Location [Syliras Entrance] The Main Gates

Please post here first after registering!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Entrance] The Main Gates

Postby Acinonyx on July 16th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Aci approached the main gates of Syliras. Guarding them, as usual, were two Sylirian Knights. Aci had passed these gates so many times during his short lifetime so far that he actually recognised these guards, and they recognised Aci too. Often, he had to go on hunts in and around the Bronze Fields, it felt natural and was part of his routine. Approaching the gates now though was like pouring salt into his mental wound suffered from the recent loss of his parents. They had always passed together, never alone, but this time, the wind breezed coldly around his arms as if they were bare.

But enough of that, Aci had to remain positive! His thoughts drifted to a happier memory through association. Now remember, Acinonyx, his father said, the non-shifters don't take kindly to your full human self. Always remain clothed. Don't make my mista-

I know, father, haha!

And with that, a smile was restored upon Aci's face as he reached the Knights.

"You know how it is, just back from a hunt," Aci casually said.

The guards gave a curt nod, and responded, "Hope it was successful, Aci".

With that, Aci was gestured forward.

"Oh, you... might wanna clean yourself up..."

Aci's eyes widened and his face scrunched up in a puzzling look. The knight to the left nodded at Aci's leg. A fresh patch of sticky, deep red blood suddenly revealed itself to him.

"It kinda stinks."

Aci blushed and replied, "Oh, I'm sorry! I never notice!"

The smell of fresh blood does fade away after a long hunt, so Aci was being genuine in his answer. As soon as Aci was out of sight of the guards, he sprinted home out of embarrassment.

Top notch predator you are, Aci...
Acinonyx
Player

Words: 15317
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2014, 12:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Zanne on July 21st, 2014, 4:55 am

45th of Summer, 514
Zane's long trek had finally ended. He had finally reached the fortress of Syliras. The only question was: Did Shiress really make the journey here? It was such a long and tiring task for the man, he couldn't help but wonder how and why she made her way to this city. Hopefully the information he received was accurate. And hopefully it wasn't too late for him to find her.

Zane simply glanced as the knight as he continued through the gates. It was a change to see a man standing guard since there wasn't anything remotely similar in Sunberth. Did that mean that this city was a fresh start for both he and his sister? Was this an end to their tragedy? Or merely a continuation of their pain? The answers lie within his destination, beyond the Syliran gates...
Common | Snake-tongue
Zanne
Player

Words: 22361
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jubilation on July 23rd, 2014, 8:45 am

The girl slowly and cautiously went up to the gates before her. She was glad to have finally reached her destination, but ale a little intimidated by the guards who stood alert at the gates. She jumped of her horse and slowly made her way up to one of the guards.

"U-um… Sir? This is Syliras, correct?" The girl asked while twiddling her fingers. She was nervous. She'd never been anywhere without her father, who was now long gone. The guard looked down at her.
"Yes, it is. Please, state your name and reason for being here." The guard said. The girl looked at the ground. Her reason for being here? To run away, sort of.
"J-Jubilation… but my family called me Jubilee. And um… I'm here to run away, I think." The Jubilation mumbled. The guard nodded and she went to get on her horse and finally enter the city.
If I want anything from this cruel world we live in, It is to see the beauty in even the ugliest things. And until that day comes. I will not die. I refuse to die. And you can count on that.
Jubilation
Death shall not take thee!

Words: 8916
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2014, 7:58 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Audric Undal on July 23rd, 2014, 6:22 pm

23rd Day of Summer, 514
He was tired.

Tired and worn out after days of adventuring. Scratches, scuff marks, and several bruises dotted the lone swordsman's body. His backpack nearly sliding off off his soldiers and his studded leather torn from obvious damage, Audric walked towards the gates with the oddest thing on his face.

He was smiling.

The guards would probably be normally alerted by this sort of behavior. A strange man with blood on him smiling is a terrifying sight indeed. But not to these men. Audric was known around town, and it was perfectly reasonable that he probably owed money to one of the Knights guarding the gates. Approaching the first gate guard, Audric tried to stand straight as he neared the guard.

"Morning my lovely friends." teased Audric, his head blaring from the rotten headache that would not go away. Wiping some trivial piece of dirt from his sleeve, Audric motioned towards the gates and looked quizzically at the guard.

"You are going to get killed out there one day, Audric. Then how are you going to pay me back?" asked the guard, leaning in close to Audric to make sure the other guards did not hear the conversation very well. Lending Audric a loan was a terrible idea, and to do so was financial suicide.

"I was trying to find you the other day. All you knights look alike so I gave up." replied Audric, his face breaking out into a flashy, toothy smile. The guard shook his head and waved Audric in the castle, warning him to bathe before going anywhere else. Agreeing and continuing on, Audric strode forward.

"God I love this castle..."
Audric Undal
Player

Words: 5778
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2014, 9:56 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Elizabeth Morgan on July 28th, 2014, 4:25 am

Taking a deep breath Elizabeth stared up at the gates. As soon as she would walk through these gates life as she knew it would change. She'd be a completely different person. Sucking in a deep breath and summoning all her courage she took a step forward. Than a step back. This went on for a while before she pulled herself together. She could do this. Closing her eyes she thought of what mom would want her to do.

Opening her eyes she quickly stepped into the line before she could change her mind. 'Too late to back out now' she thought as people filed in behind her. Taking in a deep breath she shuffled her feet quietly as the line moved along. Trying to distract herself she looked at all the other races curiosity taking over the fear. 'So much to learn. So much to see.' She thought with awe at all the people and how different they were. Some had scales some were slim. It was all very fascinating to her.

Holding her breath she took a couple steps forward and became first in line. 'This is it.' She thought as she was husked away to the guards. Not giving her even the smallest smile they checked her paper not noticing her crossbow or her falcon in the sky. Sighing she put her paper away and was pushed into the big city of Syliras. She was amazed at by what she saw.
Elizabeth Morgan
Player

Words: 1929
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2014, 3:25 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Baelin Holt on July 30th, 2014, 10:02 pm

60, Summer of 514 AV

Baelin shook more drops out of his hair, shaking his head much as a dog would. The unpleasant fog he had sunk into earlier had left him after a good swim, washing off of him much as the soot and sweat from work did. If he could have it his way, Baelin would have stayed in the sea for several more bells, but it was past time he returned to his obligations and washed off the lingering salt.

As Baelin approached the Main Gates, the first time he saw Syliras came unbidden to him. It had seemed grander then. He had arrived on a ship during Summer of 510, coming through the Great Harbor instead. Baelin was glad for that now; the Great Harbor had impressed him with its enormity and infrastructure. The Main Gates were completely functional, but as a frequent user of them Baelin believed them to be frustratingly inefficient. The line could get downright infuriating when a large group needed to pass at once.

Today it seemed Ovek was in a good mood; Baelin had to wait for only one traveler to pass before he could approach the two posted guards. Baelin’s swims outside of the walls of Syliras were a frequent thing, and as such he was familiar enough with a small handful of the guards. But the faces of the two posted outside today were nothing more than vaguely recognizable to him.

“Your business in Syliras?” The guard on the right readjusted his stance as he spoke, his voice laced in what Baelin suspected was boredom.

“I live in Sstormhold Citadel. Went out for a dip,” Baelin said softly, clipping his admittedly sibilant accent as best he could.

The other guard gave Baelin a quick, well-practiced once over before easily pushing the giant ironoak doors open. Baelin nodded thanks and proceeded into the small courtyard. No matter how many times he passed through the courtyard, Baelin could never shake the lingering fear that the portcullis was going to drop right onto him every time he passed under it. The burly young man had no doubt that it would easily crush him. It never did, nor had he ever heard of it ever happening to anyone, but the fear persisted and he hurried through the courtyard in quick strides. He noticed one of the archers diligently watching his crossing, but Baelin caused no trouble as he pushed open the second set of ironoak doors and passed once again into the city’s walls.
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Words: 367174
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Gron on July 31st, 2014, 8:36 am

14 Spring, 514 AV

The massive form of a Jamoura slow lumbered toward the gates of Syliras. Gron yawned as he approached, his long journey had exhausted him greatly and the lack of company did nothing to help. He was glad he had the foresight enough to send money with a courier to purchase an apartment before hand. The enormous gates where a sight to behold and well worth the rime to leave the humble forest to witness in person. The guards looked slightly hesitant of Gron at first likely his size was intimidating them, however they let him pass without any trouble. Gron decided the first thing he needed to do was to get some food after such a long trip exhausted most of his supplies.
Gron
The great Gentle Beast of Sahova

Words: 5376
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2014, 4:23 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Konami Frostfawn on July 31st, 2014, 4:36 pm

46th of Summer. 514AV

Konami Frostfawn and his dog Jax has been walking beside a cargo van going to Syliras's east gate to get into town. While they was walking with the cargo van they have been eating on a bag of nuts slowly to make the bag last a while until they can get a job going making some money. When they had hit the gate the guards stopped them. <Guard> " halt what is you business here." <Konami> "just a simple Vantha looking for a job and a place to stay for a whle without causing any trouble." <Guard> " go on in and ill let the other guards know that there is a Frostfawn in the city." He had started to move into the city and the guards had handed him his items back and he had nodded and said "thank you" to them as nice as he could as he stepped into the town.
Konami Frostfawn
Player

Words: 6484
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2014, 3:13 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gron on August 2nd, 2014, 4:07 pm

15 Spring, 514 AV

Gron pasted the gates as he ventured out of the city for a short trip into the wilds of the area. The Jamoura was a little excited to see trees again rather than constricting walls. (Sorry for such a short post)
Gron
The great Gentle Beast of Sahova

Words: 5376
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2014, 4:23 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Suresslynn on August 2nd, 2014, 9:33 pm

Suresslynn looked up at the city walls she approached, her cold green eyes taking everything she could. "Hmmm...how formidable. I wonder what they fear so much that they need to hide behind such high walls." she said under her breath, her slow, measured style of speech only broking by the hissing sound that came with her species sibilant accent. As the viper Dhani approached the walls, the guards looked up at her.

"What's your business here Sylaris?" he asked, his tone one of authority.

Suresslynn cocked her head to the side at the question, considering her answer before speaking. "I'm traveling to learn more about Mizahar. As I can see Sylaris from quite some distance away, it seemed a natural place to visit." she said, deciding that honesty was likely going to get her further than making something up.

The guard frowned at the woman's cold tone, but finally nodded and waved her in. "Very well." he said. Suresslynn nodded at him and spurred her horse past him and into the city.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext