Closed [Halloween Challenge] When A Ghost Walks The Night

The Meraki have an unwanted visitor.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[Halloween Challenge] When A Ghost Walks The Night

Postby Kelski on November 2nd, 2019, 6:09 am

There was a lot to think about. Ghostly stories, bones laid to rest, a family mystery as old as time. Kelski wondered what had chanced since Albastin and Vivian’s time and her own. The K’etir were more than willing to give her to a Damazar, but things weren’t the same with Vivian and Albastin. It was a lot to think of, and even more so worrisome that The Drust had once struck here, enacting some sort of terrible vengeance. Kelski gave it deep thought as she lightly jogged back to the tower, retrieved a pick and a pair of shovels, and ran back with them.

The Kelvic was no stranger to hard work and dug into the soil with the shovel at once, beginning the grave that would be the new home of Albastin’s remains. She left it to Dessarian to carry the bones, moving them from the basement to where she was busy digging. She felt it was more his place as a great great great grandson – whatever that was – to move them anyhow. And digging gave her time to think.

She put her back into it, using her muscles to dig into the hard earth. It wasn’t like turning the soil in the garden, but the pick helped break up the dirt that wouldn’t budge under the spade’s bite. She swung the pick, broke up the dirt, then shoveled it off to the side. Rocks were quickly broken up by the pick as well, shoveled off, and soon enough Kelski was knee-deep in a square-shaped grave alongside the carved stone. She didn’t know how deep to go, so she stopped only when Dess gave her a nod.

Then they carefully – together – laid out the bones neatly. Kelski gathered late fall flowers and lined the bones with flowers before she stood aside and let Dess refill the hole. While he dug that, Kelski pulled out one of her throwing daggers and inverted it so she could use the hilt to scratch Albastin’s name into the stone. “I promise when I am able, I’ll come back and carve it more deeply like Vivian’s name is when I get the proper tools or learn Earth Reimancy. I’ll plant flowers too, something to honor you both, or perhaps even a tree.” Kelski promised.

She didn’t have words to say anything more, but fortunately, Dess stepped up and talked a few moments. It was beautiful really, Kelski decided, and as the last thing was said and the trio of them – two alive and one dead – stood looking at the grave… the third one faded. It wasn’t as if he lost his energy and vanished. It was as if some sort of door opened up and he stepped through it, leaving the pair of them with the distinct feeling he was absolutely and unquestionably gone.

Kelski glanced at Dess, a thought crossing her mind now that Albastin had faded. It nagged at her as they re-crossed the distance between the makeshift cemetery and the tower. Traveling the overgrown trail, she thought of all that had happened and she knew they’d have to go back to the secret office room.

She wanted to look for evidence of what else was living in the tower – and who the other ghosts were. It was something that wasn’t pressing, especially not for tonight since they’d already managed to lay one to rest. It solved some of the mystery of where they were, but it added more mystery in knowing questions to things Kelski hadn’t even wanted to ask.

But it would have to wait… until later. Until they’ve rested and processed what they’d learned. Tonight was a lot to take in. And as they slipped back into The Gem’s protective stones, Kelski wondered if her life would ever be quiet, normal, and mundane.

Words: 637
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous