PM to join [Antinous Fighters Pit]A Sword, and a Bow, Now what?

(Garland)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Fighters Pit]A Sword, and a Bow, Now what?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 24th, 2016, 2:18 am

"Speech" -- 88-WINTER-515AV -- Thoughts

Days passed by quicker than a jack rabbit could learn how to fly. Though, jack rabbits are incapable to fly in general. But, there could always be a new species of such animals. Ferrin awoke suddenly at start. And he knew that time was wasting, just like when one would go through a seasons worth of food. The Kenashian, fumbled out of his bed, though carefully as he avoided Jade's still closed eyes, and restful body.

She had a beat, and her upper stomach region had moved up and down. Ferrin almost felt as if he were some kid, with a sleep over. Though, the sleep over was intended for a long stay. And not overnight. And, differentiate the status, it wasn't Ferrin's parents who allowed the stay over. It was him and he was certain that he had gotten the hospitality from his parents. When his mother, Sara had allowed to let an Akalak stay within their apartment after a few sought arguments between a few of the Dynasty brats. The Dynasty families, were those of the type of people that he did not fancy the company with. No. Who would. All sassy and non liking.

Ferrin pushed the abstract thought aside. And shuddered. If it weren't for his family, he would've been real upset with these Dynasty families. Though, not all of which animated from aggressive assets. There were some that he had fancied being around with. Though, it was hard to strike a moderately decent conversation with them. Since most of them conversed of their families success and wealth and all the other beneficial essentials that they had gained from being in a family such as that. Though, it didn't matter to Ferrin now. He was longing to become a Knight let alone a Squire. He wanted to protect Mizahar from the greater evil. And from the darkest enemies. To serve honorably. And gain a sense of pride and self restrain. To serve.

He needed an influence to help guide to learn the ways of The Order. And how to go about with the protocols and lists of "How To's." Ferrin was certain that he would have to follow a lot of different guides to not upset each and every other Knight in a certain way. He was glad... For now that he wasn't a Squire as of yet. And he has time to himself. Well, most of it anyways.

It was daylight. And the man cordially whistled a tune that his mother used to sing. He flipped his hair as it was caught in his eyes. Ferrin took another turn. Synas light shown proudly and enlightened the darkened portions within the walls of Syliras. And shadows were brightly lit. Another turn. Now, the man could hear clashing and banging. Chatting and conversing. Bets, duels. All of it. Another turn. He reached his destination. And found someone of familiar. Garland. He was holding his helmet. Standing aloof from the other Knights and Squires. Ferrin waved.

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on February 25th, 2016, 11:10 am

Garland has had terrible sleep for the pass few days. Mostly because he was busy worrying about his two babies that had been placed in the orphanage under the request of his patron.

Those two weren't up for adoption, though they would get equal treatment there, and equal doesn't always mean fair. Though they should be safe there, and it would be good for them to be with other children.

Still, knowing that, it did little to calm Garland's nerves. Today though he needed to focus and train.

Even with Alex's pointers and training, he was still almost useless with a bow. Sure he could hit a target, sometimes, but against anything moving, he was better off chasing it down and tackling it.

Garland walked out the dorms, fully geared in his usual plate-mail. Though he needed to go to the armory to borrow a shortbow if he wanted to practice his archery today.

Luckily for him the armory was close by, and he didn't need to go far. He had planned to practice at the archery range in the Training Grounds, but it seemed a lot of other squires had the same idea.

The entire range was full, and it looked like there were a few others waiting for their turn as well. Garland wasn't one for waiting around. Hopefully the range in the pits would be less crowded.

Garland walked out the Training Grounds, a bit disappointed, but not disheartened. Though he was quite annoyed by the fact that he had to walk to the pits instead of using the much closer and better equipped Training Grounds.

After a little while of walking, he eventually reached the Fighter's Pit, and by the sound of it, it was busy, hopefully the archery range wasn't as busy as the one in the Training Grounds.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 26th, 2016, 3:06 am

"Speech" -- 88-WINTER-515AV -- Thoughts

The hunter hadn't realized. Perhaps it was just a mistake that the Kenashian had made. He looked a lot like Garland. The Squire/Knight who stood aloof from the other men and women who gathered around the arena. Ferrin sighed. As he pondered to know what had happened to him. Or maybe it was just the fact that he hadn't seen him around much. He would like to know how he would be doing at least. To feel some sort of comfort of the guy. From the last few encounters, Garland was a guy to make first hand chosen risks. And usually, he executed the choice well and gain benefit from it. But, what had happened to him now? Was he usually out on patrols?

Well, maybe the hunter could eventually see the Squire soon or later. Though, if he remembered correctly, he had a fancy for training. And wouldn't the Training Grounds hold more occupants than the Fighter's Pit?

The Kenashian sighed. And he took his steps leading towards the armor rack that had a lot of either; hand me down armor, or really used and beat up armor. It was certain that Ferrin wouldn't be able to use the same set of leather armor as previous times. But, its good to have a variety.

Fortunately, there was a set of a few pairs of leather armor that was fit for the man's size. And he quickly hurried to it as he spotted the set. With a sigh of relief he quickly unbuttoned his cloak, and folded up, it turned out to be messy, but it was only temporarily, and he placed it under another piece of armor that laid up on the rack.

A few chimes later, of cool crisped winds and playful gusts. The Kenashian managed to swathe himself with the leathery attire. And he quickly put on his hunting cloak colored royal blue. He hadn't known why he had chosen that color. But, it suited him and he enjoyed wearing it day and night, if he could chose to. Ferrin then walked to the weapon rack. And he found a Short Broadsword, with the hilt and pommel still in tact. With a few rust spots here and there on the blade. And blunt enough to not do any sincere damage to ones body.

The sheath was still fitted for its blade. And Ferrin found it under a pile of daggers and longswords. One day, he'll muster the capability to wield a longsword, but he just doesn't fancy the weight of the blade. And the height. He liked short and quick swings. A few quick swings and swipes at the opponent could leave the adversary dazed or harmed. Well, at least for Ferrin in a few cases, but anyways. He wanted to know what was the commotion was about. So he quickly belted the sheath, and unsheathed his sword. Ready, to find out what was happening.
Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on March 18th, 2016, 2:31 am

Garland heard the commotion from inside the the pit itself. Garland was curious because it seemed that what was happening had a pretty big crowd, all of them muttering at what was happening.

"Hey, what's happening?" Garland asked s\one of the observers.

"Some new guy came in here and challenged a whole lot of the fighters here, got their arses handed to them. He says he's some sort of adventurer or something. " The observer replied, with a small surprised look at the fight that was happening now.

It looked like the fight was almost over, a few knocked out bodies were sprawled out on the floor, and one man wearing a dark brown hood and matching robes. He had one of the swords from the pits as his weapon as well as a bow with blunted arrows.

He had a cocky grin, but no one could see it. Garland's fist trembled, this seemed like a worthy opponent to say the least, he just hoped that he wasn't too strong that their skill levels were too far apart.

Garland always thought he was a good fighter, or at the very least a quick learner, but this seemed like it would be a tough fight. Garland could see a few faces down in the pits, Garland recognized some of them, they were the veterans in the pits, some even were on par with younger knights. Garland had fought some of them and promptly lost, though he was much more inexperienced then.

"Come on! Is this the best Syliras has to offer?" The man in the gloated over the fallen fighters while a few of the spectators helped with bringing them out of the pits.

"You haven't even seen the best, ya petch!" Garland called out with a smile. He was excited, even if he was about to get his rear ended kicked around like a sack of potatoes.

Garland hopped down into the pit, eager to get this fight started.

The man just frowned and yawned. "Anybody else? One boy doesn't seem like much of a challenge."

"I'm more than enough for you, loudmouth." Though Garland knew that he had to fight as hard as he could to even hold a candle to this man. He had an aura about him that said that his boasting wasn't just boasting and he could back it up. He might need some help.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 18th, 2016, 2:59 am

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

The spars witnessed had been held with such intensity it made Ferrin want to cringe and possibly weep over this unknown man's victorious achievements.

It was only a matter of ticks before the man who had fended off of all those men who had been knocked out or sprawled on the ground nearing unconsciousness. Seriously, where were the healers?

Through the noises of the crowd, Ferrin managed to pick out one voice in particular. Did it not only stand out to be one he had known, but a voice in which that had sounded quite distinctive.... Garland. It was him this time at count.

Garland? The man Ferrin met in the woods perhaps many days prior of today. Wasn't he a squire? Yes he was. Definitely. Garland obviously volunteered. Ferrin thought, "this guy is always getting into some sort of trouble with out being backed up isn't he?" Ferrin sighed and rested his right hand on the pommel of his short broadsword, well not really his, though it was the Pits.

His arm rested over his waist and on the pommel and the man gently grasped around the pommel, but did not unsheathed the blade as of yet."Garland?" Asked Ferrin awkwardly. But, his low toned volume didn't quite travel through the midst of the crowd that was still growing in size. "Garland what the petch do you think your doing!"Ferrin exclaimed as he rushed after him through a bunch of muttering people. Half of his decision there was a mistake.

There was cheering now. And Ferrin half jumped, and was half shooved down into the Pits by the commoners. "Garland, you can't face him alone.," Ferrin said as he lightly slapped Garland on the shoulder."Your almost like a raging beast. But, one who needs its pack to follow behind. I can help with that."Said Ferrin enthusiastically.

"Ha, you two and whom else?"Scoffed the unknown adversary. A few more commoners jumped down and they seemed to have formed a shape of a "U." "Now... This seems about more like it."Said the opponent."Well, got a plan knucklehead."Ferrin said pridefully, but childishly. The count seemed to be of a four to one ratio, but the odds can always favor one over the other. Right?

Credits go to Aislyn

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on March 18th, 2016, 3:35 am

Garland smiled at Ferrin, he didn't expect anyone to join in, but he was certainly glad someone else joined in. With Ferrin in the fight, it seemed more people had the courage to join in as well.

"Well my friend. Since plans are best left to the leaders and we don't have one with sufficient talent, then it seemed like the role falls onto me." He looked over to the stranger, he seemed eager. He only had a longsword and his shortbow, he also didn't have any armor and seemed to only be wearing some robes.

He looked over to his little mishmash of a team, one was a big lumbering man with a large axe and beard, and the other one had a bow of all things, and a short dagger. "There are three kinds of fighters; the fast, the strong, and the durable. This one seems like he favors quick thrusts and fast attacks, keep moving and keep your guard up as you move."

The man waited impatiently though he didn't voice it out, he knew that if they even had a win, they needed a plan.

They were doomed basically.

Here's hoping Garland's plan works. "He will most likely use his bow when the fight starts, you-" Garland pointed to the one with the bow. "- try to shoot him while he move in, though when we get in range, stop and find a better place to shoot from."

Garland looked back on the man, using his eyes to see anything that may help, but his hood and robes made it difficult to see any weakness. Though judging from his voice he was still a young man, around early to late twenties.

"Ferrin, you're light on your feet, right? Me and the big guy will rush in and distract him, while you try and attack him from the sides. Remember though, all the weapons here, except the arrows are real weapons, they may be blunted, but they can still kill if your not careful."

Garland signaled the match to begin, and everyone got into position. Ser Antinous himself looked over the grounds. He signaled the fight to begin with his booming voice.

As soon as the match started, the adventurer deftly unslung his bow and nocked two arrows, he released the arrows and both of them were sent Garland's way. Garland blocked the one aimed for his head with his shield, but the other one hit him square in the chest, making him grunt at the force.

The arrows in the pits were blunt arrows, they would have no way to pierce the skin, but it still hurt, even with the armor Garland was wearing.

"If those were real arrows, you'd be dead!" He taunted at Garland.

The squire snarled behind his shield, but that didn't matter. Their archer had started firing arrows at the adventurer's direction.

The stranger moved and dodged out of the way of the arrows, Garland was right, he was fast, he moved dodged the arrows easily enough, though he was too busy to fire back.

Garland rushed forward with the large man and aimed to close the gap of land as quick as possible.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 18th, 2016, 1:03 pm

With the plan underway, Garland and the lumbering man rushed in after the fightining, scary good man with the robes. His short bow was still clung at his left hand, he dodged the arrows that was fired from the archer on Garlands and Ferrins side, but it had no effect to the stranger.

"Ha! That's the best you got!"Taunted the archer as he looked quickly over to the archer whom was shooting at him. It seemed that the man knew already what Garland was planning. The tall and burly man swung his great axe, but the man in the robes simply moved aside and the axe had only hit air.

Ferrin was only a couple of steps behind Garland. The Kenashian tried his best to gain his perfect position, but the leather armour didn't restrict his movement to much. Ferrin managed to be on the right side of Garland. His sword drawn. "Yeah, I can move fast, but not as fast as this guy."Said Ferrin as he readied his sword for strikes.

The archer behind the three kept shooting at the stranger and the tall lumbering man was swinging his great axe so wildly that it looked as if he were going to fall over, drunk. Before Ferrin or Garland could say anything. The large axe wielding man promptly fell over. It was peculiar, while the robed man was wielding his bow, he must've swapped it with his dagger.

The robed man scoffed. "C'mon now. Any more takers?" Ferrin smirked as he rushed in beside Garland. The archer behind the two moved positions to get his perfect shots at the robed man. But, did his best to avoid his fellow teammates beside the strange man. "How about a side of blade and a course meal of pain?"Taunted Ferrin. The man before him just smirked and thrusted his dagger directly towards Ferrins' waist, where his leather armor protected him.

Ferrin dodged and thrusts his sword towards the man's side. He dodged as well, and dodged whatever attacks Garland made. He deflected some arrows and slit some of them apart as if he were some magician with chaotic skills at a glance. "C'mon now."Said Ferrin to the crowd. But, he hadn't bother look as he was to busy dodging thrusts and strikes from the man before him.

The man with the bow behind the two eventually ran out and tagged one other person to gather some more arrows and perhaps a sword. Now, the robed man's attacks had been focusing on Garland and Ferrin. He switched his opponent from facing Ferrin, to go against Garland."Now, 'leader' let's see what you can do."

Credits go to Aislyn

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on March 24th, 2016, 4:22 am

Garland hadn't bothered looking at his fallen comrade, he needed to focus on the fight, Ferrin rushed in with his blade and the robed man simply dodged the blows.

Garland rushed in with a high swing, a swing easily dodged, and that is what Garland was hoping for. Another teaching Sera Catherine had given him is that 'Hubris is your opponent's largest weakness, and that goes double for you, just because a battle is going your way doesn't mean you should get careless'.

The man dodged, not an athletic dodge, but more a flashy one, something akin to an acrobat preforming. This was perfect! Garland rushed in with a front kick aiming at the man's torso.

The man only saw the boot at the last second and dodged, this time not as flashy, but still as ineffective as before. Garland then bashed his shield on the man's face, knocking him down.

He didn't have a plan of attack during that, but he simply let his instincts take over. The man agilely pushed himself up, and looked at Garland. "You just got lucky."

"No, you're just cocky." He then looked at Ferrin. "Stay on the defensive, wait for an opening!"

The robbed man rushed in with his sword and dagger. Where did he pulled out a dagger? In his sleeve? There was no time to think about that, he could have other weapons hidden in his robes.

The man was fast, very fast. Garland could hardly keep up. He held his guard up for a few ticks or so, but the man quickly broke through, hitting him right in the back of his knee and making him fall down onto his knee.

A boot came rushing forward to his face. Garland had no time to react and was kicked hard. He feel back down to the ground with a thud.

The man smiled and turned his attention to Ferrin. Garland rubbed his chin with an annoyed glare. Garland got back up and grabbed the man, pinning his arms against his body.

All Ferrin had to was to place his sword on his neck and this fight would have been won!

Though the man had other plans, he slammed his head back, hitting Garland in the face, making the squire loosen his grip on him. He them grabbed Garland by the arm and placed his foot next to the squire's.

Garland was not large by any means, but he was heavy, his muscles where very developed and his armor added to his already large weight. Yet the man threw Garland over his shoulder easily, sending the squire towards Ferrin!
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 24th, 2016, 10:22 pm

Everything had almost happened instantaneously and Ferrin had little to no time to react. With the robed man's movements. Garland had been getting beaten up and within tick the peculair man had the squire in a rough position. It was only a matter of time before Ferrin bad a split tick to react. Fortunately, Ferrin dodged whilst the strange man had hurled Garland after him.

His body slid across the dirt floor and picked up dirt while he was at it. And Ferrin coughed up some of the dirt as well, and swiftly stood back up and only had been given the slim chance to wipe his face with his sleeve. "You petching Shyke head you."With his words at a run, the man himself began a pace towards Ferrin and swiftly swiped his dagger at Ferrins side. He managed the dodge, but stumbled aback to regain balance while he clung to his short broadsword.

The Kenashian awaited his chance to strike, but the robed man had only swiped again, this time aiming low for Ferrins legs. Ferrin parried, and the metal vibrated through his hands.

"Your just a lucky piece of Shyke."Cursed the man before Ferrin as he swiped his dagger at Ferrin. It was a consecutive swing and had almost caught Ferrin off guard. But he managed a dodge and the blade swiped the air where Ferrins throat had once been. Ferrin had taken his advantage and swung at the man before him with a eager strike.

The robed figure had dodged the attack simply and Ferrin had a glance of Garland sprawled onto the ground and attempted to get up. But, Ferrin could see how the attempt would go for the robed figure had used his dagger to aim for Ferrins throat once again. Ferrin managed another parry. And soon, this mysterious male would possibly out last Ferrin, if Ferrin can manage all of these attacks. Ferrin swiftly withdrew the contact of the two blades as the man stayed still; Ferrin swung his blade towards the chest of the man before him. Simple, another dodge. Of course.

A few rasped breaths from the robed man had caught Ferrins attention. He was tiring out as well. Perhaps Ferrin could last longer than the man before him. But, still he had done more fighting than the Kenashian had ever had with this spar. Swipe... The impact of the dagger on Ferrins skin made the man want to cringe, but fortunately it was nothing serious. And totally not life threatening. Little bits of red liquid dripped from the cut as Ferrin managed to dodge another attack. Ferrin came back with a thrust towards the mans throat, and if he would succeed the spar would be considered over. Dodge. But, the two were both filled with exhaustion. The robed figure seemed to have been waiting for something though. And Ferrin was given the opportunity to check at his arm. Blood trickled down his arm. And all Ferrin could manage was a smile. What was he waiting for...
OOCHey Garland... I'm not sure if you wanted to finish this thread... Or if we should continue it, but I left it at a cliff hanger so Garland could perhaps get up and re continue his fighting... Perhaps have Garland take the win? :)

Credits go to Aislyn

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on March 25th, 2016, 10:50 am

Garland groaned and ached all over. The armor did little to help with the impact from the ground, in fact, it might have even made the fall worse.

Garland had trouble getting up, he had lost his sword and shield when he got thrown and the only weapons he had now were his fists.

Oh good, now I have an excuse to use these.

He felt his back just ache from being thrown and felt the wind get knocked out of him. He couldn't get up without a small breather first. He looked at Ferrin still fighting the robed man, and both of them were on the ropes.

Despite everything, the man had endurance, who knows how many people he fought before Garland and his team took him on. Garland pushed himself up finally, but he was just as winded as Ferrin and the robed man.

Garland dug deep down inside of himself to find just a little more strength. The squire rushed forward. He was too tired to fight back effectively, though he did keep the man on his toes.

Their archer had run out of arrows a little while ago, nobody wanted to get him any arrows, didn't seem right to help one side or the other. The archer had run around the pit, gathering up any arrows he could find.

Feeling sufficiently resupplied he returned to the fray, he nocked an arrow on his bow and aimed for the robed man. Garland, Ferrin and the man were locked in close combat, making it hard for the archer to find an opening to fire.

They weren't getting anywhere at this rate. Garland was completely out of it now, and Ferrin looked pretty tired too. The man was looking rather tired as well, but he looked like he had some fight left in him. Meaning he needed to finish this now.

Garland rushed forward one last time, the man reacted by thrusting his weapon forward, hoping it met with Garland's armor. Garland grabbed the blade with his gauntlet and pulled the man close, pinning his arms under Garland's arm pits.

Garland turned and faced the archer. "Fire!"

The archer released his arrow and struck the man from behind. Making him grunt in pain, he was out of breath, and Garland knocked him on the ground and pinned him. "It's over!"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next