PM to join "When waking a tiger, use a long stick." (Jade Laken)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

"When waking a tiger, use a long stick." (Jade Laken)

Postby Halar on March 31st, 2016, 11:43 pm

Spring 10, 516 AV mid-afternoon
The bronze woods

Halar had a different view of hunting than most. After all why waste the effort in trying to find prey when one could simply wait for it to come to them? Lazily he waited in the brush watching the short nearby stream intently. All animals had the same predictable weakness. The need for water. It didn't take long to deduce that all one had to do was wait near a possible water source. Soon Halar's wait proves worth it. Two adult elk and its child wandered to drink. What really attracted his attention was the one with the limp. Halal scowled in frustration as they took turns watching. It would prove difficult to find an opening. Slowly and quietly Halar got up and began to circle around to a more advantageous position. Using the trees as cover he maneuvered himself where he could lunge at the wounded elk's neck from a less risky distance. Tensing all of his muscles he waited for the right moment to bound at his prey. As his target dipped his head down for a drink Halar bounded from the trees and latched his jaws on the neck of the creature. It goes without saying the other two elk left their kin to its fate. As the creature stopped struggling he lowered it to the ground and effortlessly changed to his human form. Briskly he walked in the direction he left his clothes. He was sure someone in syliras would want it's hide or antlers for whatever reason. As long as he could buy food he didn't care why they bought it. After all why should he?
Halar
Player

Words: 4041
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2016, 2:53 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Jade Laken on April 1st, 2016, 3:03 am

10th Spring 516 A.V. // The Bronze Woods

Jade rode Diria through the woods silently looking for any kind of tracks. Soon a set of tracks caught the young woman's attention. She pulled back on the yvas and jumped down and examine the tracks. Knelling down Jade gently let her finger tips run over the paw like tracks. Something was familiar about the tracks, but she had never seen a wolf or dogs tracks that wide before.

"There is another predator in here Diria," Jade said looking up still knelling.

Diria neighed looking to her rider. Jade stood up and looked around them slowly watching and listening to the woods around her. Quiet so very quiet far too quiet for Jade's comfort.

"Stay close Diria," Jade said and walked forward on foot still watching the forest trying to see what was wrong.

Several chimes had passed as she moved close to Diria as two elk raced past her. Jerking back Jade looked after them before turning around and gulping gently. Unsure of what laid ahead the woman took a deep breath and walked forwad once more. The hair rose on the back of her neck as her heart raced against her chest trying to follow the deer that had just passed the traveling pair. Jade took her bow from her back and grabbed an arrow from her quiver. Stopping for only a few chimes Jade notched the arrow before slowly walking forward. Holding the arrow in place with one hand with plenty of difficulty, Jade snapped her fingers making Diria stop and watch the woman.

Once the mare stopped the girl grabbed the end of the arrow and pulled back just slightly to start the draw back. Jade heard movement up ahead and stooped down staying low to the ground making sure to watch her footing. Once close enough Jade slowly moved back the leaves of a bush to figure out what was making the noise. The last thing the woman saw was a white stick? disappear into the tree line on the other side. Confused and scared Jade kept very still watching where the white thing had disappeared. Ignoring the ache in her leg the woman was ready to stand up when a man walked into the clearing once more. Confusion swirled in the woman's mind as he had no weapons of any kind on his person from what she could see. Slowly allowing the leaves to fall back into place Jade began moving back when her foot hit a stick. Her weight caused the stick to snap in half loudly. Flinching the woman stayed still to see what the man would do.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Halar on April 1st, 2016, 3:26 am

Spring 10, 516 AV
The bronze woods

As Halar walked back fully clothed he gave his prize a quick once over. Certainly someone would want the thing. He tensed suddenly as a SNAP was heard to his side. Thinking quickly he decided to pretend he heard nothing. Halar scrunched up his face and patted down his body as if looking for something. Turning around he tried to make it seem like he was forgetting something. Once he believed he was out of sight he swiftly shed his clothes and changed forms. Quietly he walked through the brush heading in the direction of the noise. He could smell horse. A knight possibly? It wouldn't be too much out of the realm of possibility for one to be patrolling out here. Of course there's not much out here but woods. Peering through the leaves he could make out the form of a women. Halar stalked closer until he was practically right on top of her. Then he released a low growl. This was his catch. Whatever the female wanted she'd have to take it from him. He truly didn't want to fight but in this world one must do what they must to survive. Halar's eyes glared at her bow. Flashes of painful memories flooded his mind. Bows were a sick weapon. With pointed edges so even removing one can cause excruciating pain. He and his sister both had first hand experience with such things. Halar beared his teeth at her bow as if to say "get rid of it". Any other weapons other than that. It was a cowardly weapon used by those who couldn't face close up face to face combat.
Halar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jade Laken on April 1st, 2016, 5:07 am

Jade saw the man walk over to the kill from behind the bush. She watched as he appeared to be searching for something when the stick snapped loudly. Sighing gently Jade unknotched her arrow but did not put it away yet in case on the way back she saw a rabbit or something. Even knowing it is just another hunter in the woods her hair still stood on end at how quiet it was. Jade was about to get up as she had drank from her waterskin to help relax her nerves. The woman would find herself useless if she was shaking like a leaf from nerves. Something was stalking the woods, and it made her nervous. Jade stood up half way and snapped her fingers again. Diria's ear flicked forward and she began to walk forward. Suddenly mare stops and throws her head from side to side.

"Diria, what has gotten into you? All you smell is another human," Jade whispered not wanting to bother the man while he was busy.

The mare neighed and backed up even further. Jade went to get up when she heard a low growling right behind her head. Gasping Jade jerked around and ended up flat on her tail while he bow raised and pointed at the creature before her. She slowly tried to back up as if it wasn't staring right at her. At least for a moment she assumed it was her only the beast seemed to be watching her bow with extra malice. The beast bared its fangs while still staring down the bow and arrow. Looking between it and the bow Jade took a chance that maybe just maybe it would leave her be. Slowly the woman showed it that all she was doing was unknotching the arrow and placing it on one side of her while the bow was on the other side. After a few ticks she started to move backwards once more showing she meant no harm.

"Easy easy. I'm not here to bother you. If I am in your territory I'll leave just please back down," Jade said gently not sure it would work at all.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Halar on April 1st, 2016, 5:23 am

Spring 10, 516 AV
The bronze woods

Halar was very pleased that she seemed to get the message. Usually people shot first asked questions later. Seeing no more reason for that form he effortlessly changed back into man-shape. Crossing his arms over his bare chest he said "I'm fairly certain that sneaking up on a person with a bow is rude." After that he looked at her more intently. She didn't look like a knight. Well despite the ovious lack of giant plate armor he wasn't sure. After he was certain she wasn't going to start trouble his expression softened and appeared neutral. "Halar is what I call myself. If you promise to keep that cowards weapon away I'll promise not to eat your horse." At that he gestured toward the thing to emphasize the point. He didn't feel a particular need to start a fight if none was necessary. Of course he wasn't afraid of one. But he wasn't sure he could turn back in time before she wounded him. That and he had no weapon on him.
Halar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jade Laken on April 2nd, 2016, 4:20 pm

Timestamp // Location

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to sneak up on you. The forest being so quiet had me and my mare on edge," Jade said and stood up stretching.

"I thought I was out here before all the other hunters. Wait you changed from that creature to this form. What are you?" Jade asked as it finally dawned her what she had just witnessed.

The blond was amazed to see the huge predator become a human though it did not dawn on her right away. Diria snorted and watched the pair not daring to come any closer. Jade looked over and shook her head grabbing her bow and arrow again. She put the arrow back in her quiver on her hip before walking over to the mare and putting her bow back on the yvas. Once all her weapons were away for the most part Jade turned back to the man and snickered as he noticed that he was naked.

"Trust me being from Endrykas nudity doesn't bother me much," Jade said and waved off his state of dress with one hand before walking over.

Jade stood across from the man once more as her blond hair fell over one of her shoulders seeming to almost frame one side of her face.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Halar on April 3rd, 2016, 3:58 am

Halar frowned at her question. "I am a person. Though the answer most people want is a Kelvic. I have two forms not one like most people." At that he rested his hands on his hips proudly at the thought of his kind. Raising one eyebrow glancing at the stick he said "Congratulations. If it weren't for that twig I'd have never noticed you." Glancing back at her Halar blinked almost as if noticing something for the first time and he grinned. "This bit of the woods is my hunting spot, though I'm fine with you using it. The game in this area isn't half bad." He should know. Elk were actually quite delicious raw. With that thought he raised a finger as if to say "one moment" and walked briskly into the trees only to return a few moments later fully clothed. Hands still crossed over his chest his expression was less suspicious now. After all being sneaked up on in the woods by a bow wielding lady is a tiny bit unnerving.
Halar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jade Laken on April 3rd, 2016, 5:21 am

"Sorry I didn't mean to insult you. A kelvic. So you have the creature form and the human form. What is your animal form?" Jade asked when he returned from getting dressed.

She was excited to learn more about what all the male could tell her. She has never encountered a kelvic before and wanted to know everything. Though she was sure that may not be completely possible.

"Can you tell me more about kelvics? I have never meet one of you before," Jade said with an excited look in her eyes.

The woman moved her hair out of her face watching the kelvic wanting to see what he would do.

"Thank you. I would love to maybe hunt with you some time. At least till I am able to hunt on my own," Jade said hoping he would not think of her as stupid.

She wanted to understand the woods and the kelvic across from her.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Halar on April 3rd, 2016, 5:47 am

Halar smiled at her apology. "It is quite alright. My animal form is a tiger." Halar laughed joyfully at her enthusiasm. "I am happy to tell you as much as I can. As most people know we have an animal form and a human form. Sadly because of that our lifespans are not always the longest." At that he frowned in thought before continuing "Also it is not uncommon for Kelvics to bond with a non-Kelvic. I am not an expert on bonding as I have not had anyone explain it to me nor have I ever experienced it." Pursing his lips his expression changed to a more thoughtful one. Shaking his head he grinned impishly "Can't hunt on your own huh?" Though he was smiling that thought was actually alien to him. He can't remember a time without hunting. It was a way of life for him. "We need to change that." Gesturing for her to follow he walked into the clearing by the stream and began to tug the elk carcass downwind from the horse. Wouldn't do for the horse to sprint off as soon as it gets scent of the blood now would it?
Halar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jade Laken on April 3rd, 2016, 6:01 am

"Bonding? What is bonding?" Jade asked walking behind the man.

She nervously laughed when he said that she was not capable of hunting on her own. Jade knew that it was not her fault but she couldn't help the feeling sneaking up on her.

"Afraid not. I haven't been hunting long I'm afraid. I know it must seem silly to most, but my family was not big hunters back home. So I never learned to hunt, now I realize how stupid it was to try and center my abilities around my family instead of my future needs," Jade said looking at the man.

Jade looked up at him gently.

"Why are you being so understanding after I sneaked up on you? I had a weapon to your back of all things," Jade said confused by the kindness after him being very skeptical of her.

She wanted to understand things more clearly. It was confusing and still exciting in a way to know that by simply asking for forgiveness it was given. Most in Endrykas was not nearly as forgiving about having a weapon pointed at them so carelessly.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next