stones and leaves covered the forest ground like a waterfall had fallen, but the waterfall was filled with more grass like nature than actual water. And it wasn't really falling, just seemed like it. Ferrin pulled over his cloak as he and Ellwyn picked their steps with caution. A few yards out was a howl... And the two had suddenly stopped. "Shhh..."Ellwyn stated. She had a look of worry and was afraid that they might be caught.

Ferrin nodded, but did not look back. He was intent on hunting the beast as the beast was intent on finding any game. Soon, after a few ticks of careful stepping, a clearing was revealed, but bushes and shrubberies surrounded the perimeter of the clearing. The fortification of the clearing was supported by more trees circling around it. The clearing seemed to have a 30ft radius and there was a wolf, as Ferrin had assumed-sprawled out stretching its four paws out on the cold soil ground. It howled again, as it was calling for the rest of its pack. Another wolf answered in the distance, but it felt like more than over one hundred yards. But, Ferrin and Ellwyn could not clearly see the wolf, as it was protected by the bushes and shrubberies guarding the perimeter.

"Can you see the wolf? I am unable to spot where it lies. "Ferrin shook his head as the two trudged closer towards the clearing. The lighting was bright enough to see where your going, but it also felt dark at the same time with these rows upon rows of trees. If there were less trees, seeing wouldn't be much of a problem. That was one thing of Kenash Ferrin missed most about. Open grassland for a few miles out. That very grassland, knonw as The Sea of Grass. But, The Sea of Grass was also very dangerous when out alone. That was why Ferrins father had always went out to hunt with him.

"I can't see him. Perhaps if we hide behind the last rows of trees up ahead. We could at least sneak a peak behind the bushes so at least he might not see us?"Ferrin said with a whisper. Ellwyn nodded as she stepped near Ferrin to walk beside him. But, she still kept cautious with her steps and tried to avoid the large twigs that could be an alert with each step she had took. "Ok, lets get closer, and if we get close enough you could take the shot."Ellwyn replied with another whisper. The only reason why they were being quiet was because of the wolf. Even though, it probably can't take on two humans at a time, but if they could manage to take an advantage of the beast Ferrin and Ellwyn would take it gracefully.

"Alright, I can try to get it. But, we need to find the right spot for the perfect shot."The two conversed with hushed tones. And had hoped that the wolf won't investigate the noises. Fortunately, the wolf hadn't heard any twigs snap as of yet. But, its ears perked up as it heard another wolf call out. Ferrin crouched behind the base of the nearest tree that supported the fortitude of the perimeter. Ferrin peered through the nearest bush, as best he could. "Can you see him?"Ellwyn asked eagerly, but quietly. Ferrin nodded, "I can, but I won't be able to get a clear shot from here. And the range is about 15 yards out from where he rests."

Fifteen yards, just about a perfect range for Ferrin. Since hes a beginner with the bow. "Well, lets find us a better spot to be positioned with. Shall we?"Ellwyn asked with a smile. The dim light shown upon the clearing and revealed the grey furred wolf that lied down with all fours sprawled out. It growled as a rabbit swiftly scurried by and taunted the beast. The wolf snarled and moved its snout in a position that looked like it was angered. It got up and barked at the rabbit, as the rabbit had had already scurried away. Its tiny little legs, left footprints behind it.

"The wolf's just sitting there?"Ferrin asked quietly.
The wolf swiftly sat back down onto the earthen floor. It wanted to rest and be left aloof. Away, from every living thing. Was this clearing the wolves' domain? Or was it protecting something? Ferrin was unsure of what it was doing just sitting around. Maybe there was something that Ferrin couldn't see, that the wolf was actually protecting. If it did protect something. Cubs? An item of some sort? But, Ferrin didn't see any jewels or gems. Or any gold of the sort.

Ferrin and Ellwyn headed to the left of them, circling around counter-clockwise of the perimeter. A few ticks later, they had found an open shot that Ferrin could possibly make."Here we go. Lets take the shot now and get it over with. Or at least lets hope that we could get it over with."Ellwyn said with little optimism. "Are you doubting my skills? You've seen my shooting before?"Ferrin replied. "To be honest Ferrin, specifically your not the best shot I've seen. Only up close. I should help you more with that bow of yours, but right now we need to practice on tracking and finishing."Ellwyn said with a whispered tone.

"Well, do you want to take the shot instead then?"Ferrin asked tauntingly. "Hey, I'm not teasing you, Ferrin I'm just being honest. That is what friends do right?"Ferrin pondered this for a tick. "Sure, sure. Alright I apologize. I'll take the shot, but don't be mad at me if I miss alright?"

"Fine."Ellwyn said with a hushed tone. As Ferrin knocked in an arrow.

WC=Exactly 1000 Words
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 11th, 2016, 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 17th, 2016, 5:15 am

Cool winds filled the air around the hunters. All was quite and still, as Ferrin silently prepared his longbow with steadiness. Where the two were positioned now, they could see the wolves head and stout. As if it were just zoomed in. When they circled, did they actually get closer? From a measurement of fifteen yards or seemingly fifteen yards, the wolf still seemed far. But, with careful aim, Ferrin could manage to hit the beast. The grey furred animal still lied upon the ground as if oblivious to the world around it. And it had just ignored the recent call from another wolf. Ellwyn had just gotten curious about this act as well. Her auburn colored hair swiveled as she turned her head to take a look at the wolf.

"It is just sitting there. But, why is it just sitting there. Is it waiting for us to kill it? Or is it playing a trick on us. Ferrin, you have to make this shot. I do not trust this wolf's tricks. If it is playing any. Just please be careful. And I hope you can make this shot. Otherwise, we could definitely go after it if we would have to."Ellwyn stated hoarsely with a hint of quietness. Ferrin managed to finally, knock the arrow into the bow.

The young Kenashian lifted the longbow up carefully and aimed with steadiness. He pulled the drawstring back with the strength he could muster. His hands had started to sweat, fingertips down to his wrist. The string managed a low moan, as Ferrin tightened it. The tension grew ever so more, as Ferrin steadied himself. Ticks passed by, soon after it was a chime. Ellwyn clasped her hands together as if she prayed to the Gods of Mizahar for Ferrin to hit. Intensity grew. Ferrin slipped his hand of the wooden mass of the longbow, and the arrow was released with tremendous speed it zoomed passed with a slight whistle.

Fifteen yards, wasn't exactly, the "Perfect" range for Ferrin so to seem. The arrow skipped on top of the earthen ground like a stone skipping across the lake. After it was thrown. The wolf surprisingly stood up on full alert. Stretched and yawned. It howled soon after, and scurried off the opposite direction of the two hunters. "See Ferrin. I told you so."Ellwyn said teasingly. "You take next shot then."Ferrin replied with a hoarse tone. He smirked, but the shot that he had missed was a mistake. He meant to hit it, but didn't. Shame filled Ferrin.

Ferrin imagined what his father would say if he was upset with him."Son, that shot was depressing, but you can try harder. Practice makes perfect."Practice makes perfect, Ferrin thought. What about missing close shots like the last one? And if Ferrin can't hit the wolf again? What would happen then? What would he do? "Come on Ferrin, hurry up grab your arrow and lets go. We need to get that wolf. Before it reaches it pack and tells the rest to come looking for us."Ellwyn exclaimed quickly. Ferrin picked up his feet and slung the longbow across his shoulder.

The sheath that carried Ferrins Short Broadsword tapped lightly, but annoyingly against Ferrins waist as he ran to pick up his fallen arrow. He still placed the arrow back into his quiver. With the cursed under his breath as he found the steel tip broken. Ferrin still placed the arrow back into his quiver to at least prevent whatever scent the other predators could pick up. Its not good being out alone in the woods. Especially in the Bronze Woods, where there are likely to be predators roaming and lurking about. Ellwyn followed the wolf's tracks as the two ran on.

"His tracks are slowing down, his pace is slower when he first started running from us. We could possibly catch him up ahead. In the next clearing. If there is one. Otherwise, we'll be heading towards the Cobalt Mountains. There, we need to be extremely careful if we do end up going through the Mountains. Just stick behind me!"Ellwyn spoke with eagerness and still ran like there was a wildfire behind her. Ferrin had a hard time catching up. He wasn't as fast as her, that was the problem.

The other problem was the wolf. If Ferrin hadn't missed that shot he would have had achieved at least two things. A nice fur pelt for prize money. And add more meat to the food supply. It was a win win if he had had made the shot. But, no... He had to miss. Another wolf howl came from a distance. It startled Ferrin a little, but the same Wolf that the pair was tracking howled in reply. Like the two were conversing across the whole woods. Or maybe the two wolves talked about Ferrin and Ellwyn. Perhaps coming up with a good recipe that works well with a female and a male human.

"We're close Ferrin. Just another chime or so. There's also another clearing up ahead that I can see as well." Ferrin managed to spot the clearing as well. Probably about the same radius of the other one a few miles back. Ellwyn slowed her running pace down to a jog. And the two eventually met up with the next clearing."Would it hurt to slow down a little bit, Ellwyn?" Ferrin asked with breaths in between. You could say that he might be worn out, but his heart raced like a water pump pushing water through pipes.

"I would slow down if only the wolf did. But, you should try to run more. It would help. Strength isn't everything you know."Ellwyn stated rhetorically. She smirked tauntingly at Ferrin like this was some fun game of hide and seek-hopefully not get killed, game. Ferrin hoped that he wouldn't get killed. Otherwise, he would never become a Knight or let alone a squire. On his tombstone it would state how he died- the young Kenashian lived a happy life, up until he chased down a wolf from a failed shot and was soon eaten. The end. But, he's still alive now. If the wolf wanted to kill Ferrin and Ellwyn wouldn't it have had used its quick agility to kill both of them by a snap of a finger?

WC=1063
Total so far=2063

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 17th, 2016, 6:05 am

The two hunters neared the base of the clearing. Same as the other one that's a few miles down, shrubberies and bushes, as well as large trees filled and guarded the perimeter. The wolf paced around the edges eager for its game to arrive. Now, it thought that it would be an easy battle. And he could go home, fed happily. And have two tasty morsals dwelling within the belly of the beast after the meal of deliciousness. Ferrin shuddered at the thought once more, wolves... Why did it have to be wolves. Couldn't it just be the bunny rabbit that they saw back at the other clearing when it scurried away from the big bad wolf? Ellwyn took a few breaths to recooperate. Ferrin did the same.

"It's your turn now. Mind showing off your amazing talent." Ferrin taunted. Ellwyn hmphed at the comment with a hushed tone and bitterlike attitude. Ferrin was just teasing, after all she had done the very same thing."Are you willing to see the awesomeness that I can bring to you. Just watch my shot. We just need to get to a better position. " Ellwyn took a deep breath before she continued talking.

Back in the clearing, the wolf growled as it heard voices from behind the shrubbery. Was it worth being killed by two insightful little greedy humans to just take a peek? Or would it be more wise to just run away and flee while the ignorant humans conversed with disputatious attitude. Was it normal to argue over a animal like the wolf? The wolf howled in anxiety. As it waited for the two humans to reveal themselves. He wanted the opportunity to see the expression of the himan's faces when he kills them. It would be a big pleasure to him if he had the chance.

But would the two humans come out? Ferrin waited as the wolf stopped howling. Ellwyn went back to proving her ability to shoot a shortbow." A shortbow is just as good as a longbow. Mind you, and I've probably been at this longer then you have. So without further ado, may I start the process of shooting that petching beast or do you want to keep antagonizing me? How did I end up with you as a friend? It doesn't matter I still enjoy your presence. I'm not a total shyke-head right?"

Ferrin smiled, Synas light glowed dimly across Ferrins face. It reflected pearl white teeth, and rosy colored cheeks."Ok, ok. I have a feeling that. the wolf might be watching us Ellwyn. It had stopped howling, and now it's silent. Like... A large boulder when it's rooted in the ground and not clicking on stone pavement after a fall." Ellwyn took note of it. But, it didn't bother her as much. What really bothered her was the fact that she wanted so badly, to kill this grey furred beast and get it over with."I apologize Ferrin. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that. It was wrong of me to do so. But, this is still fun. As long as we have a fair chance to live." Ellwyn sighed. She took out an arrow, and positioned herself and the arrow to get the 'perfect' view.

Ticks grew fast as time seemed slow. Ellwyn knocked in her arrow with steadiness. And bent down to a crouching position. Ellwyns hands were now sweating. Like ice, when it melts from heat exposure. Ellwyn took her deep breath and steadied her hands. She exhaled the breath. And released her tension from the tight grasp that she had gave on the bowstring. The wolf wasn't to far away, perhaps 13 yards. Ferrin flinched as the wolf yelped with pain it howled and began to limp away, but still with tremendous speed.

"I knew I would hit it Ferrin. You just have to be patient with your shots that's all. Now, all we need to do is finish it off before the rest of the family gets here." The afternoon grew past the two as the hunters were intent on killing the beast. The wolf in fact had done no harm to them, but it thought to itself, why would they kill him if it wasn't doing any danger to anyone. He was just trying to sleep the day away, and conversing with his brethren across the woods. Was that a crime?

To these humans, assuming so it was. It limped throughout the distance of the woods and took a sharp bend. It was heading towards the Mountains. Where the rest of its family inhabited. And it would eventually be safe there so it hoped. It knew that it was leaving a blood trial through the woods. So it also knew that it was being easily tracked."Ferrin. Oh no! It's headed towards the Mountains. We won't be safe there alone. We have to hurry." The two hurried after the wolf once again in full pursuit.

Syna guided the way as best she could with her power of m to wield the light. Ferrin hurried right behind Ellwyn as she carefully followed the trail of blood that fell from the grey furred animal. And Ferrin knew that soon it would surrender. And just give up, so that Ferrin and Ellwyn wouldn't bet k be the ones dead. Ferrin liked that outcome better, not dying. He appreciated not dying. One shouldn't say that he might be a coward. But, who isn't afraid of wolves? Possibly the Kelvics, unless they are some vegetational type animal? Or would it matter in any way shape or form?

Ferrin breathed slightly heavy as the appearance of the Cobalt Mountains came into view. It was truly magnificent in a way. But it was also truly, magnificent horrifying as well. The same Wolf howled in pain and Ferrin, Ellwyn, and the wolf were all in one place. But this time the wolf wasn't alone, even though the two hunters could clearly see the wolf lying dead on the earthen floor. Within the clearen of the Cobalt Mountains. It was still dead, Ellwyns arrow struck the beast hard just about in the abdomen.

Two other wolves guarded the now dead wolf. Upset and angered by the two very humans who had killed its brother. "Now what?" Ferrin asked Ellwyn as the two were seemingly cornered by two other wolves. What would happen now?

WC=1068
Total=3131

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 17th, 2016, 11:03 pm

The two grey furred animals growled and snorted in disgust. Placing one paw in front of the other. And crunched snow beneath their feet. Ferrin was on edge as he never did want to die by the paws of a wolf. In fact, wolves. Plural. It wasn't the best way to die. Especially when your out hunting, and if you've made a mistake that could ruin your life, well. Here's the consequence of failing the shot. Kill one wolf, fight two for a price. And that price being, if Ferrin and Ellwyn lose this fight the price would be losing their lives.

If the two can manage to win. Then the cost would be the wolve's pelts and the himan's lives spared. It was practically a fifty/fifty chance in succeeding. The wolves came closer. Ferrin and Ellwyn both took a few steps back with a full level of caution. What would happen to them? Ferrin thought to himself as the wolves neared the humans.

Ellwyn took out an arrow from her quiver and hastily knocked it on the drawstring. Ferrin pulled out his short broadsword. Prepared for any attack that the wolves could give."No, wait!"
Ferrin exclaimed. But, it was to late, Ellwyn shot h her arrow at the closet wolf before her. And the wolf was hit with a whimper as it stumbled backward staggered. The one in line of Ferrins body growled as he turned to his fallen companion. It was unnecessary of course, what if they just wanted to warn the humans?

"Run! Back into the woods we could lose them. Just stay behind me as best you can."Ok!?"Ellwyn sprinted off in the depths of the woods. Ferrin hurried right after her. The wolf that faced Ferrin, howled then soon ran behind the two fleeing humans. Weak cowards. The wolf thought. Trees at every angle, turn and crevice. It confused Ferrin, he didn't know how Ellwyn would have such a good memory of these woods. It was incredible. But, them he remembered that she used to hunt a lot with her own father as well. Before he had passed.

Grunts and snorts were heard from behind. Ferrins fear of wolves grew larger like when you would look at a magnifying glass. But, the upside, he's not dead yet so he kept running."Just a few more miles till we reach the deeper sanctum of the woods. We'll possibly lose it in there. We might need to spilt up, you know where the Kabrin Road is right? !" Ellwyn exclaimed, as her voice cracked due to the fear of being eaten alive.

"Meet you at the Kabrin Road then!" Ferrin said with exasperation. The tone in his voice shifted as he didn't want to be eaten alive as well. Who would? The young Kenashian thought of where to go. They were only a few miles off and Ellwyn decided to take a sharp turn to the left leaving Ferrin running for his life against the wolf. The wolf huffed behind Ferrin as Ferrin attempted his best at running. Of course it had to go for Ferrin. Couldn't it have had go for Ellwyn instead? Or... Never mind it does not matter. It still chose Ferrin and that was the end of the dispute.

"Come on you big bad wolf. Are you going to blow my big petchinig head off!?"Ferrin juked a few trees. And avoided a couple of large boulders. It might have had thrown off the wolf, slightly, but Ferrin kept on running. Even as he had heard a small whimper. Ferrin chuckled maniacally."Ha ha you petching fool. Stay down. You mangy thing!"Ferrin chuckled once more. The wolf that was left in the distance howled with pain and rage. It had the anxiety to kill Ferrin, that it would even run into the boulders that were stuck in place. It lightly amused Ferrin, and the young Kenashian knew that he would be safe, but he kept on running as if it were right behind him.

The crispy like winds nipped at Ferrins curly hair as he had just gotten to a region of familiarization. It was at that point that Ferrin knew where he was headed. The wolf was far back now, and Ferrin turned his head to see if it actually was. The hunter slowed his pace as he wanted to rest. The grey furred wolf howled in rage once again and it seemed like it was about to give up. Fortunately, Ferrin was able to rest for a few chimes.

Be it, a few chimes. He sat upon a fallen log to rest his sore feet and legs. The wolf howl was distant. Maybe it retreated back to the fortitude of its own home? Ferrin had hoped so and he really wanted the beast to be gone. But, if it was truly gone he shouldn't just be sitting around. He promised to meet Ellwyn at the Kabrin Road.

Ellwyn:

Ellwyn managed to reach the Kabrin. Exhausted and wanted to go back home to rest and relax. She knew now that hunting wolves would be dangerous. She was concerned of Ferrin, she looked down and up the dirt pathway that was made by man, to see if she could spot Ferrin. There were a small patrol of Knights walking along the road. Well Knights and Squires. The wolves howls were now distant, even for her sharp ears. And she couldn't be sure if it had had actually reached Ferrin. She hoped with all the best that it hadn't.

One of the Squires had approached the exhausted Ellwyn with ease. In fact, his pace was more of a jog, then a run. Which was the possible explanation to why he had not have had ran out of energy. Ellwyn panted, she clutched her shortbow in one of her hands and she needed to make sure that Ferrin was alright."Is there something wrong?"The squire asked lightly. Ellwyn smiled her hair looked like a mess, all covered in leaves and needles. Her clothes were slightly tattered, most of the reason being was that they were worn for seemingly far to long. Ellwyn didn't care to much. Though, other people might give her some strange looks.

"Ferrin, is Ferrin ok? Have you seen another hunter on this Road? I told him to meet me here we were being chased by a wolf. I managed to get out of the woods, but I haven't seen Ferrin at all."
WC=1085
Total=4216

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 17th, 2016, 11:57 pm

Ellwyn:

"Ma'm everything will be fine. We can help you search for him. Now what does he look like?"Ellwyn finally had had stopped panting. She recovered enough energy to not be fully exhausted. She thought of the appearance."Well, he has black curly hair. Blue colored cloak. He has a longbow. As well as a sword. But we split off a few miles into the woods, I'm not sure if he had the capability to make it out of the wolves' sight."Ellwyn stated worriedly. She hasn't been this scared in ages, but she really hoped that Ferrin was ok. And she didn't want him to be found dead.

"Ok ma'm, we'll help you. Guys. Help me look for this Ferrin fellow. He's lost in the woods, perhaps if we find him we could have the rest of the day off. If our patron knight allowed us to."The squire said optimistically. Ellwyn revealed a smile that had came upon her face. She was pleased to see that she could have people help her out. And hopefully find Ferrin. But what she didn't know was that Ferrin was ok. Still, if he was ok, Ellwyn would make sure that he wouldn't be ok when she sees the young Kenashian man.

"I'm going to punch that man till' he passed out."Ellwyn stated under her breath. "He nearly gave me a heart attack, all of this worry he deserved at least a punch in the face. What does that man think he's up to?"Ellwyn asked herself. Half of the group had had decided to help Ellwyn search for this so called Ferrin. Who seemed to be lost in the woods. The small party searched in pairs as Ferrin was still resting up his legs and sore feet.

Ferrin:

Ferrin sat on the wooden log. That seemed to have had fallen from the previous days storm. Which seemed occasional. He heard voices calling out for his name, was it his imagination? Or was it actually happening? Then, more voices called out from the distance and it was clear, "Ferrin! Ferrin, come on your safe, you better not be dead."It was Ellwyn, but Ferrin promised that he'll reach her at the Kabrin Road. Why was she so impatient? Couldn't Ferrin have the ability to rest for at least a few chimes? But, how many time had passed? That was the question.

He stood up, and slung his longbow across his shoulders that he had picked up from the earthen floor. That was covered up by twigs and other nature like things. Ferrin knew that Ellwyn would not have had appreciated him being alone and having her worry about him. He also didn't need a second mother. In fact, Ellwyn had had sometimes acted like a second mother, even when he didn't need it. The times that she had had acted like a mother was usually with reasoning. And when she was trying to prove an important point or something. As well as, when she wanted Ferrin to do somethings that only his actual mother would have the capability to tell him how to do it.

In a way, he might be lazy. But, usually he would tend to all of his cleaning. Ferrin would definitely get a nice little speech from his good old friend Ellwyn. That would be for certain.He called out "Ellwyn I'm over here!"Ferrin exclaimed. Ellwyn must be thinking, "Of course." "Over here," maybe Ferrin should have had stated more clearly? Or... Never mind. It didn't seem as important. But now that the two are together again. They would be able to make it back home safely. "Ferrin there you are! Why didn't you meet me at the Kabrin Road, like you were supposed to? You know I don't like waiting!"Ellwyn shouted. The squires came into view as well as Ferrin turned to look at Ellwyn who was behind the log.

"I just want to slap you right now Ferrin. You left me scared to death about you. That wolf could have had killed you, you know. That wouldn't have been a pretty sight to see I tell you that. But, I'm glad your alive."Ferrin looked at Ellwyn, and felt flabbergasted in a way. He knew that he was going to get something. But, no speech? And no actual hitting? Whats gotten into her? "Can we go home now? I don't want to wait in these woods any longer for another wolf to come at us, but if they do we luckily have these squires at our sides. They also said that they could help escort us back to the gates as well. So we don't need to worry about anything."Ellwyn jumped over the log and gave Ferrin a bear hug.

"I'm so sorry Ellwyn. I just wanted to take a few chimes of rest. Running from that wolf didn't quite energize me. Well, at least not for very long. I'm exhausted lets go back into town and have lunch or something? Does that sound good Ellwyn? I'll pay."The party headed back to the City of Peace as Ferrin was glad that Ellwyn wasn't mad at him for the rest of his life. "Ferrin, never again. Do we hunt wolves by ourselves. Dangerous creatures, they are. The wolves.""Yes, I totally agree. We shall not hunt those wolves. Maybe we should stick to deer and foxes after all. And besides, hunting in this season is more dangerous than any other. Believe me."Ferrin stated warmly. The cool crisp air felt good against the beads of sweat that battered at Ferrins skin.

The gates were now visible and one of the squires commented"Well, you hold on there you two love birds. Just don't do anything like that again. Well, at least not without one of squires or knights consent to allow you to go out that far deep into the woods. That wasn't very smart of you two to do. Just, this is a warning alright. And if those wolves come back and your in the woods, you best pray to the Gods that you'll make it back safe and hopefully reach us if need to."The squire left the two at the gates with a smirk and a hmph as he went back to continue his patrol along the Kabrin Road. "Well, that was fun..."
WC=1065
Total=5281

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on February 8th, 2016, 7:51 am

A Grade is Coming
Your Wave
A good thread. I would have given more but your NPC seemed to do the bulk of the work. Also, I would keep the talking down to a minimum to believably not scare the prey off. Otherwise, enjoy your grade!

Ferrin
XP
  • Stealth 1
  • Hunting 1
  • Observation 5
  • Tactics 1
  • Weapon: Longbow 2
  • Running 3
  • Endurance 1
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Land Navigation 1
Lores