Departure

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Departure

Postby Sayana on March 2nd, 2016, 1:08 am

Spring 4, 516 AV

It was all too simple, really, but she had stalled due to a certain snake and the fact that the ship wasn’t to set sail till the 5th. She had made arrangements with the stables, written up a letter, bought several last minute items she might need, and prepared for the long voyage ahead. Her last decent meal in Alvadas she home cooked. Or at least as best she could using the facilities provided at the Wolf’s Cave. The meal of fried ham and potatoes might have seemed bland to an Alvad but it was nourishing. Plus some tea to top it off. Tea mixed with a bit of Tolm for herself, to sooth any remaining aches and injuries, and mixed with Connal for Nephti. Connal to give the young Eypharian a good night’s sleep before the journey. A very good night’s sleep.

---

Spring 5, 516 AV

Sayana awoke early on the morning of the 5th. Syna still hadn’t shown herself by the time the Eypharian had left the Cave. A few kelvic and zith prowled the darkened streets around the inn, but Sayana paid little mind as she made her way towards the Unstable Stables. Horse droppings and hay were enough to lead her through the shifting streets, not to mention the smell that grew steadily stronger with every step. Even Ionu would have had a hard time masking the fragrant scent of the stables.

“Is she ready?”

“Saddled and everything.”

Sayana smiled as she took the reins of the white horse. There was something strikingly beautiful about the Windrunner and Sayana doubted she would manage to find as good a bargain anywhere else. The dancer stroked the long white mane and gave an encouraging pat to the horse. Catching the mare’s neck gently, she looked into the horse’s eyes as she summoned a silky blanket of djed. Trust, comfort, safety. She intensely focused on each emotion in turn, and gazed deeply into the horse’s eyes. Channeling the feelings, she gently caressed the mare’s soul with smooth djed, and wrapped it in layers of warmth.

It was strange using hypnotism on an animal but the owner of the stables had warned her about needing to gain a horse’s trust, especially if she smelled the way she did with the lingering effects of the zith illusion. Sayana then proceed to pack the saddlebags with anything that didn’t comfortably fit in her rucksack. She had recently purchased a simple book, a journal written by some Alvad, so that she might attempt to better her reading and writing skills on the voyage ahead. There was also a helmet and a simple shield.

When she finally reached the docks, the ship was already waiting with full sails out. She slowed for a moment, simply admiring its grandeur framed with the rising sun. Having lived in the city of Illusions for more than two seasons she had almost forgotten how impressive reality could be. As Sayana approached the ship, one of the sailors leapt out onto the wooden docks.

“I have been told to expect two passengers with multiple arms?” The sailor prompted in greeting to the Eypharian. Sayana smiled and took a glance around the harbor. The tide was high and would soon be turning to recede for the morning. “Yes, I am one of those passengers. And this is the other.” She gestured to her white horse and produced the thirty gold mizas for the fare. For a moment she felt her heart tighten as she boarded the ship. No, it was the right thing to do. Besides, she had left a letter in explanation.

Dear Nephti,

The time has come for our paths to part. Despite our short time, you have been like a daughter to me, a niece. May you grow to bloom in full Eypharian glory. I have left a small token for you, but more importantly your freedom. May you bless this city with all that is beautiful and golden.

Sayana

Surprisingly, the letter was free of spelling errors. Of course the writing itself was a bit messy with ink blots, but much care had been put into it. The letter would be found left on a table in their room at the Wolf’s Cave along with five gold rimmed mizas and a necklace with a quartz in the shape of a shooting star. Nephti’s few possessions would be untouched and assumed to remain with her.

As Sayana watched the city of illusions grow smaller into the distance, she couldn’t help but wonder how the young Eypharian would fare. Would she stay and make a name for herself? Would she desperately seek after Sayana? Would she travel to a new land and bring hope to those who lived there? But her path was not the one Sayana was meant for. No, Sayana would not let a lingering potential for betrayal linger over her. Sayana’s path was darker, not one with light and hope. She would pit herself against a new challenge. One where the rush of victory would feel ever so sweet. Her eyes turned to the east where Syna glimmered upon the waters in all her radiance. Her destination was Syliras and the Knighthood that awaited her.

Receipt :
Windrunner (from the Unstable Stables) - 75 gm
Blanket & Hood, large - 8gm
Saddle, riding – 10 gm
Bit & Bridle – 2 gm
Saddlebags, large - 8 gm
Halter & Lead – 1 sm
Total: 103.1 gm

Travel by boat from Alvadas to Syliras (1 person, 1 horse) - 30 gm

Helmet, Nasal - 25 gm
Buckler - 15 gm

Common Book - 10 gm
The Life and Adventures of Lickity Split. The book is a journal of the life of an Alvad. It occasionally mentions his reverence to the deity Ionu but otherwise it contains no lores or lessons to improve skills. It is written with decent spelling but poor grammar.

Gifts left to Nephti:
5 gm
1 clear quartz necklace in the shape of a shooting star
1 letter explaining her departure

Grand Total: 188.1 gm

Notes :
Nephti, it was a pleasure roleplaying with you. But as a slave (though freed now), you don't get to make the choices so I wanted to give you the chance to feel a bit of that unfairness. Also, you foretold a bit of betrayal. And Sayana was just as susceptible to it as Nephti's original owners.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Departure

Postby Kaleidoscope on April 4th, 2016, 11:51 am

Sayana
Skills
  • Cooking: +1
  • Herbalism: +1
  • Hypnotism: +1
Lores
  • Companions might equal betrayal
Comments
If there are any lores or skills I might have missed, please send me a PM and I'll look into it for you. Other than that, a short n' sweet thread setting things up. I see you have already removed the mizas from your ledger, so good job there! :)

Enjoy your grade, and please don't forget to delete/edit out your grade request. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office