[Cobalt Mountains] Frostbound [Klyph, Hrafn]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Klyphaestus on February 15th, 2011, 2:05 am

'It's alright. I am no healer either.' said Klyphaestus casually. The great success of this hunt built on the death of the boar had brought him so much pleasure that even the fact of his being left bleeding in the woods by his companion could not light the rage within him. Klyphaesuts gladly accepted the hot meat and continued: 'I'll live, but I would not beable to carry most of the boar. A full pack of meat would be heavy enough for my leg.'

He stared at the white steam rising from the meat with fascination for a short while, amazed by its twisting form. Then, alarmed by Johnathon's previous warning about the blood attracting predators, Klyphaestus quickly gulped down the meat. The heat of the food filled his eyes with tears. The smell and taste of the boar was not as brilliant as he had expected. It was hard and chewy, with a strong smell that would have been almost unbearable to Klyphaestus had this boar not been the game of his and Johnathon's.

After he finished the meat, Klyphaestus push himself up into standing. It took him a few tries to succeed for the hurt leg could not accept much weight. He carefully stretched his arms, testing himself what posture would cause pain to his leg, and said with satisfactory: 'What a luck! I suppose I can still walk, though slow in speed.'
Klyphaestus
Commoner

Words: 20504
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jonathon DuFraine on February 15th, 2011, 6:08 am

Jonathon nodded, looking amused as Klyphaustus gulped down the scalding meat. "Calm down, Klyph. It'll take a while to attract predators, and anyways I can handle pretty much anything that comes our way." Jonathon ate his share a bit more gingerly, wiped his hands on the grass, and stood up. He then carved up as much of the boar as he could carry, used his preservation kit to wrap it up, and stuffed his backpack full. It was heavy, but there was still quite a bit of boar left.

"Well, that's the limit I can carry, if you can heft your own stuff. If you think you can hold any more meat, tell me, I'll cut some up. Remember, this stuff it worth bank, pound for pound." Well, he didn't really know how much it was worth, but still...

After supplying Klyph with as much meat as he said he could carry, he hefted his backpack on his shoulders, found the way to town, and set off, keeping Klyph in front so he could watch out for him.
Jonathon DuFraine
Vigilant Hunter

Words: 71575
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 7:35 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Klyphaestus on February 16th, 2011, 1:08 am

With the stuffed backpack heavy on his back, Klyphaestus could not conceal his excitement. A hunt! Even the wilderness seemed lovely now and the shadowy fear he had tasted yesterday vanished into thin air. 'Be sure to take the tusk, though,' said Klyphaestus. 'We could sell it at a good price.' He gazed out towards the direction of the town and, in reality or his own imagination, saw the peaceful sight of settlement and comfort.

Meat and money. Those were exactly what Klyphaestus needed to live through the winter and also, to fund his coming journey. A pack of boar meat certainly was not sufficient to supply him for three whole months, but he had found some work to do as a scribe apprentice.

Klyphaestus retrieved his dagger which was lost during his faint. The danger he had faced just a while ago now seemed quite far away, but the pain in his thigh was a reminder. This would be the day that Klyphaestus opened his eyes for the first time and saw the world for how dangerous it could be.
Klyphaestus
Commoner

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jonathon DuFraine on February 16th, 2011, 5:38 am

Jonathon nodded and took the tusk, too, and the remainder of the of the other tusk. "Good thinking." Jonathon didn't speak for the first few minutes of the trek, then spoke up. "Because I dragged you out here, I am responsible for your injury." Jonathon cut through any objections.

"It's true and you know it. As such, I'll be giving you a bigger share of the loot then I first decided on. I was originally going to take 70 percent of the loot... no offense, but as the professional hunter, I was more instrumental to the part that you. But you got injured, and therefore, you get an extra 10%. The extra mizas should help pay for treatment and such. Also..."

Jonathon turned and gave him a grin. "If you want to go on another trip, look me up. I am always in need of hunting partners." Jonathon turned back around and kept on going, Syliras-bound.
Jonathon DuFraine
Vigilant Hunter

Words: 71575
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 7:35 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Klyphaestus on February 16th, 2011, 8:03 am

The unexpected offer made Klyphaestus speechless for a moment while his mide furiously processing the message. He opened his mouth to form a faint protest but was stopped by Johnathon. Klyphaestus nodded with a smile. He knew he had been quite a burden to the entire party since he was utterly inexperienced in hunting. In fact, if it was not because of Johnathon, Klyphaestus would probably be still wandering in the castle, earning little money from various works. It had always appeared reasonable to Klyphaestus that Johnathon should have the largest gain. But he would not insist on pushing the offered 10 percent away. Klyphaestus needed money, and he could not afford to let any chance of making money slip away.

'Thank you,' said Klyphaestus with a grin and together they headed back to Syliras.
Klyphaestus
Commoner

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on March 4th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Thread Award!
Jonathon

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Leadership 2 --
Weapon (Shortbow) 4 --
Stealth 2 --
Hunting 3 --
Rhetoric 1 --
Falling 1 --

Lore
Survival Tip: Silence Kills
Survival Tip: Choosing Reliable Comrades
Survival Tip: Light Sleeper
Leadership: Making Decisions without the Input of Others

Rewards
+90 GM - Boar Meat Sold
+1 Boar Tusk
+1 Broken Boar Tusk

Klyphaestus

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Weapon (Shortbow) 4 --
Hunting 3 --
Stealth 1 --
Running 1 --
Observation 2 --
Wilderness Survival 1 --
Climbing 1 --

Lore
Survival Tip: Choosing Reliable Comrades
Survival Tip: Light Sleeper
Survival Tip: Outrunning Boars is Futile
Guilty Conscience: An Innocent Canine Slain

Rewards
+90 GM - Boar Meat Sold
- 15 GM - Medical Cost

Hrafn

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Running 1 --
Hunting 1 --
Stealth 1 --
Wilderness Survival 1 --

Lore
Survival Tip: Drawing Attention with a Fresh Kill
Paranoia: Shadows of the Forest at Night

Additional CommentsSince Syliras is a little confusing at the moment, I'm just going to reward you guys cash rather than meat that you'll actually have to exchange (which would be difficult due to the timechange). I'd bother with putting a timeframe on Klyph's wound, but I think since it's Spring, it's probably healed, albeit scarred for life. Hrafn, if you are still here or come back and see this, you get no rewards save for the skill points offered.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous