PM to join Food is a great bargaining tool

Jade and Ferrin meet a new friend

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Food is a great bargaining tool

Postby Jade Laken on May 5th, 2016, 11:36 pm

43rd Spring 516 A.V.

Jade walked around the stables putting away her cleaning materials. The blond was happy with how the day had went so far. Stretching out she walked towards the door with a soft smile. She and Ferrin had much to do around the apartment. For two people who live in the same area the place never seemed to stay clean. The blonde walked out while whistling heading towards home. Stepping into the bazaar Jade looked around for several spices that she would need soon. With her finishing at work early the young woman was finding it much easier to have a hot cooked meal ready when Ferrin came in from patrols and training. Walking around slowly the blond found a merchant who was selling many spices from his booth. She walked closer and knelt down to look at his spices on display.

“Hello young beauty what may I help you with this fine day?” He asked with a smile to the blond woman.

“I am looking for three ounces of sage, three ounces of thyme, one ounces of salt, three ounces of bergamot, one ounce of basil, one ounce of mint, and one ounce of garlic. Do you have those?” Jade asked standing up and taking out her purse for the items.

“Yes I do miss,” he said and got out the items she was looking to get.

Jade instructed him on how much of each, she needed. Once everything was measured out the woman paid and put all the small pouches into a side pocket of her pack before continuing. Walking around once more Jade followed her nose to a meat merchant next. He spoke loudly of all the meat being freshly butchered by one of the locals in town. She walked up and looked at the meats next, several recipes call for several meats at once.

“What can I get for you miss?” the butcher asked looking at her.

“I need two pounds of fresh fish, one pound of venison sausage, one pound of beef sausage, and one pound of bacon. If you have it all sir,” Jade said looking at him.

“Yes, miss right away!” the man said and scrambled getting all the meat wrapped up.

He discussed price with her before putting it all in a bag that way it would be easier to carry. Jade paid and thanked him before moving on to the next stall that sold what looked to be different nuts, sugar, honey, and other sweeteners. Kneeling down the blond moved her hair out of the way while looking at the nuts. She wanted to try some new kinds of nuts, but crinkled her nose at the price of them.

“Yes miss?” the older woman said with a soft smile to the girl.

“Two pounds of walnuts please, two pints of the honey, and one pound of sugar,” Jade said with a smile looking at the woman while standing.

“My you must be feeding a big family,” the woman said.

“Actually its just me and a friend, but I use honey for many things same with the sugar,” Jade said.

The woman laughed and put the items in a smaller bag before handing it to her. Jade put the much smaller bag in the big one before paying and heading out. Jade stopped for a moment and put the bags at her feet while shaking out her arms. Looking and thinking of all there was to be cooked Jade knew she needed to pick up some more dishes, utensils, and another cooking pot soon. The woman knew that her arrangement with Ferrin was not likely to last forever so she would need her own kitchen supplies. Popping her neck the woman grabbed the bags and continued on seeing a vegetable stand beside the rice and flour stand. It was her lucky day it seemed.

“Hello, may I acquire one pound of apples, two pounds of carrots, two ounces of green beans, and one pound of tomatoes,” Jade said with a smile to the young boy at the stand.

“Right away ma'am,” he said with a smile and hurried off to get what she needed.

Jade asked the price and paid the young boy before taking the bags of fruits and vegetables. She once again put the smaller bags in the big one that has the meat in it. Taking just a few steps over the girl decided which wheat and corn products, she wanted.

“Anything interest you miss?” the young girl asked looking up.

“Oh yes, I would like one pound of barley corn, one pound of oats, and one pound of rice please,” Jade said with a smile to the small child.

“Right away!” She said and hurried around putting the requested amount in each bag.

Jade paid the small girl before moving on to the next stand. The woman bought two loaves of bread next before moving on to the last bit of food she would need. Stopping close to the exit the blond got one dozen eggs, one pound of cheese, and a gallon of milk bought. Looking at the area where the pots were sold she shook her head deciding to get them later. Shifting the bags some the woman quickly headed on back to the apartment.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 22nd, 2016, 11:12 pm

Timestamp

It was late in the afternoon. Ferrin had already set out for his patrols and morning training. The purple of the sky enlightened Syliras mysterious features, Synas glow warmed the Fortress City of Peace. It was later in the season of spring, which made things appear more lukewarm. The Kenashian, was swathed in his metal armor. Without the visor. His short broadsword belted to his waist and kept at peace as it was snug tightly within the sheath.

He walked steadily on the stone streets as he kept in mind of his surroundings and bus newly founded roommate. His patron, uncle, Ser Xervos strolled alongside him. He was fairly taller than Ferrin, same black curls and a different emphasis on his physique. Ferrin couldn't quite pinpoint what it was yet, but in all means it didn't bother him. Ser Xervos thought in silence as he kept his eyes on the road. One of his hands rested lightly over the sheath of his longsword.

"So..." The Knight says slowly. Not looking at his Squire. "How fair things go with Jade? She seems like an alright lady to spend time with, fairly strong for a woman." He smirked a smile, Ferrin caught it from the corner of his eye, but refrained himself from letting out snarky remarks. "Erh, yes... She's from Endrykas." Ferrin said simply. The Kenashian tilted his head confusedly towards his patron, slightly turning his body to formulate the perfect position comfortable.

"What's the matter, cat caught your tongue. You gonna explain more of her boy- Oh sorry my bad." The Knight bumped into a lady who carried a basket full of delicious smelling goods. She blushed and nodded. Then, hurried off as quickly as she could. Not wanting to cause any harm of her reputation what she has if the Knights and the Order itself. If any. The old lady had never decided to look back. She kept on going, through the midst of the crowds.

"Well, that was some greeting..." Said the Knight oddly. Ferrin nodded. "It was peculiar for sure." Ferrin replied casually he looked once at his patron then his eyes followed the buildings. They seem to have been patrolling the Nettle District. Which housed all of the Inns, taverns, and residential buildings. "How do things fair you?" Ferrin asks as he lowered his gaze back at his patron, for a swift tick though. The question was almost a swift kick to the arse. Ser Xervos halted from his walking position and gloomily stared at his nephew. "You have to ask?" The Knight replied cooly.

"Well, I understand of the situations we've had had. But, I am not trying to reference the days before. Those, we can not have to talk about it if you don't want to." The Kenashian almost copied his patron, but his own look was separate from his uncles'. "I guess, nothing is really on my mind. Say, why did you ever want to come to this busy city anyways. There was a lot more different choices." The Knight offered with a wave of his hand that mostly expressed some sort of exaggeration to it.

Ferrin glared at him, bewildered of the thought. "My mother told of some family that might be here. But, she was right after all." Ferrins words were carefully chosen and he added a bit more emphasis on the word right. Passerbys glared at the two men of The Order, but hurried off to their own doings. "She was. Let's continue the last of our patrol so we can call this a day eh? Your training had improved."

"Thank you Ser. Are we allowed to get some refreshments or, no?" The Squire asked as the two kept on their pace. The Knight shook his head, but Ferrin was a bit busy scan ing the crowd of mischeif. "No we're not really supposed to. It kind of baleful to ones reputation really. It won't fully complete you as a true Knight. A Knight has to always be on guard and look out for evil." The Knight said as he let out a smirk. Ferrin couldn't quite catch what was funny about it, though he let it be. As it was the nature of Ser Xervos.

"Oh. Okay then." The Kenashian replied, his feet were starting to get a bit sore, but he could see the Traveler's Row and the Gates just a few more miles of walking and they could call this patrol done. "We're almost at the end of the line with our daily patrol. We should talk some more. We could get to know each other." Said the Knight stiffly. Ser Xervos didn't seem to be much of a people person, though with Ferrin around maybe he could change it. "We can start now. I say we have a few miles left before we have reached the gates." The Squire announced.

"Okay mister smart alec. What do you want to talk about?" The Knight asked in a childish manner. "For starters how old are you?" Asked Ferrin with an arched brow as he turned his head to glare at Xervos. "Why?" The older man glowered and phrsed his lips in an awkward fashion. "It's just something I'd like to know. Maybe to nag you of how old you are." Teased Ferrin as he let out a childish look.

"You nuts? It seems presumptuous now." Said the Knight in a near serious manner. "Fine. Fine. I won't I swear. But, are you older than my father?" Asjed Ferrin more calmly. They were getting closer and closer to the gates now with every step. "I'm 39 now. I think I'm starting to grow grey hair from taking you under my wing. I wasn't expecting some sort of chatter box." He teased and smiled a bit. His upper lip curled and Ferrin blushed. Not from embarrassment, but he almost wanted to laugh. "I'm not so easy to get rid of either." Ferrin replied.

The Knight chuckled. "No, ha ha. You are not. I'd say playing fetch with a dog and tricking it is more simple than getting rid of you. If I ever find the need to, but I'll doubt that I'll have to." The Knight nodded to Ferrin to assure him that he won't attempt it. They had eventually reached the gates and Ferrin had a slight tinge of hunger rise within him. "Well, best be heading off now. If you need me I'll be in the barracks.You can head home if you'd like." The Knight said. Ferrin nodded in understanding. "I'll see you soon uncle. I best get home." Ferrin nodded and smiled. Turned and off he went to his apartment, to Jade.

He entered the apartment door. Bags of supplies all over the table. He closed the door and it responded with a light thunhis"Are we going on some trip that I don't know about?" Ferrin asked childishly. He started undressing his armor. His clothes weren't as sweaty as usual. But, still damp. He plopped the armor beside the firepit. Then he sat down. "Anything I can help with?"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hwyn on May 25th, 2016, 3:14 pm

With the sun, Hwyn rose to face the day, his face already screwed up into a frown, He'd been having nightmares again, about home, and about sunberth. Perhaps he'd always have them but it didn't make them any easier to wake up to almost every morning. Shaking his head to clear the fog Hwyn pulled himself from the comfort of his bed and glared at the face that met him in the mirror, he hadn't really cared to much for the eyes that glared at him through his reflection, they felt as if they convicted him each time he saw them, accusing him of being a liar and a thief. Hwyn still didn't know how to respond to that cold gaze.

Looking down Hwyn began to comb his long hair, a trial each and every morning to pull all the tangles out of his hair, it had just enough wave and curl to it to be irritating. Not that he minded it so much he liked his hair, but he felt like he should do more with it, he'd seen others use ribbon and other accessories to tie their hair back, perhaps he should acquire something. But then again he was trying to stop stealing, he'd decided he would do honest work, or at least would try to and he didn't want to let down the people he'd made promises too, but he also wasn't to keen on going hungry. He needed to do better to figure out what he was going to do with his life.

Setting out Hwyn headed to the market to locate both food and perhaps an ornament given he found the time, either way food was more important than accessories for the time being. But did he really want to steal? He really did, Hwyn had been stealing to survive for as long as he could remember and to stop doing so now, well, it almost felt unnatural. Hwyn knew deep down that this was why he needed to change himself, but at the same he knew that he was good at what he did and it was going to be difficult to learn some other profitable skill. What a miserable existence he led indeed. Grimly making his way to the market Hwyn mentally berated himself for being so weak that he couldn't even make decisions for himself, was he really so cowardly?

At last he had made it to the market and found himself almost drooling with anticipation, for Hwyn being in the market was like placing an alcoholic in a cellar fool of wine, and yet Hwyn couldn't resist coming to the bazaar most days. What did he want to eat though? With spring finally here new things were popping up every day as plants bloomed and animals came out of hiding. Then a smell hit Hwyn's nose, something sweet and sugary, when Hwyn saw what it was he almost knew he had to have it, candies made from honey. some sort of caramelized treat made from honey and ginger. But the problem was Hwyn wasn't the only one who found the smells alluring, the stall was crowded with all sorts people and even with the skills Hwyn had he wasn't going to get anywhere near without being caught. Circling the location Hwyn frowned at what seemed like an impossible situation, he'd have to find a way later or snag it form someone that left the stall, which was even less ideal than his previous idea.

Frustrated Hwyn ended prowling the area looking for something else to eat or waiting on an idea to strike him that would let him get at the candies.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Jade Laken on May 25th, 2016, 4:00 pm

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade looked when the door opened and in walked the talking suit of armor. Laughing gently while putting up a couple of bags at a time she walked over to get the fire going so it would dry his armor.

"No smarty pants. I went to the bazaar today. I still need to go back a pick up some more plates and stuff for the kitchen," Jade said with a smile sitting back on her heels knelling in front of the fire pit.

Poking at the embers she put some small twigs which finally caught. Content with it not going out before she returned once more Jade grabbed a couple of logs and put them on. Standing up the woman walked over and looked through the bags grabbing the spices and putting them in the kitchen where she would be able to use them later. Moving the meat into the kitchen as well she wiped down the table before pulling her boots on.

"I am going to head for the bazaar. If you want you are more than welcome to come. Oh! You said a few days ago that your patron was asking about me. You should get him to come over some time soon for supper after your patrols," Jade said with a smile happy to meet more of his family.

Walking out of the door once more the blond quickly made her way to the bazaar. It was beginning to get late which meant it would be harder to come into the apartment with so many bags. Smiling the bounce in the young woman's step caused her curls to bounce around her. That day she had taken the extra time to do something with her hair while working around the apartment. Should any have entered earlier they would have thought it attacked. Walking into the bazaar Jade smelt a very amazingly sweet smell. Following her nose spotted what seemed to be everyone's obsession. Pushing her way gently through the crowd Jade got a small bag of the candies. Movement caught her eye while coming out of the crowd a small child eyeing the stand.

"Do you want some?" Jade asked walking over with a soft smile and knelling down to the child's height.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 25th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Timestamp:

"No smarty pants. I went to the bazaar today. I still need to go back a pick up some more plates and stuff for the kitchen," said Jade as she relaxed a few ticks in front of the fire she had just coaxed to dry of the Squires armor. Ferrin chuckled lightly and strolled over. "You didn't have to start that fire. I could've done it." Ferrin said in a childish manner. "Though, thank you for doing so." The man said as he neared the blonde.

Ferrin stopped dead at the mention of his uncle. "Well..." The curled haired man faltered. His pupils scanned the room nervously. "... He was busy today. He needed to turn in some paperwork or something." He hoped that Jade wouldn't have to put up with the unnecessary things that his uncle does, and those things that Ferrin has to put up with. Though, he didn't know if Ser Xervos was a family man. Was he like Ferrins father, Thorin? Did the two; Ser Xervos and Thorin have any communication between each other?

"But... Maybe I can see if he isn't so busy that he can't spend time with family." He emphasized the last word. Family, to make it seem conspicuous as Ferrin is related to the Knight. "Sure, I'll come with. With the armor being off, it'll make things a lot more easier to walk around in." The squire said as he headed out the behind Jade.

It wasn't too long of a walk to get to the Bazaar. Stalls and salesman all over the market. Chanting their sales and values. It was when Jade had started over towards a stall that sold some sort of sweet(s). The smell; it reminded the Kenashian of sugar, caramel, and of course honey. All the ingredients his mother would use to make something as sweet; albeit if it was something other than what Jade was seemingly getting. "What are those?" Ferrin asked curiously, but his words were apparently muted by the worry of Jade and her conversation that she was having between this young boy. Ferrin smiled down at him awkwardly, as he didn't know him. It would have been easier, obviously if he had. "Say, where your parents?" "You aren't alone, are you?" Ferrin asked curiously; and more in a cordial manner if anything. Hopefully the kid would be cordial and take in the hospitality from both Jade and Ferrin. "It's alright. You can trust us." The man said with another smile, this time a more confident one.

My Words Others Words My Thoughts

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on June 2nd, 2016, 5:28 pm

Title and Date

in the back of his head Hwyn heard the warning that nothing in life is free, and that one should never trust strangers. Standing away from the stand Hwyn had not prepared himself to have to deal with people in any way that wasn't fleeing or stealing. So when a kind face knelt down in front of him Hwyn wasn't sure what to do or say. She seemed kind if a bit concerning, just for the fact that she'd taken an interest in Hywn. He was always concerned with new people, more so with people who were kind, warm faces tended to hide frigid hearts and bad intentions. That said they were in public so it wasn't likely that she had any real harmful intentions as long as he didn't follow here anywhere secluded.

"I-I c-couldn't ask you t-to give m-me any, but I appreciate the offer, you bought it s-so its yours."

As much as he wanted some it was better not to allow yourself to accept kindness. But then a larger shadow appeared behind the blonde woman. This one was more concerning to Hwyn than the woman had been. It was a rather tall looking man, with a sword at a hip, Hwyn didn't know if he was with the order but none the less he found his presence concerning considering he seemed to be with the lady.

"Say, where your parents?" "You aren't alone, are you?"

Even with the man's assurance that he could trust him, Hwyn felt anything but reassured. one on one, he could handle, but two people were not odds he liked.

"i'm uhm, Out by myself? So i'm just seeing, what's t-to s-see around in t-the Bazaar"

Hwyn was preparing himself to book it out of the bazaar if he had to, he didn't like the idea of where this conversation was going. He didn't want to be put in an orphanage or forced into the order like most unwanted children in the city were.

Credit to Shimoje, the bestest buddy
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on June 2nd, 2016, 7:42 pm

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade noticed how nervous the young child was and looked up at Ferrin before getting a smile and turning back to the little one. Tossing the candies into the air Jade knew exactly how to play him.

"Oh? Well then perhaps you can earn them. We have to get several things here and I will need help fixing supper tonight. Help us get a few things, help with supper, and have supper with us; I will give you the candies," Jade said with a smile looking at the little one before standing up and looking to Ferrin, "if that is okay with you of course. I don't want to step on any toes."

Jade wasn't sure how the man would take her inviting a child into their home all of a sudden. She watched him ready to see what he would do.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 3rd, 2016, 12:12 pm

Title:

Ferrin let the blonde take the stage as he scanned the young boy before him, his gaze was light and smies gentle, he sighed. It wasn't a direct sigh to the boy, he sighed to himself. Ferrin was unsure of this boy, but whatever Jade proposes, Ferrin would go on with it. Even if it meant having the boy over. Hwyn had seemed to eye the candies with little interest, though how could a kid deny such treats? "Oh, yes see. What's your name?" Said Ferrin as his cordial eyes glared at the boy.

"Oh it is fine with me. Jade. The boy, er ah, could come over." Responded Ferrin with a sly smile. Dinner, he can't wait. Ferrin could actually get the chance to taste how a Drykas cooks. It probably won't be any different than where he had lived, in Kenash. "So, what else do we need to get, Jade? Hoping that it wasn't too much to get. Ferrin had done enough walking today. Though, he wouldn't mind he just doesn't feel like walking anymore than he should. Why should he, ever?

Ferrin almost felt gittery inside. He didn't know how to handle a situation like this? He had been a boy himself, though the majority of his childhood was being raised to learn how to fight and learn about the history and the like about Mizahar. He didn't really know how to interact well with others, besides being polite and using his manners. The Kenashian smiled wearily, " Do you want to come along?" Asked Ferrin cordially.
[

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on June 6th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Hwyn found himself trapped, the two were playing against each other for the goal of getting Hwyn to come with them, though if the woman's intentions were true, she wasn't being unkind perhaps forceful but not mean. In her own way the woman was offering Hwyn a way to get the treat he wanted without having to steal it, it was perhaps an opportunity that would garner no danger given that these people were as trustworthy as they were projecting.

Then there was the man, he was still glowering at Hwyn though he wore a smile of sorts. He seemed amiable to the wishes of the woman, he called her jade when he confirmed that it was indeed alright for her to take him with them. So he at least knew one of their names, it was a start. At worst Hwyn had to worry about keeping an eye on the man but the woman called jade seemed sincere enough.

When the man asked Hwyn his name he snapped back to attention meeting the man's gaze.

"M-my name is Hwyn... Just Hwyn. I Uhm, appreciate the offer, and, I don't have any reason to say no, so if i can be useful to you somehow just tell me how. Oh, and thank you."

Completing his thanks Hwyn gave Jade a deep bow. He intended to be true to his word and help her however he could for the evening the idea of a meal was nice.

The man still worried Hwyn but he would roll with the flow of things and see how the day went.

Credit to Shimoje, the bestest buddy
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on June 8th, 2016, 5:20 am

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

"Yay! I love having an extra set of hands in the kitchen. Just up here there are two stalls side by side that sell kitchen supplies. What is in the apartment now is good for two people, but if your patron starts coming to supper we will need another set of dishes and a slightly bigger cook pot," Jade said with a smile looking over to Ferrin as they all walk.

Walking up the woman smiled and greeted the older woman who was cleaning a few dishes. Jade talked with the woman as she filled the young woman's order. Taking the cooking pot and cooking/serving utensils the blonde paid the woman before stepping over and getting another couple of bags. These contained several more sets of silverware and more plates, bowls, and cups. Paying the young woman as well she turned to the pair waiting.

"Okay you two let's get home before it gets too late," Jade said with a smile and walked back to the apartment with the pair.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next