Closed A Road of Disaster (Saga)

Ferrin and Saga take up a patrol through the Kabrin. Only to be greeted by danger.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Road of Disaster (Saga)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 1st, 2016, 8:38 pm

"Yes, we can do that." Said Ser Xervos quietly. The Knight looked once at Saga and back, peeking over the underbrush once again to see what was there and what was not there. Just to be sure of what was going on.

"Ferrin take the right I'll go left. We'll do as Ser Saga says." He spoken like a true Knight who wanted to serve justice. "We'll settle it." He said.

"Sure let's get a move on then." Responded Ferrin in the same manner. He didn't like bandits; no one did in fact. Unless, you were a bandit yourself. Though, it still wouldn't make much of a difference. Once Ser Saga left to fetch his mare, Ferrin and Ser Xervos had split up. Ferrin was already half way around his way towards the bandits when Ser Saga spoke aloud. Ferrin wondered what the mage-knight was doing to his cover, but he figured it was a part of the plan.

The crying was low, and barely audible, well where Ferrin stood. Who knows what could happen. Then, Ferrin spotted a shadow. Just maybe twenty yards out from where he stood, where he was heading to be exact. Perfect.

Hopefully, Ser Xervos had the same speed as Ferrin did, otherwise, the flank wouldn't end up well.

Though, Ferrin heard whispers. A conversation. But, things didn't go as planned...

It was the sound of leaves crunching and Ferrin turned around. Two bandits stood in front of him, and another behind him. Three versus one. It was totally uneven, and totally unexpected. "You have a choice..." Said the man behind him. Ferrin didn't bother to turn to face him. The squire figured that if he did, it would've been another trap and the two would take him captive. He wasn't going down without a fight.

Best case scenario, to stall. "And what are they, may I ask?" Said Ferrin, he slowly dragged his hand down to his pommel, resetting it there. The bandits didn't see his hand movement. Good.

"To come with us, or die." Was what the bandit said. "I wouldn't take that sword out if I were you, fool." Scoffed the man. The other two chuckled, and Ferrin noticed wrinkles on their faces twitch.

"If I don't cooperate..." Ferrin said aloud.

"Well, you die." Said the bandit. Ferrin risen straightforward. His body upright. The two bandits still chuckling. "If you do manage to kill us however, you have to face a few more. Though, your friend over there will certainly have a fun time getting-" then he was choking and Ferrin saw the faces of the other two change into shock.

Ferrin turned. It was Ser Xervos. His blade drove through the waist of the man and the man fell with a sudden thud, flat on his face. Ferrin pulled out his blade. A short broadsword. Now, it was even. The two bandits pulled out a longsword, and great axe. Perhaps even more were in the clearing now, then how much Ferrin and Ser Xervos were fighting.

Ferrin matched himself up with the guy holding the longsword. "I'll tear you to pieces." Scoffed the man. The bandit twirled his longsword and swiped his blade vertically aiming for Ferrins' head. It was blocked with Ferrins shield. The force vibrating through his whole body made Ferrin shutter. Ferrin used his short broadsword and thrusts his blade into the chest of the man's body.

The man grasped onto the blade, "bitch." Was all that he said before his last breath. Then, he became limp and his head dropped. Ferrin withdrew the blade and kicked the man down. The man landed with a thump.

"Good." Said Ser Xervos. "Serves that fool right." Ferrin was to busy to focus on what was going on around him. "Let's go see Ser Saga. Check and see if he's alright."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Saga on August 1st, 2016, 11:41 pm

"Yahal guide me. For me faith to you will lead me, Saga whispered to himself as he greeted by a crowd. About five bandits exited the tents all donning badly kept leather armor alike. They were human and the leading one was a woman. She looked fierce and ruthless.

It must have been her who were making those screams. Vurik said to Saga in their mind.

She's not bad. But the setup was horrible. Saga answered.

"Bandits. You will cease your activities and come quietly. If you resist, then your head will be put to the blade."

"You and what army,"
said the woman simply. It seemed she might be leader.

