It's what you don't see. (Phira)

A promised second meet up between Alex and Phira

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 8th, 2017, 4:52 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

The reaction he got wasn’t what he’d fully expected. Though it became clear very quickly what was absorbing the damage or at least blocking the pain signals. The adrenaline. The sweat on her brow and then the sudden shapr jolt after the fact was what told him this. He lifted his swords once more. Rolling them around his arms and cutting the air between them.

As she went in for her second barrage of strikes he stepped back, only a half-step but enough to show her the downside of what he’d said Slipping just out of her reach.
“When you keep things more compact you sacrifice range.” He spoke with a harder tone but meaningful, like he wasn’t ordering her to do anything but rather giving the advice with a stern word. “So you need to choose the time to open up and pull off a big move. Or Else you’ll find yourself in a position you don’t want.”

As if to emphasize this the moment she reached the full extension of her second punch he flipped his baldes over and then crouched down low slipping in under her strike. Trying to combine a tactic for unarmed combat with one from his sword combat, His aim was to plant a hard pommel strike against her stomach to cause her to pause a second and then follow up by stabbing the tip of his left blade deeply into the mud and hold his balance on both it and his remaining leg as he swept out with a low kick. Aiming for her feet in an attempt to knock them out from under her.

“Ground your stance.” He’d speak whether his moves worked or not. “When your feet are placed firmly it makes you harder to knock over and your strikes hit harder.” He shifted his weight slightly now stabbing the other blade into the ground to right himself back to full balance and height. Leaving her a clear opening if she wanted to take a cheap shot at his side.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Phira on January 9th, 2017, 12:23 am

30 Winter 516

Her second set of punches she missed and hit nothing but air. She inhaled and exhaled deeply with a slight frustration in her eyes, and tried to apply his words to her fighting. Short and quick strikes don’t hit a wide range, but are harder to read. Good timing was necessary to pull off a move, or, in his words, ‘She would find herself in a position she didn’t want.’ She scoffed with a small smile, ”Never had that problem before.” she said and began punching again.

With short and quick punches, she took another step towards him to get closer. When he crouched down she knew she was in trouble. He thrust the back of his sword into her stomach, knocking the air out of her, and quickly sticking the blade into the ground to use it so he could kick her feet out from under her. She fell into the mud, still trying to catch her breath. All of that happened in seconds and she was still trying to figure out how he hit her so many times in so short of time. Just like on Black Rock. As her cousins and peers got older they got stronger, faster, and more ready to fight. They also could land multiple hits on her in seconds.

She rubbed her stomach and got back up with a grunt of pain.
”You could have told me before you took my feet from under me.” she said through heavy breaths. She took her stance again and looked at him getting up. She noticed that he was open and decided to take her shot. She took a step and swiped out a hand and gave him a soft punch to his side. She gave him a smile ”I think with more openings like this one I can get you into a position you’ve never been before.” she said teasingly.

She backed up so he could get up, and began practicing punching with firmly placed feet. They felt heavy and she wasn’t at all quick on them. That couldn’t be right. But she would do as she was told until she was told otherwise.
So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Words: 132381
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 9th, 2017, 12:44 am

He couldn’t help but give back a small smirk in response to her words. Rather apt given a few of the things that had gone on. Still though the punches came swift and straight. And like he predicted, and planned it came to fruition, the heel of his blade found purchase on her abdomen as his leg sent hers flying. Along with her balance.

Seeing her rubbing her stomach he wondered if he put too much force behind the strike, however she spoke through rather heavy breathing. He spoke again with a much lighter voice too him. He’d dispelled the hardened exterior in favour of softening up. It didn’t really work on those he was teaching and was more meant to unnerve those who knew how to fight. So he spoke with a short phrase through light words almost playing with her. “Well I just wanted to take your breath away and sweep you off your feet.” With a smile and before he could really do much she slammed her fist into his side. His own fault granted but still it was enough to let him know he still needed to work and not hang about with foolish acrobatic stuff until he was more secure on his feet.

Though her words weren’t lost on him he just arched an eyebrow. He swung his blades around and in the air whipping the mud off of the tip. “We’ll see about that.” He flipped his swords around going pommel first and running the blade along his forearms like he intended to use them for both defence and attack like he had earlier.
“As I Said though keep your feet planted when you strike, elsewise your lighter approach is more correct. Stay light on your feet as you move around but plant them when you strike.” He made a small demonstration stepping lightly from side to side pretty speedily before planting his foot and snapping out a short pommel strike and a large rear bladed cut with his right hand.

“See what I mean?” He gave a small smile still that empty one but it at least would signal he was not his self he’d been a few moments ago. Once she was ready it was his turn to go on the attack. He stepped in, and planted his foot heavily in the mud giving a distinct feel that this wasn’t going to be a light strike and that she should block it. His left hand brought the pommel of his blade towards the same spot he’d struck earlier however he brought his right hand and the pommel there up to strike at the centre of her chest. Both if they hit would land a lot lighter than the implied power they held. Barely causing an impact. But the connotation behind them was what he wanted to get across.

“Make sure you do two things.” He’d speak before pulling back. “Get the first strike in, and have a second one to immediately follow it up.” He spoke as he would if the strikes had connected push some force behind them to attempt to throw her off balance again.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 9th, 2017, 5:19 am

00 Season 516

His eyes and voice both lightened showing her that he was the Alex she met yesterday. The Alex she liked and didn’t want to hit. She laughed at his words ”Well you did that. I like how you did it yesterday more though.” she said watching his swords slash through the air, then landed her eyes back on him. She found his teaching to be easy to follow which made her wonder if he had practice teaching people how to fight. It was either that or he was just a good fighter, despite his ‘failures’ he talked about earlier.

He began bouncing on his feet back and forth showing her what it meant to be ‘grounded’ and light on your feet at the same time. She began copying him and soon found a sort of rhythm. See what I mean? he asked her with a dead smile reverting back to the ice cold Alex.

She looked at him and nodded,
”Kind of.” she said looking at her feet. She got the understanding of it, but to apply she was going to need to be quick. She had obviously been thinking about it for too long because before she knew it he began his attack by aiming at the same place as last time. She jumped back quickly only to get hit in the chest with his other hand. It wasn’t hard, but it wasn’t pleasant. She looked at him as he pulled away and blew out a breath she was holding. She was glad it hadn’t been any harder, and that he hadn’t knocked her off her feet again. Ok, strike first and follow up with another attack. She nodded and began bouncing on her feet again. Her goal was to at least get one hit in. So she struck out her hand in an attempt to punch him in his stomach and one to his chest, before going in for a low kick as he had done earlier to knock him off his feet.
So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 9th, 2017, 6:07 am

It seemed as if he hadn’t quite given her enough time to prep herself for the assault he laid out in front of her his left hand being stopped all well and good but his right found purchase on her chest. Hard enough to let her know it wouldn’t have ended well had it been the tips of his blades as opposed to the heel. However when she started to bounce he watched her feet and then her hands. Making careful assessments about what he’d learnt thus far. She was dominant with her right hand using it as a leading striker. She favoured her left leg to lean in on.

Small little bits of tactical information that was slowly building up his repertoire of knowledge on how to deal with her. Again she led with her right as she struck out towards his stomach. Shifting his right blade he motioned it across the flat of his arm to block the initial punch, however the second that came in he didn’t shift his arm quite fast enough finding it knock the strike instead slightly off course and into his right pectoral muscle and shoulder.

Lastly he spotted the kick. Her attempt to knock him flat on his rear as she’d done to her. However on lose ground and uneven surfaces he’d learnt to hold still and stable. So instead of moving he dug his heels in and grounded his legs instead of trying to dodge. He then turned his leg to let his shin meet her foot. And the hard bone repel her foot. Then came time for the counter attack as he pushed her arms off and open. Giving her only a fraction of a second to work on her defence again. His right and left hands then aimed to strike out at her abdomen again looking to land two sharp but shallow strikes against her.

“I didn’t tell you did I?” he smirked a little the trickster in his eyes glinting towards her. “I learned a while ago how to hold steady on loose ground. And because of that I’m particularly stable.” He shifted around her once again motioning beneath her arms and stepping up pressing his back against hers. “And this is where I also tell you, when you strike, make sure you hold something back to defend yourself from incoming attacks else you leave yourself wide open.”

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 10th, 2017, 4:53 am

30 Winter 516

She blocked the wrong attack and she knew it when she saw his face and felt her chest. If he was really attacking her then she would be dead on the muddy, jungle floor. He seemed to be watching her closely. Probably reading her moves or probably learning about her fighting style, which were things she wanted to learn eventually, but for now she was just trying to land any sort attack. He blocked her first attack, metal on metal clashing against one another. Her second punch is what landed, but not where she aimed, still it was damage. And any damage was good. But the she went for the kick and failed to knock him down.

Her foot deflected off his shin, and bounced back. Her foot stung a little from the kick but she didn’t have any time to concentrate on it as he went in with the counter attack right away. He pushed her hands away leaving her open for him to hit just about anywhere. She did the only thing she could think of and dropped to her knees and rolled out of the way. It was then he decided to reveal that he knew how to ‘hold steady on loose ground.’ Well now she knew that, so would be trying to do that again any time soon. She slowly got back up and blew her hair out of her face, she could feel the mud stick to her. She hated being dirty, but at the same time she couldn't deny she was having fun.

He disappeared behind her once again, his back to her back, while telling her to hold something back to defend herself. Though she didn’t really get everything he said because she took this opportunity to spin around and lash out at his side.
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 10th, 2017, 5:12 am

The way she avoided the strikes he’d tried to land towards her stomach brought a small smirk to his face. So she wasn’t so prideful as to think she needed to stand all the time. That was an exceptionally good thing to Alex. And the moment he pressed his back against hers she was already trying to think of how to capitalize on striking him. Too bad for her that he always had his motions planed out well in advance. As her fist swung out trying to hit him in his side he motioned the blade across to catch her fist against the flat of the steel once more. Using his forearm behind it to dull the impact.

“You’ve done well to keep up with me thus far.” He spoke smiling that genuine tint to the corner of his mouth yet again. “But now I’m pretty certain you’re going to start running out of steam once the rush wares off. So let me show you my true strength before that happens.” He flipped his swords again and in a second his eyes narrow and this time he didn’t let on that there was a single point of instance for her to try striking. He lifted his swords both pointed towards her but he shifted his stance to the side running one across his chest and pointing the other directly at her. Almost daring her to attack. However as he stood there he gave off a strong feeling. Something that she should have been able to pick up on. A feeling of danger.

Being an animal by nature she should have been able to pick up extremely easily on the fibe he was putting out. The feeling that he shouldn’t be trifled with, the same one he’d directed towards the Kelvic predator males in the wolves den yesterday, however this time it was squarely locked upon her. And then without a smidgeon of a warning he’d stepped in, closing the space between them in all but a fraction of a second. Closing the edges of his blades towards her. Letting the speed of the thinner edge cut the air and then as they were about to impact he shifted it sideways to reduce any damage.

His right hand strike aimed upwards towards her upper am to land with a heavy thud, His left blade then aimed lower to strike out at her side and land with another solid impact. His aim wasn’t to damage but rather to let her know that he was training her as he’d said not trying to win. Not harm her.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 10th, 2017, 8:03 pm

30 Winter 516

He looked pleased with her. He actually graced a smile in her direction, but that smile swiftly turned from a pleased grin to a challenging sneer. However he blocked all her strikes. She really thought she had him that time, but he proved to be a very qualified teacher. When he spoke, the smile came back, making her arch an eyebrow at his assumption. She could feel herself tiring, and she could feel the her muscles began to tighten and could feel them become sore. She was sure that if she took off her clothes that she would see bruises begin to form. He didn’t look tiered at all though, or all that dirty for that matter.

Maybe after this they could find a place to wash off. Her thoughts didn’t get far as she could feel something shift in the air. Her breathing got heavy when he pointed his blades at her, her eyes narrowed at him, and she instinctively bared her teeth towards him. The look of pure dominance and danger lined his face. She took this time to back up, those words were ominous and the air became heavy. But she would be a liar if she didn’t admit she found him a little attractive at the moment.

He moved so fast, faster than she could respond to, and before he hit her he changed the angle of his swords so they wouldn't cut her. But for a second she really thought they would. But she feel any slices on her skin, instead she just felt hits on her arms and her side. She dropped down on a knee and held her side,
”Your true strength is quite astounding. I wish you could show me on a tree or something. But I suppose I’m lucky that you showed me first hand.” she said massaging her side, as she stood. She went over to the rock and sat down, ”I think it’s time for a break. I need to lick my wounds as you would say.” she said not actually intending to lick her wounds just yet instead just wanted to sit down and breath for a little. She grabbed her bag and took out her water skin and took a big gulp before offering it to him. ”Maybe our next lesson can be defense.” she chuckle. Just holding the water skin out to him felt like she was holding a very heavy rock.

Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 11th, 2017, 3:53 am

The look hje garnered off of her was one that he’d expected but still it felt almost like he was staring down a wild animal. Which perhaps in all honesty he was. Watching her subtly retreat he got the feeling that she knew what he was going to do, or at least what he was truly capable of. And as he closed in and landed his two strikes it was clear she didn’t even know how to react when he wasn’t holding his real power back. His speed and his ability to see the weak spots. He falling to her knee however told him that the tank was almost empty for her. Holding a blade either side of her he wanted to get a point across.
“And I’m not even that strong.” He spoke with a tone of calm resignation.

“Those who hunt the ones who need protection, are vastly stronger than me from what I hear.” He flipped his blade around his arms quickly to flick the mud and dirt off of the blades before snapping them back into their sheaths. As she rose though he watched her hand rub her side, perhaps he’d hit her a touch too hard? Her comment about licking her wounds made him wince a little. Perhaps he’d struck her a little too hard? As she did her thing for a few moments he closed his eyes taking a second to visualize her and where he’d hit her. At least the five strikes he’d gotten in. And each one at least according to what he knew or remembered wasn’t at a vital point. That wasn’t his aim but at the very least he should check to make sure there was no lasting damage. After all that wasn’t the goal there.

Rolling his own shoulder and tensing his abdomen he could feel where she’d hit him but the pain as so light it wasn’t worth mentioning. "Alright then I’ll help you work on your defence in a few chimes.” He lifted the water skin out of her hands and took a small drink despite being relatively high on his energy stores he was still sweating like a beast because of the humidity of the jungle. Whereas she seemed to be relatively alright with it. Perhaps that was due to her upbringing in this weather?
“Y’know if your injuries, or at least the points where I’ve made contact hurt I can take a look to see if there’s any real damage?” His offer hung in the air as he wasn’t sure if she’d take it.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 11th, 2017, 6:38 am

30 Winter 516

She pulled herself up and stretched her arms high, feeling the twinge of pain in her body as she did so, but ignoring it because of how good it felt. She turned her eyes to him in disbelief, did he just say that? Did he actually say that he wasn’t that strong? ”You say that but I was on the other hand of that ‘non-strength’ and I can tell you, you are stronger than you think.” she said with a scoff and looked him up and down. He looked strong enough, maybe not in muscle mass like the twins she worked with, but still he didn't look weak.

Her arm felt relief when he lifted the water out of her hand and she took the time to lay down, putting her head on the bag. She didn’t know if it was a leopard thing or if it all manner of creatures did this but staying still, in the shade, cooled off the body. And in humid heat it was best to stay as cool and hydrated as possible.
”You should come sit down with me. Cool off a bit before the next lesson." she said patting the space next to her.

She bit her lip at his ominous words or the hunters. They sounded scary, and she thanked her stars that she hadn’t seen one of them yet. But she knew they were there, lurking, and watching for Vantha and sympathizers alike.
”Have you seen one?” She asked in a hushed voice. She hasn’t heard many things about them catching or killing any one, but she was sure they must have. If they hadn’t then they wouldn’t have such a scary reputation. Well they still would be if they were as strong as Alex was saying they were. And of course there were all those gnosis marks they were said to have, which was scary even if they weren’t hunting down people.

She felt his eyes on her and she smiled and stretched her body out on the ground, and licked her lips at his offer,
”I’ll let you me over if you let me look you over.” she said teasing the buckles of her corset. Of course, if they did this would cut into her training, but she didn’t mind that in the least. It was a good reward system, if she did say so herself. She pulled herself free from the leather corset, and began unbuttoning her shirt to reveal her torso. She probably didn’t need to unbutton her whole shirt but she didn’t not need to either. She looked down at her stomach and sure enough there was a bruise forming on her stomach and a small one on her side. She looked back up at him with a mock face of seriousness, ”Now I want you to be as thorough as possible. she teased.
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext