PM to join Riding Is Something New

Jade helps Shimoje

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Riding Is Something New

Postby Jade Laken on May 25th, 2016, 4:45 pm

83rd Spring 516 A.V., The Cobalt Mountains

Jade walked out of Travelers Row stretching out. She planned to go by a local store and see what they had in the way of beds. Ferrin had insisted on switching out the bed once again the previous night. The blond knew that it was not fair for him to sleep on the floor while she was on a bed. Walking a gentle wind blew making blonde curls fly up to the right gently. Using her hand to move her bangs back the hair immediately falls right back into her line of sight. Sighing gently she shook her head and walked farther looking for the stables. It was time for her to take Diria out for a ride again. Thinking all that had happened lately always seemed to cause a huge headache for the Drykas. Thankfully though it was over, and she could just ride all the frustrations out. Thinking while watching the world around her many women seem to have some kind of coal on their eyes. Certainly it would not be the kind that could be used for heat.

Smiling brightly the woman ran to the doors of the stables as they opened. Diria smelled the air as the doors opened to find Jade's scent enter her nostrils. Neighing loudly Diria threw her head up and down sticking her head out of the stall. Laughing Jade got everything on the mare before racing out heading towards the forest. After several chimes of clearing the gate laughing and cursing caught her ears. Slowing down she looked around and spotted a very familiar bald head. Turning the horse in said direction Jade trotted up and glared at the knights.

“Don't you have somewhere better to be? Certainly there are thieves you could be catching instead of picking on a squire,” Jade growled and with a glare.

The knights growled and glared back before continuing their patrol. Jade relaxed and looked over to Shim before dismounting.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Shimoje on May 26th, 2016, 1:11 am

Exhausted and Lonely

Shimoje was fairly tired after the previous night, dealing with ghosts left his own eyes looked sullen and showed their own deathly visage. However, he still had some tasks to perform. For these tasks he reluctantly tried to go out into the woods to bury some items. Though, after he left the gates alone he was quickly caught up by a group of knights who pestered him about going into the woods alone. “You are just going to die out here baldy!” one of them quirked while looking at his hunched over body, dragging his feet one after another carrying his pack and his tools.

“It is unwise to go out alone, stupid!” another knight remarked. “Not like you can look more dead though, You’re not a nuit are you?” The first knight had poked at Shimoje with the sheath of his sword. Soon enough the knights were playing games with Shimoje, who only just kept on walking. Ignoring every bit of their attempt at poking fun at the bald headed Zeltivian.

Shimoje soon enough heard a horse coming out from the direction of city. Shimoje stood up straight at the sound of a familiar voice.

He turned around and looked back to see Jade, a welcomed sight, but regarding the night before Shimoje just wanted to be left alone. In his tired state he tried to smirk back at her as she approached, and watched her dismount her horse. It was a beautiful creature that Shimoje hadn’t ever tried riding himself.

“Yeah, you best leave me alone before my Patron Loren Dyres makes your life hell.” Of course, Shimoje was bluffing and trying to act tough in front of Jade, but it just resulted in the knights letting out a chuckle in response. He gave them each a serious and deadly look and with a few shrugs the knights walked off back to the city. Whether or not they actually believed him was still a question, but some mumbling was heard in the distance as they headed back.

“Thanks Jade. You know I am no squire, though.” He smiled kindly. “What’s the name of your buddy there?” Shimoje walked towards the horse and Jade cautiously and set down his pack for a moment of relief from the weight. “Last night was something else” He sighed before staring down at the ground. “I wasn’t able to get much sleep. You seem lively though.” He said exhaustingly.

Speech Thoughts
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Jade Laken on May 27th, 2016, 2:06 am

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

“Yeah I know, I just can't stand people like them. Just because someone looks different they think that it is okay to pick on them,” Jade said looking after the guys as they rode away, “this is Diria. Diria this is a friend of mine no biting.”

The woman patted the mare's neck as she lowered her head to graze as her rider and the strange man spoke to each other. Jade looked back at the man before her memories of the storehouse began to come back. Rubbing the back of her neck some the woman looked up at him and cleared her throat.

“Have you seen the Zith or Hwyn since the storehouse?” Jade asked.

She was curious about the Zith. All the blond knew about the creatures were what the legends or the occasional attack in the plains told her. Which unfortunately was not very much, though Hwyn from what she understood lived at the Traveler's Row with the rest of them. Jade often found herself wondering who all she had come in contact with that lived so close by. From what Ferrin had said most of the Knights stayed at the barracks which would explain why several squires and nonsquires alike could find housing at the inns easily.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Shimoje on May 27th, 2016, 3:11 am

Shimoje eyes the horse named Diria as Jade told it to not bite. “I have seen a few Zith, but no. I headed straight out here to bury some things from that storehouse. No idea if it will work, but it will at least put me at ease.” Shimoje smiled towards Jade. His smile seemed to be forced, but alas it was something he tried. “Hwyn is a good friend. I will most likely see him later.” He said as he approached the horse and Jade cautiously.

Reaching out his hand for the same spot that Jade had touched he finally decided to make contact with Diria. The horse raised its head in response to Shimoje. This time his smile was genuine. “You know; I have never ridden a horse. I am more used to riding a wench.” He doubted that Jade would get what he meant by that and chuckled “A Ship” soon after.

He was curious at what riding a horse would be like, and figured in the past it would have been useful to have one around or to know how to ride. “Perhaps you could teach me? I am always willing to learn new things, Jade. Besides, I need to get to a place where no one would dare go to.” Shimoje smiled as he remembered how few people actually do venture out in the wild. It was dangerous and something that Shimoje himself had a few bad experiences in. There was no telling what this time would bring forth, but with such a fiery companion with him he was confident.

“What brought you out here anyways, Jade?” He asked the woman. He knew she was strong willed, but she was venturing out alone just the same as Shimoje tried. He started to run his hand through the horses mane and then walked over beside Jade and looked up at her.

“Someday I will return the favor if you do allow me to ride.” He said.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Jade Laken on May 27th, 2016, 4:10 am

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade smiled and moved back some letting Shim get closer to Diria without feeling crowded. Watching how nervous he was had began to make the mare nervous as well. Moving some the blonde helped show Shim how to let a horse know more about him.

"Don't hold your hand so high up. Let your palm face up while down low, it is easier for a horse to figure you out by your scent. Never be nervous when approaching either. Any animal can sense your nervousness, if you know that your nerves will get the best of you just hold out your hand close your eyes and relax. Let the creatures come to you if they wish," Jade said showing him.

Diria walked forward and slowly smelled the man's hand before raising her head and pushing her cold nose against Jade's face. Laughing the woman pushed the mare's head down again.

"Easy girl. He will learn you big baby," Jade spoke and looked when Shim spoke of a wench. Confusion painted the Drykas' face until he offered an explanation, "I have never been on a ship before. Coming from the Sea of Grass I have only ever been on a horse. I would love to teach you, for now you will have to ride on the back behind me as we travel. Do you mean here in Syliras or why I am out on the plains?"
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Shimoje on May 27th, 2016, 4:36 am

Shimoje did as Jade had asked of him, and let the horse get acquainted with him. He was more curious of the horse than probably it of him, and trusted in Jade. “What do horses eat, besides grass?” He asked Jade in a polite manner. “I know if I am given food I grow more accustomed to the person feeding me.” He smiled and rubbed his own stomach in gesture. “Also, how would I ride behind you?” He looked at the horse and wondered. He knew that Jade enjoyed her space after being pushed off and slapped just the night before.

“I think you will have to start slow, I know nothing of horses much less paid attention how to get on one.” He vowed. Shimoje didn’t mind admitting his own downfalls, but would do anything to recoup himself. “We would have to be fairly close on Diria, right?” Shimoje wasn’t too sure how this would fare out. He didn’t know much of her and Ferrin’s relationship, but he did know they lived together. Regardless, he wouldn’t try to make any sort of move considering everything that him and Ferrin had been through.

When the time would come Shimoje would follow all of Jade’s instructions. “I don’t care we go as long as it is far enough from the city, and free of immediate danger. While out I suppose we could scavenge up some stuff too. I haven’t had the chance to check the grasslands out yet.” Shimoje said.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Jade Laken on June 1st, 2016, 2:30 am

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade smiled looking over at the man before taking out some lightly sugar coated carrots. Walking over Diria instantly turned her head and sniffed at the hand that held the carrots. Laughing Jade put her hand on the mare's nose and motioned for Shim to walk over.

"I feed Diria sugar coated carrots, carrots, hay, and the occasional sugar cubes. Feed her with your palm open and up. Otherwise she will bite your fingers," Jade said with a smile and mounted up while he feeds her, "We will be close yes, but it won't be uncomfortable."

Jade smiled and walked him through how he would need to mount up before clicking her tongue. Diria snorted at the extra weight and trotted forward moving fairly quickly to the forest. Using her legs to tell Diria which way to turn Jade smiled and worked through the woods following Shimoje's instructions.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Shimoje on June 2nd, 2016, 3:27 am

Title and Date

Wind whirred around the grasslands, as blades of grass danced to the meadows. The sun moved ever so slowly across the sky as the clouds caused it peek in and out amongst the clearing, giving shade every so often. It was a memorable moment for Shimoje, and as he fed the horse openly his hand was tickled by the whiskers, it left a smile on his face, and soon enough the carrot was gone. He decided to pet horse on its snout once finished and it seemed that Diria enjoyed it. Now came the time mount Diria. It took a few tries as he was uncomfortable with slinging his short legs up on the saddle.

As he attempted to get on the horse he grabbed onto whatever he could to help himself up. At this time it was Jade herself, but it felt like is attempt didn’t move her off balance in the least. Finally Shimoje positioned himself behind her and on Diria in a way that was comfortable for him. He felt awkward at first and tried to hold onto the hind of the horse which caused Diria to snort. Upon the snort and the movement of the horse into a trot he was shocked and almost fell off balance, completely turning to one side. In reaction he placed both of his hands on Jade’s shoulder and used that for balance.

“I hope you don’t mind, just till I get used to this, if I do atleast.” He continued to hold onto Jade as the horse trotted more and more quickly towards a forest. “Let’s not go into that forest. I don’t think that would be a good place to go.” Shimoje was anxious for those type of area. He much preferred areas of land that he could scope out, and the forest turned into a scary place for him from result of the season’s previous adventures.

Wind surrounded around the two and Shimoje could hear it as they trotted through the grasslands. “Let’s just continue riding away from the city for a while. I’ve never been in this direction.” Shimoje points outwards and looked down at the ground watching the legs of the horse do their work. He was entranced by the strength of Diria and the muscles that seemed to show through skin. He almost wondered if he would ever get so toned, but that resulted in a sigh. He had to make up for a life in the food baren city of Zeltiva to get that sort of result.

Shimoje smiled and found himself a bit more comfortable with the riding then got closer to Jade, her hair whisked about and occasionally hit him in the face. “Pft, pft, Pfffft.” He tried to blow it out of his eyes to no avail and then finally attempted his hand at trying to move it out of the way where he lost balance and fell off of Diria. His body made a thud onto the ground and in result something strange fell out of his pack. It shined with a familiar glow that brought back haunting memories. He was quick to pick it up and place it back into his pack then yelled towards Jade “Hey! Sorry about that! Mind if we try again?”

If given the opportunity Shimoje would mount the horse again, using a familiar technique and Jade’s body as assistance, though much quicker this time. He would then request for them to take more distance between them and the city.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Jade Laken on June 4th, 2016, 2:38 am

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade pulled back on the yvas and turned while Diria was stopped to look at Shim. Covering her laugh the woman cleared her voice before grabbing her ties and pulling her hair into a ponytail then pulling it over her shoulder braiding it. Pushing her left leg against the mare Jade got her to turn around walk over to the man.

"Sorry about that man," Jade said and helped him mount up again, "i wasn't thinking about my hair being down. My bad it should be much easier for you to hold now."

The woman said and turned her head around. Using her leg again Diria walked in the direction that Jade told her. Smiling the blonde allowed Shim to get more comfortable before clicking her tongue. Diria's ears twitched back before she began to pick up speed into a gallop. The blonde smiled and took a nice deep breath of the fresh air as the pair rode out onto the plains.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Shimoje on June 4th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Title and Date

Shimoje just went with the flow of things, and as he straddled Diria once more he decided a better way to hold on was to wrap his arms around Jade. Now if he was to fall he would surely take Jade with him, but he didn’t think this would happen. As they went into a gallop this time, Shimoje immediately noticed by the bouncing that if he didn’t life his ass up a little he would experience a deep pain that only a man would. He did his best to prevent it, but on occasion his face would twist with a pain and a grunting noise. It wasn’t particularly pleasant for him, but he enjoyed riding the horse anyways. This was an experience that he would surely not be able to partake in a lot.

As the beautiful steed marched across the plains towards the sunlight Shimoje couldn’t help himself in enjoying the view. Finally, he came across an area within the plains that had a single tree. It seemed to be rather large and had a canopy unlike he had ever seen. The leaves seemed to be attached to some sort of vine, and encased the trunk of the tree within. “I think that might be a great spot, Jade!”

As the two would work themselves over to the treeA willow tree Shimoje jumped off of Diria and tripped on the way down, once again falling. In his embarrassment he let out a hearty laugh and pretended to roll on the ground as he hit it to try and impress his companion. His attempts most likely void, and with an energy of happiness rushed off to the canopy of the tree.

He touched upon the vines of the tree and smiled back at Jade. “Want to take a break here too?” He entered the canopy of the tree and could hear the nature around him. Wind caused the vines to sway slightly letting in a ray of sunshine every so often. Immediately he found a patch a dirt which didn’t have a root showing and started to dig with his hatchet into the gound. It didn’t take long and didn’t have to be too deep. He placed the object he meant to bury and covered it back up.

If Jade was to come join him she would see him sitting against the trunk of the tree and smiling, breathing a bit harder than normal.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes