Hope is for Pansies [Kendall/Daeva]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Daeva Timandre on February 21st, 2011, 7:41 am

The subtle implications were there. Daeva was surrounded by queers. Not that she minded. On the contrary, she found it fascinating, especially for the Akalak. A homosexual male must be frightful in a race of all men. What would they do to him other than outcast? Force him to breed against his will? The questions sprung in her mind and were on the tip of her tongue, but the abrupt outburst from the effeminate boy made her pause.

The laughter that hid in her throat escaped at Kendall’s words. “Such outburst. You’ve got guts, kid, trying to assume that when I called humans cowards I meant all of them. There is nothing cowardly about you other than the stupidity you just displayed by attempting to talk me down. Let me tell you something, child. I live with a bitch that threatens to take control from me and destroy my very existence. At least you have the luxury of having a body that belongs to you, regardless of what happens.”

Daeva’s eyes flared and brightened, as if the right light caught her eye and displayed the tapetum lucidum so prominent in some animals. Her tall frame loomed over Kendall as her voice grew louder.

“Never assume that my life has not been the shitstorm it has been, human. You are just like the rest of them. Assuming you deserve some kind of recognition for living in this pathetic world full of pathetic people. There is nothing to gain but death when you’re outspoken and if I…”

Voice trailed off, Daeva’s eyes widened as if she had been abruptly paralyzed. Her white irises melted into a bright cyan, and the voice that spoke then was calm, gentle, and full of acceptance that might have appeared so utterly opposite of the voice spoken not a chime earlier.

“That had gone too far.” Said the light twin, “Daeva can get vicious when someone decides to start a quarrel, but I never found a reason to interfere other than now, to protect you from her harsh words. I only wish I had done it sooner.” Her hand was extended to Kendall in a greeting, “My name is Citlali, such a pleasure to meet you in person.”

Citlali! Daeva screamed in the back of her mind. You petching bitch! How dare you!

Calm yourself. I am not looking to take control indefinitely, I had to stop you from hurting this boy any further. Citlali responded eloquently, whilst her gaze traveled to Sulavik.

Daeva only felt smothered by the weight of the light sister’s control, pushing against the boundaries of her sister’s conscience, but finding the lack of strength to overcome her. The fear was renewed, and the pushing continued, but to no avail. Citlali contined, in the meantime.

“A pleasure to meet you Sulavik. You’re both colorful characters! And now that Daeva is safe in her corner of our body I can assume we can continue this conversation and getting-to-know-each-other without fear of a quarrel. Please, I’m quite interested as to the reasons you left Riverfall. If it’s not too much trouble…?”
Daeva Timandre
I wrestled with angels all my life.

Words: 45274
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:02 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on March 2nd, 2011, 1:50 am

The Akalak provided a bit of calmness for Kendall. At least one of the tall strangers was friendly to him. The Akontak on the other hand scared him a bit. She was a little too aggressive for his tastes. Maybe Zeltiva had softened him though. Were the ladies of that seemingly far away sea town just too mellow from the waves? Kendall smiled at Sulavik. "Well look all you want." It was a little strange flirting with the tall man. He was so… tall! "More new adventures. It seems as though I really do need to get out more."

The backlash from the Akontak truly scared Kendall out of his wits. He knew the woman would have some biting words to spit back at him but she barraged him with her anger. He was not going to back down. Not again. He backed down to Layton and what did he have to show for it? He was alone and he no longer had a family. "I am nothing like the other humans. I was thrown out by my own family when I was on the verge of insanity…" His rant trailed off as Daeva's did. She seemed more gentle and kind. Kendall forced a smile her way, almost not believing such kind words could come from the tall blue woman. "Thank you…" Kendall did not know what else to say. He was happy to see a more calm personality staring him down though. "It is very nice to meet you Citlali, I am Kendall." He felt more confident speaking to this half of the Akontak. He looked over to Sulavik and smiled. "Yes, you have not gotten to talk much handsome, why don't you tell us about Riverfall, if it isn't too painful. I would love to hear about it."

Kendall looked quizzically at Sulavik. If Daeva had a kinder, sweeter soul in her what about Sulavik? He seemed nice enough but what was his other half like? Was he mean or… straight? It was a strange thought. He could not imagine having another soul in his body. He had only heard another person's voice in his head once and that was Ivak's. Even then he was completely freaked out.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sulavik on March 5th, 2011, 8:35 am

Sulavik, and Makil, both agreed with the Akontak - though, perhaps not so violently. They were not as angry as she certainly was. They were angry at their father, the homophobe, the one who deserved to die - but they were not angry at humans who had it easy, nor were they angry at eachother. Despite it being hard, irritating and frustrating to share the one place that should have been utterly private, they seemed to compliment eachother. They never got truly angry at eachother, and neither of them hated the other. Their relationship was a complicated one, but certainly one that worked well.

Sulavik smirked at the arrival of the second soul. Citali her name was, and she was the lighter one. He wondered how much shyke he'd be in if Makil was in charge all the time. There'd probably be a steaming trail of the dead from here to Riverfall if that was the case. He smiled at the boy's confused expression, probably never met anyone with multiple people inside their head. He liked Citali, and felt sorry that she was squashed by such a dominating character.

I'm squashed too!

Yeah, but you actually LIKE me.

... No, I don't.

Liar.

He smirked at the two. "I would introduce you to my second soul, but, he might eat your little nice selves up." Suddenly, they all turned on him, demanding to know of his past in Riverfall and why he had left. He felt a strange tug towards these people - a trust for no good reason - but that did not make him any less hesitant to tell them. They did not need to know he had murdered his uncle, and left in order to train until he could kill his father as well. He was sure that the Akontak would not mind, but the boy? Perhaps not.

He opened his mouth to make up some excuse when there was a rustling behind them. From the direction in which Daeva came. He hissed, a reflex reaction, at the noise. It sounded deliberate, not merely the rustling of wind. His hand strayed to his Lakan, gripping the handle for reassurance, and in readiness. He watched carefully as three Zith walked out.

Zith? What were they doing in the Wildlands? They seemed to be communicating with eachother but of course they could not hear the language. Sulavik was well acquainted with the Zith, having fought them on numerous occasions back home. The one female stepped forward. "What have we got here," she murmured in Common, as if to taunt the three. The voice was seductive, and Makil through his tense warrior mindset could not help but be aroused. "Food, or slaves?" One of the men looked carefully at the rabble before him. "The boy is food," his deep voice rumbled. "The Akontak and the Akalak will make good slaves." The third Zith stayed silent, as they all began to walk towards the three.

"No," hissed Makil. The idea of battle had awoken him from the recesses of Sulavik's mind. "Stay the petch away from the boy."
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Daeva Timandre on May 29th, 2011, 3:17 am

Daeva was seething in the corner of their combined subconscious. Citlali ignored her, focusing her calming attention on Kendall, who apparently looked like he’d just recovered from a heart attack. There was a tentative smile, then a glance at Sulavik, who seemed rather perturbed over the fact that they’d just asked a very personal question, but fortunately for him, trouble seemed to rear its ugly head in the form of three Zith.

When they proclaimed their steak on the prize, Citlali tensed and grasped both her suvai. Daeva laughed maliciously, You think you’re going to hit anyone with those things? We both know who the melee fighter is here, sister.

Citlali glanced at the weapons in her hands, but she couldn’t deny that Daeva was correct. The lighter twin was not a suvai fighter, she was a wizard. Born and bred; a true Timandre daughter. But their magic would do nothing to help them. Try not to stab the boy in the face, she remarked with a hint of disapproval, as she relinquished her reign on their body to Daeva who grinned devilishly.

The Zith didn’t hide their intent, licking their sharp canines with slick tongues. “Let’s dance, ugly.” The dark sister taunted, holding her stance beside Sulavik. One of the Zith extended his wings and flapped hard, ascending with a kick start. With a roar of laughter he dove down, claws splayed, aiming at her face. Daeva leapt away a second too late, and a claw raked her cheek. “Petching shitface--” She growled, as the same Zith circled the air above her and dove again. This time the Akontak ducked, thrusting her suvai upwards to carve into the man’s stomach. With a screech he collided with a wall, tearing chunks from the tree as he righted himself.

Daeva stood in her stance once more, suvai raised to chest level, waiting for his next attack.
Daeva Timandre
I wrestled with angels all my life.

Words: 45274
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:02 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archelon on August 31st, 2011, 7:36 am

oocWith permission from Goss to help clear old threads from Liminal's office :)
Thread Award

"Woah! That's a lot of blue smurfs down there!"

And the Results!!!!:

Kendell :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Rhetoric4
Intimidation3
Observation1

Lores:
Time's scars might one day heal
What is an Akontak?[basic]
What is an Aklack?[basic]

Daeva :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Shielding 1 *See usage note*
Detection1
Auristics2
Suvai1

Lores:
Kendall: what a strange human being(basic)

***Usage Note: Shields for a novice are short lived artifices :), one wouldn't really last since morning.At novice level they can only really: block djed, be tasked against light, or sound :). As such, they're not much protection against bandits until competent :). But at least you kept the details,if spare, within the realm of your skill level. I'd be interested in seeing how you develop things a little more :)

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Well, an enjoyable thread all around. If the other two besides Kendal come back please feel free to send me a nice pm for grading :).
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous