Flashback Risky Company (Caesi)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Risky Company (Caesi)

Postby Colt on June 1st, 2016, 5:14 am

Caesi flinched noticeably at the mention of cats and dogs. Khasr gave her an odd look, but didn’t comment on it.

She was carefully deliberate with her fingers, peeling the skin off slowly. Perhaps a bit more slowly than was necessary, but Khasr couldn’t very well fault her for it; from what he had gathered, this was her first time skinning anything. She seemed fairly uncomfortable with the task too, but once again that wasn’t something that actually surprised him. It was something that would just get easier with time.

And then she asked him if he ate cats and dogs that he raised.

What? Khasr asked, stunned confusion[/i] in every line of his hands.

Oh. Oh. That was what had made her so uncomfortable.

Khasr actually chuckled. “No, of course not.” You misunderstand me. “All cats are easy to skin. Lions, caracals, wildcats. Felines are easy to skin. And canines, like wolves and foxes and coyotes, are hard to skin.” He shook his head. “Canines don’t taste very good, either.” Overall, he preferred to prey on felines if given the choice.

Khasr took note of her progress––she was doing nicely, for her first time––and then looked back in the direction of the pavilions.

“We should be heading back soon,” he stated, although his posture was somewhat reluctant. “We have been out here long enough that some will start to take notice.”

He waited until Caesi came to the end of her efforts, then made ready to leave.

“You know,” he said, standing and smoothing out his clothes, “it will likely be a day or two until our pavilions separate. If you aren’t… busy… I may have more things. That I can… show you.” It was stilted and halting, but it was unmistakable as an offer of instruction, and, by proxy, friendship.

oocWe’re reaching 20 posts, so we should probably wrap this up. One more post on your end and we should be good to go.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Risky Company (Caesi)

Postby Caesi Starguide on June 1st, 2016, 5:56 am

Khasr appeared stunned and confused at her question. Then he chuckled and explained he meant wild felines and canines, even saying that canines were not very good. Caesi could not help herself as she gave a bubbling laugh. It started in her chest then came up her throat, in a cheerful and delightful tone. She laughed at her mistake, shaking her head and wiping away tears from her face from laughing so hard. “Oh I am glad you do not eat those that you raise. They are so kind and sweet. I was worried for a moment.” She gave a lingering laugh, then continued her task, almost finished with the peeling of the pelt. It made her feel uncomfortable but the more she did it, the easier it was becoming, even if it still felt nasty underneath her hands.

Khasr spoke up again, makng her lift her head, a pout evident on her lips. She did not want to end the day already, even though she knew he was right. They couldn't be gone too long, it would be unseemly for a young female and male out for too long, alone in the woods hunting. Although, they did not look upon one another in that fashion, that did not mean others would not make talk of it. Her shoulders slumped forward as she handed him the now skinned raccoon. She was being pouty, she knew that, but at that moment she did not care. She rose to her feet and made ready to leave.

She peered over her shoulder at the man who had taught her much thus far, a pout still on her face as he spoke a bit brokenly, as if it was something that was uncomfortable for him to be doing. He offered instruction and friendship and her pout instantly disappeared and was replaced with one of pure joy. “I am not busy I would love to learn more things! Yes!” Caesi's words flew from her mouth in excitement as she embraced her new friend, it was not a hug between those who saw one another as possible mates. It was an embrace of friendship and thanks for allowing her to tag along with him, so she could gain a better knowledge on hunting. The hug may have made Khasr uncomfortable, as Caesi observed with their short time together, that he was unused to such feelings and admiration that she had shown. But she did it anyways and she would wait for him to return to her Pavilion and take her out hunting another day. Impatiently at that, so impatient that her parents would probably beg for him to take her out, as she was still very young and the excitement of doing something fun with another, was almost too much excitement for one such as she to hold in.

OOCSounds good. Young Khasr and Young Caesi got along better than I originally thought, it was fun! Thank you for the interesting Flashback, which the now Colt will probably not remember, haha. :D

| Thoughts |

Credit Goes to Prophet for the beautiful Signature!
Caesi Starguide
Player

Words: 191870
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2016, 9:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Risky Company (Caesi)

Postby Khida on June 25th, 2016, 2:50 pm

Caesi Starguide

Skill Points
Ecology +1
Etiquette +1
Hunting +3
Interrogation +1
Land Navigation +1
Observation +3
Philosophy +1
Skinning +2
Socialization +3
Stealth +1
Weapon: Shortbow +1
Wilderness Survival +1
  • Archery: the importance of calm
  • Ecology: trees need more water than grass
  • Etiquette: belated introductions are possibly rude
  • Hunting: the importance of patience
  • Land Navigation: signs of water in plant growth
  • Khasr Windheel: a new friend
  • Khasr Windheel: outcast among his Pavilion?
  • Khasr Windheel: taciturn and quite practical
  • Philosophy: the relationship between perfection and failure
  • Skinning: avoid cutting belly muscle
  • Skinning: first cut throat to tail, then inside legs
  • Skinning: never mind the lower limbs
  • Socialization: new faces bring opportunities
  • Socialization: reading status in one's placement
  • Socialization: showing affection by action and consideration
  • Stealth: rolling feet to reduce noise
  • Survival: water equals life
  • Windheel Pavilion: of the Emerald Clan

Colt

Skill Points
Ecology +1
Hunting +1
Philosophy +1
Planning +1
Skinning +2
Tactics +2
Teaching +3
  • Caesi Starguide: a new friend
  • Caesi Starguide: an ambitious young hunter
  • Caesi Starguide: restless, enthusiastic, and forthright
  • Ecology: trees need more water than grass
  • Philosophy: the relationship between perfection and failure
  • Planning: first set the stage, then see what follows
  • Observation: the sense of being watched
  • Skinning: avoid cutting belly muscle
  • Skinning: first cut throat to tail, then inside legs
  • Skinning: never mind the lower limbs
  • Socialization: a show of solidarity
  • Starguide Pavilion: of the Amethyst Clan
  • Stealth: rolling feet to reduce noise
  • Tactics: exploiting habitual actions
  • Teaching: demonstrating a process step by step

Notes

Such a study in contrasts, these two! And yet they parted friends. I hope I get to read them meeting up again.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade. Also, please edit your request to show this thread has been graded.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)