Closed Loving One’s Trade [Ruka]

Ruka and Jabari meet for the first time

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Loving One’s Trade [Ruka]

Postby Jabari Artani on February 21st, 2017, 5:12 pm

4th Day of Winter 516AV

The young Elephant had not yet found his footing in this town, and he had not yet scored a job with a potter. These things were not currently a concern: Jabari would meet people here, and get to know the city in due time. He always managed everywhere he went, here shouldn’t be an exception. And the job would come too. He had more than enough experience, he just needed time to figure out where or how to apply and start earning money. Today he was to work on both of his problems. He’d spent the morning trying to memorise the streets of Sylirus. He was wearing a pale green tunic and a pair of beige baggy pants. He was also wearing a confident smile, which he offered to all passers by as greeting. He carried with him a backpack, which contained some work he’d prepared earlier. He’d asked the resident potter to let him use his kiln to fire the clay, now all he had to do was paint them.

Where better to sit and paint than the lively Sylirus theatre square! He had layed out a matt from his house on the ground and in front of him sat 5 items: A large gardening pot, two small mugs, 1 small flowerpot and a medium sized vase. All of these items were very different in size and shape but they had one thing in common with each other: They were all blank clay.

Jabari gingerly took some paints he’d bought earlier today out of his bad, as well as a few brushes and a mixer pallet. He drew in a long breath of air, ignoring the crowd around him and focusing on design prospects. What did he want for all of these items? Maybe he could take requests from passers by? It would be an opportunity to gain an idea of just how well received his work would be, and also to talk to people.

So with a smile he stood up and called to the crowd “Hello all, gather round! If you’d like a pot or a mug, a vase or a planter painted in your favourite colours and patterns, please come and give me requests!” He called out the same things many times, trying to hail passers by. A young boy was the first to approach. “Hello young lad, what are you looking for?” Jabari asked with a big beaming smile. The boy looked to be about eight years old. He was blonde and skinny and he stammered when he spoke “I want a gift for my mothers birthday… but I don’t have much money.”

Jabari smiled. Sometimes more rewarding than money, was charity. “Does your mother like growing things? Does she drink tea? Perhaps she keeps flowers?” The boy livened up a little “She really likes tea!” He said and looked at the mugs “Good, good, so do I.” Jabari replied and moved everything bar one hearty mug and his art supplies out of his way. “Now, what is her favourite colour? What’s her name? Do you have any requests?”

The kid thought about it and then said “Daisy…” Jabari waited for him to continue “Her name is Daisy… She liked yellow.” He then looked down at his feet as if he felt stupid. It was clear Jabari wouldn’t get much more out of him. “Okay, thats great. I can work with that. Please come back in a few bells and It’ll be ready!”

Jabari began mixing a bright canary yellow colour. When it was too dark he’d add white paint, too light he’d add red paint. Eventually he came to a beautiful sunshine yellow. He covered the mug in yellow, layering three even coats. He had a plan for this one. But he needed the coat to dry enough for him to paint over it. So he stood up once more and called out for more volunteers.

Jabari Artani
Player

Words: 3319
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2017, 3:42 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ruka Emilia on February 22nd, 2017, 5:07 am

4th Day of Winter 516 AV
"Common - Canine"

The city of Syliras seemed busy today, but no more then usual. The crowded city left Ruka feeling a little lost. Ever since she left, the young Kelvic forgot how normal everyone seemed to be. As of no one cared that she left. As Ruka walked along the main street, she waved her hand in motion of pushing the negative thoughts out of her head. The more we walked, the more happy faces she saw. The people of Syliras seemed content with their life which made Ruka smile. Trying her best to look normal like everyone else. She watched as people made their way to their deciding destination. Some reuniting with old friends and others shopping for various reasons. The more Ruka traveled through the city, the more she saw. Flower shops, inns, taverns, clothing shops, jewelry shops, etc. The city she onced lived in, she'd almost forgotten about. A long sigh escaped her lips.

After minutes more of walking, Ruka found the place she'd been looking for. The Feathered Shaft. A small smile remained on her face as she felt relieved to find her destination. The wolf extended her arm to open the door and enter the shop. Once she entered, a bell located on the corner of the door way made a loud ding. A man stood behind the counter as he watched Ruka enter his shop. Her steps were slow as she looked around the quiet place. She'd been here before, but the feeling was different. Bows, quivers, arm guards and much more were neatly placed on shelves and glass cases around the shop. Ruka scanned the shop as to not noticed the clerk watching her. "Excuse me, miss", the man called out, "are you looking for anything specific?" He added. His voice stern, but knowingly made its presence. The man looked to stand about six feet tall. He wore a black shirt that covered his broad shoulders. His hair dark and his face strong. The man continued to watch Ruka with his intense brown eyes.

Before she could get one last glance, Ruka was startled. She finally noticed the man watching her. Bright blue eyes stared back at the man while her heart skipped a beat. "Hello. Yes." She answered as she walked towards the counter. "I'm looking for gaming arrows. Do you carry them?" The man nodded as he took out a set of keys from his pocket to unlock the glass case Ruka had her hands set on. After he shoved the keys back in his pocket, his hands reached and grabbed a wooden box. He placed the merchandise on the counter and opened the box for Ruka. He was quiet. All business. The kelvic's eyes peered down while catching the sight of each arrow. "How many?" She asked as she continued to look. "Twenty." He replied. The young women nodded as her eyes moved to the man's face. "I'll take them." Ruka told him as she pulled 4GMs and set them on the counter. The man closed the box and rang in the order. He took the money, wrote out a receipt, and placed it on the box. "Can I do anything else for you, miss?" He asked as the women collected her purchase. "No. That'll be all. Thank you." She answered as she made her way out of the shop.

Ruka stood by the entrance of the shop while her eyes adjusted to the outside world. Only seconds later of blindness, her eyes were fine and well adjusted. She started to walk in the same direction she came from when she heard yelling. Ruka turned her head to figure out where it was coming from. She brushed her hair behind her ears so she could hear just a little better and narrowed her eyes. The box she held was placed under her arm as her hands moved in her pockets. "Sounds like someone is having fun." She told herself with a smile. "I guess I better go check it out." The woman began to walk in the direction of the commotion. Minutes of walking had passed by. The closer she got, the more people she saw crowding by the theatre. "Well that looks interesting." Ruka stated as she closed her feet together. She looked around to see if any of the knights were coming, but none were. A sigh of relief escaped. She hasn't had any problems with the knights, but she'd rather stay low-key and off their radar if she could help it. Ruka thought more about the knights, but the voice broke her concentration. The voice that called everyone around.

Once the young Kelvic made it to the crowd, she saw the man yelling. Standing tall with confidence. It was hard for her to see so she went around the side of the crowd to get a better look. Ruka noticed all the man's goods placed on a mat. Paints, mugs, vases, planters, etc. An amused smile curled the wolf's lips as she stared at the man's things. A man trying to make a living. She thought. When she heard a child spoke, it distracted her. The child seemed nervous. Almost scared. Ruka felt a little bad for him. He had a hard time speaking. Ruka watched him intently. Her blue eyes focused on the stranger's and boy's conversation. The kelvic's smile disappeared when she thought the man made the little boy uncomfortable. But that wasn't the case. Still, she remained focused and watched the man take the child's request. His work made Ruka interested. When the man wanted more requests, she stepped in front of the crowd. The box still under her arm and her blue eyes staring at the stranger while her long light blonde hair stayed behind her shoulders. The kelvic didn't look like much. She wore a black top, pants and black boots that clung to her body as her white coat kept them in place.

"I'd like one." Ruka told the stranger when she stepped forward. She could feel all eyes on her, but that didn't bother her. She was used to being different from everyone else. A little orphan girl. The woman smiled at him as she took a step closer. "Can I have the little flower plot?".

Boxcode credit: Karin Ironyach
"Most people want to be the sun that brightens up your day. I want to be the moon that shines down on your darkest hour"

Ruka's Sheet | Ruka's Journal | Ruka's Plotnotes
Ruka Emilia
The Dark Predator

Words: 7195
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2017, 2:23 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Aladari Coolwater on May 29th, 2017, 6:43 pm

The tide brings in your grades.

Name:Ruka Emilia
XP Award:
  • Observation: 1
  • Socialization: 1
  • Logic: 1
Lore:
  • Lore of Syliras Knights: No Problems So Far
  • Lore of Street Merchants: Making a Living

Penalties/Rewards :
Please subtract the 4 GM and add the arrows to your inventory, Ruka.

Comments :
Don't forget to edit your request to reflect its graded status. If you have any questions or feel I forgot something, please contact either me or the local ST.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3