Just an Idea: Original Mizaharian Armor and Weapons?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Prophet on December 11th, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originality, depth... these are things your driving at with this argument. We get it (that's why we're here, too).

Instead of asking someone to write up a new mineral or crazy tough tree, why not develop something through your character in game?

Konti make their daggers from shells. Akalaks fashion theirs from glassbeak horns. Why not use what's around you and do something through your posts?

If we had a staff of sixteen people or so, we could explore more avenues of expanding the game in the kind of directions you're suggesting but we don't. There's Goss, a behind-the-scenes Gillar and four other STs. We're all coming up with new things for our domains that players can use or ignore as they please but we also have a lot of admin work to do not to mention our own PCs.

I'm going to refrain from being an absolute jerk and not point out a handful of things that could stop this conversation in its tracks. Instead, I'm going to ask you to kindly leave this alone.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on December 11th, 2017, 7:32 pm

I'll leave this alone. When there's a time that we can come back to this we can always do so.

I do remember an ST talking to me about developing Mizahar's outer space stuff awhile ago.

Since Prophet has already explained how much of a struggle it is with development already. I'm gonna keep this on hold, and we could probably move this to archive for the time being. While in the meantime I can work on the Carpentry Skill development, and the in-game development of new weapons and such.

Apologies if this seemed that I was pushing this thread. It was sudden, and this won't pop up until it best seems fit.

Also, thank you Prophet for giving me the blunt part of the sword to me. Appreciate the gesture! :)
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on December 11th, 2017, 8:17 pm

It's always a good idea to actually attempt to finish one of the dozens of projects you've been working on (and not touching) for years first.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous