Scavenger scourge (Open) [Iceglaze]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Kumiho on March 4th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Kumiho had learned the ways of men. Outside the town of Iceglaze, many traveled in search of their wares. It was here that Kumiho scavenged and killed, it was here that she feasted. In this desolate area prey was sparse, so one was destined to gather to towns in which food was plenty. The aromatic smells had driven Kumiho to near insanity, drooling and slobbering, she'd lost her first chance at a good feed when the locals had driven her off. Frightened, hungry and confused, she had to flee from the stones and pointed sticks the locals had thrown at her. A distant, "Kiehiehiehie..." giving note to her growing distance.

She had wandered, beaten and bruised, through the tundra of Avanthal. Repeatedly, she came upon the Holds and repeatedly she had failed in getting food. The bitterness of Avanthals chill, not only the weather but its people, left Kumiho bitter and angry. It was with this anger, though, that she honed her skills. Soon, she found that females of their kind lured in the men with batting eyelashes, flaunting their bodies. It had taken her quite some time to pilfer some garments to cover her markings, but by the end of the day she morphed into a form like those females donning the clothes. She had not worn the two-legged form in quite a long while, glancing down at her appearance she judged it to be satisfactory, like those of the women men usually drifted towards. Moving to the edge of the trees, she spoke breathy words of welcome to fat, rich travelers. Inwardly, she would struggle with the need to feast as the fat men surveyed her barely covered body. Soon, though, they would signal to their guards to wait and it was then that Kumiho learned the proper way to entice her prey.

Afterwards, she found that she could not stay in one place for long, soon after her first kill she would be hunted by the warriors within the Holds. It was then that her natural form benefited her most, burrowing into the snow her white fur could not be discerned from her surroundings, in the night her markings would look like mere sticks or branches littering the ground. She continued this for quite some time, waiting in the shadows of the night till one traveler would take the bait and find himself her prey. Hold after hold, she devoured the fattest, richest men she could find. Weak and vile, they were hardly missed by the Holdspeople.

Once more she found herself outside the town of Iceglaze, the memory of thrown sticks and stones still leaving a bitter taste in her mouth. Raw with rage, she bristled and stiffened her limbs as if to rush inside and attack the innocence within. A low growl emitted from her, as she saw some Holdsfolk drifting just within the gates. Standing upon two legs once more, she observed the people within, waiting for one unsuspecting traveler.
"Though we have different differences, the differences in the outcomes of our lives are only seemingly different." - Kumiho
Kumiho
Village Idiot

Words: 3967
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2011, 11:10 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Danyella on March 4th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Danyella was hurrying back to Iceglaze Hold, having just finished a very tiring job. She was exhausted and the winds were whipping the snow around. She was nearing the gates when her money pouch fell from her waistbelt and the contents plunged into the soft snow. Cursing loudly she began digging frantically through the snow to get the gold mizas. She looked to the gate, and could barely make out the figures standing guard. Her arms were burning, after having to fix nearly all of Whitevine's door hinges in one day. She stood up when she thought she heard growling.  She grasped her hammer and kept it at the ready as she continued gathering her funds, the snow stinging her face, her visibilty dropping severely low. She got her mizas together and stood to head home.
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 4th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Darren was at the blacksmith's store again reviewing all the wares they had...again. He was considering buying another piece of equipment but couldn't make up his mind.

Sigh* Whatever, I'll just make up my mind later he thought as he headed home. His body was aching from the jog he had to do to get to the WhiteVine compound to the Iceglaze compound. Alright...time to head home he said to no one in particular making his way out of the area. Umm...which way again? he thought aloud as he looked confused outside of town.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kumiho on March 4th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Locals and travelers were easy to discern from by their scents. The clumsy female was a local here or atleast a regular. However, the meatsack man was obviously foreign. It was the foreign travelers, who were fat and slow, that she chased down and feasted upon. This man, however, was none of those things so she chose to keep her distance. Waiting in the shadows, she eyed the incoming and outgoing bustle and hustle of caravans filled with goods and miza. She had learned who to search for, noticing the weakest easiest prey to obtain. Picking the weakest from the herd, one might say. Inwardly, she thrashed in ferocious hunger, while she appeared graceful and pleasant. She was getting impatient, her eyes starting to flicker from the indifferent gaze to the hungry howl she felt within.

Reason, bought by learning and Impatience brought by hunger. Within milliseconds hunger won over reason. She came from the shadows, showing herself to the man, but keeping a fair distance from the girl. She was uncertain if the girl would call out to the man, warning him of the danger he faced. For she was not aware that most in the town had forgotten that day when they had abused her. Smiling warmly at the man, she called to him, "Stranger, traveler..." her voice was soft, always with a hint of mirth. Beckoning with her hands and with her body, she spoke, "Surely, you are cold and in need of... company." Her eyes bright like the sun sought to melt the ice of his heart, while her full lips curved hiding sharp teeth which wished to rip it out.
"Though we have different differences, the differences in the outcomes of our lives are only seemingly different." - Kumiho
Kumiho
Village Idiot

Character sheet

Postby Danyella on March 4th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Danyella, hammer in one hand, sack of mizas in the other started toward the gates of her Hold. She could see six maybe seven feet ahead of her. As she got closer she saw the unusual to the area, but familiar black and blue equipment of...

Crap, what's his name again?

She walked up to him, yelling over the wind, "Need some help back to your hold, these winds are going to get worse!"

She wondered what had made him stop in such weather, as she started to look around, the winds picked up dropping the visibility down to maybe a foot. Her eyes changed to a light blue of concern. She placed her sack of mizas on her belt to free up her hand. The frigid air was biting into her, her muscles screaming for warmth to rest from the work. She looked in the general direction of Iceglaze and could barely make out the outline of the gate.

"Maybe you should come to the shop and wait for the weather to clear a bit. It can get awfully bad and fast out here."
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 4th, 2011, 9:04 pm

Darren took a look at the stranger with a confused look. Umm...sure he said looking at her up and down. Um it's not necessarily cold to me he said obviously not understanding her attempts to seduce him. They stood in silence of bit, Darren giving her an awkward look for awhile.

Erm... alright, what hold are you from?
He asked to the stranger, however before he got an answer he turned to see another voice addressing him.

Oh Danyella, hey there. Oh no need that would just leave us with you being stuck over at my hold. But yea, sure I suppose I can extend my stay around here
he said to her, where have you been anyways? I was waiting around the shop wanting to talk about a few things. He paused as he suddenly remembered the women he was talking to. Oh oops, I forgot this is...umm what's your name again? He asked as he turned back to where he saw the woman last.
Last edited by Darren on March 12th, 2011, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kumiho on March 8th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Though hunger dominated her senses, reason won out. The gawky, awkward female had stolen her prey. She would not feast, she would go hungry this night. Fighting the urge to froth, frighten and chase down the girl who'd stolen her morsel, Kumiho stripped herself of the horrid cloth she'd gained from a local merchant, she stepped into the shadows of a near tree to take on her natural form. The feeling of bones shifting, of unnaturally bare skin becoming naturally lush with her thick, rich fur was comforting to the now high-strung, irate Kumiho. Walking the world as a two-legged beast was uncomfortable, awkward and dangerous. In her natural form, she was stronger and more at home with the world. Growling lowly, she slowly shifted further into the darkness. Her pale, white fur blending her into the flurry that was Avanthals fury.

All this had passed while the two of them had prattled on between eachother, soon the male would turn to look for her. He would find only the distant shape of a white blur, fleeing across the white tundra. Rushing, breath hot and heavy, Kumiho began her way out of Avanthal, not of her own decision, but guided by the strings of Fate. Fate had brought her the way to survive in Avanthals cold heart, now it led its child out into the world...

For yet another Tale of hunger, rage and survival.
Kumiho
Village Idiot

Character sheet

Postby Maakasu on March 9th, 2011, 3:24 am

He walks slowly and shakily along the way, spotting the two locals chatting. Maakasu walks up and looks at the man, then the girl, then back at the man. He puts on a bright smile and asks, "Please, kind people, where can I find a place to eat?" Hunger and exhaustion taking him to a state of dizzy, lightheaded-ness, he falls to the ground, still looking up at the two locals.

He thinks, "I feel like I'm dying. I haven't eaten in 3 days and I've been walking for the majority of them. I surely hope they don't leave me here to die."

His eyesight goes black and he slips into unconsciousness.
Maakasu
Player

Words: 2472
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2011, 4:07 pm
Character sheet

Postby Danyella on March 9th, 2011, 5:30 am

Danyella, though exhausted herself, stooped down and picked up the poor man. She struggled under his weight, "Lets all head back to the smith, don't worry sir, we've got you."

She struggled with the man when another growl was carried by the wind to her ears. She ignored it and she turned back toward the hold. Or so she thought. She stared into a wall of white fury. She turned and saw more white, wind whipping snow every direction. Panicking she yelled hoping to get the attention of a guard. She turned back to what she thought was the direction of the hold, and started trudging through the snow in that direction, constantly yelling. She knew the weather would worsen before it improved and the window of opportunity may have already closed. She stopped and called to Darren, "Where's the hold?!!!"
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Maakasu on March 9th, 2011, 5:41 am

Maakasu slowly awakens, not knowing where he is, his extremities sting, he notices he is being carried. He supports his weight a little to ease the burden of the woman. "Thank you, kind miss." He looks around, listening for any other nearby people who can help. He continues walking with the lady to where he thinks is the hold. He notices that nothing can be heard over the roar of the cruel winds. They impair his senses. He trusts in the lady and continues his way, still weakening from hunger.
Maakasu
Player

Words: 2472
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2011, 4:07 pm
Character sheet

Next