A Fear of Sparing with a Zith (Treach)

Ferrin and Treach meet at the Grounds and their patrons agree on a spar.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 21st, 2016, 10:49 pm

||"Common"||"Pavi"||"Tukant"||"Other's Speaking"||

Timestamp: 16, Spring, 516AV

Swathed with metallic armor plating. The Kenashian bore a Heavy Shield and a Short Broadsword at the ready. Helm, which protected the top and sides of his head and only had exposed his face."Thrust, block, thrust, swing."Ordered Ser Xervos as he paced back and forth and felt a slight bit of entertainment while he spectated his Squires movements. Ferrin did as he was told, Thrust, blocked, another thrust, and a swing.The same order called from his patron before him who examined Ferrin closely, but kept at bay away from the blade.

"Good. Decent tension. I can still see a lot more room for improvement."Smirked the Knight as he had taken a few steps aback and sighed hollowly. Ferrin continued the process ordered prior by Ser Xervos. "Ser, whats wrong?"Ferrin asked as he continued the thrusts and blocks along with a swing. As Ferrin swung his blade, the dummies' head tipped off and rolled onto the earthen ground below ones feet. "No. Nothings wrong. I assume your wanting a spar? Perhaps we can try someone new today? Eh?" Asked the patron as he turned his built abode about and scanned the Grounds.

The Knight almost relinquished a sound that was strikingly similar to a purring noise, but merely it sounded like a low humming sound. [color=#800080]"That. I believe he'll be a good match up for you today. Time to conquer those fears of yours."Ferrin nodded as he focused on where Ser Xervos had his eyes directed to. A Zith... It was. Ferrin had heard of Ziths being welcomed to Syliras, but at Kenash they were particularly feared, practically feared in Cyprhus as a whole.

The Kenasian quavered and spoke with his sword hand beginning to shake..."Ser, you mean..."Ser Xervos nodded and started towards the Zith and his patron. The two approached lightly and gently. "Aye I am Ser Xervos Al'Mandrikan, and this is my nephew, Ferrin. Would you like to have your Squire spar against mine? I believe that the activity could benefit for the both of them of course. "Smirked Ser Xervos as he took a light bow at the patron before him. Ferrin smiled nervously and awaited an answer from the patron of Treachery. Fear slowly crept up through his spine.

"In Sylir, May We Trust."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Treachery on May 8th, 2016, 12:31 am

Treachery didn't like training with his patron for many reasons but the main was she terrified him.
The Zith leapt at the Isur, trying to keep his nerve as he came at her with claws from the side. Side stepping his swipe with ease, Sera Kovan's foot came out and made contact with Treachery's ankles sending him off balance. Hitting the ground, the Zith flailed for a moment, pulled down by the weight of his armour, before quickly flapping out the way of a punch. Dang it. Why was there still such a gap between them? Smirking at her squire under her helmet, the Isur gestured at him to come attack. Growling through clenched teeth, the Zith tried to think how to best his patron. Head on attacks wouldn't work. He'd tried those in the past and the Isur simply grabbed him, after that it was an instant loss. Staying in the air for a moment, the squire decided to to keep his distance swooping around her far enough out that she couldn't just puck him out the sky.

Continuing this spiral around his patron, the Zith was careful to watch the Isur for any openings. She was turning to track him as well. Noticing her squint when he flew in front the evening sun, a plan began to form. Flying to where she was forced to squint, the Zith deliberately positioned himself between her and the light letting his shadow stop her from squinting. Giving it a moment to let the Isur's eyes adjust, the squire dived down towards her letting the sunlight suddenly flood into her eyes. Taking his patron's momentary blindness to his advantage, the Zith dropped his full weight on her at an angle. This made her stumble and eventually fall on her back. Landing heavily nearby, Treachery nearly was able to let out a cheer for joy when the Isur grabbed onto his leg and threw him to the ground again.

“Nice trick, furball. But if you are gonna get a hit in, don't just stand there looking smug.”

Grumbling under his breathe, the Zith slowly clambered to his feet and got ready for the next round of sparing. Ducking out the way of Sera Kovan's first punch, their spar was suddenly interrupted by another knight. He introduced himself as Ser Xervos and his squire as Ferrin and directly asked his patron if their two squires could spar. Eyeing up his potential opponent, Treachery could hear the subtle smirk in the Isur's voice as she answered.

“I don't see why not. Cherry could use an opponent closer to his level.”

If he wasn't so sure that the Isur could easily crash his skull between her hands, the Zith was certain he would have tried to claw her face off for that comment. Valuing his life, the squire settled for an irritated growl. Refocusing his irritation towards his new opponent, Treachery took the time to properly look the male up and down. He was slightly taller than the Zith and broader across the shoulders too. In his hand, he held a sword of some sorta and a shield that looked different from the ones Treachery had been being taught to use. Tilting his head to the side, the armoured Zith took a few steps closer to the squire, only to be interrupted by his patron.

“Treacle, you gonna go get a shield and a weapon or you planning on taking on Ferrin here unarmed?”

Treacle. He hated that nickname. Grumbling to himself in Zithanese, the squire stalked off to get a round shield and his kopis before returning to the group. Though he knew his kopis well, he still wasn't that comfortable with using it for combat over chopping up hunting kills and the shield was still as foreign to him as it ever was. Clutching his kopis in his right hand as his left was weighed down by the shield, the Zith got into a vaguely combat ready pose as his patron backed off out of the area to let them fight. Deciding to make the first move, the Zith stepped forward and clumsily swung his shield toward Ferrin. It was still fairly heaving in his inexperienced hands, making wielding the thing a bit cumbersome as the round shield's central grip sometimes caused it to swing back and attack it's holder.

OOCSorry for the wait >.< Hope this gives you enough to start to have fun with. :D
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 9th, 2016, 2:13 am

Timestamp:

The Zith gave Ferrin enough time for preparations. It was a fear, one of which the Kenashian had of Ziths. It wasn't the fact that he was up against this peculiar being,it was the fact of how... The way they present themselves. Their leveled manners only follow a certain extent. Viciousness, the crazed fangs and sharpened claws of terror. It was merely a phobia. To be up against a Zith, let alone spar with one. What do you know? A Zith and Ferrin meet under this type of circumstance. Ferrin scoffed, mostly out of awkwardness and confuse, but really, he felt that smiling nervously wouldn't be an option for the Zith. It was... something he couldn't understand how to execute this encounter.

Sera Kovan hadn't really explained much of who Treachery is to Ferrin, but Ser Xervos was smirking up a storm as The Knight knew exactly what the expectations of Ferrin and this spar will speculate. This spar has been only introduced as a test, in Ferrins abstratical opinion. It was uncertain, why a Zith? Out of all of the opponent's on this field of practice and swordplay? Why? Bah, it wouldn't matter conversing and arguing about it. It would only dig a deeper hole.

Ser Xervos nodded his head towards Ferrin, the Kenashian, took a few paces back and watched Ser Xervos walk over towards Sera Kovan to have a nice basic chat. Probably talking about what they'll do later, after this spar or practice is done and over with. When Ferrin had watched Squire Treachery spar against his own patron, he had notice that the Zith took flight more often than not. That was something of difficulty, that Ferrin would have to avoid. He kept it noted.

The winged oof clumsily swung his shield at the Kenashian as the spar began. Ferrin dodged as best he could. The edge of the round shield that Treachery ever so wielded scratched his arm, but a slightly small cut shown. It obviously, was not enough to make Ferrin or really anyone wince, but Ferrin should work more on his acrobatics and dexterity. The kopos in Treaches' other hand had made Ferrin keep note of it to, it was odd to Ferrin that he wouldn't just use his claws, so he'd replaced them with a shield and a dagger. It was just odd to him.

Ferrin smirked, as he did so, he took his shirt broadsword and thrusted it below the Ziths waist, trying to get a fairly good distance between him and the flying creature. His next attempt would only lead in as a simple swing, which would be aimed across where Treachery was holding his blade. If the blades made contact it would result in a cross, forming an X. If his swipe had failed, he would attempt a shield bash, but if Treachery retalited Ferrin would take a few steps back and use his skills to best deflect whatever strikes come at him.

OOCIt's alright Treach! I hope you like this next post.

"My Speech."
My Thoughts.
"Your Speech."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2