While the woman was bantering she could see that the others were advancing towards him. Cocky smirks were passed around as they saw that Saga was outnumbered. Saga however had opened his hand and was creating Res from his palms by willing it out of the pores. It was a thick gas like Res which spread upwards and formed into a ball.

Saga kept the ball hovering in his hands focusing on adding enough Res to it. "I really can't stand people who prey on the weak. And have the gall to disrespect the Order of Knights."

"Welcome to Mizhahar. Everyone does! Get him!" The woman ordered

The Mage Knight was hoping that his comrades were fine and would be providing help. He doubted he could take on this many foes by himself. With or withouth magic.

Two of them started charging towards Saga and Red. Saga concentrated on the Djed within him, and transmuted just the outer layer of Res ball in his hands. It sprang with a fierce fire around it. He could tell the bandits were visibly shocked as they hadn't expected a Mage.

The Akontak directed his hands at the nearest one only a few meters away, as the Firebolt let his hands he ignited inner layer of Res with the fire element. Not usually as accurate but he was well within range and the blast him square in the chest and exploded. Flames licked his chest and even a little bit of his face as he was blasted off his feet and onto his back. He moved no more.

That stalled the other charging bandit to look at his comrade and back to the Knight as he noticed the stakes. Saga dismounted Red and unsheathed his Katana , he would have to battle with magic and sword if he could. The other bandit enraged charged forward with an sword in his right hand. He swung the iron blade and it met the sharp edge of a steel Katana as Saga countered the attack.

The woman in the back now taken aback by a strange creature she had never seen before and was actually a mage. "What are you two standing for? Kill him!" She barked at the two who were just watching. They were startled slightly before they shuffled forward to help.

Saga noticed they were coming as he threw a swift upwards slash at his opponent who blocked it. He tried to concentrate on pour more Res from his other hand but the battle was distracting him and it failed. He needed more time send a more devastating attack.
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 3rd, 2016, 3:29 am

It was almost instantaneous. Ferrin and both Ser Xervos had notice the res exert out of the man and engulf one of the bandits in flames. It was Ferrins first time since he had seen magic conjure up like this. The squire was amazed, but Ser Xervos knew better than to loath around and watch. "Come boy, this is serious matter. We need to eliminate them. At the most." Ferrin nodded.

The squire brandished his blade and followed his patron through the clearing. Avoiding any poorely set traps.

Ser Saga had been fending off a few of them though already. But the woman standing knew better herself too. She drew her own blade. Well, it looked more like of a great axe than anything. Ferrin swallowed fear down his throat and coughed. "Ser, should I join Ser Saga?"

"No, I can handle them with Ser Saga. Go fend off that thing they so call a woman over there." Ser Xervos charged into battle after he relished a pray for protection of Sylir and Priskil. Ferrin nodded and leveled his shield. His short broadsword was heavier in his grasp, but he didn't bother to descend his position.

"You, you really think I'll let some smuck defeat me?" Croaked the woman with a cocked brow. She twirled her great axe around, barely clipping off her hair. "Ha, I'd like to see you try, fool." She scoffed. The lady charged.

Her swing was heavy, and the great axe slammed against Ferrins shield with a lot of might. It daxed Ferrin and had him stumbling back, but he quickly regained his stance. The woman charged again and swung at his shield. Ferrin ducked. The great axe swooped just over his head. Then he was knocked down, it was a force of a kick that had done it.

Then the lady placed her boot on top of his shield pinning him to the ground, ignoring the blade in his hand. "Easy." She chirpped. The blade of her great axe rested just above Ferrins neck. "Now stay still." Ferrin didn't follow the order, he used his foot to kick the back of the ladys rear and using the momentum of his leg, the lady tumbled forward and landed face first. She snorted in disgust. "You petching bitch. I've told you to stay still!" She swung her great ax down aiming for Ferrins head as quickly as she got up.

Ferrin rolled to the side and helped himself up, his shield blocked the next swing. "Justice will be served." Ordered Ferrin. Ferrin used his blade and thrased it upwards, the blade just missed the woman's shirt hitting thin air. She dodged by moving backwards. Ferrin finally stood up.

"Fool!" She crowed. Charging once again, she swung her great ax down and Ferrin blocked with his shield, the force vibrating through his whole body. He could hear the shield crack. He can't withstand the lady much longer without his shield. Ferrin thrusts his blade while the woman was in reach, success. He knicked one of her sides. The woman screeched and cried out in pain. She dropped her weapon and fell to her knees. "Do it already," she choked out, her hands resting on her wound, disallowing any blood to escape.

Ferrin took his chance and used the pommel of his blade and thwacked it hard against the head of the leading bandit. She fell limp on the ground, her body sprawled out. Blood slowly seeped and Ferrin rushed to tear a piece of her shirt to wrap the wound around. He had a feeling that keeping her, the Order could discover more about the other bandit locations. He noticed that Ser Xervos and Ser Saga were done with their duel. "Any other ones that are alive?" Asked Ferrin doubting that there might be at least one besides his. "She's not dead yet, but we can definitely bring her to the Tank." Said Ferrin in rasping breaths. He sheathed his blade and lifted the woman up and over his shoulders. She was surprisingly light. "Okay, we should go." He said to the two Knights. "Before the wolves discover this location."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saga on August 5th, 2016, 11:04 am

It was short raspy breathing and swords pounding against each other that were the dominant sounds on the battlefield. Saga was forced to fight the bandits off with his Katana. It was a weapon that wasn't that heavy and it would help him allude some attacks but it wasn't that type to take on so many.

Beads of sweat from nervousness were starting to pour out his face. The weather was still hot, coupled with fighting in armor, it was relevant. He would have to get used to such things. The bandit wasn't very skilled with the sword but neither was Saga. A skill he knew he had to master.

The Mage Knight shuffled backwards as he lifted his blade up with both hands to block an overhead strike. His sword glanced downward from the force, but at the same time he pushed back. The blade forced the bandit backwards, and stumbled back.

Now he was on the defensive, Saga gave two quick sideways strikes and the bandit was visibly nerved with the assault and barely managed to guard them. The Knight pulled his Katana back and thrusted his blade through his shabby guard, and he stabbed the bandit in the heart. The blade pierced through the leather armor and out his back.

He tried to cry out but it was cut short as his life faded instantly. The look of death and shock was upon his face when he dropped dead. Saga was able to dispatch two of them quickly. Fighting two at once was no easy challenge. Just as they running to him, Ser Xervos came smashing into the scene. Shield bashing one of the bandits with his shield, and distracting the other.

The bandit went flying, knocked back with such force that the man was sent flying into one of badly laid traps. Saga didn't see what happened to him because he was now concentrating on his Djed at the moment. His willpower alone tapped into his Djed allowing him to push the silver ethereal Res from his hands.

Saga molded the Res just as he had before, he tried to form it into a thick liquid sphere like ball hovering in his palm. The Res quivered as Saga was having trouble forming it correctly, but he was able to brush any distractions away. The bandit turned around too late as Saga ignited the outer layer, and willed the Firebolt to exit his palm aiming at the bandit.

The Firebolt burned bright as it sailed in the air. Not to be undone like his friend, the bandit was prepared to duck. But Saga had missed him completely. It instead faltered and shot just wide of him. The Firebolt flew into the clearing and charred out somewhere.

"The Glassbeaks would be proud," he said in Tukant mocking himself. The bandit closed the distance quickly. Saga couldn't risk another spell unless it was necessary, for he feared overgiving.

Ser Xervos had dispatched the other bandit by tossing the human into his own badly laid trap and was coming to help Saga. However the Mage Knight wasn't done either, still brandishing his Katana, he sheathed his weapon and waiting for the bandit to attack.

Only a few feet away from the Akontak, he was gonna try a new move. The Mage Knight choose a targed at and the bandit swung with a bastard sword aiming at his head. Saga leaned his head low and dashed forward, dodging the attack. He simultaneously drew his blade upwards. A quick draw move, "Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki", developed from the Hiten Mitsurugi style.

His blade slashed diagonally from his hip to his shoulder. Blood spluttered from the wound as he fell too the ground clutching his grave wound. The bandit laid still, either dead or was dying. Saga caught his breath after seeming to hold it the entire time.

He was just winded instead he noticed. The fight had taken a toll on him and using Magic. The Akontak took a look upwards and seen that the bandit had been caught in a snare like trap designed to hoist and drag the poor sap by the feet, where they would be half dragged and a half hanging from a nearby tree.

Saga nodded his approval to Ser Xervos who nodded his head to him and they both turned their attention to the Squire, who had made short work of the woman who lay knocked out cold at his feet. "She's not dead yet, but we can definitely bring her to the Tank."

"Okay, we should go. Before the wolves discover this location."

"I would say that's no way to treat a lady. But for her, I'll make an exception. Good work Squire. To the tank they go," Saga said to Ferrin. "We can cut him down and take him with us too. They will face the blade another time."
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 8th, 2016, 2:42 pm

Ferrin nodded in agreement. Ser Xervos helped himself to carrying one of the unconscious bandits. Ser Xervos speaks up, "we've all done a good job. Though, I believe that we should request more patrols to be set out for this area of the Bronze Woods, who knows how many more are roaming these woods. Quite dangerous to be walking the Kabrin alone." He said acknowledging the facts of what had just happened.

"Yes Ser Xervos, I believe so to." Agreed Ferrin slowly. The squire carried the leading bandit and hefted her over his shoulder whilst Ser Xervos has done the same to the other bandit.

The group headed out, back towards Syliras. Ferrin didn't take another look back after they've left the scene.

Out in the distance, an audible noise of a wolfs' howl came about. It echoed through the woods. Ferrin figured that the wolves had eventually discovered the corpses. "Well, it's easy game for them." Said Ferrin with a smirk creasing over his face. The only decision that Ferrin contemplated on was whether his smirk meant for it to be good, good because they've made it out alive, or good because there was one less problem to deal with.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Reflection on January 7th, 2017, 2:09 am

If you have any questions PM me.

Ferrin
XP
  • Observation 2
  • Subterfuge 1
  • Shield 1
  • Short Broadsword 2
Lores
  • The Woods Make Me Nervous
  • Ser Xervos: A Knight in the Syliran Order
  • Saga Otor: A Mage-Knight
  • Ser Xervos: My Uncle
  • Self: Staying Focused on Task to Ensure Safety
  • Saga: A Magic Wielder
  • Shield: Your First Line of Defense
  • Broad Shortsword: The Handle is a Weapon Too
  • Event: An Overturned Wagon
Miscellaneous Shield Points 3
Secret :
Note: Ferrin please work on making your CS easier to read. There is a lot of broken codes and several different places things are located (Ex. threads). You've not documented any of your Sheild Points which is a requirement as a Squire. Do you not have any Shield Points that have been awarded? If so, this need to be documented. Also, you have two different locations for your Thread list, please delete the one that is not being used.

Note: Please remember that I can't award Ferrin any skills or lore if he is not the one doing the actions. Ser Xevros is a guide for your Squire, don't let him take over Ferin's story.

Saga
XP
  • Riding 1
  • Observation 1
  • Planning 1
  • Tactics 1
  • Tracking 1
  • Reimancy 2
  • Katana 1
Lores
  • Using Luminance to Calm Red
  • Ferrin Al'Mandrikan: A Squire
  • Ser Xervos: A Knight in the Syliran Order
  • Ferin and Ser Xervos are Related
  • Event: An Overturned Wagon
  • Reimancy: Drawing Res for Defense
  • Reimancy: Res formed into Fire
MiscellaneousShield Points 3
Secret :
Note: I do not show that your PC has learned what Ekeldi is or that it is a language of his. How would he know what this is or how to speak with it.

Enjoy your grade! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Signature courtesy of Prophet

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Words: 88001
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Previous