Open Party for Two

Buckeye and Linie are throwing a party to Laviku, all are invited!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Party for Two

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 18th, 2016, 10:06 pm

Image
Timestamp: 57 Winter 516AV
Location: The beach outside the 'Salty Bastard'




OOCTwo fine bottles of wine are deducted from my ledger at 20 GM


It was nearing dark, the last rays of the sun were shining on the horizon causing the sky to be a light pink and deep purple behind the jungle, respectively, as the sun sets in the west. It was warm, pleasantly so, but the wind blew from the north and chilled any of those who went without a coat. Linie and Buckeye had made a fire using some drift wood and had a fair amount stacked up from the jungle in order to feed the fire later, when it went down. They had a makeshift spit Buckeye had made and were roasting about six fish over top of it as the firepit was rather large. In the background loomed the 'Salty Bastard', floating majestically on the waters watching over the small proceedings of the pair. They were drinking a bottle of fine wine, purchased from James at the Mercantile, and both were already rather drunk as they were about half way done with the first bottle and the alcohol content of the first bottle was rather high. They used no cups, instead drinking the fine wine from the bottle, like a wino.

"Laviku, we call your grace!
From our ship's deck to up in space!
When your waters are still and calm,
our children play and sing you songs.
When your waters are stormy and rough,
we call our women to be real tough.
In the sea or on a boat!
In your waters we love to float!
The sea is our home,
it's where we belong.
Our eyes are blue,
like your waters true..."


And it continued on and on. Buckeye was singing in Fratava and Linie played her flute to his song. His voice was off pitch and boisterous, she played not quite to tune as she was just making it up as she went along. But to those who weren't familiar with the song or language would think that was just how it went, it sounded pleasant despite them playing it very wrong. She didn't know many songs but she did know the lullaby of her people and played an abridged version of it to this song, adding her own flair here and there. They were simply having fun, singing to Laviku.
"It has been a long time since we have hailed Laviku..."
She said to Buckeye in Fratava after the song was done. He grinned at her and clapped her on the back a little bit to hard, causing her to sputter.
"Aye," he said in common, "It be feelin' good!"
It was getting late, so they didn't expect many people to come and join them but if they would stop by they were certainly welcome, if they would sit and listen to Laviku's praises. They only had one bottle of wine left though, but at its alcohol content it would get at least two more people good and drunk. Not quite to the point of slurring too heavily, but just drunk enough that they would be impared on some level.




Made by A. Faircroft
Image

Hello...?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
User avatar
Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor
 
Posts: 97
Words: 60228
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Location: Syka
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Party for Two

Postby Karin on December 19th, 2016, 8:59 pm

Image
.


"It be feelin' good!"

A male voice, mingled with song, made Karin look up from her evening walk as she unwound from the constant building she had been doing. A crackling noise, indicative of a fire, made her stare. Somewhere, yes, in the distance, was the shimmering heat of a bonfire, and the shadows of two figures around it.

Karin had been working hard, all day. She had been for the past few days, every waking moment filled with constantly bubbling thoughts: of houses, of roofs, or how to make a floor, or should there be a door, or or or... Now and then she had taken a break, letting the sunshine wash over her instead of the constant workload she had given herself. Today had been a working day, but she had given up halfway, her feet taking her away from her building site to instead wander across the beaches and the edge of the jungle.

Now, she was returning to her half-built home when her walk had been disturbed by an attractive scene. It was lonely, building a house, even if it was only small. She didn't have or even want help, as she was fiercely independent when it came to things like this. But she couldn't deny that the sight and sound of a roaring fire and pleasant song warmed her to the core of her soul. With a hesitant smile, the woman walked closer. She was unsure if it was a private affair or not. She had seen the two Svefra before, in the distance, always too busy or to apprehensive to approach them of her own accord. Now seemed the perfect opportunity.

She took a breath, and entered the circle of light that was the perimeter of the bonfire. Her eyes had been lingering on the sky, on the beautiful pastels and shimmering, highlighted underside of clouds. Now they were brought back down to the sand, and the people there. A young woman and a man. Karin was wearing her sleeveless grey shirt and brown bunched-up-at-the-bottom trousers. Her feet were growing accustomed to going bare, and so she buried her toes deep into the sand as she spoke up.*In Common.

"Mind if I join?"

-Beautiful boxcode credits go to Aislyn Leavold!


Karin Ironyach
Image

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
User avatar
Karin
Ocean gazing
 
Posts: 588
Words: 390321
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Location: Riverfall/Syka
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Party for Two

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 21st, 2016, 8:49 pm

¤



Linie took another swig from the wine bottle, the contents sliding down her throat and causing a satisfied smack of the lips as a newcomer approached the fire.
"Mind if I join?"
Came a voice sweet and damnably sober.
"Aye! Sit! Have a drink!"
Linie motioned for the woman to sit by her and passed her the almost empty wine bottle.
"Have yer fill, we've another one."
Linie and Buckeye shared a look, then he started singing again in Fratava. A simple song, one about a human man who wanted to marry the Lia but she continued to scorn him. After a couple lines and watching to make sure the newcomer drank, and whether she did or not, Linie would start playing again. This time trying out her own style and it coming out rather nicely, with very little mishaps. There were a few though, a wrong note here, blowing a little too heavily there. It was clear she was a novice, but she had a soul to her that made the playing something special. Her own.

When they were done she turned back to the woman and asked,
"So, do you know about Laviku?"
To Linie it was a silly question but she had met some people on her travels who didn't know the Sea God. She noted the woman's blue eyes now that she was within the firelight, but wasn't sure if she were a Svefra or not. She certainly didn't talk like one. Or perhaps she was never taught the mother language.
'Though, one phrase be a bit to little to be judgin' the way a person speaks.'
Linie thought to herself. Still, she wouldn't ask if she was a Svefra, though something still told her she was. Linie was good at picking out her kind in a crowd. The way they held themselves, their crystalline blue eyes.
"This be a party in his honor. Too long we have been on the seas without abiding by his most fruitful rule, always honor Laviku."

She stood up then and began to dance, swaying her hips as Buckeye brought out his drum. He then played as she got down to the music, stomping her feet with him and throwing her arms up. She went with his tempo and as he could see that he sped up, causing Linie to speed up with him. She grabbed a hold of the newcomers arms now, then realising that she had seen her before. Hadn't she? One of the newcomer's to Syka? Still, she grabbed her arms in an attempt to get her up and dance with her. If she would come up Linie would keep a hold of her arms and sway them in a silly fashion. One that you could see children doing. If not, she would abide by the woman and let go, allowing her to simply sit down and watch. Though Linie really hoped that the newcomer would dance.
"What be your name?"
She asked with a louder tone, trying to speak above Buckeye's drumming. She was still dancing.
"I be Linie and that," she motioned to her compatriot, "be Buckeye."
Image

Hello...?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
User avatar
Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor
 
Posts: 97
Words: 60228
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Location: Syka
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Party for Two

Postby Karin on May 13th, 2017, 10:56 am

Image
.
.
.

Karin blinked in the flickering glow of the bonfire, and took the bottle that was hastily thrust her way. She held it awkwardly for a moment and then took a quick drink, feeling the alcohol warming her throat. Then she sat, nestling the bottle in the sand so it didn't fall over, and watched the two strangers. It was a remarkably comfortable experience, despite her hesitance over meeting strangers. They sang drunkenly in a language that she recognised, but didn't understand. It was the language of her childhood, and this was a scene straight from her memories.

Had she found Svefra? She blinked, feeling a curious prick in her eye. She stood and wiped her face with her tank top as the sand-haired woman approached and asked her with a lilting voice whether she knew Laviku. She nodded, and took another sip from the bottle before smiling with cracked lips. "Yes, I know Laviku. Well, know of Laviku." She broke off, and was about to tilt her left arm towards the woman, but she danced off and began another tune, leaving Karin to stand and watch with a half-smile crisscrossing her face.

That same smile then widened as the feisty woman approached, and took her arms in a dance. Then she laughed, a happy, free sound that surprised her in its honesty. Karin the naive, Karin the antisocial, Karin the Svefra, was enjoying herself. She was still holding onto the now empty bottle, but she threw it carefully to the periphery of the party and swayed without much grace in a dance, her arms still held by the woman who introduced herself as Linie.

"I'm Karin. Do you live here? Are you Svefra?"

OOC :
Sorry it's kinda short. :/


-Beautiful boxcode credits go to Aislyn Leavold!


Karin Ironyach
[/indent]
Image

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
User avatar
Karin
Ocean gazing
 
Posts: 588
Words: 390321
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Location: Riverfall/Syka
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests