Near Shivias, [OPEN]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Near Shivias, [OPEN]

Postby Sari Nasuadin on January 17th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Sari knew she was pushing the woman away, intentionally or unintentionally. Am I always this unapproachable? Sari thought. She heard Sairque wish her luck, and suggest her falcon could fish for her, which Sari has heard of, but never really tried. Sari then saw the shadow starting to increase of size, and heard Nianii give a far-off screech as he soared off for the other side of the lake to try and tear into his prize.

Sari looked up, and saw a wind eagle. A huge wind eagle, no, bigger than that, even. It soared toward them, and Sari flinched, gasping in surprise as Catabasis flew over her, ruffling her hair as the wind passed along. A strand of beads fell off, cracking on the ground. She felt a shadow pass over her again, and looking up, saw a feathered wing extending over Sari and Sairque, as if it was some sort of gigantic canopy.

Sari looked down to see Sairque smiling like a loon, and she started to laugh in amazement. So this was how big they were... Sari had seen wind eagles of course, but from a distance most of the time, unless she was attempting to bond with the fledglings. "Wow." Sari said simply, "Catabasis must catch more than fish, like a boat maybe?" She regained her posture, and gave a quick bow to the eagle, before grinning almost as large as Sairque.
"Once you have tasted flight, your eyes remain pointed toward the sky,
for there you have been, and for there you long to go."

My Character Sheet.
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic6822.html
Sari Nasuadin
Player

Words: 8226
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2011, 1:38 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Near Shivias, [OPEN]

Postby Sairque on January 17th, 2011, 11:57 pm

A laugh and a joke, all in one fell swoop. The presence of the Eagle didn't make her as uncomfortable as the information regarding Sai's caste had. There we go. Sai carefully kept herself from smirking at her relaxed companion and hopped up to pluck a loose feather from the Eagle's wing. He flinched and screeched indignantly, retracting the wing and turning to tower above them.

That is no way to greet a Wind Eagle, lass, his 'voice', deep and rumbling, came to both women's minds. This young lady has the right idea, however. Wrapping himself in stuffy dignity, Catabasis straightened to his full height and spread both wings, dipping his beak down to return the bow with a surprising grace considering he'd never before attempted this. The lowest his head got was still several yards above even the lanky Sari's, and his massive wings blotched out the sun yet again.

Sai hastily fanned herself in mock fright with the relatively small feather. "My apologies O Great One-"

If you wanted to gift the young lady with a high quality feather that possesses both perfectly calibrated edges and a high strength core... you should have offered that one before I did. Dumbfounded, Sai watched as he reached forward with his viciously curved beak and plucked the item in question from her numb hands, a minute twitch of his neck bringing it around to offer Sari. One clear yellow eye focused on the fisher woman, his eye as big as her head and his head bigger than her entire body. Nonplussed, the flight leader stared at the facetiously charming Eagle and her reticent companion.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Near Shivias, [OPEN]

Postby Sari Nasuadin on January 26th, 2011, 1:48 am

((Hey, Sorry I have been off for so long. I had.. pretty bad problems over here. I won't do this again, I promise. :) ))

With a smile on her face, Sari loosened up a bit, giving out a sigh and rubbing her shoulder. I was an idiot.. Just like me to get overworked about someone in a higher caste. Sari thought. She focused back to the events at hand, to see Sairque reach over, and pluck a feather from Catabasis. Sari heard the deafening screech ring through her ears, and felt a rush of wind as Catabasis swiftly drew a step back, flinching, and Sari half flinched herself when the grand eagle's shadow loomed over both Sari and Sairque.

Then, Sari felt a deep voice rumble in her head, and with a small amount of shock, she realized it was Catabasis talking to her. Isn't that called... Telekinesis or something? Sari wondered to herself, feeling as if she was being scolded by the eagle. Which, in a sense, she was. Then, Catabasis bowed, something that genuinely surprised Sari.

Observing Sairque pull off a mock act of fright made Sari giggle a bit, for some little reason, and noticed Catabasis deftly pick the feather from Sairque, and turn to offer it to her? She took the feather with surprisingly steady hands, and said, "Thank you, Catabasis." And gave a quick bow of her head. She examined the feather a small bit, before hearing a screech to her left, and saw that Nianii was soaring towards the trio.

Nianii landed on Sari's shoulder quite roughly, and peered at the feather, clicking his beak. Then, he cocked his head to the side and peered at Catabasis, screeching and ruffling his feathers.

My Character Sheet.
Sari Nasuadin
Player

Character sheet

Near Shivias, [OPEN]

Postby Sairque on January 29th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Sai scowled facetiously at the duo, one eyebrow climbing up her forehead. "Well, aren't you two just chummy." Still, a disarming smile crept over her lips before she turned away to scamper up the leather strap holding her minimalist saddle in place. Catabasis obliged her sudden crawling all over his person by standing to his full height after she'd got a grip on the leather.

She dangled. And pretended to beat her head against the hard material like bashing her brains out would save her from the teasing of her bondmate. Finally, feet dangling limply ten feet off the ground, she started inching her way closer to the saddle.

Sari. Catabasis turned his attentions once more to the young woman. Who is your friend here? he asked, ducking down and peering at the feisty little raptor whose entire body was no bigger than his eyeball.

Sai, meanwhile, was cursing at all the bobbing he was doing. Finally, she crouched on the saddle, bow in one hand and quiver in the other, and looked down for a method of egress. Rolling her eyes as the Wind Eagle stood again, she called down to Sari. "Hey, catch!" And then tossed the unstrung bow down, closely followed by a more careful drop of the quiver. Now...she just needed to get down. So.

Peering over the edge, Sai frowned at the ground so far below. Catabasis was not being nice at all here. Normally, he dipped down so she could slide off his back. Fine. Be that way.

The Wind Rider turned around in the saddle, crouching sideways on it, and gripped the hard leather in the front and in the back with either hand. Slowly she dropped down to his side, feet pressing against his ribs and guiding her down until she couldn't lower herself with her hands anymore. He obligingly unfurled his wing to get it out of the way of her tramping feet. Releasing one hand, she let her feet drop so she could dangle once more. Okay. Facing away from the Eagle again, she pushed off with one leg, all she could manage in the current position, and fell fowardly down. It eased the stumble-to-roll maneuver once the ground came to greet her. Tumbling inelegantly forward, she did manage to roll straight up onto her feet again and even brush herself off like it was completely planned.

"Hey, Sari, let's go find a target."
Behind me.
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Near Shivias, [OPEN]

Postby Sari Nasuadin on January 30th, 2011, 3:38 am

Sari saw Sai start to climb up Catabasis' saddle, which was now officially ten feet above the ground. "Good luck with that." Sari remarked, smirking. She nearly slipped, and then started dangling, her feet cutting through the air. Sai tried to..Oh, Haha! Is Sai trying to leave a dent in her forehead? Sari thought.

Catabasis' voice inside Sari's head brought him to her attention, and she replied, "This is Nianii. My falcon, whom I have had over a year, and he continues to destroy my hair." As she said this, Nianii was already hard at work on trying to tear out a piece of cloth woven into her hair. Why is this bird so finicky? Sari thought, as she waved her hand behind her head to stop the bird from totally destroying everything in her hair.

Sai brought Sari back to attention by calling out, followed by flying wooden instruments of doom. Besides that, Sari managed to catch them, an unstrung bow in her right hand, and a quiver of arrows in her left, and hearing something of a smack, Sai walked up to Sari. She must of have dropped from the saddle. Long fall. Sari said, kind of impressed. She listened to Sai's short phrase, and with a smile, Sari tossed her stuff towards her one after the other, and said, "To the archery range, then." Finally, It has been so long since I have shot my bow. This gives me an excuse to knock off the rust from my skills. Sari thought.

My Character Sheet.
Sari Nasuadin
Player

Character sheet

Near Shivias, [OPEN]

Postby Sairque on February 2nd, 2011, 7:45 pm

"Archery range? I was thinking we could just use that Dek over there," Sai deadpanned, retrieving her longbow and arrows and nodding toward a fellow carrying something toward the entrance to the mountain. The quiver got slung over her shoulders in a neatly familiar gesture to free up her hands.

Sai fished the bow string out of her sash and set about stringing it. Not the easiest bow to bend, but she was familiar with its stiffness and size. After a few moments she finally looked up to regard Sari, wondering what she thought of her target choice.

Catabasis stretched and eyed the skies. Do stay out of trouble, you two. His presence in Sari's mind vanished as abruptly as it had manifested, the great bird turning his attentions to taking off without knocking his little Inarta friends onto their tushes. After watching the magnificent Eagle wing his way low across the lake and then drop out of sight down the waterfalls, Sai turned and headed for the small target range currently be used along the lengthy edge of Shivias.

"He likes you. More than your bird, I think," Sai observed, casting a sideways glance at the hair nibbler. At the range, the targets were set up next to each other, only two today, and the archers that had set them up were chatting off to the side. Sai waved and caught their attention, holding up her bow and pointing to the targets. They nodded and Sai moved about fifteen paces from one.

The wind was blowing intermittently, and took her first arrow off to the left. Sai knocked another one and drew, her fingers near her ear and elbow rotated out. After the release, it was really no closer to hitting where she aimed. Planting her feet firmly on the ground, Sai tightened her core and knocked another arrow.
Behind me.
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Near Shivias, [OPEN]

Postby Yarrin on February 5th, 2011, 5:29 am

The Wind Eagle had not gone unnoticed at the archery range.

No, indeed, Yarrin had almost snapped a new bowstring and clipped a poor bystanding Dek in the leg when the giant thing had swept overhead...more than once. Thankfully, neither tragedy actually happened, though another broken bowstring would have totally dampened the strawberry blond's day.

Of course, the two women who approached knew none of this dilemma, considering Yarrin had managed to collect himself and his thoughts like the handful of others at the range. The Avora's crimson scarf only served to highlight the cold's effect on his nose and freckled cheeks as he watched with an air of poorly executed disinterest as the Endal and her companion took up their aim at the targets.

Arching a pierced brow at the first shot, he wordlessly (and perhaps a little smugly) hoped for a more impressive display of prowess for the second. Exhaling a cloud of frosted disappointment in the moment between Sai notching her third arrow, he continued to hold his tongue, choosing to lean on his own bow in a bored, detached sort of way.

Maybe the other woman was more capable of putting on a better show. Or they could just bring the Eagle back when they were through.
Yarrin
Player

Words: 12965
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2011, 5:49 am
Character sheet

Near Shivias, [OPEN]

Postby Phoenix on April 22nd, 2011, 4:09 am

Character: Sari

Experience: Animal Husbandry- 1, Socialization- 2, Fishing- 1, Rhetoric- 2, Archery- 1

Lores: Patience is key, Making new friends, Offering little in ways of conversation, Enduring the cold, Being rather introverted, Opening up around animals

Character: Sairque

Experience: Swimming- 1, Diving- 1, Socialization- 3, Rhetoric- 2, Archery- 2, Acrobatics- 3

Lores: Mastering a graceful cannonball, Making new friends, Following good health practices, Offering helpful suggestions, Sharing one’s bonding story, Being blunt with ones thoughts, Having to deal with a snarky bird

Character: Yarrin

Experience: None

Lores: Being dangerous when startled, Being Judgmental and distant

Additional Comments: I would have liked to see this thread become a little more developed, with a little more give on Sari's end. It seemed like Sairque was trying to have a conversation with herself most of the time, as most of Sari's dialogue was internal, which is impossible for the other PC's to play off of. As a whole I liked the thread and I wish I could have seen it develop more.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous