Closed Cool Winds, Shady Leaves (Jade Laken)

The trio, Ellwyn, Ferrin, and Jade go out on a short hunting trip. A couple tips and pointers are given

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Cool Winds, Shady Leaves (Jade Laken)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 22nd, 2016, 10:15 pm

Winter515 25th of 92

A gentle knock came across the door to the apartment that had been occupied by the Kenashian, Ferrin. And the Endrykas woman, Jade Laken. Ferrin grew content enough to allow Jade to stay. He felt a bit of sorrow for Jade. Leaving home that was within another domain. And Ferrin felt sympathy for the Endrykas woman. And he knew that it was right for him to allow Jade to stay. Perhaps... Ah, the possibilities flown through the hunters mind like a current flowing water through a river. And Ferrin knew that he wasn't thinking as swift as the water that had actually flown through.

Light tapping echoed throughout the apartment that Ferrin and Jade had been staying at. A small conversation, quickly interrupted by a tap tap tap sounding throughout the rooms. Ferrin sat at the table, and was drinking a cup of tea that he had made for himself. There was another one, created for Jade. The seat that Ferrin had chosen to sit at was not as comfortable as a lounging couch, but it did the job better then a hard wooden floor.

The Endrykas woman, Jade. Sat across from him. She to felt a bit concerned. And Ferrin nodded and had slowly got up from his seat after he had placed his cup of tea down on the table."I'll get it Jade, just stay there." Ferrin slipped into his boots and hurried towards the main door. What a surprise. It was Ellwyn. A good friend of his. Ah, the times they had had in the woods.

"Oh, Ferrin. Didn't know you'll be up this early. Nice to see you. "Ellwyns auburn colored hair, shone through the low lighting." Yes, yes. Do you ever send any envelopes or, is it always a personal entrance that you would like to make?" Ferrin smiled."Anyways, welcome, my friend Ellwyn. I have someone here whom you might get along with. Probably not as stub-" Ferrin was interrupted with his statement with a punch in the shoulder."-Don't even say it Ferrin. You can't tease us girls like that, or else we'll form a rebellion. And protest against your acts of nature. Ha ha, just joking. But, we will get back at you Ferrin. Now, who's this?"

Ferrin looked back at Jade whom was sitting at the kitchen table. He smiled weakly as Ellwyn entered through the room. Shivering a bit as she was just getting used to the transition. Luckily, the previous owner had nailed in some hooks onto the wall so the other commoners can have a place to hang their jackets. Three out of four hooks were now occupied. One, with Ferrins cloak, the second with Jade's coay., and the third wnow occupied by Ellwyns coat.

Fortunately, there were enough seats for four people at the table. And Ellwyn had taken one seat next to Jade."Ellwyn, this is Jade Laken. Jade, this is Ellwyn Greytie."Ellwyn smiled and took a hand out."Hello, Jade. I have a question. Do you or do you not, like to hunt?"Ellwyn gave a short smile towards Jade. Hoping for a yes. Ferrin took his seat before handing Ellwyn a cup of tea. The hunter sipped his as he waited for Jade to reply.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on January 23rd, 2016, 1:27 am

Jade walked into the kitchen while putting her hair in a messy bun not feeling like just standing in the bathroom putting her hair up in an elaborate braid. She walked over to the kitchen seeing Ferrin making tea once more. Smiling the blonde woman walked over with a smile stretching out.

“Morning Ferrin,” Jade said with a smile walking over to him and getting the cups down going over to the table.

Jade sat down as soon the man joined her. She was happy that he had taken her into his apartment helping her stay off the streets for the moment. Soon after the two were talking and drinking their tea a knocking sounded at the door.

“Wonder who would be up at this hour,” Jade said looking at the door once more hearing the knocking again.

Jade nodded when Ferrin said he would get the door. She watched and sipped more of her tea as she heard a female voice becoming very curious. Jade watched as the woman walked inside putting her coat beside Ferrin's cloak and Jade's coay. Jade smiles at the older woman and waves to her in greeting, soon enough she had taken a seat beside the girl smiling brightly and in Jade's opinion mischievously. Jade was surprised by the woman's question.

“Actually I haven't hunted before but I would love to give it a chance,”
Jade said with a smile more than happy to join the two.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 23rd, 2016, 5:35 pm

Ferrin continued to sip his cup of tea while the kettle and a few packets were spread about on the table in front of the trio."Oh, goodie! My short bow is right against the wall there. By the door I placed it there as I walked in. Perhaps I forgot to mention that. Oh, I can also give you some pointers and tips while we're out in the woods."The Syliran, smiled as she sipped her tea she took a small look towards Ferrin and smiled at him. Her teath gleamed white as snow.

Ferrin smiled back and hadn't noticed the short bow either. Although, he knew she had one. Be just hadn't seen her brought it in."Ferrin, have you two eaten breakfast yet. We can possibly have something at The Bean, or The White Swan Inn? Or another restaurant perhaps?" Ferrin took a few sips of his cup of tea. Still warm to the touch, but not the best cup of tea he had had. His mother could make better. Maybe it's a bit too sweet."Well, I think The Bean would work just fine. What do you think Jade. Would The Bean work? Just let me get my longbow and sword. And perhaps we could possibly settle on something then?"

Ferrin walked to his room. Where it held a wardrobe, with not a lot of clothing. A bed, and a few other blankets. His longbow was in its case in front of the bed frame. Laying on the hardwood ground. He quickly grasped the latches of the case on popped them open. He then retrieved the longbow, and swiftly gathered up his quiver that was resting on a post that was connected to the wooden frame.

The Kenashian came back and settled his things against his seat."Hey Ferrin. If it's alright with you I would like to go to The Bean. Jade which do you prefer?" Ellwyn shifted her head as she alternated between Ferrin and Jade. Ferrin went back to sipping his tea, nearly taking big gulps whenever he had touched the cup. He smiled once to Ellwyn and another Jade. Showing the two that he doesn't mind the wait.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 23rd, 2016, 7:06 pm

Jade looked to the door seeing the bow that the young woman spoke of. She had worked with bows very little back home seeing as how she was never one to really hunt, but she did not want to impose on Ferrin or Ellwyn. The young woman turned her attention to Ellwyn as she asked about the two having eaten yet. Not much to her surprise Ferrin had also not eaten yet as the two were not long from having gotten up. The Bean? She thought trying to see if she could remember where the building was located. Jade instantly remembered The White Swan in from several days ago when Ferrin and Jade met.

“Oh uh it doesn't matter to me. I don't have a preference,” Jade said looking at the two one across from her and the one beside her now.

Her head swiveled back and forth when the two spoke to each other. Jade watched as the young man walked into his room as she thought and hurried off to get her daggers that she had gotten from the Bizaar the same day as before. Jade walked back into the kitchen area with her shoes on and her daggers on her right hip before sitting at the table once more. She took a sip of the tea once more truly enjoying something so sweet that had helped to keep her awake as she truly wanted to just return to bed once more. Jade watched for a moment as the two ironed out any kinks in the plans for the day. Once an understanding was reached the three stood and grabbed their cloaks and jackets before leaving the apartment.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 24th, 2016, 5:05 pm

The trio gathered their things and hurried out past the door. With Ferrin behind the two locking it with his room key. Short broadsword strapped about his waist and unsheathed in the leather sheath. The Kenashians longbow rested upon one of Ferrins' shoulders, and not acting like much of a bother to the man. His quiver strapped like a pack on both of shoulders, which made the longbow feel a bit tight around his left shoulder. His cloak flapped as he shuffled his feet down the flight of stairs that led out to the streets of the Fortress City of Peace. Matilda sat at her desk and waved goodbye at the trio. Ferrin and Ellwyn had done the same.

Before anyone could say anything, the three ventured out into the streets of the Fortress City of Peace"So, Jade. How long have you been here in Syliras? I haven't seen you here before. You must be new?"Ellwyn spoke, she smiled as she did so. Hoping to bring up some type of conversation. Ferrin didn't want to interject the conversation between the two.

Fortunately, The Bean was in the same District in Syliras as any other Inn or restaurant. To bad, there aren't much restaurants to go about in this city. Ferrin wouldn't mind visiting something different. Although, there is the Rearing Stallion. The White Swann Inn, and The Broken Casket. One that he had heard of from another commoner. Ferrin wanted badly to become a Knight. He was just unsure if he had any time to sign up at the recruitment office. So far he had met a lot of people just within a few days. Are people usually this active during this season of time?

The Kenashian led the two girls as they conversed."Jade, I see you like daggers. How come something so peculiar, and not something like a sword or a bow? I mean the daggers are good weapons and short enough for concealment opportunities, but there blades aren't as long as a sword. What made me wonder was, how did you ever come up with such a decision. It's very interesting. " Ferrin began to wonder that to. Why a dagger?

Only a few chimes have had passed. And Ferrin had found the entrance to the business. Busy, but welcoming as the trio stepped in. They took there seats and set down their weapons and tools. Even though The Bean sold tea, which was the only optional drink that the building had in store. " I can pay for us three. And maybe you two could do something to make up for it." Ferrin said warmly. A waiter came in to greet the table. The man was a simple commoner. And he brought a smile upon his face.

"Good morning sir and mad'ams may I get you anything to drink?"The waiter asked with such politeness it made Ferrin think that this man had been raised with such manners. Ferrin smiled at the waiter before he would speak."Good morning it is my friend. And I would like a Rugberry Tea please."The waiter took out a pad of note paper and a quill. He wrote it down as if he wasn't good with remembering. But, Ferrin hadn't had a doubt he couldn't remember."And you, ma'am?"The waiter asked Ellwyn."I'll have the same. Thanks."Before the waiter spoke to Jade he added the fact that "The two Rugberry Teas would cost Ten Silver Mizas." Ferrin simply nodded at the fact.

The waiter faced Jade as he wrote down Ellwyns response."And for you mad'am?"The commoner asked.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 25th, 2016, 1:19 am

Jade walked inside of The Bean with the two companions she had managed to acquire. She followed the two to the table and sat down with them smiling gently. Grey eyes looked at the young man and woman gently and welcoming any questions they have.

“Why daggers? I suppose it is because that was the first thing my father began to teach me when I was home at Endrykas,” Jade said never really thinking about why she chose daggers over others, “though I have always longed to learn to use a bow for hunting trips such as this. Most all Drykas carry a dagger with them as well as their bows so when they bring down prey instead of wasting another arrow they use the daggers to finish the kill.”

Jade was happy to tell the pair some of her cultures practices. Jade looked to the woman as she asked the three what they would like to drink. Jade looked at the menu of the drinks that they offered.

“The Lillian Root Tea,” Jade said looking at the young woman taking their order.

After the woman walked away Jade turned back to her companions wanting to learn more about Ellwyn.

“Tell me about yourself Ellwyn,” Jade said with a smile as she turned to look at the young woman she had only just met that morning.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 25th, 2016, 11:35 pm

Ellwyn smiled warmly to the Endrykas woman who sat across from her. "I'll gladly tell you a bit about myself. And in return you tell me more of yourself."Ellwyn swiveled her head. The nearly bronze coloured hair swayed with motion and the Syliran smiled to Ferrin whom sat at his seat and waited patiently for his tea to come. The female turned her head back to face Jade."Well, I've been born here in Syliras. I grew up being fond of the Knights, but never wanting to join... I don't know the reason why, it just didn't feel, quite right for me. I guess."The waiter came in and smiled as Ellwyn spoke. He carried a tray of teas for the trio who had been sitting at the table.

"Your teas, my good friends. Glad were getting along eh. Two Rugberries and a Lillian Root Tea for the lady here. I'll just hand them out here and I'll be out of your way unless you want me to come back." The man did as he had said and hurried off with a nod of his head and his hand that grasped the tray that once held the teas. Ferrin quickly took a sip of his Rugberry tea. Delicious, yet tart and sweet at the same time. It was truly an interesting mix. "Ellwyn, you said that your talking about the Knights? Is that why you took up hunting instead? What did your father think of that?"

The commoner sighed with a taste of dismay and Ferrin could tell that she didn't approve of the question of her father. But she spoke on anyways as if it didn't entirely bother her as much. "Well, my father didn't really appreciate the fact that I had taken up hunting. But, he taught me anyways. He knew how to do a lot of stuff, up until he sort of passed away. Then, it was my mother and I for awhile until she got sick. I was in a state of depression for a while. But, then I had some friends of mine take me outside and enjoy the sun and everything else. I figured that things weren't going to be as bad as I had imagined they were. I'm living pretty well by myself and managing to pay taxes and all. I hope you don't mind all of my talking. But, Jade lets here about you more. So your interested about hunting? Maybe I can help you improve? Its not hard once you get concept of it. There are a few things that you would have to remember out in the wild lands though."

Ellwyn took a sip of her tea and made a sour face. But, she smiled like it wasn't bad at all. She continued sipping as she waited for Jade to speak. Ferrin sat in silence and sipped his until he spoke up. "Ellwyn, I haven't known about your parents passing my condolences hope you don't mind."Ferrin gave a warm smile to try and brighten up the hopes that Ellwyn had little of currently. She smiled and shrugged it off."That is alright Ferrin, it had happened a few years a go. Its ok."Ellwyn smiled once again to reassure the Kenashian, but Ferrin could tell that she was still grieving them. There had to be something to steer away this topic. Ferrin hoped that Jade could pick up on some sort of conversation to attempt to make her feel better.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 26th, 2016, 1:22 am

"I am sorry to hear about what happened to your parents even though I did not know them. I know the feeling of a father not being happy with you, that is why I fled Endrykas. I hope to return to visit one day so that I can prove to my father that I am no disgrace to our family name," Jade said gently looking at the woman across from her.

Jade looked over at the woman quietly knowing that a father's disapproval can hurt a woman no matter how strong she may be. A small hand moved the blond hair out of the woman's face so that she could see the pair across from her better. Ferrin had heard much of her past and goals already so she was unsure if he wanted to hear all the information once more.

"I would love to learn how to use a bow once I acquire one," Jade said looking at the woman with a smile.

She was happy to have her mind pulled away from her father of all topics. Smiling gently the woman listened as the two across from her spoke once more.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 26th, 2016, 9:07 pm

"Oh, thank you Jade. I really appreciate that. So... Anyways. I've been hunting ever since I have wanted to hunt. My father didn't mind as much as he would have,so he shoved the thought away and went along with my choice by teaching me how to hunt. I learned a lot from him. And I could really show you some ways to catch some game. And I could possibly share my shortbow with you until you get one yourself? How does that sound?" "Ok, we're settled then perhaps we can go out someday to get you your own bow! Oh, so exciting."Ellwyn sipped her Rugberry Tea after she had took a few moments to breath.

Ferrins took a breath and gently layed down his cup of tea. And made sure that it wouldn't have any ability to spill. " Hade, perhaps we could get you your own bow? Maybe we should have had done it the other day? But, we can certainly do it today? If you want. The forest isn't going anywhere. "Ferrin chuckled at the saying. Ellwyn continued drinking her tea and waited for Jade to reply as Ferrin went back to sipping the liquid once more." Is that alright with you Jade?"Ellwyn asked as she set down her own cup of tea.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 27th, 2016, 4:15 am

Jade smiles hearing the two so happily offer to help her learn what her father was not willing to teach her. The young girl put her head down in an attempt to calm herself down. Shaking her head the girl raised up when she was sure that no tears would spill over.

“Thank you both. It's been a very long time since I met someone so kind,” Jade said with a smile gently to the pair.

She could not believe that in the short time Jade had been in the city; she had acquired friends that were kinder to her than her father had been all her life. The blond hair fell into the young woman's eyes causing her to pout some at the nuisance. The proposition to go back to the Bazaar now when Ellwyn had been so excited to hit the woods was a surprise to the girl, but she did not allow the surprise to show on her face.

“I couldn't impose on you guys. I know how excited Ellwyn is to get in the woods. I will get a bow when we return for now I can be an extra set of hands to bring back any kills,” Jade said not wanting to be a burden on the two before her.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next