Calendar & Challenges - Summer 516

Find out the events taking place this season

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Prophet on May 26th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Summer 516

Event Caledar

Summer is the coldest season in Avanthal. The snowstorms are more frequent but less severe. Also, there will be two occasions of a midnight sun. The days will shorten and shift until the first midnight sun and then Syna’s light will not grace the city of ice and snow until a second midnight sun appears after forty-two days of darkness that is sometimes called The Endless Night or the Long Dark. The midnight suns only last for one bell. It takes fifteen days for the normal Summer schedule to transition but even then it is only about eight bells of light that starts around the 10th bell.

[D] = Additional details will be provided once an event has been claimed.
[M] = I will be moderating Morwen for these events. However, anyone may claim and start them.

1st – Summer has begun! The Vantha gather at the Smoldering Embrace to mark the change of season.

5th - Morwen visits the Frozen Falls Market. [M]

13th – The Coolwater Hold is hosting a massive hunting excursion along the coast to load up all of the stores before the Long Dark. [D]

19th – The Hunter Savant Lodge opens its doors to find a group of battered and beat-down hunters. They tell stories of strange things occurring in the Wastes. [D]

24th – Midnight Sun; last bell of Syna’s light until next midnight sun

44th-46th - The Aurora Soiree – The three day festival is the high point of the season. There's a huge gathering in The Crystal Hall that extends the entire time. Food, refreshment and fellowship abound under the brilliant and dazzling auroras which are at their brightest. Morwen is out and about being social and handling party business like announcing a king and queen as well as judging the ice sculpting competition. [D][M] **This may become multiple threads if there is enough interest**

51st-55th – Snow storms rage so hard that buildings shake in the wind. Regardless of race, religion or hold, the place one starts the storm is where they will be until it’s over. Trying to brave the elements with anything less than 3 marks from Morwen could prove fatal.

66th - Midnight Sun; lasts for one bell

74th – Morwen takes a walk through the Sculpture Yard to admire the work of her people. [M]

81st – The Wooly migration past Avanthal’s walls is a bit sooner than normal and the herd is thin. Morwen is concerned and sends the Icewatch and other skilled individuals to assess the situation. [D]

Note

If you wish to claim one of these events you can post here, but must start a thread within 24 hours of claiming the event or your claim will not hold. Please post a link when you open the thread. You must finish one claim before starting another. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Seasonal Challenges

1. Complete 6 for the city's medal.
  2. Complete all 8 for the medal and a small custom gift from me.
  3. You cannot cover more than two seasonal goals in a single thread.
  4. The thread must be at least 1500 words long for a single challenge; 2000 words for two challenges.
  5. Please be sure to include detail when completing your challenges. I reserve the right to deny anyone for lack of effort. The challenges are used to encourage everyone to think and write. Simply restating the challenge in a thread will not suffice.

Shadow someone else's job (PC)*
Fall on ice in an embarrassing way (PC)
Have a snowball fight (PC)
Visit a place in the city you wouldn't normally
Tell a story/Sing a song (PC)
Interact with Morwen
Give someone an Eskimo kiss (PC)
Learn a new skill

*(PC) Indicates the challenge must be completed with another PC.

When you complete the challenges, fill out the form below and post it in my Office.

Completed Challenges Form

Code: Select all
[url=]❄[/url] Shadow someone else's job (PC)
[url=]❄[/url] Fall on ice in an embarrassing way (PC)
[url=]❄[/url] Have a snowball fight (PC)
[url=]❄[/url] Visit a place in the city you wouldn't normally
[url=]❄[/url] Tell a story/Sing a song (PC)
[url=]❄[/url] Interact with Morwen
[url=]❄[/url] Give someone an Eskimo kiss (PC)
[url=]❄[/url] Learn a new skill

Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Junco on June 1st, 2016, 1:34 am

Title and Date

51st-55th – Snow storms rage so hard that buildings shake in the wind. Regardless of race, religion or hold, the place one starts the storm is where they will be until it’s over. Trying to brave the elements with anything less than 3 marks from Morwen could prove fatal.

Junco Frostfawn, Lucy Snowsong and Epifanio Snowsong would like to claim this event. Our thread will be held in the Red Diamond Tavern. Claiming this event means that the Red Diamond Tavern will be closed to all other threads taking place between the 51st and 55th of Summer during the Storm.

Link: Close Quarters

Shimoje was here?
Last edited by Junco on June 1st, 2016, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junco
Chris John Millington - Model

Words: 83397
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2016, 10:14 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Prophet on June 1st, 2016, 2:26 am

Junco wrote:
Title and Date

Junco Frostfawn, Lucy Snowsong and Epifanio Snowsong would like to claim this event. Our thread will be held in the Red Diamond Tavern. Claiming this event means that the Red Diamond Tavern will be closed to all other threads taking place between the 51st and 55th of Summer during the Storm. I will edit this post with a link to the thread once I put out the first post within the next 24 hours.

Shimoje was here?

::ATTN::

Anyone can make a separate thread for this event. All I ask is you respect the autonomy of this group and make your own claim post with a link once you have started the new thread. That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Argos on June 5th, 2016, 6:34 pm

Argos Frostfawn, Alekxandra Winterflame, Isaac Iceglaze, and Micah Frostfawn would like to claim the Ice Fields and the corresponding Church for the snowstorm event on 51st-55th. Claiming this location means that the area will be closed to all other threads from the 51st-55th.

Link: Witching Hour

Argos
Just a pinch of madness

Words: 9438
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 2:37 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nemori on June 12th, 2016, 6:53 pm

Can I claim the Hunters Lodge event on the 19th? I have both ideas for how to introduce Nemori to the lodge and an interest in the stories.
Of course I'd be interesting in one or two others come play too, I know Junco had interest in it.
But I don't want to overload my first joint thread with piles of people.

Tales from the Northern Wastes.
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Words: 85286
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2016, 2:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Isaac Iceglaze on June 14th, 2016, 11:07 pm

44th: The Aurora Soiree

I'd like to claim this event, just for the first day. Isaac will be completing his task for Winterflame, so it'll be a solo thread, but feel free to PM me if you're interested in the food at the party :P

Food Fight
Last edited by Isaac Iceglaze on June 14th, 2016, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isaac Iceglaze
under construction.

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 2:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Prophet on June 14th, 2016, 11:17 pm

Isaac Iceglaze wrote:
44th: The Aurora Soiree

I'd like to claim this event, just for the first day. Isaac will be completing his task for Winterflame, so it'll be a solo thread, but feel free to PM me if you're interested in the food at the party :P

I will be setting up a thread detailing the second evening which will include the ice sculpting competition and the coronation of a king and queen.

I would like to think that we could vote on such a thing but I have a better idea. Anybody interested in being the king or queen will have to roll for it. Please submit your name via the OOC thread and we'll work out a time to meet up in ze Chat. :D That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Junco on June 18th, 2016, 6:30 am

13th – The Coolwater Hold is hosting a massive hunting excursion along the coast to load up all of the stores before the Long Dark. [D]

Junco Frostfawn would like to claim this event. The event with be PM to join with the intention of letting anyone who wants to join do so. I will, however, be placing a rule down for posting. As there are already four people interested and probably one or two more PCs who will be joining, this thread is going to take a long time simply waiting for others to post. The rule is that unless the group has received a PM with a reason, PCs whose turn it is to post will be given 5 days from the time the person before them in line posted. Once 5 days has passed without word from the PC the next PC in line will be able to post. A skipped PC cannot post again until it is their turn in line again.

I am doing this because every single one of us is a new player, either entirely or an alt and I know new players have a tendency to disappear. So since this thread will be involving so many people and will take such a long time I don't want five or more people waiting around 30 days for one person to post. Please if you know you wont be able to post in the 5 day opening PM the group and let us know so we can give you more time. This rule goes for everyone involved, including Junco.

By joining this thread you agree to this rule. I will PM everyone currently interested when Prophet makes the first post. Prophet will be starting the thread but will not be monitoring it. The first post will be his only interjection. The posting order will be decided on the order of posts after Prophet's first.

Shimoje was here?
Junco
Chris John Millington - Model

Words: 83397
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2016, 10:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nemori on June 30th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Stealing the location for the storm event of White Elk stables!
PM to join. (Mostly because I have a plan for events and want to run it by people joining first!)
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Words: 85286
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2016, 2:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Solemn Warborn on July 1st, 2016, 3:35 am

Claiming the Hall of Aural Creation for the storm. Anybody is welcome to join though I think most people are already places. Also I am into the second day as well.
Solemn Warborn
Even the broken can hope.

Words: 127195
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2014, 2:23 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next