Open Twist under the sun

Marino takes some time to relax after a long morning.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Twist under the sun

Postby Marino Oceangem on May 21st, 2020, 12:29 am

Swimming with Selene was proving to be an interesting experience to say the least. With her arm gripping his, he found it hard to keep afloat with one hand till he got his feet under him. Even then pulling her along, it was hard to keep balanced atop the water. His head went occasionally under, but he didn’t mind it much as he focused on keeping his eyes on her. He flinched the first time the water swept over her, getting into her mouth and nose. Fortunately, she seemed to take it in stride though it did continue to happen.

Keeping her aloft, he wondered if she was eating alright. Then he remembered who she was rooming with and discarded that notion. Of course she was, but would Pelly be able to know what she needed. Selene was after all decidedly not human, and had said something about requiring a liquid diet. Maybe that was why they were so skinny?

The way Selene was moving about drew him from his contemplations. Her hand tightened around his arm but he didn’t shrink back. Instead, he put his other hand under her arm to help her find the position as she worked at trying to mimic his movements. From there he altered his position to swim behind and to the side of her, lifting her head out of the water slightly to rest against his shoulder. “This should keep some of the water out of your mouth while you get your sea legs.” Then looking at Twist, he laughed deeply. “That and more. I once saw him spin so quick underwater this little fish he was playing with got lost and swam straight into him.

Marino smiled at the memory, and relaxed as he paddled them backwards. “You don’t need to worry about that right now, Twist will let us know if he spies anything. He’s got much keener senses than me, and probably smarter.” He laughed again, and glanced up at the cloudy blue sky. With the slight snap of the rigging above, and the chirp of birds in the distance, it was quite serene out there on the water.

So you remember how I was moving my legs earlier. I want you to try the same with your arms, but go out with them. Just when your comfortable, nudge me and I’ll reposition.” He said calmly watching her now. At her nudge he would shift a little so that he was holding her back as she drifted in front of him. “Now, give it a try. Don’t worry too much about floating, I’ll hold you up.

WC: 436
Marino Oceangem
Player

Words: 243562
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2020, 5:33 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Twist under the sun

Postby Tazrae on June 7th, 2022, 4:04 pm

Grading!

Marino & Selene....if you ever return I'll post grades for you.

Tazrae -

Bodybuilding 1, Endurance 1, Running 1, Teaching 1, Storytelling 1

Marino - Appearance and Mannerism, Selene - Appearance and Mannerism, Twist - Marino's Dolphin.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous