[Featured thread] The Darkest Corners (Madeira)

Upon exploring an abandoned house, Ssanya discovered a skeleton corpse and something else besides.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

The Darkest Corners (Madeira)

Postby Allassanachassanya on December 18th, 2016, 4:08 pm

She rooted through the loose sheets, looking for something readable. A letter, written on crisp white paper, with blue ink was a letter from 'Anta' to Catherine. Anta seemed to be one of her friends, much like the others that littered the floor. Ssanya read over the letter, eyes scanning slowly across the scribbled text. Something about their youth. With surprise, she realised Anta missed Catherine greatly. She wondered then, why her seemingly many friends hadn't realised or noticed she was now dead. Why none had come to visit, when they had heard of her split from her undoubtedly shyke husband. Perhaps they didn't know...

Stuck musing, Maddy startled her when she suddenly shot to her feet. Dropping the letter and the others sprinkled across her lap, she quickly joined her, agreeing wholeheartedly with Maddy's exclamation. Soon, they were both stood, and Ssanya felt a slight trembling in her hands as she waited with excitement for Catherine's return. In reality, although she knew that the woman wasn't as scary as all that now, she was still an avenging spirit, who had seen fit to possess Ssanya as easily as she had offered no resistance at all. But she swallowed, and strengthened her resolve. With startling clarity, she realised she trusted Maddy.

"Ssso. Iss there anything I sshould do? I do not think Catherine isss happy to sssee me lasst time. I want to asssk her about her bonesss, her remainss. But it iss important to find out about Mr Alaxender." She finished, "I will go out of the way. Let you do your job." The corner she found was cast in shadow, next to the door. She walked over, casting her eyes around to make sure there wasn't anything dangerous nearby. If Catherine decided to possess her again, she didn't want to end up spiked on something whilst out of control of her body. That, well... that would not be so good.

The excitement was gathering closer again, bunching her gut into tight spirals. Half of her wanted to go back down to the room below, to start preparing Catherine's body. But again, patience held her back. She did not want to cause Catherine any more reason to hate her. In her eyes it seemed she was already labelled as a 'little slut'. She frowned, and hoped the ghostly woman would cease to think so after whatever Maddy did. She was also very intrigued to see what Maddy did to prepare herself. She had mentioned that Catherine was going to have a talk with 'Mr Alaxender'. How on earth was she going to pretend to be him? She only had his name, no description of what he looked like. She frowned again. Let's see.

OOCHey! Sorry, the content is a bit sparse. I figured Mads would be doing the actual ghost-summoning. :)
All 's' sounds are hissed in Ssanya's speech.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya
Sifting through the bones

Words: 232144
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on December 27th, 2016, 11:57 pm

Title
Date
hour

Madeira watched Chassa retreat into a shadowy corner of the room. She was half surprised the woman didn't flee, seeing as how the ghost had marked her for possession the moment they met. But the other half of her was already aware that this Chassa was made of tougher stuff.

"Don't worry, I'm going to make sure you get a chance to ask about the bones." Madeira nodded. It was the least she could do after the shykstorm of an exorcism. "Now wait right there, I'll be back."

With that the Spiritualist all but but sprinted from the room. She passed the long hall, the dangerous bloodstained stairs and the rotting foyer as if she did so every day. Her blood was still boiling in rage, and her mind still hummed with the unexpected revelation of the tiny brown Malecator. Between the two she tried to wrangle her focus. The job was not done yet.

The front door was still warped hopelessly in it's frame, so she was forced to climb out the window for the second time that day. Though with somehow less luck than the last time. With a ripping sound and a flash of pain, Madeira toppled over the sill sporting a newly torn sleeve cuff and a laceration across her palm. She swallowed the fervent desire to curse and got to her feet.

On the front porch where she left it, her old leather rucksak sat alone and almost forgotten. She unloaded her crossbow and stowed it back inside, and from deeper in it's depths she pulled out a jar with a single black doughball sticking to the bottom. She fished the morsel out and popped the thing into her mouth, then clasped her lips around her scratched palm and sucked hard, drawing fresh blood into the mix as she chewed.

She took the jar with her as she returned to the mansions master bedroom. She forced herself to walk with a calm and deliberate pace this time, her focus centred around the soulmist brewing between her teeth. She furrowed her brow, pushing away thoughts of Catherine and Chassa and gods-damned Lester Harman as she climbed the rickety stairs.

Finally she breezed back into the bedroom clutching a glass jar and a sense of furious purpose. She brought the jar to her lips and a stream of misty, off-white finished soulmist streamed out of her mouth to coil languidly at the bottom.

She took one final second to make sure Chassa was still ok in her corner, before setting the jar of soulmist down in the centre of the room and stepping back a few paces.

No ghost could resist the lure of soulmist. Even soulmist of dubious quality that is all the young Craven ward could offer. Nothing happened at first, but Madeira just stood there with her hands on her hips, staring at the jar without a hint of impatience. Then, after several chimes of silence, the soulmist seemed to drain away and vanish. The Spiritualist smiled. After absorbing the soulmist, Catherine would have gotten much of her strength back. Hopefully now she could speak and show herself.

"Catherine, can I talk with you a moment-"

There was a familiar feeling of revulsion and numbness as Catherine forced her way into her body. The takeover was clumsy and frantic. Madeira was once again struck by the fact that this woman was so new to her unlife. If things went badly now, it could turn her few months into centuries of unrest. The thought left Madeira cold.

Before Catherine could finish her possession, the Spiritualist locked herself in place.

I am stone. You can not move a stone. she chanted her old mantra in her mind as a way to focus herself in her body. The battle of wills took several ticks, before Catherine conceded defeat and leeched herself from Madeira's limbs.

Madeira took a deep breath and cracked her knuckles to bring feeling back to her bones.

"I know you're angry! Please, let us explain. I'm unarmed." she showed her hands, palm out, in the universal sign of surrender. "I think I know what happened to you. Can we talk?"

The room dropped in temperature as the ghost made her hesitant appearance. Her figure was mostly transparent, lacking in all colour. Her edges bled into the light streaming from the one warped window. She was putting absolutely no effort into her materialization. She did not trust them.

Madeira gave her a polite, congenial smile. "Thank you very much."

"You broke into my house." Catherine interrupted. She clutched the front of her nightdress, obviously distressed. Even in her colourless, incomplete form she seemed close to tears. "Where's Lester? Where's my husband? Why did you shoot me?”

Because you attacked us! Madeira wanted to snarl at her.

“I know, I know, I'm sorry.” she lowered her voice instead so as not to agitate her. Where was Lester, indeed. "We're here because your friends were worried about you", she lied smoothly. "They thought something happened to you."

At that she started to cry in earnest. Without tears or the breath with which to sob, the ghost was simply wracked with spasm, her voice turned soft and shaky. At least this was better than her anger. But she had already learned that this woman could turn meek to vicious at the drop of a hat.

"Joy, Marie, Karen... oh, I turned them all away. I couldn’t bear them speaking ill of my husband…”

Madeira twitched hard, though she maintained the effort to keep her calm and pleasant smile in place. She couldn’t stand to have the ghost being gentle to Lester. But it wasn’t time to reveal the ugly truth just yet.

“Catherine, if we find out who killed you, would you pass on to your next life?” Madeira ventured, watching for further signs of agitation at the mention of her death.

“I know who killed me.” the ghost said casually, twisting her nightdress between her fingers. She didn’t notice the spasm of shock that played over Madeira’s face. “It was the man who was hired to fix the rot. He… he…” Her hand fluttered near her throat, her eyes wide.

“Oh… I see.” Madeira swallowed. “Then why wont you move on to your next life?”

“I can’t leave my poor husband behind. He’s been so distressed since my death. So scared, so sullen. He locks himself in his house for days at a time. He avoids me most avidly. He feels so much guilt, for having not treated me better in life.” she rationalized with misty eyes.

She really was delusional, Madeira realized. Thoughts of giving Catherine the Lie about Alexander evaporated. She already knew who her killer was, she just didn’t care. Well, she didn’t care when it was a random house inspector. When it turns out her beloved husband was the perpetrator…

“You’re absolutely right, Catherine. You must console him in his grief. My partner and I,” she motioned for Chassa to come out of the corner and join her in the centre of the room. “Are going to speak to the Speakers about this atrocity. You and Lester both deserve some closure. And please tell you husband that Ms.Craven thanks him for his co-operation into this matter. And justice will be dealt most grievously to your murderer.” she added bitterly.

She decided that she couldn’t tell Catherine the truth. If she did, the already emotionally unstable ghost might kill the man, and anyone foolish enough to get in her way. And as satisfying as that would be, the more responsible thing to do would be to tell the Speakers. She could learn the truth at his trial, where Madeira would make sure herself or a more powerful Craven would be present to contain her. Hopefully her rage would be sated at his public punishment, and she could move on peacefully.

“But before you go to him, my partner has something to ask you. She worked very hard with me and Lester to investigate your murder.” she said pointedly, giving a reason for her to be in the same room as her husband without her being labeled a ‘slut’ again.
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Allassanachassanya on January 16th, 2017, 10:11 pm

It was a only a short amount of time that Maddy left the room and then returned. The blonde-haired woman was a bit of a mystery, something akin to a calm whirlwind, if such a thing existed. Simultaneously frantic and then suddenly calm. Ssanya watched with curious excitement as Maddy prepared herself upon re-entering the room. She watched with bated breath as the woman confronted the ghost, at the conversation they shared.

Catherine was a wreck of a person, but Ssanya couldn't help but notice her beauty. She was fragile, that much was obvious in the transparency of her very being, and in her clearly distressed mental state. Ssanya frowned, dark brows spiked as she ran an absent hand through her hair. It was so very important to see what kind of person she was. She mentally thanked Maddy for her part in encouraging the ghostly woman to speak, and then her eyes widened and she straightened as the woman turned her attention to her and beckoned her over.

Partner. An interesting term for someone she'd just met, but it seemed to fit. She nodded and then turned her attention to the ghost fully. Despite knowing (mostly) that Catherine wouldn't possess her again, Ssanya couldn't help but feel her stomach drop with anticipation and dread as she faced her. She swallowed hard, but then gathered her confidence around her like the scarf that wound around her neck. "Catherine, I am ssssorry for what happened to you. I'm sssory that we had a misssundersstanding, at beginning."

The woman flickered, looking wary. But she was listening, and so she continued as slowly as she figured she could get away with. It was important that she understood her intentions, so so important. Ssanya ground a thumb into her temple. "Catherine, I have a favour to asssk. A blesssing, I hope. Below, downssstairs, you have left your body. Your bonesss. Now that you are asss you are, a ssspirit," She shrugged, "Your bonesss can ssstill live on. If I could have your permisssion, I can create sssomething from you. You... aah, you can be a sssomething. Maybe I make a hairbrush, or..." She broke off, her mind a whirlwind of thoughts and ideas.

Catherine though was a whirlwind of another kind, and the room took a sudden dip in temperature before rising back to it's original lukewarm state. "You would make something from me, Dhani? I can't... that's my body! You can't violate it. What would they bury, what would Lester mourn?" She flickered forwards and Ssanya visibly recoiled, horror pasted on her face as Catherine's porcelain features appeared just centimeters from her own, laced with suspicion and the fluttering of anxiety in the ghost's surprisingly clear eyes. But she stumbled over her speech, trying desperately to make the ghost understand. "No, no no, Catherine... no violate. I ressspect! I promissse. I treat your body with every ressspect a woman ssuch as yourssself desservesss. I can make sssomething that represssents you, sssomething..."

She strode over to the ex-person's dressing table, noticing something glimmering there. She was a woman of taste, with a cluster of pearl necklaces curled in a heap. There was also a neat display of earrings, of all different shapes and sizes, all elegant. She held one set up, and the ghost drifted closer, looking wistful. "Lester got those for me, years ago. They're my second favourite pair, but my favourites, they... they were broken when I was killed." She was matter-of-fact, but Ssanya latched onto the ghost's memory. "I can... I can make earringsss. I can place your esssence in sssomething beautiful, and you will live forever, in a way. Will you let me, Catherine? I will not, if you do not want me. But if you do... you can be beautiful forever. Lessster could have them, as a reminder." As if.

Ssanya was desperate now. This was an opportunity that she might not get again for a while. It was almost unbelievable. Her mother probably wouldn't understand why she needed to get the permission from the one that was already dead. "She's dead, Allassanachassanya, she doesn't get a choice anymore." She could almost hear her mother's voice, and she smiled at the memories of her. But the ferocity of the Dhani race was muted in her so far from the nest, and Ssanya was her own person. She did things her way. This, apparently, was her way.

And her way paid off. The ghost was even paler now, if that was possible. She nodded, and whispered a quiet, "Yes, for Lester", so quiet that Ssanya almost didn't hear it. But she did, and she fought the desire to burst into laughter, instead inclining her head graciously. "Thank you, Catherine. I will not take you for granted. I promissse."
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on January 19th, 2017, 7:52 pm

The Darkest Corners
21st of Fall, 516
12th bell

Madeira didn't presume to interfere, even when Catherine blinked to Chassa and the woman recoiled in obvious fear. Chassa was still holding her own, and Madeira was ready to trust her to do this by herself. Her plea was elegant, even if her common was butchered. Madeira lifted a brow at the way she gently steered the ghost into nostalgia, and used the ghost's wistful memory to further her cause. This woman was amazing, she caught herself thinking. She understood how Catherine would want to be remembered, and knew how beholden ghosts were to the past. Even through her fear and the 'handicap' of her respect and morality, she was playing the entire situation like a fiddle.

When she finally got the ghost's permission, Madeira sighed internally. This was it. This was everything they came for. It started with Chassa's curiosity and a liar in a velvet room. Now Madeira had to go to the Speakers and tell them the story of Catherine Harman, and how she loved her husband, and how her husband loved his greed. Hopefully when all this was over Catherine could move on and get the rest she deserved. 

"Catherine", the blonde called gently to turn the poor, fragile creature's attention her way. "Go to Lester now. And remember to give him that message from me, ok? We will get justice for your murder, I promise." And she promised herself that she would be in the crowd to watch Mr.Harman pay for his crimes.

The ghost nodded silently, looking pale and drawn. With a last look at both of them, she faded and disappeared into the dust swirling in the light from the warped window. After a moment the room's temperature settled, and the drapes on the bed creaked and settled in the breeze of her departure. 

There was a chime of silence before Madeira pursed her lips and let out a low whistle.

"Well, that went better than expected." She turned to her companion and held out a hand to shake with a smile. "Hello, my name is Madeira Craven, and I am very impressed with you. You have enough silver and bullshit on your tounge to make yourself a fine Spiritist." she laughed. "Nobody seems to understand that what we do is ten percent magic and ninety percent talking."

She took one last look around the room, from the mess they made on the floor and the desk, to the rotting, sagging bed where Catherine Harman was murdered in her sleep. Just being in the presence of such a horrific crime made her feel dirty. She motioned to the door.

"Shall we collect your prize? Do you really mean to make earrings out of her?"
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Allassanachassanya on January 21st, 2017, 6:10 pm

It was with a cocktail of profound relief, curious sadness, and jubilant excitement that Ssanya watched as the incorporeal remains of Catherine left the room. Like a sigh leaving the body, the room sunk back to a semblance of normality and brightened like the sun as Maddy..- Madeira smiled and took Ssanya's hand to shake. The snake-woman grinned, brief but genuine as she replied. "And I'm Allassanachassanya, daughter of Tshashallassana of the Eyktol Nest. Mossst call me Ssanya." She shrugged at the woman's remarks, feeling unqualified to brag. "My heart... isss beating a lot. That wasss luck, nothing more. As for earrings? I, well, it isss sssomething to consssider." Ssanya tilted her head thoughtfully and started to walk back down the stairs. "She wass a remarkable woman, no?"

The house still maintained an aura of mystery, but it was less steeped in fear now, for Ssanya at least. She knelt on the floor next to Catherine's bones, and imagined what she would have been like in the flesh. It was beyond an honour to be given this reward, and she thanked the departed ghost profusely in her head, over and over as she started gently assessing the body. She didn't want to take more than she needed. Catherine wished for dignity, and Ssanya was unwilling to take that away from her. Respect for the dead was an unconscious thought, at that time. Only later would Ssanya realise that this was the first human body she had treated in this manner. Her life of wandering since Eyktol had changed her, in the most subtle of ways.

With a stiff beckoning motion of her hand, she asked for Madeira's help in pulling the body away from the wall and resting her on her back on the floor. Catherine's skeleton was just that: a skeleton. Barely any flesh was left on her corpse, perhaps eaten away by something. Skittering claw marks showed in patches. Perhaps a rat. Ssanya frowned, but carried on her assessment. With the gentlest of movements, she began to peel away the rotten clothes. Her bones were the same as any other human's, she thought, pale underneath it all. It looked like she had never broken a bone though. Ssanya thought of the numerous breakages she'd had throughout her life, and idly imagined the fractures like cracks in the dried mud of the desert oases.

Her attention however, was mostly drawn to the woman's skull. Skulls were important things. It was where the brain was, where everything happened: talking, hearing, tasting, experiencing. From what Catherine had experienced in her life, the skull would surely provide an effect, although what kind Ssanya couldn't say right now. The rest of her body was average human female size. She couldn't name any of it, apart from the obvious, such as leg bones and finger bones. The barest strips of tendon held her together, and Ssanya held her scarf to her nose as she uncovered part of the woman's clothes which covered a mess of flesh, all rotted, all stinking as Hai.

She muttered through her scarf at Madeira, glancing sideways to look at the woman, hoping she wasn't squeamish. Although, she's more competent at this kind of thing than I am, probably. "Sssorry for sssmell. Isss there sssomething you think I should make?" She rocked back onto her heels, pulling away from the body for a moment. She wanted to discuss it with her, because it was the rarest occasion that she was allowed to freely talk about it, with someone that was as invested in death and the matters of Dira as herself.

"I sssaid earrings to her, because well," she laughed, "It wasss all I could think, in, aah... the deserted moment, at the time." She interspersed her common with the snake-tongue phrase, the sudden hissing as natural as breathing. Gods, but she wished she was better at the common tongue. "I sssee her ssskull, it isss whole, very sssymbolic. Where ssspeech and lisstening happenss. Then there isss her hand, her hand bonesss. She is beautiful woman? She value her handss. Or, her," Common failed her, and Ssanya gestured to her own collar-bone, then to her ribs. "Where heart liesss. She iss an emotional persson, sso where heart iss sstored isss full of meaning, too. She lovesss her hussband much, too. Love comesss from the heart."

Ssanya touched the woman's collarbone, a gentle touch, feeling the connection with her fingers and the bone thoroughly. Yes, love. Catherine was misguided in her affections for her husband, but it seemed that was what drove her forwards. She clearly felt things keenly. Ssanya vividly remembered her reaction, and remembered her impassioned screech of 'slut!'. She couldn't maledict her actual heart, as it was merely a few clinging scraps of wasted flesh. But she could maledict those ribs, or the collar-bone. Head or heart. With a sudden jerk of movement, Ssanya whipped her head up enthusiastically. "You want to learn, Madeira? We take both, ssskull and thesse..." She gestured to the ribs encasing the heart. "Then meet later? I need my equipment, ssssee."
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on January 24th, 2017, 4:33 am

The Darkest Corners
21st of Fall, 516
12th Bell

Madeira followed Sanya's direction as the two handled the corpse; first laying her on her back, then unlacing her dress to expose what was left of her earthly remains. She blinked back tears and pulled the neck of her dress over her nose as the smell wafted over them. Gaggingly sweet and heavy, the smell of gummed fluids and rot. What beauty Catherine had in life was long gone, she mused sadly.

But even as they worked she realized that wasn't true. The beauty was in the spirit, the body was just a vessel. The soul kept the meat fresh, only to shed it at a moments notice to enter the cycle once again. Catherine's beauty began and ended at the love and loyalty of her soul.

Sanya caught her eye over the purple scarf that covered her nose and mouth, and Madeira could almost see the thoughts whirling through her head like she was made of soulmist. She was looking at the body like a blank canvas, she realized. She's taking her apart and putting her together in her head in new ways.

The tiny woman rocked back of her heels and spoke through her scarf, and the Spiritist had to stop what she was doing and strain herself to hear the meaning of her words behind the thick accent, sibilant speech and layers of cloth.

"Damnit, Sssanya, one day I'm going to hunt you down and take you to the library", she vowed with exasperation. "If you must keep that accent, and insist on talking with your tongue in your teeth, you need to learn some better Common so people understand you."

She dusted her hands on the knees of her blue dress and sat back on her heels herself. The Dani woman wanted her opinion on what to do with the gift Catherine left them, and she didn't want to speak without truly considering the meaning. She tried to see the corpse as Sanya would; as a Maledictor would. The way she spoke made Madeira think that everything used had to have significance.

"Well," she began, speaking carefully, "I'd say her love and her loyalty is what made her so remarkable. Perhaps you use her ribs or the dome of her skull" she motioned to the dry, yellowish bones the poked like long yellow fingers out of her dissolving flesh, "to make a necklace or a brooch. Something that sits close to the heart" she hovered her hand over the left side of her own chest to reiterate. She had absolutely no idea if what you made was as important as how you made it. But it seemed fitting. "Or with some whittling her ribs could make a ring. A lot of people give rings as a sign of loyalty after receiving their Cheva mark."

The head had been removed from the body by the weight on the rope around her neck, but Madeira replaced it on top of her shoulders as if to see the whole picture. The head was eyeless, and by the weight Madeira guessed it was empty, though she wasn't sure she had the stomach fortification necessary to check. But it was still covered thin, leathery skin drawn tight over the bones, and a scalp of rich brown hair. She remembered the way Catherine had bent to fix it's hair when she thought Lester had come calling. It was obviously a feature of herself she cared a great deal about. Her lips and gums had withered away, baring a grisly sort of smile, and her eyelids had retracted to show the gleam of yellowish bone in the socket. Madeira made the effort to close her empty eyes and tuck away a few flyaways of her long hair.   

Suddenly with a jerk of movement that nearly caused Madeira to yip in surprise (gods, she was fast) the little brown woman asked if she wanted to learn the art of Malediction herself. 

"You want to... teach me?" she breathed, her pale eyes big and round. "Yes. Oh gods yes. That's brilliant." A new magic. A very dangerous new magic, one her family did not practise and one that would make her a social pariah if the city were to know. But it could be hers, just the same. The thought made her giddy.

"Wait, we need to figure out how you are going to carry her away. Discreetly."

The Spiritist got to her feet and left the dining hall for the sitting room across the foyer. She came back with two mouldy throw pillows. Working her fingers in the seam she ripped the stitching on one side and dumped the cotton batting onto the floor. Then she knelt by Catherine's eyeless, withered head and carefully eased the thing into the homemade bag. She tide the open end in a knot and put it down by Sanya's feet. 

"We'll need somewhere private. To do this.” she mused as she worked on the second pillow. Her first thought was of the Craven manor, with it's vast space, empty rooms and wealth of books on death and magic. Where reputation and social power protected the inhabitants from prying eyes. But as unorthodox as her family was, she wasn't sure they'd approve of their youngest ward practising such a barbaric magic as Malediction. Not to mention the Dhani raising a few brows that need not be raised. No, no, that would lead to awkward questions.

"We can practise at my house. It's small, but it's private enough." She opened the drawer that Sanya had found the key in what felt like bells ago. She tore a scrap of paper off a bill and took a partially melted ink stick out of a leaking holder. On the paper she drew a sixteen point star encased in a circle. She handed the paper and empty pillow to Sanya.

"My house is a little stone cottage with a blue door... Usually." she shrugged with the kind of cool acceptance of the bizarre you only find with a native Avalad. "You'll recognize it by this symbol that's carved on the door. Find me when you can." she smiled bitterly. "I have to go to the Wyoming now and tell them about Catherine. So it's best you clear out as fast as you can. I'll think of a story as to why her corpse is missing her head."

There was an awkward moment as she stood there, hands on her hips, standing over the corpse of a headless woman and suddenly at a loss for words.  What a strange day this had been.

"So... Goodbye. And thank you, for your help today. I couldn't have figured this one out without you." she choked out the sentiment, feeling like this didn't somehow encompass the angry ghost, possession, murderous game of connect the dots, and now the practical discussion on where and how exactly they plan to cut up and practise magic over a rotting corpse.
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Chameleon on April 25th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Your Grades Are Here...

Allassanachassanya
Skills...
  • Investigation: 3XP
  • Land Navigation: 1XP
  • Larceny: 1XP
  • Logic: 2XP
  • Observation: 5XP
  • Rhetoric: 2XP
  • Socialisation: 5XP
  • Stealth: 1XP
Lores...
  • Alvadas: Nothing remains stationary
  • Anta: Catharine’s friend
  • Catharine: A ghost
  • Hands: Valued by a beautiful woman
  • Investigation: Examining a dead body
  • Larceny: Breaking in through the window
  • Lester: Strange name for a woman
  • Madeira: A Craven
  • Madeira: A spiritualist
  • Madeira: Called herself “Maddy”
  • Malediction: Have to keep it a secret
  • Possession: What it feels like
  • Ribs: Full of emotion and love
  • Skull: Symbolic for speech and listening
  • The Lie: Changing what a ghost sees
Other...
+Paper with sixteen point star encased in a circle drawn on it
+Pillow case
+Whatever bits and pieces you get from the body

Madeira Craven
Skills...
  • Drawing: 1XP
  • Interrogation: 1XP
  • Investigation: 4XP
  • Logic: 3XP
  • Negotiation: 1XP
  • Observation: 5XP
  • Rhetoric: 1XP
  • Socialisation: 5XP
  • Spiritism: 2XP
  • Weapon; Crossbow: 1XP
  • Writing: 1XP
Lores...
  • Allassanachassanya: Called herself Chassa and Ssanya
  • Catharine: A ghost
  • Ghosts: Not many committed suicide
  • Investigation: Examining a dead body
  • Investigation: Searching through letters
  • Lester: Claims Catharine killed herself
  • Lester: Lied to Madeira
  • Magic: A taboo in Alvadas
  • Malediction: A good soul gives a positive talisman
  • Rings: Sign of loyalty after Cheva mark
  • Soulmist: A lure for ghosts
  • Spriritism: Giving a Lie
  • Spiritism: Using soulmist on arrows
  • Spiritism: Resisting possession
  • Ssanya’s accent: Annoying
  • Ssanya: Maledictor
  • Ssanya: Offered to teach Madeira malediction
  • Ssanya: Wants bones
  • What a dead body looks like
Other...

Comments...
I love this thread! It's really interested, amazingly written and it being three pages long isn't a problem - except that that is far too short, and I want more! I loved seeing Madeira and Ssanya's relationship develop and how they uncovered the mystery of what happened to Catharine. No wonder this was a featured thread.

Hopefully, I've got everything you might want here - but if I don't and missed something off, or if there are any other problems, just send me a PM and I'm more than happy to sort things out for you.

Enjoy Your Grade!...
Chameleon
Retired Staff

Words: 133740
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2017, 5:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous