Hope is for Pansies [Kendall/Daeva]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Sulavik on January 31st, 2011, 1:59 am

3rd Winter, 510AV
Late afternoon

Jil'sk was tiring. Sulavik could tell. He had ridden hard today, rising early in the morning before the sun had risen. He had been awoken from his slumber by an active mind - screams echoing in his head as he saw himself, as if watching from outside, slash at his uncle's throat in a fit of murderous rage. In a way, he supposed he was watching the events from outside. Sulavik had been pushed outside, pushed into submission by the dominant Makil - an unwelcome addition to the already confused mindset of Sulavik. The recently born Makil was certainly the more dominant, but allowed Sulavik to rule for now - realising the Sulavik was less likely to get them killed in regular situations.

Of course she's tiring, you idiot. You rode her hard all day. It's not the petching horse's fault that you have nightmares, like a child. Makil spoke up in his head. Sulavik felt a flash of derision rise to the forefront of his conciousness, Makil making his thoughts known - as he always did. It was extremely irritating to have to share your mind with someone who though most of what you did was stupid. Though, Makil was useful. His murderous rage would help in the long run.

Not my fault, either, Makil dearest. You're the one that killed Uncle Jelis. Your fault I have these dreams. Nevertheless, it was imperative that Sulavik rest Jil'sk soon, before the stubborn horse gave out from exhaustion. The images of the dusty maps he often consulted back in Riverfall flashed through his mind. He was in the middle of the Wildlands, close to Zeltiva and Syliras. Sulavik was reluctant to sleep in the middle of the road, worried for what could come upon him in the middle of the night. Where could he stay for the night...

How stupid are you?

What?

Priskil's Pond. I swear you have the memory of a fish.

Thanks for your opinion, Makil. Now shut up. You're irritating me.

Fortunately for the survival of what little there was of Sulavik's sanity, Makil did indeed shut up. Sulavik urged Jil'sk with his heels, coaxing out a few miles from her, and though the horse was near exhaustion, she rallied to the cause. They galloped the last few miles, Makil mercifully silent and Sulavik just glad of the chance to rest. He reached the glade not long after, perhaps an hour.

The pond certainly was as beautiful as the books said. The pond was a tranquil blue, the water still. The grass was green and seemed perfect to Sulavik as a place to rest his head. There was plenty of fruit hanging from a plethora of trees. The place was ethereal and Sulavik, for the first time in an age,felt as though a god might be good. Hope stirred in him, almost involuntarily.

But of course Makil had to ruin it.

Yum, meat!

Shut up, Makil. Could you not see I was having a moment? You know, the divine deities touching my mortal soul, and all that shit?

I know. That's why I spoke. You may think guys are scrumptious, but it doesn't mean you have to turn into an emotional woman.

Sulavik didn't even bother to reply. Getting off Jil'sk with a sigh, he arranged a blanket over her back and began to erect his tent, getting out everything he would need for the night. Guess he would be staying here, then.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Daeva Timandre on January 31st, 2011, 2:33 am

Daeva never rode. She held no horse, hailed no caravan. It was only what she could fit in a sack and what Masou could scrounge up for a shared meal that made her pass the days in silence… or at least relative silence. Citlali was a constant and permanent companion, stuck in one body, who often was unhindered in her incessant displays of good thoughts and sickening advice.

That morning Daeva had surged the djed that she could gather into shield that she weaved clumsily but effectively around her studded leather vest. She had meditated extensively, knowing full well the end result would be far from perfect, but it was the least she could do, in case she had come in contact with a stray bandit or two who sought to cause her trouble. Only once had there been an issue with less than pleasant mortal men, and at least at the time, it seemed more fun to cause harm than it was to flee.

As time passed, Daeva knew the shield would decrease in potency. She stopped for a moment, calling for Masou to stand beside her as she breathed in, exhaled and strung the strands of djed to weave into the failing shimmering shield now on her vest. It strengthened, but she knew throughout the week she would have to continue this process in the hopes of keeping up at least a small protection against djed.

Daeva continued, walking through brush and foliage, torn branches and rough patches of dirt littered with leaves and sticks that crunched beneath her feet. Her infravision told her of the presence of another in the direct vicinity she was heading towards, and as Daeva surged djed into her eyes and triggered her auristics, the akontak noticed it was an incredibly tall man. His aura surged and radiated in the coming darkness, and despite the risks, Daeva was curious.

Too tall for just any man. An Akalak? Wandering alone?

Be cautious, you don’t know if he’s friend or foe.

He doesn’t know if we’re one either, so let’s find out, shall we?

Daeva, keep your guard up. He could be a bandit.

You think bandits travel alone?

You think bandits don’t hide? They can be anywhere.

Daeva ignored Citlali’s plea and continued on, pushing past an irritating bush until she came upon Priskil’s Pond, with the beautiful sight of moderately large, calm pool of water. Masou bounded forward, growling softly as the wind picked up the scent of the Akalak not too far from where she now stood.

“Hey, tall blue boy, She called, approaching almost casually toward the tall, imposing male, “I’m going to assume you’re not a bandit, let’s hope my assumption is right.”
Daeva Timandre
I wrestled with angels all my life.

Words: 45274
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:02 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on January 31st, 2011, 3:19 am

Syliras was still a long while away. It was only three days ago that he was walking through the streets of Zeltiva. Granted in those days he was more like a plague than a person. Since his accident no one had given him the time of day. The only thing he had left was Dyakana, his horse and Ivak, the God who sad him that… horrible day. He tried not to think back to the days he was female. It only hurt to mentally relive what felt like a past life. When refections told you that you were a blonde male memories where you were a girl seemed to be nothing more than dreams. It had been a long road getting to where he was. Not just where he was in the Wildlands but where he was emotionally. He was finally starting to give in it this body. The impulses that it harbored were the hardest to deal with but everything took time to sort out.

Now Kendall was walking quietly alone through the Wildlands. He had left Cathan behind to hunt and he was taking this time to try and figure things out. Although he liked the Kelvic's company at times he still missed being alone. It was a bit odd. For so long he had complained about being alone and now that he had someone to travel with he missed the silent nights he left alone. The issue with being alone was there was no one to protect you though. He walked through the night jumping at every sound that was not made by his own feet. First it was a mouse skittering through the snow. Kendall merely jumped a bit at that sound. Next there were voices. One sounded a bit masculine while the other was clearly more feminine. His blue and green eyes were wide as the sounds met his ears. "They are going to get me. They are going to find me and hurt me like they did in Zeltiva. I can't be hurt again. I cannot lose myself again." Kendall placed his hand on his sword and walked forward. He was going to get these people before they could kidnap him. He would not be taken advantage of again.

Through a break in the trees Kendall could see two tall people talking near a pond. They were much taller than any person he had ever seen and they were both… blue? Where had he heard of blue people before? It must have been at the university. They were called Akelics? No, that was not right. Akalak? That sounded a bit better. He squinted at them in the dimming light and tried to think of a plan to get the upper hand on them. He could not feel any strong malevolence from the blue people so he decided to take a different approach. He would introduce himself. If they made a move he would set fire to the trees around him. He could not be burned so what did he care? When he walked closer to the man and woman he noticed how much he was lacking in height compared to them. He was only 5'10 and they towered over him. There had to be bravery behind his words though. If they knew he was scared they would kill him. He knew they would. "Hello." It was all he could get out before fear took control of his vocal chords. He gripped hard to the hilt of his sword and tried again. "It is not everyday I get to meet Akalak." He swore at himself in his head for saying such a ridiculous thing to them. They were not animals! "Not that you are some rare sight or something! I am from Zeltiva and…" He gave up as he began to notice he was fighting a losing battle against his nerves and his utter lack of social skills. "Well at least if they are kidnappers they will kill me and put me out of my misery now."
Last edited by Kendall Saarinen on January 31st, 2011, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sulavik on January 31st, 2011, 6:50 am

Unpacking the horse and discerning just what he needed for the night was irritating. Makil had a habit of making his opinions known even when it was seriously not needed.

We don't need the fishing kit.

I know.

So why have you got it out?

Because I was getting it out to get to the flint.

Why do you need a flint?

Because we need fire.

Why do we need fire?

For warmth.

Why don't you just get your blanket out?

I'm getting that out too.

Why didn't you get it out in the first place?

Makil, shut up.

There's an Akontak behind you.

I said shut up-- what?

As Sulavik turned around, his eyes widened with shock as they landed on one of his own race - well, half of his race. One of the rare Akontak stood behind him and was talking to him. She was moderately tall - shorter than he, of course, but still tall for a woman - with the fierce white hair and eyes that categorised the Akontak as different from his own race. That, and she was a woman. She called out, all suave and casual, but stayed a good distance away. Anger flared in Makil at the uncaring tone she took to him, but Sulavik knew better. After all, what was one lonely Akontak, shorter than he going to do?

Standing up fully and discarding the fishing kit and flint from his hands, he wiped down his knees as if to rid himself of any dirt that may be on his clothes. He turned to her, a sarcastic smile on his face. "Of course I ain't a bandit, shorter blue girl. But then again, a bandit would say that, so you shouldn't necessarily trust me." Sulavik mentally willed Makil to stay silent, at least until they had ascertained her status - threat or otherwise. Despite the grumble that rolled in his mind, he knew Makil would do as he asked.

Before their conversation could progress much farther, a human male walked up to the pair of them. He was shorter than Sulavik and the Akontak girl. There was something less masculine about him, his face more rounded, angles less sharp - a factor that was refreshing from the hard planes of his people's muscles.

Focus, man. Now is not the time to ogle the newcomer, however attractive he may be.

Makil, shut up. I was not ogling, I was observing. Get down, boy.

Sulavik was impressed by the boy's bravery - or stupidity. How many weaker looking people would willingly approach a pair of giant, muscled blue people? "Well, now you've met one. It's not everyday I get to meet a shorter, either brave or stupid, human male - from Zeltiva or otherwise" He smiled at the boy, willing him to realise he wasn't a threat. He didn't care what the girl thought.

If that was your attempt at flirting, that was pitiful.

Makil, how many times do I have to tell you to SHUT UP!
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Postby Daeva Timandre on February 2nd, 2011, 12:24 am

Daeva smirked at his response. She flipped on her auristics, as she took a mental note to concentrate as well as she could. His aura was bright, exceedingly so, especially up-close, and what she could gather from him was the miniscule detail that he was, in fact, stating the truth. She flipped it off then, blinking once or twice as she settled the djed back into her core.

“So you’re a lone Akalak just traveling through the Wilds fraught with dangers and untold horrors, and not back in the sanctity of the Akalak haven?”

You’re questioning him on his reasons for being in the middle of the Wilds, yet we’re also alone in the Wilds. Don’t you think that’s being a bit silly?

I’m sparking up a conversation. Interrogation comes first, then an allegiance, that is, unless he wants to be a pain in the ass, in that case, we can leave him for the Zith.

“And don’t worry, I don’t trust you,” She replied as an afterthought, only to have their conversation abruptly ended by the arrival of a boy who also, conveniently, traveled alone. Daeva stared at him for several chimes, white eyes boring into his skin, watching, waiting. She could sense it, he held a mark, a mark similar to hers.

Ivak.

He’s an Azenth, a fellow servant of the Fire Lord. We might find a friend in him.

Daeva watched the exchange between the Akalak and the human male, and from the conclusion, the Akontak quirked a brow. “You’re odd, and it shows. I think I understand why you’re out here alone.” She turned to Kendall then and smiled deviously, “I’m not an Akalak, I’m an Akontak; Half Akalak, half Konti. You are an Azenth, as am I.” She said this matter of factly then showed her mark so blatantly apparent on the underside of her wrist. “Ivak guides us, at least we have this in common."
Daeva Timandre

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on February 2nd, 2011, 2:21 am

The tall man's comment hit Kendall where it hurt. He did not take negative comments well, even when they were said with friendly connotations. "Great! Now he thinks am stupid… and the girl is going to think I am stupid!" Fingers drummed on the sword sitting loyally at Kendall's side. He was not going to unsheathe it in front of these strangers it was more of a nervous habit. Of course, the scars on his hands would be protection enough.

A spike of fear shot through Kendall as the woman began to speak. There did not seem to be any nicer words coming from the tall woman either. If this woman would have caught him a season earlier he would have teared up at the remark of him being odd. He merely looked down at the ground and took the words with stride. In a way he deserved them for stumbling into the pairs meeting so awkwardly. "Hello to both of you. I'm sorry for my intrusion." He blushed at the woman's correction of her race. How could he be so stupid! He had not known much about Akontak but there had been mention of them at the university. "How interesting. It is not every day I…" His thoughts were cut short as what felt like a bolt of fire shot through him. In that moment all shyness was lost. How could he had not sensed it on the woman. He looked at the flames so apparent on her wrist and he felt his heart racing. He had been so sightless! In his worried fervor to get closer to these people he had missed the fact one of his own was standing right in front of him. "You are an Azenth…" He spoke quietly and full of awe. He had not met one before! In truth he did not think he would for seasons if not years! He shyly pulled up his sleeve to show the red flames that wrapped around his wrist. "It is good to meet one of my own. Have you been marked by Ivak for long?" Nervous eyes shot over to the Akalak as he pulled his sleeve back down. There were not a lot of people who took kindly to followers of Ivak. Judging by the way the two Akalak had spoken prior they did not know each other so there was no telling if the man would take offense to those marked by fire.

The look do not last long before Kendall averted his eyes from Sulavik to the snowy ground. He did not like looking people in the eye too often. There had been far too many people who stared at him due to the mismatched color of his eyes. While some people would find it quite interesting to have one eye be blue and the other green Kendall saw it as yet another way people were going to hate him and think he was, as the woman put it, odd.

Although Kendall was a bit daunted by the tall people he tried to keep his words steady as he spoke. "So what brings you two to the Wildlands?" After the words left his mouth Kendall began to insult himself in his mind again. "I'm so stupid! I'm not picking up some date at the Kelp Bar! These are random strangers in the Wild!" He looked up at the tall blue man and then to the woman. He wanted to talk to her more about their common connection to Ivak but he was sure that was a conversation best to save. He was sure the Akalak had an interesting story to tell as well. It was not every day one of them just chose to leave Riverfall. "Well why would someone want to stay where there is no women? It would be boring with no girls to look at." His eyes shot open wide and he cursed himself under his breath. "For the love of the Gods, it is getting worse…" He shook his head and desperately tried to banish the thoughts of beautiful women out of his head. It still did not seem right to think of girls like that. In a way it was reassuring to Kendall. It meant some where in him there was still that brown haired and blue eyed girl from Zeltiva. She was slipping though. He could feel it.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sulavik on February 3rd, 2011, 7:20 am

The Akontak's attitude irritated him. Sure, he was wondering around the Wilds alone, but so was she. And there's no way in hell he'd be likely to tell her why he wasn't back in Riverfall. As Sulavik got more and more annoyed, he could feel the risings of true anger from Makil. It was far too easy these days to set him off, his darker soul less stable than it was. But Sulavik often managed to calm him down, as he did now.

Calm down, Makil. Sure, this woman's a sarcastic bitch, but face it - you're harder to deal with than she is. So grab some wood and settle down.

You're annoying when you're rational.

But luckily for Sulavik, Makil did calm down, though he did feel a simmering irritation in the back of his mind. Sulavik wasn't entirely sure if the irritation was his, Makil's or a combination of both. Most likely it was the latter. For a darker soul that was meant to rip apart the harmony of Sulavik's life, or something as his now deceased uncle had explained it to him (which was his own fault, the bastard), they really did get on like friendly rival brothers. Was that strange for an Akalak? Maybe so.

Yes, it's strange. I always said you were weird.

Shut up.

Ignoring his buddy Makil, trying not to roll his eyes at himself, which might look strange (though as an Akontak, he was sure she knew the feeling), he smiled sardonically at the woman. "Riverfall just wasn't to my tastes, you know? Couldn't keep up with me, was too advanced for that place." Raising an eyebrow, he continued. "Though, I could say the same of you. Why are YOU out in the wilds? And the non-trust is mutual, honey."

Later, after the boy had appeared and Sul had spoken to him, he was startled by the Akontak's remark. She knew? She knew why she left Riverfall? Surely she couldn't, for he had not given any indication of his sexual preference. What would happen now?

Yes you did.

I did what?

Gave an indication.

How did I do that? No I didn't.

Oh, so depressingly bad flirting is NOT an indication?

Shut up.

He watched as the woman and the man had their end of the conversation. So, they were both Azenth, marked by Ivak. He did not envy them. To be marked by a God, to have a God such as Ivak watching you, following your progress in the world... well, it was intimidating. The responsibility would get to Sulavik. Sulavik was here on this world to do one thing, and that involved his father.

Don't. Don't think about him, Sulavik. Don't. But Makil had already began to get angry, thoughts stirring, Makil coming to the forefront of his mind. That bastard! How dare he not accept him? What happened to fatherly love? And his uncle! His doubting, ridiculous, idiotic uncle! He had deserved what had happened to him, he had deserved the blood flowing out of his neck, the blood that was released by Sulavik's very own Lakan. The blood that should be released from his fathers neck -- oh it would be, and soon. Just as soon as Makil was ready. Soon.

But Makil was pushed back as Sulavik came into awareness once again of his surroundings. The pretty boy was addressing him. It was probably best that the fragile little male, as he was - and extremely alluring because of it - did not meet Makil at such an early stage of their aquantaince. Sulavik smiled a rather tense smile. Rather than answer first, for he was sure the story of how he slashed his uncle's throat and ran off to train to kill his father would not endear him to the two before him, he dodged the question.

"Oh, you know. Just wandering. Maybe ask the big blue woman? She might have a story or two." He finished up his statement with a wink in the boy's direction.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Postby Daeva Timandre on February 6th, 2011, 7:12 am

Daeva stared at the boy. There was something odd about him, as if he gave off an air of femininity. A subtle hint that he seemed uncomfortable even in his own skin. There was something sorely hurting in the young man’s mind, and for some reason it dug into her core. She shook her head suddenly, blinking once or twice as if her vision had suddenly become blurry and she needed to relieve it.

“Don’t apologize. After several of them it just grates on the nerves,” She said then a shadow of a smile worked it’s way on her lips as she noticed the mark of the Azenth on his own wrist. So she had been right, of course. “I’ve been marked for three years, also when I came to find Masou here, the stupid mutt.” Masou whined softly, but it seemed more like a mock sound than a genuine one. He stood beside his mistress loyally, there was no doubt in his eyes.

When Sulavik spoke Daeva held a grin as she responded, “You mean you just couldn’t get some ass there and decided you’d try somewhere else. It’s alright, I understand.”

Honey. What a queer.

Can you be undisruptive for once? Traveling in a group is far more advisable than traveling alone. We have an opportunity here.

I’m not being disruptive. If the blue ape cares to be my ‘acquaintance’ he will at least know who he’s ‘acquainted’ with. I’m not going to wear a mask and pretend I’m you. Too much effort.

Citlali mentally sighed just as Daeva stared at Sulavik during his extra flirting maneuver toward the boy.

“Reign in the bulls your queer is showing.”

Daeva!

Regardless, when she spoke, she directed it at both of them, “Let’s just say the white witches were attempting to eradicate me and I didn’t find it such a pleasant idea so I left.” Short sweet, and to the point. “So lets hear from you, kid. Not often you see a lone human traveling alone. They usually stick to groups like the cowards they are. Slower, easily picked off…” She smiled.
Daeva Timandre

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on February 9th, 2011, 3:00 am

It was becoming a bit obvious that Kendall had stumbled into a fight between the tall blue people. He did not belong with these two. He was used to the feeling though. He did not belong much of anywhere it seemed. There was no home in Zeltiva and he had no clue where he was going now. "Well... I think that stories a personal thing. I mean... you never know who's are painful." Nervous eyes looked over the two as Kendall hoped one of them would speak up in the verbal absense. The words did come but they were quite biting. The blue woman was harsh with her words and Kendall could only feel happy that he was not the one to upset her. What was it that she said though? It seemed as though she was saying the man was gay. No wonder the man was making eyes at him earier! "Don't feel too bad about it. We all need to move on at some point. Sometimes home isn't what is best. I know that all to well." He did not go farther than those words. He had once again said too much. He craved sympathy and yet he did not want to share his problems. He had yet to find someone who he felt could carry them. If his own family could not handle the dreadful news then why would a pair of strangers. Tall blue strangers at that...

The words wanted to come out. Kendall had never been given the chance to discuss his brush with the far away God of fire. How much could he tell without releasing his big secret though. There was a rhyme and reason to why he was so awkward and distant but was it really better for them to know. Kendall had gotten used to the strange looks and had settled on just being that odd feminine guy. It was better than being known as... well what he was. "I have not been touched by Ivak as long. I've had my mark since... about a season and a half ago..." "When I was..." Even in his mind he could not say it. He fought over the words in his mind. The words crashed with memories and the memories crashed with emotions. He was starting to lock down again. "No! You kept the memories away so well. Don't let them come back!" If it was not for the snarky comment from the woman Kendall might have broken down right in front of the two strangers. He erupted into a bright red blush at her words. "No no no, I'm not queer! Why would you think..." He stopped in his tracks when he noticed that the woman was not talking to him. "For the love of the Gods, she wasn't... I made a complete fool of myself!" He looked over to Sulavik and gave him a shy smile. "If that was flirtation, it was appreciated." He was aware that the comment made him sound a little gay but he hated to see the man get embarassed. He was not what Kendall usually found apealing but he did catch his attention. He obviously was interested, or interested enough to try and flirt. Kendall might have flirted back if the woman was not there, and of course if he had not loudly denounced being a homosexual.

"I'm sorry that happened to you miss. I also found myself in a position where I had to leave home. It really is painful." Kendall tried to keep his sight forward as he talked but it was hard not to look down out of habit. "I... lost a part of myself so to speak, back home. I don't think I will find it anywhere. I never left home until now and in a way that is a little sad. I am in my early twenties and yet I have not seen much past Zeltiva's walls. I guess you could say I've changed a lot recently and my family does not like who I have become. I'm just trying to find somewhere where I can just be... myself... I guess?" He started to lose himself as he continued to talk. He did not like only telling half of the story. It was unbecoming of a literature scholar like him. Of course, his scholarly days were over now.

A little flare of anger licked at Kendall's emotions. "Not all humans are cowards. I would say a good lot of us put up with a lot more than meets the eye." He debated the next words he was going to say. He had not even made notion of them before and there would be no going back after he let them go. "I would go as far as to say you have no idea. It takes a lot to keep from going mad after you have everything taken from you. I'm sure you can look at yourself everyday and know who you are looking at. Some of us do not have that privilege. Even if people tried to eradicate you I am sure you would shit twice if you had to face what I had to. I'm no elitist but do not ever lump me with coward humans. I have more courage than you could imagine." He had said it, or gotten close to it. He had not even admited that much to himself. These two strangers now knew more than anyone had about the accident. "Be thankful for what you have. At least when you look down at yourself or even at others you know it is you and your thoughts and not someone else entirely." There it was again. The words that he had dared not to utter even in his darkest hours. "Live one day as me, either one of you, and I can assure you that you will never find me to be a coward ever again." His mismatched eyes were burning now. "It's time to find calm again. There is no reason to get heated." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. It was not normally the best action to take when in the company of two stronger and taller strangers but he needed to calm down. He had gotten quite the temper since that horrible night. "Pardon my outburst. It was not appropriate."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sulavik on February 9th, 2011, 9:59 am

The ramblings pertaining to Azenth had nothing really to do with Sulavik. Thankfully, it allowed the pair of them - Makil and Sulavik - to mentally prepare for the sarcastic comments that were sure to come from the bitchy Akontak.

You could always just stab her? Not like anyone would miss her.

Yeah, Makil. I'm SURE the fragile human boy would be totally fine with me stabbing my Lakan into her neck.

That's a hot image... Oh wait, except you're gay.

You're a bastard, has anyone ever told you that?

Yeah... you.

He was sure the mental argument would have continued if it weren't for the predicted comment from the woman interrupting. He supposed he could try and deny everything she said, stick to his cock and bull story of him being 'too advanced' for Riverfall. Or, he could just go with the truth, which she had intuitively guessed. And yet, before he could casually denounce his controversial sexuality to complete and utter strangers, the boy cut in with a sympathetic comment. Smiling, though the boy's comment was serious, he continued the banter. A young boy, such as the one before him - and one as cute as he (Makil snorted) - should not have such a look of sorrow. "Oh, no. I don't feel bad about it. Especially not when I have cute boys to look at. They manage to cheer me up." He winked at the end of his comment, though half heartedly. He really wasn't very good at the flirting thing - yet, he didn't get any practice in Riverfall. Perhaps there would be more opportunities to practice in Ravok, once he got there, but for the here and now, his half-hearted attempts would have to do. Rather than reacting to the girl's comment, he winked saucily at her. "At least my queer is sexy."

You're an idiot.

And you're an asshole.

Turning to the boy, after watching his denial attempts amusedly, he bowed lowly, extravagantly, graciously. "I am glad my flirtation is appreciated. It's available anytime." The Akontak's excuse was flippant and ridiculous, Sulavik rolling his eyes as she made up stories about nothing in particular. He supposed he couldn't really judge either, as he did not give an explanation himself, instead deflecting the question - but really. The boy's explanation was much more heartwrenching and only made Sulavik want to give him a hug, and ... other things.

OH GODS. Sulavik, mind keeping the graphic images OUT of here?

But the boy's outburst left him silent. That one boy, not yet a man and clearly not confident in himself, should have so much conviction and fuel to argue such a topic - and that he even had the pain that went with it. Sulavik was in awe. Not only was the boy convicted, but he was logical and passionate. Stepping back, unwilling to get too involved in the increasing dispute, he gave the boy a thumbs up. "I believe ya, kid. You've definitely got courage, standing up to a feisty Akontak like that."

Moving over to wear the shorter girl stood, he slung an arm around her shoulder and tousled her hair affectionately, grinning happily down at her. He may have seemed simplistic and idiotic, but he was only hoping to diffuse the tension. "Now now, Akontak girl I am yet to learn the name off. Lay off the boy - he's cute. Be nice. Don't bite."
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Next