Presenting!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Presenting!

Postby Kahll on August 10th, 2016, 8:52 am

Let me introduce you to Kahll Von Kliv Am Agam, Son of Doness whose father was Sigurd.

I spent some time checking things, and I decided to give this a shot. I'm excited!

I know this is an introduction to me, and the sheet should introduce a character, but the role I envisioned for Kahll seems a bit too hostile not to ease people into it properly. You see, I want him to be an antimage (or whatever the word for that would be). There's a few directions I could go with that, but what I think he'd mind the most would be the chaotic nature of personal magic. So for someone to actually be able to find magic users, he'd probably need auristics. But I have trouble seeing him pick up any other discipline of personal magic, save perhaps for familiary - and even that would have to be really worked on to be sensible.

That being said, I don't think he'd need to be violent at all for his endgame, but it might start out that way. If the goal is an environment scoured clean of magic, then it would be much more efficient to direct such an effort than to be one. Still, that would require allies and resources a new character would just never have, and that's something for me to think on.

The most important notion to get across here is that I don't really play happy go lucky characters. This one will be quite unpleasant to magic users, cause he hates them. Still to beat your opponent, you have to be your opponent, and therein lies his hypocrisy. And that's something every good character should have a measure of to be believable. These people are dangerous - so you don't take them head on. You suspect things, and then you find out you're right. But you're powerless in their wake, so you can't fight them as directly as you might desire. I don't want this character to be a thug, I want him to be a social representation of a strong, anti-magic, sentiment.

He'll be starting off as a human mostly because I think it'll be easiest for me to work with that. This way I won't step on any racial toes I think I understand way better than I actually do. And they're everywhere - so it's way easier to pick out a starting place.

All that being said tho, I'm a really friendly person. So hit me up if you're up for joining the crusade - or opposing it even!

I'm looking forward to my time here. :)
Kahll
Player

Words: 30889
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2016, 8:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Presenting!

Postby Aladari Coolwater on August 13th, 2016, 5:26 am

Welcome!

First of all, if you ever have any questions, please know that my PM box is open, and CHAT is full of friendly faces. Anything you need, someone around here can help you out.

Now that that's out of the way...I really enjoy your character concept. I think it sounds fun to play, and fun to write with. If you're deciding where to start still, Sunberth may be a good place, as they have a naural hatred and distrust of mages within the city, and would probably enjoy it if you took a few of them out. Also I am there and want to write with you.

Whatever you choose, I hope you have fun. :)
-Al
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Presenting!

Postby Kahll on August 13th, 2016, 10:38 am

Hey there!

I've been reading up on stuff since that post. And truth be told, there's so much stuff I never expected to find. Still, out of the open areas - Alvadas and Sunberth would indeed fit best. Now I'll have to look over everything once more to decide on a tie-breaker. And I know those two are vastly different, but both cater to what I want to do in their own way.

Also, I completely forgot about seasonal expenses while researching. And I don't think I'll have enough time to arrange a job and play it out well too. So I know you can cash in your housing, but I dislike the IC factor of it. Still, with my current time constraints it seems like the best solution mechanically. So, since you're from Sunberth, I'd like to know how would renting a roof over your head work there?

Oh, and one more, I am interested in gadgeteering, but I'm not sure if I'm competent enough to write it in a fun way, or any way at all. Is there a PC that actively does it that I could draw inspiration from?

...and I just now remembered the chat and inbox tags. :D

Still, thanks. I'll nudge someone about everything I can't find on my own.
Kahll
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Presenting!

Postby Aladari Coolwater on August 13th, 2016, 4:57 pm

[left]As far as seasonal expenses go, it really depends on where you go. If you went to Sunberth, there isn't an active ST that is capable of granting you a job. There is a Tent City in which PC's without homes live in a big encampment. It's much cheaper than renting a room at an inn everyday, although less safe.

However, in Alvadas, there is an ST able to grant jobs and wages, and so you could probably get a job relatively quickly. There are a few inns in Alvadas to rent in, and I believe they typically run 2 or 4 silvers per day (a couple gold per season).

You also have the option of starting your job threads this season, and finishing them to turn in next season. Being one season behind isn't too bad.

As far as Gadgeteering, the only ones I can think of off of the top of my head are Shimoje and Ornea, but they both have several threads focused on Gadgeteering, and it should be enough to give you a general idea of the skill.

If you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask. :)
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Presenting!

Postby Shimoje on August 14th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Gadgeteering is one of the harder skills in mizahar to learn both ooc and ic. I do have extensive knowledge into it like what Aldari had suggested but don't expect to learn everything without putting prior research into specific fields. To create gadgets and likewise you have to be rewarded lores and have extensive study into how things work here in mizahar. Your character won't ever be able to just create things back to back to pump out items or gm.

Until you get a lab you will need extensive amounts of tools to work with and the proper skills to make what you want. Some go the route of wood working first and some go straight to metal. Almost all creations will require posts of making drafts and drawing out plans before actually building what it is they are looking to create.

Paired with other skills Gadgeteering is very versatile.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Presenting!

Postby Kahll on August 14th, 2016, 4:53 pm

Oh, hey to you too!

In the meantime, I've pretty much made my mind up on Alvadas. I've spoken with Kaleidoscope and they said that gadgeteering could work in the city. Also, I'm pretty sure it'd be wisest to start up at season change now, just to keep things orderly. That gives me plenty of time to set up everything. Maybe I could even look into a starting gnosis or something. I was planning to skip that before, maybe I shouldn't. Avalis actually sounds quite fascinating, but it'll take some thought as to how would one get a goddess's attention.

Any of you two ever had some characters wandering near Alvadas or...hmm, this would take some thought, but I could reasonably see my character having visited Kenash, Riverfall and Syliras in the past. Their proximity wouldn't constrain travel too much and they're all reachable by boat, so there's that. :D
Kahll
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets