It's what you don't see. (Phira)

A promised second meet up between Alex and Phira

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 6th, 2017, 1:45 am

Timestamp: 30th Winter 516AV

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Alex lurked outside of the sanity centre resting his back against the spiralled ivy and vines that clamoured their way up the brickwork. He’d arranged a date of sorts if it could be called that with Phira. He stuffed his hands into his jacket pockets, the long leather catching against his ankles. His eyes scanned the horizon for anything potentially lost in the day and lurking within the wild mess of illusions that ran rampant within the city.

Still though the reason he’d chosen this place was due to the fact it never moved. Anchored in time and space even with the ever shifting madness that was Alvadas it never seemed to even flicker. A point of stability within the chaos. And that was exactly what Alex needed sometimes. Though his mind didn’t stop ticking over in the background. He leant his head against the brickwork his hood shrouding the top half of his face but his ears open even as his eyes closed.

He wondered how she’d arrive. Would it be in the same manor they’d first met? Or perhaps this time she’d come as a human with her own gear on? Either way she’d have to bring those rather vicious looking gloves with her. And that was what was worrying him. Why did she need a weapon that looked so vicious and so brutal despite being such a lovely and delicate? His hands began to tingle once again within his jacket as his mind replayed the events of yesterday and just how soft her skin actually was.

Though despite being lost in thought and his own little world in his head he could still hear around him and it was the sound of footfalls on cobble stone that brought his attention from his mind and memory back to the forefront and snap of reality. His right hand out of sight slipped out of his jacket and moved to the hilt of his blade.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Phira on January 6th, 2017, 5:00 am

30 Winter 516

Phira walked quickly through the streets of Alvadas, turning corner after corner trying to find the Sanity Center. It wasn’t so much that she was going slow, but she was getting new to her new shoes, and clothes as well. She liked to wear dresses because they were easy to take off, and it was just one thing to take off opposed to taking off a shirt, pants, and whatever else was on. She was wearing her black cloak over a red, button up, cotton shirt, a brown leather corset, some brown leather pants, high leather boots, and a belt. (Her metal claws were in her bag strapped over her shoulder). She got her new outfit for a deal at the Bizarre, from some actress looking to get rid of some costumes. While that is what she advertised the clothes as, they looked like regular clothes. She supposed she felt self-conscious in them because she wasn’t used to wearing separates. Still though she got long looks from men and jealous looks from women, which made her feel that much more confident in them.

She had looked forward to seeing Alex since he left her yesterday. She had missed him and his heat when she went to bed later that night. The night that was lit by the sun she might add. She spent the 'night' wondering if he was as kind a teacher as he was a lover and friend. She was used to being hit upside the head, and yelled at when she didn’t get stuff right away, and for asking too many questions, and for talking too much, and for not paying attention…simply put she was a terrible student that was used to 'corrected'. But so long as she was engaged in the things she was being taught she could pick things up rather quickly. At least that is what she thought. After all she wasn't dead yet, and that was because she was a quick learner, right?

Quickly walking towards another alley and turning another corner she breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the Sanity Center’s sign in the alley across from her. Her footsteps sped up when she saw it, happy to finally find the anchored building, and because she knew she was going to see Alex. She noticed a hooded figure leaning against the building and gave a big smile. She recognized that jacket from yesterday and knew who was covered up by it. Her smile grew as she came up behind him with heavy footstep to let him know that someone was coming up behind him.
”Why are you hiding that handsome face on this beautiful winter day? I hope it’s not to hide from me.”

OOCI don’t know if I have to write a different thread for buying those clothes. But if I don't, and if I did my math right all of that should be 4 gm, 4 sm, 4 cm. But I don't math so good, so...
So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Words: 132381
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 6th, 2017, 5:42 am

Flicking his eyes up from beneath his hood he glanced up from the shadow of the hood. His moth curled into a small smirk. An interesting outfit she’d chosen to wear. Clearly accentuating her figure. His hand released the blade at his side almost as abruptly as he’d gripped the handle of it. A rather more combat apt outfit than most he’d seen trying to fight. Though he really wasn’t one to talk with what he wore, though his was more for the inconspicuous factor at least within this city.

“Matter of perspective on the handsome point. And when you’ve lived your whole life in the dark staring into the light hurts your eyes.” His words a little cryptic but hopefully he gave her the impression which he was going for, that he’d seen more than he was letting on. Pushing his weight up and off of the wall with a shunt of his back. The dagger beneath his jacket digging into him lightly with that push.

“Must say the ensemble is more suited to sharp movements. Though I have to say it leaves little to the imagination.” He let a soft smile sit at the edge of his face but not quite the ones she’d seen the prior encounter. Instead this one had a knowing glint to it. He hadn’t let her in on his memory yet and with what was going on up there. “I hope you’re ready to learn because I’ve still as of yet to find a spot to train in. I’ve kind of been relying on the cities good graces and the small jungle that’s popped up.” He spoke with a small step away from the wall. And upto and then hopefully off with her towards the Flyander area.

As the large trees loomed in and then encircled the pair of them Alex finally stumbled upon the open space that he was training others in. Or at least attempting to train some others in. Stepping into the clearing Alex perched upon a nearby rock clearing his throat. “So I’d suggest you get ready otherwise this is going to be a long day.” As he finished speaking he pushed his hood down letting her see the sharp truth behind his eyes.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 6th, 2017, 8:11 pm

30 Winter 516

The air between them shifted and it didn’t feel as light as it did yesterday. His heavy words about spending his life in the dark made her feel as if it was far more than just a saying. She still gave him a smile and came a step closer, ”My perspective is that you are handsome." her tone was matter of fact. She had never had anything happen to her to make her retreat into the shadows or in to the dark, and she didn’t even want to imagine a life like that. "Sounds like you need to get out more." She teased knowing that wouldn't exactly fix his problem.

She narrowed her eyes at his odd smile. It was a smile that she had seen on his face before, but the little sparkle in his eyes told that he was thinking of something other than her outfit. She gave him a curious smile back,
”So I did chose a good outfit. I was looking for something to wear that wasn’t my dress. And I can’t say that I was looking for anything particular, so I am glad you approve. And I can’t help your imagination or where it runs off to.” she said in a lighthearted, flirtatious manner.

She began following him as he walked towards towering trees with dark leaves. She had never been to the jungle of her father’s people. But she had heard it was a treacherous place to journey if you didn’t know where you were going. The thick canopy of the jungle was like stepping under an umbrella, shielding anything below from light or rain. She followed him closely, scared she might lose him. Knowing her she would be distracted by some sort of flower or interesting looking animal.
”So you train often then?” She said just trying to make conversation as they went to where he wanted them to go.

They actually came to an open clearing within the jungle. It was something she was a little surprised to see. It was big and it wasn’t. The trees made her feel enclosed and confined in the space. As she looked around he left and positioned himself on a rock nearby, and spoke with a voice that carried a dominate tone. His eyes had changed, and somehow he was different Alex than the one she had met yesterday. If she had met the Alex that sat on that rock yesterday, she would have run from him. Not because he came off as threatening, but because he looked so hard and wasn’t going to tolerate any nonsense. So now the question begged which was the real Alex? The man she had shared her bed with or this hard looking one? Or both?
She inhaled deeply and arched an eyebrow at him,
”There’s that handsome face." she said under her breath just loud enough so he heard. She didn’t give him a smile, nor a frown, and she reached in her bag and took out her metal gloves. She tossed her bag letting it land at his feet, and she put on her ‘weapon,’ looking at him the whole time. ”I’m ready.”
So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 6th, 2017, 9:39 pm

Alex couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle at her words, before he spoke in response.
“It’s less my imagination, more my memory.” He paused a moment considering whether or not to tell her and eventually gave in to the idea of doing so. “I don’t forget anything. Anything at all. Be it my meagre handful of successes or my surplus quantity of failures. It doesn’t ever leave here.” He spoke with a subtly saddened tone and tapped his head lightly with his index and middle fingers.
“Training wise I don’t really get as much time to do so now as I used too. After all it’s the difficulty of dealing with a job and a lot of other problems.” He let out a small sigh through narrowed teeth.

Whilst she adjusted her weapons to be ready for his training he took a moment to fully examine her this time. Appraising her build instead of just admiring it and her height. His arms folded in front of him taking a moment to tap out some simple math on his arm. The slightly muted comment, and responded with a light ease to his voice. “Have to give you something to focus on.” As the bag hit the rock next to him he glanced at her hands which were now ready. Those things were significantly more wicked and dangerous than he would have liked but again it was her choice.

Alex then rose making a series of small strides up to her and then without warning slipped behind her taking a hold of her wrists lightly.
“Easiest way I’ve found to show a stance to someone who doesn’t fight is simply to put them into it.” He spoke with a subtle word as he lifted her arms up palms open and forwards towards nothing, or rather where he had been standing. His hands then motioned down and across to her right leg pulling it backwards and twisting her foot to the side lightly to help stabilize her footing. Before pressing on her shoulders to drop her height slightly.

Then he stepped back and began to unbuckle the belts on his jacket.
“Take a second to get used to that stance. It’s the one I used the most. It’s also particularly useful for hand strikes.” His words were once again, not to get across the feeling of being cold but the fact that his was something she needed to know if she wanted to do this right, without getting hurt. And then with a small motion he shrugged his jacket off and tossed it atop the rock next to her bag.

“Once you’re ready you can come at me.” He smiled lightly falling into a slightly different stance, his legs were slightly closer together and his arms were tighter to his chest. The second of the three stances he knew.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 7th, 2017, 2:13 am

30 Winter 516

She rolled her eyes and shook her head, ”Is that so? Well hopefully our time together shines through all those clouds you seem to have.” she said remembering their talk about happiness yesterday. He seemed he let his failures hit him hard and his successes never be good enough. He must have a lot of emotional turmoil. So if it were up to her she would get him to be happy, if for only one bell. She would do it, and when she had her mind set to something she would make it happen. Even if it took years, she would do it. She was patient enough for that sort of goal. ”But I’d rather you were imagining things to do next time I get you in bed.” she said with a small smirk.

She could imagine he put a lot on himself. Wanting to help people, and forego his own happiness and what not. The corners of her lip twitched upward as she tried to stiffen her smile. It did draw her attention, but she would keep her mind on the task…for now. He slipped behind her and began putting her into position, a familiar stance if she recalled correctly. She did as she was told and began shifting her weight back and forth from foot to foot, and rolled her shoulders back. This brought back so many memories of her getting the stuffing beat out of her. She took a deep breath, and shook the memories out of her mind. Extending her arms out slowly a couple of times in a punching motion to get used to the range of them.

Taking the stance he put her in she bounced up on her toes and quickly took a quick step forward and throwing her fist out to hit his chest. The whole attack was half-hearted. Her step was more of a stumble, and her punch she didn’t really follow through on. She just didn’t want to connect a punch and hurt him.
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 7th, 2017, 2:28 am

The comments she made were her usual fare alluring and cheery something that Alex rather enjoyed about his time with her however much she kept toting towards getting him back to her room.
“We’ll see about that after the task at hand.” He smirked and awaited her advance. Despite being as she claimed untrained her overall acceptance of the stance was rather easy to see, she seemed to fit it with a practiced ease and fluidity that he didn’t really expect. However her lack of experience came through when she threw out her strike.

It was lack lustre, half-hearted and above all slow. Perhaps that was from the lack of her foot work or through some other underlying truth. Whichever it was Alex made sure to teach her very clearly that that sort of attitude wouldn’t fly well with him. He stepped into the strike as opposed to away from it and lifted his left arm up to block her at the forearm his right arm then screamed out forwards towards her midriff. Pure speed and no force which was good. At the moment of impact he slowed the strike to nothing and pushed against her as he pulled his other arm in and across to the back of her neck. Moving to slip his leg between hers he had the perfect position to throw her like a rag doll. But he didn’t.

“If you’re going to train with me I want to see some commitment to what you’re doing. Where that fire from the other night? Surely you can channel it to other aspects?” He gave a soft smirk pulling away from her and letting her set herself back up.
“I’m not a brutal teacher. I know how to measure my force and my temperament. I just want to see you come at me like I’m someone who intends to do you harm because if you don’t.” he paused and now the air between them seemingly felt colder as his eyes narrowed and his whole demeanour shifted to this almost icy cold persona as he spoke once more. “Then I won’t be afraid to start a fire in you.”

He was still the same man but something about him had a chill of winter circling him. A cold demeanour a cold glare and above all a cold set of eyes. This was Alex in full control of himself in full analytical mode taking in every aspect as opposed to letting his anger control him. He fell back into the stance again as he let her re-align herself. “Now come at me with some heart.”

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 7th, 2017, 6:14 am

30 Winter 516

His speed was staggering and she could barely keep up with his movements, and before she knew it she was about to be thrown across the clearing. All his movements didn’t necessarily hurt her, instead they were merely taps. Given that he moved like that and could control the intensity of the strike that he could have knocked her out cold.

She listened to him and knew he was right. She knew her resolve was somewhere, that feeling of anger she had when she bought the gloves to begin with. That guy that could have choked her to death that night in Sunberth reared his ugly head in her mind. She would admit that she tried not to think about it. The greenish-yellow bruises showed on her neck for weeks after, the ones on her arms for longer. She looked like a victim and she hated that feeling. She hate feeling like she couldn’t take care of herself, she hated the feeling that she had cried because of that man, she hated that she ran home with the tail between her legs and hid under her blankets. She hated that she had been scared to walk out her door because she didn’t want anyone doing that to her again. But she did and soon she just pushed that night to the back of her mind.

He wanted that fire in her lit, and now it was. She just hoped he knew what he lit.
”No need. Fire started.” she growled through gritted teeth. The look in this Alex’s eyes could freeze ice reminding her that this was not the same Alex that she liked. Good. She didn’t want to hit the Alex she knew yesterday. She would save her affection for that Alex, the Alex in front of her would get what he was asking for. Her eyes lost that kindness that she had shown him this far, in it's place was a mix between quiet anger, and a predatory calmness. She began circling him silently looking at him, looking for that weak spot she looked for when hunting for prey. Of course there wasn’t a lot she could go off of, he showed how fast he could move, and how easily he could take her down. But she hadn’t shown him how fast she could move, or how hard she could strike. Which gave her an oh so tiny advantage; he still had the experience to block everything though.

When she walked a full circle around him, she got back in the starting position. Pushing one leg back, and positioned her foot like he had earlier, she put her hands back up. She took a quick step forward, as she did earlier only this time it had purpose, and then threw out a quick punch with her left hand connecting with something hard. She didn’t know what she hit nor did she wait to see until she threw out another punch with her right hand. Letting her anger flare, she continued the onslaught of punches until she was stopped
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 7th, 2017, 9:43 am

The difference in her after he spoke was stark, gone was that half-hearted joviality that he’d seen before. His hands curled into fists now as he waited for her to move. And instead of coming straight at him like most he expected she did what he would do. Slowly circle and look for a weak spot. Perhaps that was the predator in her? Perhaps she knew more than she was letting on. Either way it was a tactic straight out of his own book.

No need for him to light a fire then? The moment she reached her start point she screamed towards him the speed he had even took him for a shock as the hard slam of steel hit against his leather armour. A low strike to his abdomen. That was going to hurt in the morning. His grunted out a breath through gritted teeth, however her onslaught didn’t quell. Didn’t slow and didn’t subside. The action similar to someone else he’d dealt with and the flash of anger just as sudden.

He didn’t have the skill to grip a hold of her directly nor did he have his plate to just absorb the blows and tank her until she ran out of steam. No with that steel on her hands he’d have to settle for his own steel. His hands reached down and pulled his blades free from their sheath’s lining them flat across his arms to absorb the strikes from her fists.

The loud scream of steel on steel was not unheard of to him but with this ferocity it was something he wasn’t used too. He took a half step back and as the fifth punch came in he turned his blade deflecting her arm as it connected. His left sword swinging out and around, edge screaming through the air towards her leg until at the last second he turned it to the flat of the blade aiming to land a firm strike to the back of her thigh. It would hurt like heck if it hurt but that was what he was after.

Nothing permanent nor too over the top He was teaching her how he’d been taught. A little pain and a lot of experience. Though for him it had been mostly pain. After that strike he’d use the slipperiness of the mud to his advantage spinning on his grounded foot pivoting around her once again and placing his back flat against her own before motioning to slam both of the blunt hilts of his blades into her sides, just hard enough to let her know he’d done it. Again this was all a plan and she had plenty of time to avoid if she was smart or experienced enough to see it coming.

“That’s better.” He spoke with a grunt of pain to him. “I wanted to see what you can truly do. Only from there can I build upon the foundations. No point building a castle upon sand is there?” He let a small almost dissonant smile crawl across him as he took a step away turning to look back towards her. “Tighter arm motions.” He barked out not as an order but as a way to take his mind off of the throb in his side. “Smaller motions are harder to read, and also allow you more speed when striking.”

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 8th, 2017, 3:34 am

30 Winter 516

She didn’t stop…no she couldn’t stop. It was an odd feeling of having no control, but it wasn’t a bad feeling. In fact it felt really, really good. The feeling of adrenaline, the burn in her arms, the sweat forming on her body. All of it felt good, she couldn’t remember the last time she felt the ecstasy of a good work out. She saw him draw his blades but surprisingly didn’t stop as one would have thought. Instead she kept swinging. And swinging. And swinging. The only thing that stopped her was him disappearing from in front of her.

Instinctively she spun on the balls of her feet so she could see what he was about to do, only she didn’t possess any of the balance he did and sort of stumbled backward a little until she caught her footing. It looked like he was about to pinch her sides with his sword’s hilt. It was only then that they both came to somewhat of a stop. Her chest heaved up and down, and she wiped away the sweat from her brow with her sleeve. This jungle setting looked good, but the heat was so humid it was sort of hard to breath. . But it was also then that she felt the sting to the back of her thigh. She vaugly remembered him hitting it with the flat side of his blade, but she didn’t register the pain, nor did she think he hit her that hard. Even after all that she felt energized, and ready for more.

He praised her which made her hold up her head a little higher. She was happy that he was happy with her. She could see she hurt him, but she would kiss his wounds later. She cocked her head to the side, you can’t build a castle on sand? Probably a moot point, but she was curious as to why you couldn’t. She shook her head from the frivolous thought and put her hands back up and went into the beginning stance with her leg back and her feet pointed to the side. Tighter and shorter meant faster and hard to read. Ok that was simple enough to understand.

When she was fighting back home it was just her being beaten, there was no form of teaching involved…at least not for her. For her, the only instruction she got was ‘Hit them, don’t get hit by them.’ And that didn’t help her at all, she didn’t know how to keep them from hitting her. Alex wasn’t fighting her in order to win and beat her. He was teaching her and telling her how to improve. And that may be the difference as to why she never picked it up back home.

She practiced a few quick punches, before turning her eyes to him. She took a couple of steps to the right and began again. She lashed out her arms in a short, quick punching motions.
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next