Closed [The Sanity Center] Discussing Jobs (Dexius)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[The Sanity Center] Discussing Jobs (Dexius)

Postby Kaleidoscope on July 12th, 2016, 9:45 pm

15th Summer 516 AV

Serenity sighed. It had been a long day, full of people streaming in and out the doors, banging their way in, demanding a place to stay, a place to find where they were going, give me this, give me that! Thankfully, dusk was drawing in, and Serenity smiled at the prospect of returning home for the evening, an evening without the pesterers and the mitherers.

Of course, Alvadas had been busy these past couple of days, ever since the season had turned. Busier than usual. A steady stream of people had arrived, and now the city was fit to burst. The increased traffic was surely a good thing though, at least in certain aspects. Housing, and places to stay, wasn't one of them...

Just as the woman was about to get up and leave, as she pushed her chair out from underneath the desk, the door opened. With a not so well-hidden sigh, Serenity immediately sat down again, her hair looking even more frazzled than usual.

"What can I do for you this evening, sir?" She stressed the word evening, and perched her glasses on her nose. The papers that sprawled across her desk rustled slightly in the tiny breeze from the now-closing door, and she tetchily collected them, stacking them in a not so neat pile in the middle of her desk.

Without waiting for a proper reply, the woman stated, "If you're looking for housing, there's nowhere left unless you want to buy a house. Go to the Temple of Illusion, or sleep on the streets. Alvadas is a city of illusion, and buildings, or streets, move. I'd suggest you just follow whichever path you wish, and don't have too many expectations."

"Is there anything else you wanted, or is that it for today?" She smiled, perhaps not the most genuine smile, but a smile nonetheless. After all, she wasn't some sort of monster. Serenity settled back in her chair, and awaited the young man's reply with only the slightest hint of trepidation. Hopefully she could go home, soon.
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Dexius on July 15th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Dex had been residing within the walls of the city of illusions for quite a few days before it dawned on him to think about his future here in his new home. Mizas for one thing were not exactly something that grew on illusory trees, that much was certain. So this evening the Symenestra decided he should probably make his visit to the hub of information for the city residents, the aptly name Sanity Center.

Finally, after what seemed like a bell had passed Dex at last wandered his way to the front door of his particular destination. The city streets were winding and ever changing, he wasn't sure he would ever get used to them. Today though, he had found the exact building he was looking for and even if this particular location never moved, which was something he just heard in passing it was still difficult to navigate the altering streets to get here.

Now entering the center Dex figured he should probably attempt to look somewhat presentable so he removed his signature scarf from his face and allowed it to just lightly cover his shoulders.

After closing the door Dex thought he heard fairly loud sigh come from across the room. Looking over in the direction of the sound he saw a rather exhausted looking woman take her seat behind a large oak desk. Dex explored around the room as he approached the desk, he was rather curious about any other employees that might be working to assist the lone woman. None were found. If she worked alone all the time it's no wonder she looks so tired. Along with all the refugees pouring into the city it must make her job a veritable nightmare.

But before he could even get a small peep out of his mouth the woman spoke up. "What can I do for you this evening, sir?" She spoke with more than a little emphasis on evening as she gathered a few papers to the center of her desk. Try to be pleasant. Try to be pleasant.

The Symenestra smiled after the woman opened conversation but again before he could say a thing she went on about the lack of housing in the city and the Temple of Illusion. "I-" Again he had tried to speak up but again she replied as if they had already started and finished their entire conversation. "Is there anything else you wanted, or is that it for today?" This might more difficult than he thought.

Dexius simply waited a few ticks to see if she had anything else left..to 'converse' with him about but the woman merely half smiled in his direction. "I uh..i'm not here for housing exactly. I did have a question about my house though, I only have one key and i'd like to have a spare. Do you know the name of any establishment that could produce one for me?"

He sighed and scratched the back of his head for a moment before continuing on. Not once before in his life had he been strapped for money or had to go around asking for a job to get by. Such is the life away from home he supposed. "The main reason I stopped in today was to inquire about available work in the city. I don't have any particularly great skill in any line of work other than knowing how to work a sword. But i'm a fast learned I assure you and a hard worker, though i'm sure everybody says that." Dex merely smiled in a rather over dramatic fashion as he awaited her response, a wide tooth filled grin if anybody had ever seen one.
"Strength is born of those with a burdened soul"
"Weakness is born of those with a perfect smile"
This is Thought
This is Common
This is Symenos
Dexius
Embracing the fear, chasing the fight

Words: 115381
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 2:21 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaleidoscope on July 29th, 2016, 11:49 am

She started with surprise, and had the gratification to look a little ashamed at her hasty speech and irritation. "Ah, my apologies young sir." She proffered her hand forwards, waiting for him to show her the key. If he did, she would say, "With keys, we do not often get asked for a second one made, but it is possible, and one will be delivered to you sometime in the following seven days." The woman didn't make any mention of how the key would be delivered, or even how the keys were made, but her assuring smile dissuaded any questions about the topic. He would get his key whenever he needed it, Alvadas style.

"As for a job, well!" She pondered for a few moments, scratching her chin absent-mindedly. "Good with a sword, you say? I'm not sure if that is much use here, but you could always speak with Ersal, although I don't suppose she would pay you for your time." She paused, and spoke again, "Perhaps you are performance-inclined. Can you play an instrument, or dance a jig, or do you have some skill inherent to you which no other could do quite so well?"
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Dexius on August 8th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Dex brought his hands up in protest to the woman's apology. "No need for any apologies, Miss. I can understand how you might be busy at a time such as this, with such an influx of people in your city." He carefully pulled out and released the clasp that held the key necklace in place before holding it out to the woman to see if she would need it. "Seven days then? That sounds fair to me."

The Symenestra shuffled a little uncomfortably when the woman mentioned a lack of work surrounding weapon skills in the city. There had to be somebody or something here protecting the city from outside threats, right? "Most of my focus in life so far has been with the blade..so no I wouldn't say I am exactly performance-inclined..Perhaps this Ersal has something she could point me towards? If not..I suppose there are people somewhere in the city who might require a sword for something.."

Dex found himself looking around the room once more, trying to figure out what he could possibly say next before suddenly realizing he already asked himself this question. "Sorry to sound uninformed, but i'm actually very new to the city still. I've been here less than a week still and I was just wondering who protects Alvadas in general? Most people here do not seem like they would be combat ready nor have I seen any formal soldiers around the town."

This is Thought
This is Common
This is Symenos
Dexius

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaleidoscope on August 28th, 2016, 3:07 pm

She looked at the key intently, looking over every aspect and twisting and turning it this way and that. Finally, she placed it flat on the table and withdrew a small roll of parchment and a quill and inkpot from a drawer, before writing something down and once again stowing the writing equipment away. "Here, take your key back. No doubt you'll need it to get back into your house." She smiled then, and said, "It's a good key that." One nod, and a return to the other questions posed.

"Well, we regularly take jobs here from people who require protection. If you think you'd be well-suited as a mercenary then I'm sure we could find some jobs for you for that. Just come here from time to time and I can give you the details of whoever's looking for a sword for hire."

As he started to ask about protection though, her gaze darkened somewhat. "People are more combat ready than you might realise. We Alvads have faced our own threats, from time to time. And Ionu's blessed illusions keep us on our toes." Her voice and composure brightened again. "Yes, there are the Speakers of Alvadas who govern us and make sure everything runs correctly. And there are the Cravens. Ersal is generally quite new, but she does a good job."

The woman tailed off thoughtfully. "The rest is up to you to find out, unless there's something more you'd like to ask about? Of course, I won't leave you wandering lost and confused, but you seem like you fit in here." She nodded and offered her hand to his to shake briefly. "If that really is all then, I bid you farewell, and a good season to you!"

OOCHi Dex, you are approved for a mercenary job! I will PM you the details, and the SS thread link for you to put in your profile. If you want to continue the thread, then that's fine, but other than that I can grade it after you've written your finishing thread.
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Dexius on September 1st, 2016, 6:15 am

The Symenestra watched the woman carefully as she slowly inspected what was easily his most prized possession. A sigh of relief left him when she finished looking at it from all angles before placing it down on the table. Dex carefully re clasped the necklace around him once more after being instructed to retrieve it. "It is a good key...of that you are very correct."

The swordsman nodded slowly at the talks of jobs around the city. Finally something Dex could get behind. Things were finally looking up for the spider, a strange turn of event for sure.

Dex placed his hands out in front of him at the women's tact response about the defenses of the city. "I mean no disrespect. I am sure that whatever goingons occur higher up in Alvadas are for the best of the city. But I would like to get to know more about these Speakers, perhaps another time though."

His hand met hers in a small but very sincere handshake before getting ready to head towards the exit of the building. "I'm sure I will figure my way at some point. That seems to be the idea around here." Dex began to trod towards the exit and even had the door open before quickly stopping himself and looking back to the woman behind the desk. "My name is Dex by the way. Was nice meeting you."

A few moments later he found himself back out in Alvadas proper, of course nothing looked the same as it had when he entered The Sanity Center but it was just another challenge to defeat then.

OOCI left some things here open if you wanted to do any other small tid bits before finalizing anything. If not then that is a wrap here I suppose. Thanks for the fun little thread!
This is Thought
This is Common
This is Symenos
Dexius

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaleidoscope on October 28th, 2016, 10:32 am

Dexius
Skills
  • Land Navigation: +1
  • Persuasion: +3
  • Observation: +2
Lores
  • Alvadas Location: The Sanity Center
  • Persuasion: Adjusting Appearance to Appear Presentable
  • The Speakers of Alvadas: Probable Governors of the City
  • Alvadas Family: The Cravens
  • Ersal: A Protector of Alvadas
  • Self: A Mercenary Job (Summer 516)

Comments: A nice thread, which I particularly enjoyed as it's not often PC's gain their jobs in character. You were a pleasure to write with and I hope we can thread again at some point! ^_^

Enjoy your grade, and please don't forget to delete/edit out your grade request. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office