Dawnwhisper Meet Firestone (Naiya)

A bargain occurs and small talk engages

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Brocton Firestone on November 6th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Broctons theigh twinged a bit as he waited for the trade to conclude. Of course, he wanted it to be fair and equal between his Pavillion and Naiya, seeing as she's busy taking care of Shai as well, things look like they can get a bit out of hand, and that would be quite stressful. Brocton didn't realize how hard taking care if a babe would actually be, he wondered if he ever could have one of his own.

De'anu nodded when Naiya signed, agreement, it gave Brocton some encouragement. Brocton looked up as Naiya spoke.

"The elk and deer to make you clothing, and continued help hunting through this season and next."

It seemed suitable, and by any means it would mostly be he and Jinr' who would go out to hunt for the Firestone Pavilion.

"Brocton," Naiya said, the blonde looked up and his self thoughts subsided for a moment as he listened to Naiya. "It is difficult for me to hunt with my son,"

Brocton nodded, for the most part he understood when Naiya signed loud cries, scare prey. Of course, plus it would be very dangerous for a little one to go out hunting, espc when they can be so vulnerable.

"However I can set snares in the day time, once prey has fled the city. If you come with me, then you can check the traps in the evening and in the mornings. We can split what we catch."

"Yes, seems like a good plan. It will benefit greatly. I just hope we catch enough before winter hits." Brocton said simply, he glanced at Shai, smiling, he then glanced back at his mother.

"It seems good to me." De'anu said. "Let me go fetch you our finest deer and elk that's already prepared. Thanks to husband, he is so great." De'anu called out cheerfully and hurried over to speak some words with Titus while he continued to skin more deer.

Agreement. Brocton signed responding to her finality De'anu came back carrying the supplied amount of meats from Titus and bagged them up for Naiya so it'd be easier to carry. Pleasure. She signed as Naiya started with gratitude and Brocton nodded.

future meetings, the Dawnwhisper signed and Brocton signed indeed, at least they have some sort of cooperation now.

"If you could bring me measurements and color choices for your family, I can purchase the cloth and begin to work right away."

"Yes definitely, I'll ask for measurements and hand them to you on the morrow." The blonde agreed. "Yes, I'll see to your Pavilion marked with your symbol. Got it." Brocton noted and signed, thanks.

No inquiry, "I'll meet with you tomorrow, is that okay?"

BROCTON FIRESTONE
Brocton Firestone
Player

Words: 100439
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2016, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Naiya on November 10th, 2016, 7:26 pm

Naiya hesitated, she had told herself she would hesitate no longer, haggle no more, but prepared meats would be far too expensive. She gave an internal sigh, but began to speak again.

"Preserved meat is very expensive, and you would be taking it from stores of your own food. I am happy to take the animal and butcher them myself." She told them, and with a realization of a second excuse she continued. "Besides I have no way to carry such a load today," wuepo here, horse not here. She shifted pulling the cloth off her bosu to let it cool again only to find it was nearly dry now. She frowned, but moved on. "You can bring the animals to my pavilion at your leisure, we can prepare the meat at home."

She wiped sweat from where it gathered on her brow, and then nodded at Brocton. Tomorrow she asserted. That would do, and she would be less irritated after some sleep.

With her business completed, she bid them both Fair well and took her leave, weaving a path much more quickly through the city where her family waited at home.

-----------

Naiya space Pavi | Common | Tukant
other space Pavi | Common | Tukant
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Khida on December 10th, 2016, 7:44 am

Brocton Firestone

Skill Points
Observation +2
Socialization +2
  • Dawnwhisper Pavilion: associated with the Amethyst Clan
  • Endrykas location: Dawnwhisper Pavilion
  • Finer wool is more comfortable
  • Hunting: difficult with children
  • Naiya Dawnwhisper: a new mother
  • Naiya Dawnwhisper: seamstress, hunter, cheesemaker
  • Shai Dawnwhisper: son of Naiya
  • Socialization: formality has its place
  • Socialization: a simple greeting
  • Wool protects against cold better than cotton

Unfortunately, there wasn't much I could find to award you here, because De'anu did all the heavy lifting in the negotiation, and I didn't even see that Brocton was taking in and absorbing lessons from the back and forth. Do please PM me if you think I overlooked anything, though!

Also, please clarify your seasonal expense deductions. So far as I can tell, you need to pay for all of Spring, Summer, and Fall 516, but I only see one entry in your ledger, and I don't know what season it applies to. It's generally a good idea to separate each seasonal deduction and include the year so graders can easily verify that you're up to date.

Naiya Dawnwhisper

Skill Points
Childcare +2
Cooking +2
Etiquette +1
Negotiation +5
Persuasion +3
Planning +1
Rhetoric +4
  • Brocton Firestone: hunter
  • Brocton Firestone: intrigued by small children
  • Childcare: cooling with damp cloth
  • Childcare: walking to calm a child into sleep
  • Cooking: curdling milk
  • Cooking: herbed cheese
  • Cooking: working fresh cheese to smooth texture
  • Cotton clothes protect poorly against cold
  • De'anu Firestone: mother of two
  • Endrykas location: Firestone Pavilion
  • Etiquette: respect towards elders
  • Firestone Pavilion: hunters in the Emerald Clan
  • Negotiation: addressing needs of both parties
  • Negotiation: balancing relative values of goods
  • Negotiation: she who wearies first, yields
  • Persuasion: presenting justifications
  • Rhetoric: a reasoned purpose
  • Socialization: fellow Drykas deserve a fair deal

Please remember to deduct Fall 516 expenses from your ledger.

Notes

Naiya had such an uphill battle in this negotiation! It was fun to read, although I would have liked to have seen Brocton take a greater role in the affair. Seems like he'll definitely benefit from the impetus to get out and engage more. ;)

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade. Also, Brocton, please edit your request to show this thread has been graded.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)