A Familiar Stranger

Quzon.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Familiar Stranger

Postby Ixzo on April 3rd, 2016, 3:22 am

24th of Spring, 516AV

With the late afternoon sun shining through the flap in the front of her tent, Ixzo was awake quickly. Because she hadn't been hunting the night before, grogginess did not taint her wakefulness. Still, she moved slow as she sat up, eyeing the tent around her with a strange wariness. Something was missing. Or more accurately, someone.

The knowledge that Rufio was gone sent a pang through Ixzo for only a tick before she adjusted. She wasn't worried about her bond-mate leaving her, of course she'd miss her the entire time they were separate. But, it was common for the Drykas to get her alone time during Ixzo's weird sleep schedule, and so it was likely she was still out… doing whatever she did. Hesitantly, Ixzo probed the bond that connected them, feeling the content that radiated from her partner. Attaching to this emotion, Ixzo stood up. It was warm enough that she didn't sleep with the pelts over her, but under her instead. Rising in the afternoons was little more than that. She needed put on clothes or adjust her braids as she did in the mornings, yet there always needed to be a waking ritual.

Doing so, Ixzo moved to tidy the space. Her tent seemed less crowded with Iollu's things gone, even though Rufio had filled the space quickly. Dirty clothes were tossed in the hamper the water bucket was emptied and refilled, and when Ixzo left her tent, she peered out on the city. Ixzo was not yet brave enough to place her tent anywhere but near the city. Close enough that it was a quick walk to the trading tents, although far enough that she had easy access to the wilderness she hunted in.

Time to find Rufio.

Sauntering past her fire, Ixzo glanced at her neighbors, the woman who was making a stew of sorts. The Drykas glanced up, a wavering smile in greeting. She should have been ecstatic, since this Pavilion had never been particularly friendly to the foreigner. But Ixzo wasn't in the mood to humor them, with a sharp nod, she looked away. It was not long before she was in the thicker parts of the crowd. It was the evening and most were ready to settle down for supper and family-time, but others were still in the market place, trying to secure food for their evening meals. For a moment, Ixzo's mind wandered into what she and Rufio would be eating. The Kelvic was never the best cook, neither of them were, yet Ixzo liked to surprised Rufio with a Myrian-style meal. Or at least as close as she could get with the lack of spices and foreign ingredients.

Just when thoughts of home were settling into her mind, the drowsiness of nostalgia settled in her chest. For a moment, the Myrian-raised Kelvic wished she remembered the spicy smell of the Taloba market place, or the array of corns and beans to eat. The territorial fights over stall space, when one was stupid enough to challenge a regular vendor would be entertaining. It was one of the main reasons she wasn't fond of the soft market tents of the Drykas, their lack of fight for the bargain. She was not a very good negotiator herself, but even she was more intense than what the Drykas were expecting, easily counted an easy trade back home.

Reflective eyes scanned over the tall, bare, back of the man, and nearly snorted. Now she was seeing the Myrians in the Drykas. Her people looked nothing like the humans, why would she mistake such a thing? Unless…

"Hey!" The lion's path veered immediately, magnetized towards the tall man with the tawny inked skin. But what distracted her was the fact that his tattoos were distinctly Myrian, nothing like the kind the Drykas wore. It was what had made her stand out when she first got here, and it was making him stand out now.

"What's a Myrian doing around here?" She asked, a grin already breaking out on her face. She wasn't Myrian herself, but the perfect accent and the marks on her skin told anyone she was raised among them. Without hesitating, she slapped a hand on his back, curving around him to stand in front of the man, who she was beginning to realize was not quite Myrian himself. "Don't tell me your Mama kicked you out?" The light hearted joke came easy, and it was hard for the Kelvic to not laugh with glee at the sight of a familiar stranger.

Myrian | Pavi "Speech" Sign | Common | PC/NPC "Speech" Sign
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Familiar Stranger

Postby Quzon on April 3rd, 2016, 5:38 am

At first, Quzon did not hear her initial call to him. So there was a slight moment of confuse in the mixed-bloods mind; he wasn't quite sure if he should be simply angered or enraged by the person who felt a need to touch his back. That confusion quickly turned into a look of bewilderment, as Quzon listened to the female who stood in front of him.

He wasn't quite sure who this woman was, but the Mixed-Blood felt relieved to meet someone who spoke his native tongue. He narrowed his emerald green eyes as he blatantly sized up this woman in such a probing manner. The Isur was probably appearing more condescending than he meant to as he weighed her up. He had not seen someone so clearly wonderfully 'civilized' in appearance since living among the 'barbaric' horsemen. It was for that reason why he felt the need to study the woman.

Quzon flexed his right bicep, focusing on the mark of prowess placed on him by the War Goddess. As he sensed for others with Myri's mark, It became apparent to him that she held no marked connection to the goddess. "Did she not pass her Blooding?" He thought to himself with a focused interest. His eyes softened, but remained fixed on her when she mentioned his mother. Matters of family struck a certain chord with Quzon. It was his regard of his isur family and the honor surrounding it that led him to be so far away from home, now.

The sound of his voice held naturally deep baritone as he spoke to her."Why am I here?" He mused aloud, talking mostly to himself. "... I would like to know the answer to that question, myself. For some reason my father wished to meet me here to help him with some unknown task. And so far, I've seen neither hide nor hair of him. Should you see a male Isur with a Black arm, inform the Deyhan that his son is looking for him."

With a hearty chuckle that hopefully would prove to lighten the mood, his critical gaze returned to a casual expression. "I live on my own, however my mother has not kicked me out of the clan house since I was a child. In my youth, she wanted me to find strength in the jungle." He lifted a hand to motion to the woman's body. "You are not touched by the Goddess-Queen, but you clearly speak and know our ways. Which clan do you call family?"

After asking her the question, he ran his hand down the heavy length of iron chain that he wore draped over his shoulders. The chain was clearly heavy. Weighing approximately fifty pounds, it was clear that he had been carrying it for some time given the light sweat that had gathered on his brow. Quzon had been in the process of jogging when the woman disturbed him. It was the reason why he only wore a loincloth. And even though he was happy that she did make herself known to him... He was not going to stop his work out regiment.

Almost as suddenly as he finished talking, he took one step back and held the ends of each chain that rested against his chest. He entered into a crouch with his knees slightly bent, then jump up as high as possible. Pressing off of the ground with a sudden force, feeling the muscles in his leg contract then stretch. A pleasing burn running through them as he tried to bring his knees in toward his chest. He didn't get high off of the ground due to the added weight, but height was only half of the reason for the jump. He land with the knees slightly bent and quickly jumped again!

Quzon gave the woman no reason stop talking to him, he only continued to jump with her right there. A soft grunt escaping from his lips each time he pressed off of the ground, and landed heavily onto his bare feet.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

A Familiar Stranger

Postby Ixzo on May 6th, 2016, 5:59 pm

She didn't step back when the stranger narrowed his eyes, she was already sizing him up herself. There was something just barely off about the man to make her thing he wasn't entirely Myrian himself, but what? She was too caught up in looking over his tattoos, deciphering their meaning, to think about herself. She had quickly adopted some of the Drykas ways. Their form of dress, as was evident in the colored clothes and layers to fight off the strong grassland winds. Her tattoos and scars still poked out, for she did not yet cover herself as entirely as the Drykas did. She found clothe across her stomach and shoulders restricting, and uncomfortable. Still, her dreads did not hang loose in the usual Myrian fashion, but instead the long locks had been braided together, a soft green string woven into one as a gift from a Drykas from the Spitfire. She did not belong to a Pavilion or even a clan, but he had said this color would help her identify with the Emerald clan, although Ixzo still didn’t understand it.

She was slightly taller than him, and while it was clear he took pride in the curve and bulk of his muscles, she was much thinner and leaner than she had been in the jungle. Darker too, with no trees to cover her skin. Yet as she noticed this, she realized why he stood out. It was his bulk. While the Myrians held much more muscle than she did, they were also far leaner than he, which matched with his relatively low height, described to her why he was different. The skin which she had thought to be the tawny red of Myrians, was now easier to see and she realized he was blue. Not the bright and shocking color of the Akalaks, but a more pale and soft color, one easily overlooked if your brain was searching for a different color.

Her quick assessment also grazed over the mark, which brought on her own embarrassment. While she did age at a far greater rate than most of her cousins, she would have served in the military only a year after she left home. She didn't want to be seen as skipping out on her duties, and yet it was true. She had chosen to leave, after all. Her reflective silvery gaze immediately snapped up to his, finding he realized she lacked the mark at the same time she found his. Her expression did not change, but she immediately wondered if he looked down on her because of it?

Still he was far away from home as well, perhaps he would not pry.

To her relief, the man launched into an explanation, not immediately asking any questions of his own. Isur. the unfamiliar name rang in her ear. With a black arm? Perhaps this was a race she did not yet know about. Frowning, she shook her head. "Never heard of an Isur, I haven't seen one either then. I think I'd notice a black arm." She chuckled, shifting her weight and propping a hand on her hip casually, just before he continued. He answered her rhetorical question and made note of the detail she dreaded that he would mention. Yet he didn't seem to attack her for it, and the lioness immediately decided to like this man. I'll kick his ass later. She let her inflated ego think, even though she knew she stood no chance with his muscles. She had always been more for weapons than wrestling…

"I come from the Shorn Skulls." She answered, paying attention to the heavy weight across his chest for the first time. He seemed to be content to listen while he continued his exercise, and Ixzo stepped back, giving him room to do so. Crossing her arms over her chest as she settled down into a crouch, she let her curious silver gaze watch him for a moment before continuing. She had seen many exercise before, but had never been interested in it herself. The muscles and stamina she gained from her hunts were enough for her, she thought of it was useless to do more than that. Still she understood why one would want the muscle, for utility and for aesthetic.

"My mother was a Kelvic, and so am I." She informed him, for by now he surely could only assume she was pure human, not Myrian in her other than the culture. "But, I left the clan before I could serve." She alluded dryly, deciding the graze over the reason for doing so. While the thought of her last bond was not nearly as painful now, with Rufio by her side, the idea of it was still shameful. Who left their Goddess, their family, for a bond? He couldn't understand, could he? Still the brand that fell next to her left eye, the one that designated her as once being the property of another, tingled to give her an excuse. A weak one, but still a reason to be so far from home. "I fell in the hands of those money-mongering Shuraks in the swamps. Met a girl from the Shining Scales there… and well, now I am here." She uncrossed her arms, spreading open palms to motion towards the trading stalls a few meters from them.

"But hey, these barbarians are interesting enough. They're men think they are in charge, marry multiple women and all of them speak to horses. I think they all have a special tobacco that they haven't shared with me yet." She chuckled, making light of the fascinating culture of the Drykas. She could only assume he hadn't been there long, and the Kelvic worried what he may think of her if she seemed to taken by these Drykas. Would he be mad that she abandoned her heritage? Would he be just as curious about them as she? Would he even care?

"So what is an Isur?" She asked quickly, not wanting to give him a chance to comment. "Is that what you've got in you? And why would he bring you here of all places? Endrykas is pretty hard to get to… I wonder what it could be." She shot out question after question, genuinely wanting to know the answers, eyes following his movements was she passively watched. She was too excited to bother with being polite and not snooping in another's business.

Myrian | Pavi "Speech" Sign | Common | PC/NPC "Speech" Sign
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A Familiar Stranger

Postby Rufio on September 17th, 2016, 6:17 am

g r a d e s

i x z o

xp

Cleaning +1
Socialization +2
Flirting +1
Investigation +1
Intelligence +1

lores

Quzon: Myrian-raised Isur
Isur: Pale-blue skin & stone-like arms
Ixzo: Shame of not bearing Myri's Mark

q u z o n

xp

Observation +1
Socialization +1
Bodybuilding +1
Endurance +1

lores

Bodybuilding: Letting nothing and no-one interrupt a workout
Ixzo: Unmarked by Myri

If you feel I've missed anything in this grade feel free to shoot me a PM! Don't forget to go back & edit your grade request here~

Rufio
Player

Words: 286748
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2015, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)