Completed For Myself, For My People

Initiation into Reimancy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

For Myself, For My People

Postby Caesi Starguide on May 30th, 2016, 6:40 am

For Myself, For My People / 80th Spring 516av

Some how she had became lost. An Amethyst, lost, the ones who make the best of guides. It was humorous really. So easy was it to be turned completely around while traversing from one place to another. Caesi just wanted to find her way back home, panic was beginning to seep in as the sun set in the middle of the sky. She needed to find her way back to her Pavilion before sunset, she did not want to be caught out in the dark, far away from home. The thought made a cold chill race through her as she hurried her step, walking more fast, going left, right, right, left. She felt as if she was just going in a big circle, not really heading anywhere. Zulrav help me find home.. She begged of the God as a single tear streaked down her cheek. She did not like being lost like this, especially with unknown dangers constantly lurking behind the grass. Not only was she lost, she did not bring Nu or her Strider this day. She had only planned to hunt near her Pavilion, no where too far so she thought she would give them a rest. I am so stupid.. Caesi berated herself, as she become caught up with tracking a deer and it had led her far away from her Pavilion, making her lost.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a spark, like a flame, close by. Caesi halted all movements, looking to the right, where the spark came from. Again it ignited and soared into the sky. She was not sure how fire could fly, but it did. A perfect ball of fire held itself in the sky, for a few ticks, before coming back down. Then it went up again, then back down. It repeated this pattern for several chimes. What is that? Caesi thought to herself, as she inched closer towards where the fire was coming from.

“Are you lost?” The male voice made Caesi jump, drawing her dagger she swung around in the direction of the man who spoke. With the dagger raised in her right hand, her teal eyes danced with fire that seemed to levitate above the man's hands. He looked at her stricken features, then at his hands, and the fire all but disappeared in front of her eyes. Caesi instinctively took a step back, shaking her head, “How.. What... Who are you?!” Caesi demanded, stoping her retreat and holding her ground with the dagger still raised. Sure, the dagger would do less damage than a fire ball in her face, but she was not backing down from this strange man.

The man held his hands up, gesturing for her to 'calm down' that he was 'no threat' to her. Caesi did not relax and the man sighed, “I am Liras Stormwind of the Sapphire Clan. Reimancer and Webber, among many other things.” His voice was cool and charming, as a lopsided grin appeared on his features. Caesi relaxed, putting her dagger back at her side. The man was a Drykas, she had no reason to fear him, though she would still be guarded. “I am Caesi Starguide of the Amethyst Clan.” Caesi introduced herself to Liras, giving him a small grin, “How did you make fire like that?” She asked looking at his now fire free hands.

“It is a type of magic. Webbing is a type of magic. It is not the only magic that exists out in the world.” Liras chuckled, crossing his arms at his chest, “Reimancy is the magic I was practicing.” Liras paused for a moment, “Do you know anything about magic?” He asked of Caesi.

Caesi was unsure as to whether or not to tell the man she knew a little about Webbing. Unsure if she could fully trust him. However, she saw no harm in letting him know what little she did know of the magic, “I know a little about Webbing, though not much.” Caesi said, looking off a little embarrassed by her lack in that particular skill. Her father really had no time to teach her much about Webbing, which made her a little disappointed. She let it all go though, looking back at Liras, “Do you make Fire like you make the Web?” She asked of him, which he just cocked his head to the side in thought.

Liras stayed silent for many ticks, looking at Caesi with a contemplative look on his face. She felt a little awkward under his gaze, making her fidget slightly. It was not the gaze of the men that looked at prospective wives. It was the gaze of someone searching another, to learn about them. It was penetrating as if he was digging inside her and uncovering all her secrets. If she was to be honest, she felt completely naked standing there before him and it made her cross her arms over her chest, even though she was fully and conservatively clothed.

| Thoughts |
Last edited by Caesi Starguide on May 31st, 2016, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Credit Goes to Prophet for the beautiful Signature!
Caesi Starguide
Player

Words: 191870
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2016, 9:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caesi Starguide on May 30th, 2016, 8:34 am

“Would you want to know more about Reimancy?” Liras asked, taking a step forward towards Caesi. “Would you want to learn the magic of the elements? To create fire, water, air, or earth with the magic that lays inside you?” He took another step towards Caesi, continuing to speak to her making her even more nervous, “Are you strong enough to survive the initiation? Would you die as Res enters your body and takes over?” After two more steps Liras stopped, cocking his head once more to the side, “I am not sure you are strong enough.” He said simply, turning to leave her there. It was a strange and odd thing that this man just did. He seemed to be a little out of his head. But Caesi was not going to be left here alone again, nor was she going to let this guy threaten her. At least she felt threatened anyway..

“Stop right there. You are not leaving me out here alone. At least tell me the direction of the Amethyst Clan before you go. You don't gotta be such a Zibri Muffin.” Caesi stated, placing her hands on her hips. This time her teal eyes danced with the fire that came from inside her. Liras was really making her angry with the way he walked around, so stubborn and arrogant, maybe even a little loony too.

“Zibri Muffin?” Liras asked turning around with a broad smile, laughing at her phrase. Caesi did not find it funny, he was indeed acting like Zibri Shyke. “Answer me this and I will show you how to get back home. Would you want to learn Reimancy?” Caesi held her mouth open to retort with another smart-mouth comment, but closed it and thought for a few ticks. “You mean I can learn how to produce fire?” She asked Liras, a little interested and curious now. This could prove useful when she joined the Watch. It could further help her become something more than just a huntress. Liras nodded, “Well I am not sure what element you would have. It is different for each person. My first element was Air, then Water, and now Fire. That is why I was practicing my Fire Reimancy.” Liras explained, pausing for a moment, then continued, “But I can teach you if you wish. I usually charge 2 GM per bell, but I will initiate you for 2gm, then after that I will teach you for 5gm per session. Helping you will help me.” The man said with a wink.

It did not sound too awfully expensive, though it was all really strange for him to be offering to teach her this magic for such a low cost. He acted a little strange, though he was charming and kind at the same time. It was as if his personality was altered or damaged. “Tell me more about this Reimancy before I agree.” Caesi said, sitting on the ground and gesturing at the spot in front of him, asking him to 'join her' and 'sit and chat' with her. Liras complied and sat down in front of her.

| Thoughts |
Last edited by Caesi Starguide on May 31st, 2016, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caesi Starguide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caesi Starguide on May 30th, 2016, 8:36 am

“Well... There is a lot to know. Mainly, the initiation could kill you. It is possible you will die and not survive. I expel my Res as a gas and it enters your body, if a transmute it into an element you will die.” He paused as Caesi's expression turned slightly frantic. Her eyes grew wide and slightly bulged from her head, her mouth dropped opened as she stared at Liras. “You want me to pay for my own death!” Caesi yelled jumping up to her feet, drawing her dagger once more, “I should stab you now!” She yelled once more, the fierceness of her words made her teal eyes turn more blue than green.

“I almost died myself, but here I am. You have to be strong to handle it. That is why I asked, if you were strong enough. Not only that but you could overgive. I guess that is why I am not the same person I used to be. I have overgived a few times and now I am a bit... strange... as people would say. I find it to be charming however.” Liras said with a laugh, leaning back and looking up at Caesi with her raised dagger without a care in the world. “Please sit and let me continue. If you do not wish to learn it then I will take you back home.” The Reimancer said with a charming smile. Caesi sat back down but she kept her dagger in her hand. Whether the man noticed or not, she did not know, since he did not react to it. She was going to keep it close to her, she did not trust this weird man, even if he was cute and charming.

“Now, see? Isn't that better? Instead of being all threatening with your dagger, you can now sit here and chat with me. I am not so horrible to look at, right?” The charming Reimancer gave her a wink, making Caesi blush slightly. “I don't care how you look. I only want to know if it is useful to me. So I can progress and become a part of the Watch.” Caesi explained, glancing away from his sickeningly charming face. A charming face that was indeed good-looking but also something she wanted to punch a few times.

Liras became quiet as he once again examined her with those penetrating eyes, it was becoming disturbing to feel naked that many times in a matter of a bell. “I think it would help you succeed in becoming not only a part of the Watch, but performing your job even better. You could be a .. What do they call it.. Oh yes.. A Ra'athi Witch.” Caesi had to admit, he made it sound quite good. She would be able to help her people even more if she knew how to control the elements like he did. She could protect them even better.

She laid her dagger down to think a moment, gazing at the charming Reimancer. “But I could die?” She asked once more, which Liras nodded with a grim expression, but not speaking. Was it worth it? The possibility of death..Yes it is worth it. Caesi thought to herself, the decision made. She would do it, if she died she would die knowing she was doing everything she could to better herself, for not only protecting her people, but also for herself. “Okay... I will do it.” Caesi said straightening her back.

Liras clapped his hands, “I will initiate you for free, but lessons with me will cost you 5gm per session. Give me a moment to meditate and clear my mind of all distractions, then we will begin the ritual.” He said in a serious tone, gone was the banter, jokes, charm. He was now an intense man, passionate, concentrated on the task at hand. The switch of personalities was drastic and made her slightly nervous. He had mentioned something about overgiving making him strange now. She wondered if she did this “overgiving” if she too would become a lunatic like Liras. Liras the Loon of the Lunatic Clan. Caesi thought, making herself chuckle.

Liras gave her a grave look however, making her go silent once more as he began to breath in and out in a rhythmic fashion. She wondered how the ritual would go, would he just expel the Res with out a warning, would he set her on fire and she be burnt to a crisp. Was it all really worth it? Caesi bit her bottom lip as she thought about it. She was a bold girl, stubborn, and she felt that she was strong. She would do whatever she had to do to be the best she could be, not only for her people, but also for herself. She was tired of hunting, always hunting, she wanted to be something more.

Many knew of Liras, his clan and his Pavilion. The Stormwind was known of their magic use, being excellent Webbers and Reimancers. The young man learned his magic and skills from his uncles, who taught him all he needed to know. The Stormwind Pavilion is one that teaches their children a craft and a magic, all adolescents having to learn at least the very basics of either Webbing or Reimancy. Liras left the Stormwind Pavilion however, joining another with the woman he loved. He sells out his skills to any who wishes to learn what he knows, for a price of course. His Pavilion stays close to Riverfall year round, rarely ever did they leave. Those who knew Liras before he left would say that he was an intelligent man, always charming, protective and kind. However, due to his excessive use of magic and tending to overgive often he became a little strange in the mind. He was still all those things he once was, but something more as well.

If Caesi was smart she should have ran when she had the chance. However, the chance to learn Reimancy may never happen upon her again. She could see the delirium in his eyes, knew he was not all there, but he was still a kind man. Any who observed with a keen eye could see this of the man. Sure, it was strange to happen upon a stranger in the middle of the Sea of Grass and learn magic, but stranger things have happened to people. Caesi saw it as a challenge, something to break the monotony of hunting, and an opportunity to better herself by learning something new and useful. She would risk her life to accomplish her goal to be in the Watch, it was something she craved, something she needed to keep going about her daily routine. We all need dreams to chase.. Caesi thought to herself, as she watched the man before her sitting silently, eyes closed, as he concentrated on his breathing.

| Thoughts |
Last edited by Caesi Starguide on May 31st, 2016, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caesi Starguide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caesi Starguide on May 31st, 2016, 6:24 am

“I am ready now, let us begin the ritual.” Liras said with a soft voice, opening up his eyes and gazing at Caesi. At first his voice made her jump a little, but then she realized that the slight craze that lingered in his eyes was all but gone. Before her now, was the man many knew of. The charming, protective and kind man who would help any and all. Caesi gave a nervous nod, “Just tell me what you need me to do.” Caesi mumbled to her teacher, her nerves making her voice grow quiet.

“I need to make a cut on your palms, if that is okay?” Liras asked of Caesi who could only nod that it was okay. She did not know she was going to be bleeding too. Just my luck.. Caesi thought as she held out her hands, palm up to Liras. He gave her a gentle smile, making her relax a little, although not enough as her hands began to tremble. “Relax child. I will not harm you.” Liras cooed to her as if she was a wild horse, ready to flee or kick out at any moment. His words were soothing, coming out soft as silk though, and it made the trembling ease up a little though not completely.

“I ask that the Goddess of fire, Syna, be here with us now.” Liras announced as he made a small cut on her right palm in, that resembled a traingle with out a bottom, and did the same to her left. Caesi winced slightly at the pain and the small beads of blood did not help either. She looekd away and kept her eyes set on Liras as he continued with the ritual. “I ask that the Goddess of Wire, Makutsi, be here with us now.” Liras said as he made another cut like the first on both of her palms. “I ask that the Goddess of Earth, Semele, be here with us now.” Another cut like the other two on both palms. “I ask that the God of Air, Zulrav, be here with us now.” He announced as he made another cut. “Now I ask that you keep a strong mind, soul, and spirit through out your life. That this gift will help you in your future endeavors and that you will never abuse it. Do you agree?” Caesi nodded that she agreed to never abuse the gift that he was giving her, and he made another incision on both palms. The cuts now resembled a star like shape on each of her palms, which were now filled with blood. “Now offer your blood to the Gods and Goddesses for coming here to witness this ritual and help you receive the gift of controlling an element of theirs.”

Caesi stretched out her arms, her palms now filled with blood. Taking in a deep breath, she closed her eyes, “I offer what gives me life to you, Syna, Makutsi, Zulrav, and Semele.” Caesi announced on a soft voice, letting the blood spill on the ground. “Now it is time.” Liras said and Caesi looked into his eyes as a thin, almost translucent type of gas spilled from his lips. The Res he let out had a hint of grey color to it, as she watched it travel towards her. The grey Res gas went into her nose and mouth, it felt strange as if she was suffocating making her wheeze and cough. Then it entered her ears, throwing her balance off, making her sway. When it entered her eyes it stung like when sand was thrown into your eyes, it was painful. Finally the Res entered the stars that were cut on her palms, entering her blood stream.

Her body began to twitch, the muscles and nerves making her convulse. Something foreign could be felt running through her body, invading it, taking it over. She felt the foreign and alien substance coursing through her veins, touching her organs, all the while she convulsed and fell to her side, flopping on the soil as if she was a fish out of water. The pain that came next was unexpected. It was not a sharp pain like when he was cutting her palm. Nor was it the type of pain from suddenly hooking yourself when fishing. Still yet, it was not the same pain as a broken limb. No this pain, it was unexplained. It was a dull ache that was persistent in it's nature. Demanding to be acknowledged, but at the same time it was a numbing pain. The type that causes you so much pain your body just becomes numb all of a sudden. Caesi cried out as the torment from the Res began to throb a rhythm like her Pavilion was banging on their drums. Her hands dug into the soil, feeling the comfort of how cool it was. As if Semele had offered her a soothing caress. She felt the stones beneath her hands, as if Semele was grabbing her hand and holding it as the Res took over her body. It comforted her, soothed her, made the pain a little more bearable as her body continued to jerk and throb.

| Thoughts |

Caesi Starguide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caesi Starguide on May 31st, 2016, 6:25 am

Five whole ticks went by, but if you were to have asked Caesi it felt like five bells as she laid on her side in pain while the Res invaded and took over her body. Slowly, the pain ebbed and with it came a realization. She felt the Res inside her, it was a living thing that she could feel coursing through her body. She lifted her head a little confused as she blinked her eyes several times, ridding the wild teals of the tears she had previously shed. Her body still trembled from the convulsions, but she managed to push herself up, back into a sitting position. Her heart was racing and beating her chest, her breathing came out in shallow and quick bursts. All the while, Liras looked at her with a steady and caring gaze. He waited as she caught her breath, holding her hands over her chest, closing her eyes to steady the rhythm of her erratic heart beat, to steady her breathing once more as well. Once she was as good as she could be Liras cleared his throat, gaining her attention once more.

“Are you okay?” The Reimancer asked simply. Caesi opened her mouth to speak, though presently it was hard to do so, a muffled yes came out at first until she cleared her throat, “Yes I am okay. The pain has left me.” She said with a small smile, her complexion paler than normal, making her eyes appear more of a green in color. Liras smiled back, “It is a rough experience, that is why some do not live through it. Only the strong survives the invasion.” Liras explained patting her shoulder softly, “Now let us find out what element you will possess.” Caesi nodded weakly in reply as he continued speaking, “Generally Res comes from one's hands, although not always. As you seen mine comes from my mouth. Every one is different. Try to produce Res, feel it inside your body and emit it outwards.”

Caesi parted her lips to produce the Res however, nothing appeared. Instead she focused on her hands, feeling her Djed manifesting into Res. Finally the Res appeared at her palms, it was not a clear gas like Liras though. Instead it was a thicker gas, the color was not grey like his either, instead it was close to the color of her eyes, Teal. Once the Res was upon her palms, Liras instructed her further, “Now focus on the Res and will it into an element.” Caesi gave a nod, trying to imagine the Res as a flame, willing it to turn into fire. Nothing happened and she was a little disheartened but attempted another Element instead. This time she focused and willed it to turn into water, yet again nothing happened. Her heart began to race as the worry of not being able to produce no element coursed through her. The Res dissipating as she lost her focus.

“It is okay, keep trying do not give up. Feel the elements around you.” Liras told her, soothing her fears away.

Feel the elements.. Caesi thought, remembering how she felt Semele's skin embrace her. Her hands caressed the soil beneath where she was sitting. How it was warm on top but when you dug your hands inside it was cooler, more moist. She grabbed a stone, rolling it in her hands, petting like a lover would her mate. She let the stone go, placing it gently and lovingly on the ground. Once more she held her hands out, palms up. Focusing and willing it, the Res poured out and began to pool in her hands once more, as she fed it more Djed, more of herself. Visualizing the stone she held previously, the texture, the weight, she willed the Res to change. The Res consented to her demands, as it swirled and changed and formed a stone in her palms. It was not large, about the size of her own hand. The surface was cool to the the touch, yet still rough. It was a rock with veins of Amethyst like color running through it. It was not an Amethyst however, just a regular stone with veins the color of it. They shimmered like a polished Amethyst stone as well, the rock was beautiful, even more so since she created it.

Caesi turned the stone over in her hands, amazed at what she had just accomplished. She felt as if a piece of herself was captured inside this stone. She fantasized that since she had a fondness of her clan, of her people, that is why the purple streaks appeared on the stone. It may have been just that or it could have been just how it formed. She stroked the surface of the stone lovingly, proud of herself, she had accomplished something that at first terrified her. She had gained a skill that would be useful to her in the coming seasons, to become a part of the Watch, to be a better her.

| Thoughts |
Last edited by Caesi Starguide on May 31st, 2016, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caesi Starguide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caesi Starguide on May 31st, 2016, 6:26 am

“So it is Earth. Semele has smiled upon you then. Congratulations child.” Liras said with a broad smile and a soft chuckle, patting her shoulder in a gesture that spoke 'great job.' Caesi smiled back, “Thank you Liras for this gift.” Tears welled in her eyes as the gratitude poured out of her. She would protect this gift, nurture it, help it grow and ultimately it would help her grow as well. Liras nodded his head deeply, “You are welcome. You must take great care with this gift. You can not practice too often or too hard or you will slip out of your mind or die. It is a magic that will not be taken advantage of, but instead respected. Can you do that?” Liras looked at Caesi with a serious look upon his face. “Of course I will. Yes I will respect it and take care of it. I promise.” Caesi said in a hurried voice, afraid that he could somehow take it all away from her, when she had just recently received it.

Liras gave a laugh, standing up and brushing his britches off, “Alright. Meet me near the Moresta River in a few days and we will practice together. Spring will be ending soon and you will travel to the Summer Grounds. My Pavilion and myself will however stay here, close to Riverfall. We need to get you some training in so you can practice by yourself, before you leave.” Liras grabbed her shoulders, placing is face awkwardly close to Caesi's own face, “If anyone asks, I did not teach you. Actually, keep it a secret for now until you can control it better. Okay?” Caesi frowned but nodded her head, “Okay I will. But why?” Caesi was not sure why she would keep such a magnificent and wonderful thing a secret. It would be hard but she would do as he asked of her.

“Though magic is common and revered not everyone will see manipulating Semele a great thing. For now, keep it to yourself until you have gained a better reign on it that way you do not hurt anyone showing it to another.” Liras explained this in a cool tone, it was soothing as he tried to get her to understand how dangerous Reimancy could be if practiced around other individuals. “Okay I promise I will not practice with others around. No one will know until I am better at it.” Caesi promised Liras who smiled brightly, backing away with a nod of his head. “I will see you at the Moresta River then in 3 days time. If you go that way you will find your Clan, see you soon Caesi Starguide.” With that her Reimancer teacher left her with her magic.

She felt how seductive the calling of it was. It was as if a chanting and lulling voice was inside her, beckoning her to produce more stones, or something even greater. Perhaps it was just because this was her first time playing with the Res, it was tempting, but she had made a promise to Liras and she intended to keep it. A girl was only as good as her word, after all. With a smile to her face and a slight skip to her step, she went in the direction Liras pointed her in. Ready to be home to rest as the sun was beginning to set. Her dreams would be filled with magic and glistening stones, as she impatiently waits three days to meet up with Liras once more, to further her knowledge on the magic.

WC4830

| Thoughts |

Caesi Starguide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on June 19th, 2016, 7:37 am

A Grade is Coming
Your Wave
Caesi is very trusting. Be careful of the Reimancers.

Caesi
XP
  • Reimancy 2
  • Observation 3
Lores
  • Liras Stormwind, Drykas Reimancer of the Sapphire Clan
  • Reimancy: Initiation
  • Reimancy: Earth, Air, Fire and Water

Your Grader,

Pulren Marsh
A Firenze Template

Pulren Marsh