Closed Two people walk into a Bazaar[Alice Weaver]

Moritz and Alice meet among the Outpost

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

Two people walk into a Bazaar[Alice Weaver]

Postby Moritz Craven on November 25th, 2020, 9:22 pm

Moritz was a bit disappointed when Alice did not give a clear answer to his rather lengthy one regarding lies and the truth. He had been looking forward to a debate, or at least a discussion, the tearing into of words and a topic to better understand it. He felt it was something of mutual use to both sides, where each side was given a chance to show their point and to convince the other the logic inherent in their viewpoint.

And ideally one would do a good enough job to change the other side to the other. It was an interesting back and forth, where each side listened and learned and got something from it. So it was a bit saddening to see that the ghost had no apparent interest in just that.

Admittedly he was rather hard to convince to change his viewpoint unless rather good logic and evidence was presented. But it did not mean one should quite without even giving any supporting evidence!

Some people just did not know how to have fun with things. Or maybe they just took things, like their current believes and assumptions to important. Mortiz was unsure if that was a grown up thing, or perhaps a kelvic thing, being offended and upset if someone pointing out some new information which revealed a flaw in your current understanding. If it was the latter then Moritz was bound and determined to never become like that.

Somewhat muttering to himself, Moritz kicked at the ground likely as he walked, showing his disappointment.

"That's not an answer, that's just changing the subject..."

Regardless it meant that Mortiz had not changed his mind on such things, and he was left unsure if the ghost had even listened to his well worded and plotted argument full of examples and reference points to things one had experienced.

At his request Alice quickly vanished, moving about in quick succession such that Moritz had trouble tracking her. He could see a rhythm to her motions, bouncing about in spots one after another, but he still had trouble following her about due to the gaps where she seemed to simply not exist. Perhaps, Moritz reasoned, if he practiced by watching such things more he would become better at tracking the motion? Regardless he was left a bit surprised by her antics, as his intention had not at all been for her to blink about from one spot to another. He had simply intended for them to walk together looking for the particular shoes. But apparently she had taken his request as such.

Still though, Moritz reminded himself, this was a good chance to remind himself of a ghosts other capabilities. He had not thought about that ability, fairly certain he had known about it and simply forgotten, but he knew that if he wanted to get full use out of Alice and other ghostly allies he needed to bear in mind their full capabilities. It was something he would need to bear in mind in the future and fully consider each time. What all could a ghost actually do? What use could they be? And how could they work together to better both of them?

When the ghost returned with the answer to his question, directions to a stall with the item he wanted, Moritz smiled slightly and followed along where Alice had indicated. When she further pressed him for confirmation that he was willing to be possessed, Moritz simply gave her a confused look.

"Of course. I said I would, didn't I? If I make a decision, commit to doing something, I keep to it. I'm not one to back out. Mind you, I don't commit to doing something easily, I prefer to think and consider beforehand. But trust me, I've thought it over well. I even told you a bit of my reasoning, though not all of it. I think my full reasoning on most anything would bore you to tears, so no need to go into the full details. Wait do ghosts have tears? Regardless, I've thought it out well. You'll get the chance to practice by using my body, and to practice buying something. Working out a deal for the sandals. And I will get a chance to practice with being possessed. If I'm to be a proper spiritist, I'll need much more practice with it, till its as easy as... Well putting on a pair of sandals would be."

Reaching into the pack on his back, Moritz pulled out a few Kina at random.

"Now, I'm not sure what money your used to, but try to keep it under a few Kina total okay? Though I'm not sure how much a pair of sandals usually cost, but I'd think not more than a few Kina. A Kina is equivalent to a Gold Miza. Then you've got a Topaz Kina, thats this one here, its equal to a silver Miza. And a Jade Kina, thats equal to a copper Miza. I'll leave the money in my bag for you. If you get in trouble or need me, I can take over, but try and do it yourself. And try to get the best deal you can. Alright? So whenever your ready. Oh and make sure the sandals fit, and are a good pair, alright? Nothing too fancy, I imagine that'd cost more, I just need something to cover my feet. If you need to you can stow my old boots in my pack, and wear the sandals out. So, up to you now."

With that Moritz took in a deep breath and held it, doing his best to clear his mind and calm his body in preparation. He focused on a blank void, and worked to calm himself and to ready his body to move as directed. Not to fight but to yield. If Alice took too long he would slowly let the breath out, and then take in another deep one, continuing this cycle as he worked to calm his body and mind.

WC: 1,008
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 362
Words: 487231
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Two people walk into a Bazaar[Alice Weaver]

Postby Alice Weaver on November 26th, 2020, 4:02 am

After returning from her quick jaunt to and from the targeted store she noticed that Moritz seemed a bit...crestfallen? No, disappointment would be a better term. It seemed the young spiritist had been looking forward to a dialogue about truth. A dialogue she just shut down without much of a second thought. Proving his point, in a way, about people not wanting to hear the truth and have their beliefs challenged. She supposed she did walk into that one by dismissing him as one that needed to gather more experience before understanding. He definitely had the capability to understand and she discounted that. That did not feel the greatest and it was quickly bumped up her list of priorities, especially after he muttered under his breath before she left about how it wasn’t answering the question just changing the subject, which was true.

“Moritz,” She hesitated for a second before she reaffirmed herself. “How about after we are done here we could find a place to talk about what and why the truth is so important. I’d really love to hear what you have to say I just...got excited and I apologize. I discounted you because I thought you wouldn’t understand. Which I guess directly proves your point so you have me over a barrel there.” She finished with a small chuckle, gentle bobbing in the air.

He also reaffirmed his will to have her ‘borrow’ his body and use it to buy shoes. They almost seemed confused at why she would ask again. Which, again, was fair. Alice had already asked a good few times if he really wished to do this alone and with basically a stranger but he remained adamant, so asking again was destined to be a waste of time and another annoyance. The explanation he gave about his money however was quite useful. She had heard him talk about Kina before but hadn't the slightest clue what they were and the confusion only intensified when Moritz produced what appeared to be colorful gems, different from the very few Mizas she had squirreled away.

“A kina to a golden miza, topaz to a silver, jade to a copper. I got it.” She spoke softly, making sure to commit it to memory. Her modest roots would scream bloody murder at her if she spent more than needed on something as simple as sandals. “They shouldn’t be more than a few silver, unless you want really really nice ones…” She chuckled at the thought of the practical Mortiz walking around with something as gaudy as sparkly, gem-encrusted sandals. “But anyways, your money is safe with me for the time being.”

After she took a second to recount the money and their values in her head it appeared as if Moritz was preparing. He stood proud while he took deep breaths in and out, coming into a steady rhythm. His face fell, becoming relaxed and passive, a picture of calm.

“Three...two...one...!” She gave a countdown, as much for his benefit as her own. Reaching the end she took a step forward towards Moritz, reaching into her inner core and plucking at it with mental fingers, tearing her form apart and spinning out into hundreds of gossamer strands of whitish silver soulmist. With a gentle nudge of her will, she sent her ethereal body hurtling towards the spiritist, the strands quickly wrapping around his body’s joints and throat while the rest writhed over his face like a swarm of snakes, forcing their way through his nose, mouth, and ears while the other strands sunk through his skin.

The strands vanished underneath his skin as Alice wove herself along his internal channels. Getting pulled along with his natural Djet flow, leaving her soulmist behind little by little, weaving a net of the soul stuff around his muscles, through his nerves, and, by extension, wrapping a net of her will around his soul. Crafting a firm weave that caged his soul in his own body, taking each shift of twist of the soul to throw another strand over the offending will, akin to a spider wrapping a fly in its web. His lack of resistance was quite helpful in that regard as she cinched the strands tightly, pulling his soul to the metaphysical ground before she stepped in to take its place.

While stepping over she noticed something a bit strange. The soul seemed to have another set of pathways sitting underneath, a second set of muscle commands and such that was buried underneath the current set. It seemed like it belonged and appeared as if it could swap over to the surface with just a gentle prod, though she declined to do. Best to not poke and prod someone who was nice enough to let her borrow their body, even if it was mutually beneficial.

Bending back in the now piloted body she heard more than felt the spine let out a few satisfying pops as she let out a massive sigh.

“Ah. It's always nice to have a body again. It makes me feel so...anchored.” Moritz’s voice spoke, though with different inflections and patterns natural to the kelvic. The eyes, while still squared and goat-like, had a cast behind them that showed a different mind in control. The eyes becoming softer and less analytical as the common saying that the eyes were the window to the soul proved itself true. Alice stood there for a few more seconds, giving herself time to acclimate to a new body. Shifting Moritz around, rolling his shoulders, and taking a few, halting steps to get a sense of his heft. Once satisfied that she wouldn’t trip on the borrowed feet she began to stride down the street, Her destination set as the stall she blinked by quickly just chimes prior.

While continuing her journey down the street at a leisurely pace, taking time while she glanced over merchandise and clapped a few people on the back as they walked by in a greeting, she mumbled under his breath towards his caged soul. “Are you fine, Moritz? Just push whenever you want me gone. I’m not holding on very tightly...”
User avatar
Alice Weaver
Crafting A Second Chance
 
Posts: 121
Words: 145803
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2020, 11:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Two people walk into a Bazaar[Alice Weaver]

Postby Moritz Craven on November 26th, 2020, 2:02 pm

At the ghosts offer Moritz shrugged, unsure how to answer. A moment ago she had been dismissive of the topic, and now she seemed... The opposite, offering to talk more in private. He was unclear why she had such a change of mind, and the idea that it was due to his apparent saddened nature at her not wanting to talk would not have even occurred to him.

"Sure. Though I don't know where we would talk here. I guess they have places for that, or maybe a dining place with food. Though, not sure what all they have here I would eat. I don't partake of animals. Though how tired will you be after possessing me? And how tired will I be? Maybe if we are too tired after, we could meet again another time to talk?"

Her words said one thing, and made a sort of sense to him, there was a logic to them, but he felt there was... More than that to it, even if he had no inkling what that might be. Realizing by seeing the hole something was missing, but not knowing what went there.

She was using his own words to point out the fallacy in hers, but still.... He had made the point of the fact that lies were often for oneself, because they thought lesser of the other person. And now she was saying she had lied, because she thought lesser of him or at least did not think he could handle or understand the argument. Which was the exact point he was making about why people really lied. So she lied because she did not think much of his ability to understand in truth the concept of truth and lies... And in so doing really was proving his own argument while weakening her own. An additional example he could point to, should they later discuss the topic.

Alice also seemed to understand the money exchange, though since it was a one to one exchange that likely made it easier than if the exchange was not even.

Her comment on them not being more than a few silvers, or topaz to him, was met with a shrug. As he had stated he really had no reference point, and was unsure what they would be worth. He knew it would be less than a few kina, but beyond that the specifics were lost on him. He in this case trusted her knowledge, lowering their value to a few silver or topaz rather than a few gold or kina.

As he prepared for the possession he did his best to calm and center himself, meditating in a sense to clear his mind and body. He needed to make sure not to fight against her, aiding but not arguing once she tried to take control so that he could get used to the feeling. Being possessed was quite routine for a spiritist, and it was better he do it know than later when more important or dire things were going on. But such thoughts were pushed from his mind as he tried to calm and center himself.

Nothing, just his breathing. In, and out. In, and... And then a cold feeling washing over him, over and within, like he had just been dunked in a bath of ice was. Similar to that, but different, for one being that he was not wet from the procedure. A cool and invasive thing washing over and within him. For a moment his body instinctively fought, an urge to push ad grab and launch the ghost back out. But through mental effort and fortitude he managed to stop that impulse and tamp it down. Freeing his mind and body to be controlled by Alice.

If nothing else there would be one thing different about possessing him compared to a normal human. He kept his Okomo eyes, square pupils and all, when in human form. These were very good at peripheral vision, and had a widened sight on the horizontal, but were more limited in seeing in the vertical. Someone sneaking up beside or almost behind him would likely be seen, but someone leaping at him from above would be missed entirely. It was what his eyes were made for, wide open fields and mountains, where walls and buildings that towered above were uncommon and trees were sparse. His eyes were made to detect threats at the same level, not far above or below, requiring more focus change on the eye point to see up or down than with a normal human eye, but taking less to see around himself and on a wider sprawl.

He felt the chill within himself moving, knowing it was Alice invading his body with her ghostly essence, expanding and grasping at him to take control of his body bit by bit. It did not happen all at once, but he felt the cool essence slowly expand throughout him, and felt a small twitch of his body as his muscles and limbs were taken over and gained a new controller.

Occasionally his body twitched or moved, and he was forced to tamp down on the urge to expel the spirit, or at least to try to. In truth he was unsure that he would be able to expel her, at the moment simply doing his best to not conflict with or stop her actions. If they were both trying to control him, the logical conclusion was that either one would overpower the other or that the two would cancel each other out and he would simply be frozen by the conflicting direction.

The thought brought a picture to his mind, of a dog with a person on either side, each offering a treat, and the dog sitting frozen in uncertainty between them both.

And then, he assumed because Alice was done establishing herself within his body, he felt his body move without his direction. A odd feeling that at once made him a bit dizzy, an odd lurch of his form that he was for once not the cause of. Another thing to bear in mind, and perhaps also another reason why spiritists needs to practice being possessed. Learning to tamp down those feelings and urges to wrest control of ones own body, to conflict with the spirits actions, and the odd nature one would have to grow accustomed to of having ones body move without being directed.

Even more odd was feeling his mouth move and hearing himself speak. Or himself as in his general voice, but not exactly himself. It seemed a bit... Off. Which made sense, since Alice was the one controlling his mouth to speak rather than he and she would likely have slightly different understandings on that innate action.

This brought another thought to mind. If a ghost possessed a baby, would they be able to make the baby speak? Or would its untrained body unused to speaking be unable to accomplish the feat?

Alice did not move right away, instead getting used to the body by stretching it and making a series of small motions. Back, shoulders, arms, and then finally legs. A logical way to do so, before trying something as complex as walking all at once.

Then she did just that, taking a few steps, the dizzy feeling returning at feeling his body moving without him directing it. He had the strong urge to throw his arm and leg out, similar to how he would if he was falling, even though he was not falling. He managed to fight the urge, but only just, feeling as his body slowly tottered forward.

And then, his controller fully prepared, Moritz body began walking, controlled by Alice.

He felt his mouth move and heard with his ears her mumble a quiet question of his status. For a moment he almost responded by talking, but realized he was not in control of his mouth and if he tried to do that he would just conflict with the control Alice had of it.

So then how to communicate? Seeing as she was within his body, he simply tried to think loudly to her, the word "fine" and an image of a sunny pasture full of Okomo eating, though he was unsure if she would get anything in that manner. He had never thought to find out before how a ghost and possessed communicated during a possession, something he suddenly realized was a serious lacking in his planning and questioning before things began. But nothing he could do about it now... Nothing but trial and error. If that didn't work, he would need to think of another way.

WC: 1,446
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 362
Words: 487231
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Two people walk into a Bazaar[Alice Weaver]

Postby Alice Weaver on November 26th, 2020, 11:33 pm

Mortiz’s body was a strange one to be sure. It had a density and heft that she was not quite used to, making her movements feel slow and sluggish as she was fearful of putting too much force behind her movements. Not wishing to tear anything without realizing. So, she slowly began to put more force behind the movements, rapidly reaching a point where the movements leveled out to smooth steps, now a proper gate rather than the controlled fall that it was before.

Another peculiarity about the body she was inhabiting was the range of sight she had access to. Her vision bloomed outwards but at the same time shrunk, finding herself jumping slightly as she saw something loom up behind her before noting it was only a merchant or buyer passing by. They were just moving in a place she normally would have never seen. It made her jumpy, to say the least. The peculiarity of the eyes only increased when she realized that she could just barely see the sky, so used to the azure sky sweeping overhead that suddenly being limited to a flat, yet wide, plane was claustrophobia-inducing. One never realized how often they looked to the sky till they could no longer see its open expanse.

After taking that first, halting step she felt the soul within tense against her control before it faded back into the background. Hmm, that won’t do. She thought as she reached back in to loop a few more strands of soulmist into the net around their soul, pulling it taut so those little tremors did not spiral into a total loss of control. She felt that that would be awkward for both parties so best avoid the whole debacle.

Continuing her gate down the crowded streets she soon found the large range of the vision the eyes provided quite useful, allowing her to step out of the way of people on her side without having to turn their head. This, along with actually having a corporal body, made travel through the crowd a much more simple affair as she stepped around those in her way or simply pushed past, making fair time towards the stall she scoped out earlier.

Mid step an errant thought sped across her? Moritz’s? Their mind. It had the vague feeling of ‘fine’ followed by an image of a beautiful goat creature lazily eating in a pasture, light reflecting off its glass-like horns and highlighting its pigmented fur. That wasn’t one of Alice’s memories to be sure so the only obvious source had to be Moritz.

“Hello, Moritz. Enjoying the ride?” She spoke under his breath as to not attract attention as she approached the stall that sold a variety of sandals.

The storefront she approached was a simple set up. A rich blue and gold embroidered cloth was set above on two wooden poles that reached out from a nearby wall, casting a block of shade down over the goods. The goods in question being sturdy, woven leather sandals of every make and model that sat out on a woven mat of what appeared to be river reeds presided over by a greying human man, with many folded wrinkles and thick, caterpillar-like eyebrows that hid his eyes. The caterpillars rose in a greeting as Mortiz’s body approached the mat, stepping into the cooling shade the suspended cloth provided.

“Greetings, child.” The man spoke in a grandfatherly tone, smiling softly. “What can I help you get? I have some lovely pairs that a strapping young man like yourself would like!” He said with a note of excitement in his voice while grabbing a pair of dark black sandals formed of thick woven leather, seeming correctly sized for his feet and looking quite attractive...till the man quoted his price that is. “Only 2 gold miza.”

Gods! Who does he take me for a chil-...oh? You think me a child, don’t you sir? Well now aren’t you in for a shock. But, I think to be fair to Moritz, I should respond as he would eh?

At hearing the price she kept the face flat and expressionless, quite easy to do when you just freeze a few muscles, tilting Moritz's head to the left ever so slightly, centering his square eyes on the man.

"That is quite a rude way to start a conversation, instantly bringing my age into the equation while attempting to scam me. Is that any way to start a barter? I'm Moritz by the way. Seeing as you didn't give me yours, I don't know what to call you.” She responded by ripped part of his introduction to her as the base material, keeping as true to the Moritz essence as she could. Attempting to copy his voice and inflections, failing miserably to anyone who knew who Moritz was, struggling to copy his unique speech pattern.

The man let out a sputter at the direct response, gulping ever so slightly, eyes fluttering before he centered himself with a cough. “Ah...apologize...Moritz was it? My name is Carter.” He spoke having not moved from his cross-legged spot from behind the mat, allowing Moritz and by extension Alice to stand tall over him. “I may have...overpriced you, to say the least. But not because I wished to scam you!” He quickly added as Alice painted a disdainful expression on Moritz’s placid face. “My work is the highest quality here! You will find no sandel any better than mine! But two gold miza can be a bit much to swallow...so let us talk about that shall we?”

“One Silver.” They stated simply, holding up two fingers to emphasize their point, "That is the standard price for sandals such as these."

Now it was the man's turn to give them a flat loot, “The standard price is two silv-” He cut himself off before slipping up, quickly correcting himself. “One miza”

”Well that is a shame considering I only came here with five silver today. She lied smoothly, once again taking advantage of the control she had over Moritz’s muscles, keeping his face unmoved by her lie. ”I can go no lower than one silver.

“Fine! Four silver and they are yours.”

”One. For that price, I could buy two pairs from the lady down the street. Are yours as good as two pairs? She asked flatly with a calculating tone.

“You drive a hard bargain, Mr. Moritz. Spare me my pride and allow me three silver?” She simply raised an eyebrow at that.

"To spare your pride, as you say, I will purchase a pair for two silver, the standard price for an item such as this and I forget that you tried to scam someone much younger than you for a few more coins…”

The merchants' eyes flicked back and forth between Moritz, the sandals, and the few people browsing his goods that were now watching the exchange, curiosity gleaming in their eyes.

“Deal.” He said, resignation in his voice.

”Deal.” She responded without hesitation, reaching into Moritz’s pouch and pulling out two topaz Kina and dropping them into Carter’s waiting hand before she picked up the black, woven sandals he placed in front of them. She noticed him give a strange look at the money she gave. "Is there an issue? I was informed the Outpost took any currency as long as it had value. Was that a lie?”

“No, no you are fine. I just find Lhavit’s currency quite...pretty. Enjoy your purchase, Moritz.” He said just a tad glumly.

”I am sure I will. Pleasure doing business, Carter.” She responded politely before turning on their heels and calmly walking out of the shade and back into the heat and crowd of the Outpost, getting pulled along the crowd before leaving the stream of people to take refuge within an empty alley.

Take the peace and relative isolation to slowly unwinded herself from his soul, regathering what soulmist she still had remaining before she left his body much the same way she came in. Exiting in streams of the silvery-white substance from his nose and mouth while other bits wisped off his skin before colliding around a central core, blooming into her unmaterialized form yet with less definition as before, some of her previous material seeming to have been consumed by the possession.

She took a few seconds to reorient herself before drifting closer to Moritz and looking him over. “Are you ok?” She asked with a concerned yet weary voice. “I’m afraid we will have to put that talk on hold for another date, that took a fair bit out of me, apologies.”
User avatar
Alice Weaver
Crafting A Second Chance
 
Posts: 121
Words: 145803
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2020, 11:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Two people walk into a Bazaar[Alice Weaver]

Postby Moritz Craven on November 27th, 2020, 2:12 am

Having someone else control ones body was a new and odd experience for Moritz. He constantly had to remind himself to allow Alice control, to not fight her or to upset her actions. This seemed to work seeing as she walked about in his body relatively normally. He could tell the small oddness to her actions, how she moved and did things, but to an outward observer these things would not likely be of notice.

Moritz realized that for the duration he would be relegated to the back seat in his own body, experiencing but not doing while have to make sure to not do anything, not an easy task in truth.

The more she walked in his body the more used to it Alice seemed to become, but the differences were still obvious to Moritz, after all it was his own body. She easily enough maneuvered Moritz body to the stand without incident, and without any issue int he possession so far as Mortitz could tell. He assumed her second question was made in jest, for while Moritz found the experience interesting and informative... Pleasant or enjoyable were not words he would have used. Not by any measure.

Moritz was left to listen as Alice and the stall owner discussed things, starting out with their opening offers. when Moritz was caught by surprise again. Alice was... Pretending to be him. Or some facsimile of him, an attempt to be him from Alice's perspective though not quite how he truly was. As with his walking Moritz could tell the difference, it being his own body and mannerisms, but a casual acquaintance might not be able to tell the difference. Alice apparently could act, or was trying to do so, though perhaps exaggerating Moritz properties. Or so Moritz felt. At least in regards to the words themselves, Moritz was fairly certain that anyone hearing the voice Alice was making would know it was not his own. Perhaps voices where harder to control and copy than actions like mimicked and copied words.

Regardless the somewhat harsh response seemed to work, putting the stall owner off while also moving the negotiation back in Alice's favor. Or... Alice controlling Moritz's body, which meant Moritz was technically the one whose favor. Moritz spent a few moments puzzled over this confusion before pushing it aside as irrelevant and pushing onward with his focus.

Alice bid low next, offering a much smaller amount, causing the man to offer something higher. An interesting tactic, and one Moritz did not believe he would have thought of on his own. She then seemed to use a bit of misdirection, which made Moritz think of combat and him getting thrown to the ground by Kyra after she feinted a blow. The trader was thrown off and seemed to reveal something by accident, which gave Alice more room to move with in countering.

As Alice continued though he noticed she seemed to be doing something odd, not changing her price. This seemed odd to Moritz, and left him to conclude that she either had some power in the negotiation he did not know of, or the mans initial offer had in fact been far too high. He could not tell which of these was the case, though he supposed it could also be both.

He could see that the man was beginning to grow frustrated, and perhaps was nearing the point where he simply refused to accede to a lower price. Of course Moritz, or Alice controlling Moritz, simply had the option of walking away from the deal, and so the mans refusal to go any lower and thus walk away from the deal was not unique to the trader. In fact that was still in Moritz favor, or Alice controlling Moritz, since they could easily go to another place whereas the trader was left to search for another shopper looking to buy. At the moment shoppers wanting sandals seemed in lower supply than traders selling them.

At the end Moritz was lefty to wonder something... Had the man truly been trying to cheat Moritz, or had he simply been trying to present a higher price so that it could be lowered? If he started higher and ended up at a lower point, would he then think he got a better deal than if he had just started at that lower point? So perhaps the man had never expected truly to sell at such a high price, and had been expecting to go lower. Perhaps this mans reactions, a trader by... Trade... Was just as much an acct as Alice's while controlling Moritz?

Regardless by the end of the negotiation the man seemed happy to conclude the entire affair if it meant getting rid of them.

Once the deal was done Alice left in Moritz body, now with newly purchased sandals in tow. Once they had moved far enough away and found an empty spot Moritz felt the ice water shift, and realized Alice was working her way back out of his body.

For a moment there was nothing, only the sensation, and then Alice began flowing visibly out of Moritz as the off white soulmist substance that her movable body consisted of. After a moment this coalesced and reappeared as Alice, though a lesser version of her without any attempt to appear alive and real.

Once she was gone it took a moment for Moritz to recall he could move again, starting by shaking his body similar to a dog trying to dry itself, or perhaps someone letting out a long shiver after getting out of water to feel a blast of wind blow across them.

It was clear Alice was weakened from the experience, to be expected since she had done quite a bit that had used her energy. First she had materialized her body, then she had moved to possess Mortiz, both using up her reserves and leaving her feeling tired. It was to be expected. If he did not know how bad he was at it, he would have offered to make her some soulmist. As it was he was somewhat sore, not aching all over but in a few key spots. Mainly though his face ached, perhaps from being used in a different manner or from using muscles he did not normally use due to Alice's odd speech method. Nothing to horrible, but a gentle ache and a general reminder of the experience.

Overall though Moritz had not felt it had gone so horribly, and felt he knew more now and would do better the next time.

"I'm fine. A bit sore, I think you talk different than me... My face is kind of sore particularly... But I'm fine, I think it went well."

Hearing her intention to put off their talk Moritz nodded, considering things. Sometime later in the season, but not too late... When he did not have anything else going on....

"It's fine, I'm ready to take a break as well. How about we meet... On the forty fifth of this season? I should have some free time then, and I'll be busy with classes a lot till then. We can meet in the same place, that first plaza after you exit the dovecote. How about that?"

If Alice accepted Moritz would nod, bit the ghost farewell, and head back to the Dovecote to go home. It had been a long dare at the Bazaar and the Outpost in general, an he was ready for a good rest as well.

WC: 1,256
Purchase :
2 SM = 2 Topaz Kina - Shoes, sandals (Dark black leather)
User avatar
Moritz Craven
Player
 
Posts: 362
Words: 487231
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests