New Medal?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

New Medal/s?

Postby Panna Cotta on February 5th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Kidding aside, if we may suggest for medals, may I put forward the idea of rewarding characters who have received a hundred lores in the course of play - I am unaware if there's such a person at the moment, but it should be possible in the future, yes?

It would be nice to be rewarded a medal for staying around for a year, a decade (a truly magnificent feat!!), and so on, too. Although won't a "veteran award" require some sort of continuous play for a whole year, with at least a thread each season? Just throwing ideas up in the air! :D
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

New Medal?

Postby Rydic Coldfall on February 6th, 2011, 4:51 am

I am for both ideas mentioned above ^^ Obviously being around for a year is worthy of at least something, and hell, the site as a whole being around for a decade would be worth a medal (I sure do hope Mizahar stays around that long, truly the best RPG site I've found, and have been quite disappointed in everything else i've looked at since) Hip hip for contribution!
Rydic Coldfall
Player

Words: 15208
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

New Medal?

Postby Cheshire on February 6th, 2011, 4:32 pm

I second Noble's (you are still Panna to me X3) ideas. I think it is great to see when people stick around for more than a year. I also love the 100 lores accomplishment. Not only is it a fun accomplishment but it inspires creativity and more active posting.

My only other thought might be for an award for 1,000,000 words (or more) although that might be able to be roped into the 1000 posts award.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

New Medal?

Postby Nina P Lily on February 8th, 2011, 5:06 am

Although I'm still very new here, I like the idea of the 100 lores medal and the 1 year active user metal. I also think 1,000,000 metal should count as it's own metal because in the 1000 post award, one post could be would count as 10 words, 50 words, or 100 words. for the 1,000,000 words however, it encourages depth in writing to work towards that goal. Plus, how fun would it be two write five paragraphs, being 3,000 words, and knowing it only counts as 1 towards your goal? Just a random thought...
Within each Orange Lily, there is a hint of yellow, unknowing to the fact of wanting it to spread, so that it may begin to shine, as bright as the Sun ~Nina P. Lily
Nina P Lily
Confiding with a Shadow

Words: 7120
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2011, 3:19 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

New Medal?

Postby Rydic Coldfall on February 8th, 2011, 8:39 pm

The 1,000,000 words would deffinately inspire people to roleplay more in depth if nothing else, though it would probably be accomplished at almost the same time as the 1000 post mark, it'd still serve a reward for those who type 2,000 word posts every time they reply to a thread. (Yes you know who you are) ;)
Rydic Coldfall
Player

Words: 15208
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:21 am
Character sheet

New Medal?

Postby Dramiana Rosenthal on March 9th, 2011, 5:29 am

I actually think, "The Perennial Award" is cute. >_>
I don't even know who Mike is.
Dramiana Rosenthal
Cursed Summoner

Words: 32771
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2010, 4:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

New Medal?

Postby Isette on March 9th, 2011, 9:04 am

Ooh, I vote yes for the 1 year award, the 100 lore award, and the 1,000,000 word award. :)
Isette
The Great and Silly Kitten

Words: 89516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

New Medal?

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on March 10th, 2011, 5:08 pm

I like the ideas for all the medals mentioned. Although like others I have no clue who "Mike" is. I like the 1 year award and the 100 lore award as well as the 1,000,000 word award.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New Medal?

Postby Iris Dove on March 12th, 2011, 3:20 pm

What about a drawing or poetry contest every other month, or something like every 3 months? (So as to get a lot of participants, and not a winner by default). The first round can be decided by a player who will forfeit their ability to participate. Then from then on, the winner will choose the next one? First place winners get the pretty medal? We could even make it so each month has a theme: like theme one for drawing could be draw a miz monster, (may be a great way to pull in some things to help flush out the WD forum), a cartoon of your pc, (or one of them if you have alts), or kittens or something. Poetry could be haikus one time, or free verse the next. Or we could keep it open, and free for all. It makes no difference to me.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Words: 77849
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2010, 5:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

New Medal?

Postby Cheshire on March 12th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Oh, I like that Iris! I'm not the best at drawing but I love poetry (which is why Kendall is constantly writing poetry XD). I'd totally participate if we did that.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

PreviousNext