Clay Work Gifts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Clay Work Gifts

Postby Jade Laken on January 19th, 2018, 5:21 am

Clay Work

Nestled among the sand and bushes stands an open face pottery kiln. The building has two main parts, one the open area where the clay bowls and cups can be fired; the other is the actual shop which houses the shelving used for display. Towards the back of the shop is a counter where the owner can be found making notes and sketching new designs.

The newly opened business is ran by a young drykas woman by the name of Jade. She can be found with a smile on her face most days. The girl does not share the harsh belief of her people back in Endrykas. Though not the strongest fighter, she can be found working with her rapier on days that are slow.

Goods offered-
Item Sizes/Units Prices
Bowls 5" to 8" 1 cm to 4 cm
Cups 6" to 12" 3 cm to 7 cm
Dishes 5" to 8" 1 cm to 4 cm
Jugs 16 oz to 1 gallon 1 sm to 4 sm

Base Income: Potter 5 gm/day

Skill Bonus: Novice Pottery 0 gm/day

Sale's Bonus 1 gm/day

Total Income: 6 gm/day

Assets -
-Book, blank (Used to record orders) - 3 gm
-Ink, 4oz - 4 gm (1 gm x 4)
-Ink Vial - 1 gm
-Quill - 5 cm
-200 lbs of Clay - 20 cm
-Pottery Kiln - 50 gm
-Potter's kit - 25 gm
Total: 83 gm 25 cm

Materials needed -
Workshop Simple: 600 GM
Office Simple: 200 GM
Bath, Simple: 200 GM
Total Loan: 1083 cm 2 sm 5 cm
Last edited by Jade Laken on February 28th, 2018, 6:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Clay Work Gifts

Postby Gillar on January 28th, 2018, 7:07 am

So far, so good however you need to lay out how much you will be getting with income and potential bonuses as well as put forth the upfront cost of the goods you are selling.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Clay Work Gifts

Postby Jade Laken on January 28th, 2018, 7:14 am

what do you mean by income and potential bonuses?
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Clay Work Gifts

Postby Gillar on February 27th, 2018, 9:21 pm

You have to lay out what you expect to get as far as income from this business. It is spelled out in the Samples in this forum. Also, look a the Price List under the Income section as it explains it there as well.

Bonuses are based on skill as well as business ownership; also spelled out in the Price List Income section as well as the samples in this forum.

All goods sold in your shop as well as furniture and the structure itself are considered assets. In addition to the shop, any furniture that is not otherwise included in the structure must be paid for and added to the assets list in the business plan. All goods sold must have an initial purchase cost included as well. So if you want to have a certain sized bowl in your business price list, you have to buy that type of bowl and add it to your asset list.

Look at the sample plans in this forum as well as other businesses that have been approved to see what they did to get an idea what is needed in the business plan.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Clay Work Gifts

Postby Gossamer on February 28th, 2018, 12:34 am

To be approved for Syka, you need to pick an image that fits the theme of clay pottery and a name that isn't reminiscent of a 'gift shop' which is not appropriate for Syka.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Clay Work Gifts

Postby Jade Laken on February 28th, 2018, 1:24 pm

I think I have covered everything. Also sorry for the confusion gillar. My brain went way off in left field. When you said to do the wages and bonus I thought you meant figure up exactly how much the business would make every season.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Clay Work Gifts

Postby Gossamer on February 28th, 2018, 8:12 pm

Did you do threadwork in Syka to either cover the building of the Kiln, the business itself's building, or the importation of it? Because I am not a big fan of manifesting things out of thin air. And I haven't seen you do any threads where you have discussed a business with a Founder or got on a waiting list for building in Syka.

Its okay if you were waiting for the business to get approved, but I've been urging everyone to get on their plans early and want to make sure you understand part of this business needs to be built in game and not just manifested.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Clay Work Gifts

Postby Jade Laken on February 28th, 2018, 9:14 pm

I will most likely have the kiln imported since I have not seen any pc or NPCs(will look again to make sure) with the building skill. I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row for the write up and was going to talk with you about all the founder stuff
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes