Closed [Antinous Training Grounds] Chain of Command.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Training Grounds] Chain of Command.

Postby Archailist on February 23rd, 2016, 1:01 am

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Here it came; the moment he even entertained the thought, it became true. The kick was fast, though. He had a little distance, true, thanks to the range of his Py-Pole; by accurately predicting the kick, he even had a few added ticks of reaction time to step back out of the way. It wasn't enough though. The armoured toe slammed into his chest, creating a shallow wedge in his chest. Only shallow, though.

He'd let the kick land, but it didn't mean he was going to sit back and let the full force smash his tiny little body into a clay pancake. Both feet pushed off the ground to follow the track of Irathia's foot, while the heavy tail underneath his body swung out to the left, shifting his trajectory so that it rolled off the right side of the foot, in the same direction as the wind, which added precious millimetres to his distance. A glancing blow. It was a difficult split-second mid-air maneuver that took a lot of thougth to pull off, especially at such short notice with no warning. After he'd cleared the foot and Irathia had pulled back, the tip of his tail pressed down against the ground, flattening like a small support pillar that he could lean back against and tip backwards onto his hands from.. and from there, flip back to his feet again. His chest was pretty deformed but that could be left alone.. as long as it didn't interfere with his limb functions, he could keep fighting.

Then a hammer slammed into his body. He'd not paid attention and this was the price he was going to pay.

The Pycon's head rolled backwards to shield it with the rest of his body but there was nothing else he could to do deflect the blow this time. Shielding his nexus with the rest of his body was pretty much the last option available and he took it happily, feeling his arms and legs bend unnaturally as their joints were snapped and twisted on the spot like tangled pieces of string. For a human, feeling their entire torso contort, bulge and flatten all at once must have been a very traumatizing experience - for Arch, it just meant that he was going to live to see another day as the sand of the arena floor cushioned his impact just before darkness settled underneath the smothering weight of the hammer.

Weight was still pressing down on his nexus. He'd used the rest of his body to shield his head from the hammer's impact but now it was his body that was being pushed down on his nexus, squeezing it, making the Pycon feel ironically light-headed and dizzy. Shyke.. He didn't have enough strength to lift the metal slab again. He tried to push his head deeper into the sand, distribute weight elsewhere, spread himself out, push at a corner, but it wasn't working. Shyke!

"Archailist?" The knight watching over the two squires picked the hammer up by the handle and lifted it up into the air.. and he recoiled so fast that he nearly dropped the offending weapon again.

Whatever was attached to the hammer wasn't a squirrel. It didn't even look alive anymore. It just looked like a giant wet, sticky mass of clay, bulging out where the nexus was, otherwise flattened like a puddle. Other pieces hung limp around the bottom of the handle; one flexed, quivered and whatever thin strands were still connecting it to the other lumps snapped suddenly, causing it to flop onto the ground limply with a dull squish. "Sweet Sylir.." This was probably the knight's first time seeing a Pycon deform in such a way. To be honest, it'd been a very long time since Arch had felt this way, too. It wasn't enjoyable. Actually, it was extremely painful. If he still had a mouth to use, he'd probably be screaming right now.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Irathia on February 23rd, 2016, 4:39 am

Irathia dropped her hammer by her feet... She was in the moment, she didn't noticed that the clay creature was stuck and smashed under the hammer. She stared at her hands... They were shaking a tiny bit... She walked up to the smashed creature, it was... Revolting. She fell to her knees, she didn't want this... She just wanted to get it to stop poking... Or was it? When she first threw the hammer she wanted to, she felt like it was right...

"Oh my gods... I am so sorry." Irathia said to her self... She could feel the eyes of knights boring into her, daggers. "I didn't mean this." She said, looking at the thing again... What even was that... That rage that filled her, the tunnel vision... "I didn't mean for you to get smashed." Irathia said, she was really worried for the small thing, she felt like some sort of monster for smashing the Pycon.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archailist on February 23rd, 2016, 7:26 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Once the world had stopped spinning and he was at least mostly sure that he wasn't going to die, what remained of the Pycon pulled together and pushed back against the metal face of the hammer, dislodging his own remains and toppling back against the floor. Without any limbs, there wasn't even anything he could really do to try and alleviate the trauma of slamming face-first into the ground from a height comfortably within the realms of 'stupid'. At this point, though, it was growing increasingly difficult to care. Pain lanced through his whole body whenever he tried to exert his nexus too much, pushing too much clay one way.. and meanwhile, for now at least, it seemed as though Irathia and the knight were both content to stand (or in the other squire's case, kneel) there and stare rather than offer their help.

He reached deep into his clay and split it, creating a horizontal seam to use as a mouth. "I.. may need to be carried back to my room," he muttered in a hoarse whisper. At long last, Ser Stanlinsa seemed to have regained himself and quickly leaned down to scoop up the remains of Pycon, including as many of the other droplets of discarded clay as he could fit into his palm. Some had already turned grey and hardened; it was probably too late to salvage, although Arch would still try.

"I'll need to take Archailist back to his dorm and alert his patron of his.. ahem.. condition," the Sergeant told Irathia. "When I get back, we'll have to have a talk, I think." The sergeant knight's voice was neutral but it was quite obvious he intended to take matters very seriously.

Which was why, as soon as Irathia was out of earshot, he spoke up again. "It's my fault. You don't have to be so hard on her," he choked out. True, he was incredibly angry with Irathia. Her carelessness could have killed. It nearly did kill - a few ticks longer and his nexus could have been crushed under the weight of the hammer. But then again.. it was his fault for letting himself be hit. Or, more accurately, if it was truly anyone's fault here, it was Ser Stanlinsa's fault for letting things escalate to such a level that it could endanger the lives of the squires under his care. Although, realistically, Arch could settle for a simple accident.

"I understand, but you need to stop talking now." As much as he hated himself for not being able to put up a better case, even as he struggled to speak, clay pieces were spluttering from his open mouth, dribbling down his amorphous body. There was no telling whether his confession would actually improve Ser Stanlinsa's leniency, though truthfully the squire could only hope as he was carried back to his dorm to recover.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Izuyanai on April 21st, 2016, 5:15 am

Secret :

Grades

Name: Archailist

XP:
Py-Pole +3
Tactics +3
Persuasion +1

Lores:
Ser Corbus Stanlinsa: Loudmouth Sergeant
Irathia: Human? Sparring Partner
Disadvantages of Fighting Against Hammers
Being Smashed

Rewards:
+3 Shield Points for training

Penalty:
-2 Shield Points for being rude to a superior
5 days until full reformation (if clay is consumed)

Notes: Get well soon! I could really appreciate how detailed your combat was and how the writing guided the reader through each of the movements. Good job.

Name: Irathia

XP:
Observation +2
Intimidation +1
Weapon: Light Hammer +2
Dual Wield +2

Lores:
Identifying a Pycon
Controlled Breathing Calms the Mind
Improvised Hammer Throwing
Smashing a Pycon
Syliras: Antinous Training Grounds

Rewards:
+3 Shield Points for training

Penalty:
-2 Shield Points for the smashed pycon (It left a bad impression)
Abdominal Bruising 3days
Incision in the foot 3days

Notes: Nicely handled without any complicated god modding. If I can make a suggestion, could you please state why your seasonal expenses are 0. I understand the Knights pay for it, but as an outsider, I had to do some digging.
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous