Quest To Catch a Thief

A prankster begins to cause trouble within the city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

To Catch a Thief

Postby Reflection on August 23rd, 2016, 7:37 pm

Women and men alike could be hearing calling out their wares, the bustling of people all around. It was true that Shimoje gave the air to others that he had no want to care. As he made his way through the market, it would be found that the two that had previously joined him were no longer following as they became lost amongst the sea of bodies.

A dark haired, dark eyed beauty was showing off some of the jewels and gems adorned on her body that she was trying to sell called out and waved him over to see what she had available. Her lips formed into a pout as her eyes followed him directly past her stall and to the old woman at the end of the way. Her glaring gaze was watching the fat bottom moving back and forth in time with her broom.

Joselin was bustling about, sweeping the cold stones underfoot nearest her stall as she waited for customers to approach. Her loose skin jiggled when she was started by a soft voice behind her. Turning she glared at the bald man who dared to scare her after the eventful afternoon she’d already had. Her irritation already at a boiling point she took the straw end of the broom and whacked him in the shin with it.

“Oh you! Why you trying to scare an old woman like that? I could’ve had a heart attack!” She whispered with force, not wanting to cause another scene. With a bright red face, she huffed at him. Hand on hip Joselin narrowed eyes at the shiny-headed man, “Who wants to know what I do?” She moved back to sweeping the area are the stall waiting for the man to speak.

If she felt that he gave a good enough answer, then she might be inclined to respond. However, if she felt that he was bothersome, then Joselin would carry on with her menial task, ignoring the gentleman.

Unbeknownst to either of the two, on the far side of the market a commotion began to stir. Someone had played a trick on a tallowers wife while she was trying to sell the goods. While he was in an uproar over someone flipping her skirts over her head a hooded person slinked from the back of the small crowd that had begun to gather.
Signature courtesy of Prophet

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Words: 88001
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

To Catch a Thief

Postby Shimoje on September 28th, 2016, 8:42 pm

Shimoje was one of those sorts that were easily influenced by the actions of others. The two that was working with him were either lost or chose no longer to pursue the thief. It wasn't that the woman before him meant anything to him, but Shimoje respected his elders. It was a complete surprise however when she scolded him and hit him on the shin with her broom. It didn't hurt as much as it surprised him, and his reflexes kicked in. Jumping back a bit too late he simply couldn't help to wonder why she reacted in such a manner when there were plenty of people around the market. It then occurred to him. She must have been a victim.

"I'm sorry miss. I truly didn't mean to scare you. I am Shimoje. Arrived not to long ago from zeltiva " he said as he performed a proper Zeltiavian bow. " let me repay you by sweeping up the rest of this." he wasn't too persistent. However, he knew that favors begot favors, and Shimoje had devised a plan. Taking the broom from the woman and continuing to sweep Shimoje looked at the older woman. "It's obvious that you have had an eventful morning. I'm here to catch a thief, there also has been a number of pranks being played. Likely you were one of them right?" Shimojes face construed and awaited her answer.

"anyways, I have a plan. You see that woman over there? She's got some fine wares and jewels. She tried to get me to look at them on the way over here. " Shimoje took a glance as he continued to sweep, and tried to remain as if he was just helping an elderly woman. This couldn't be further from the truth. In order to catch something he figured he had to start thinking like it. "I think such an adorned person would be a target, how good are you at acting?"

Shimoje smiled and almost wondered if the woman would be up for putting on a show. "if you are up for it... Here is the plan. This thief has been running around this market. It's very likely that he has noticed her just as much as I did. If we can somehow stage a scene which would work in the thiefs favor... We might be able to spot the thief, and it just so happens that I might be able to catch this thief, but I may need help from a wise beautiful old woman. "

Speech Thoughts
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes