Dreams and Fists (Darren)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Berus on March 8th, 2011, 3:42 am

Berus landed hard on his back, the world spinning around him for the second time that day. That didn't work out as well as it had in his head... Counting on the experienced fighter to just keep his arm outstretched was rather foolish, Berus reflected. He shook his head hard and stumbled back up on his feet.

The man's threat rang loud and clear in the bard's ear, but he paused for a moment to force his legs to be steadier beneath his weight. The man was unfazed by his kick and, though the man was obviously feeling a bit of anger, he was holding it back in respect for Berus's laughable inexperience.

He wouldn't hold back for much longer, though. Berus frowned, "I followed you because I felt.. Challenged.. In a way. Those drunkards took me out so quickly, yet you were able to beat them with ease and then afterwards discarded me like some ragdoll. I felt the need to prove myself." How was he supposed to become a hero if he got his butt kicked so quickly like that?

Berus set his teeth, determined not to back down now.
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 8th, 2011, 4:09 am

"Hmm..." Darren looked at Berus and sighed inwardly. Please...try harder his god complex shouted in his head.

"Alright... so your basically saying :

You > Drunks
Drunks > Me
Me >/= You

At the man's logic, Darren really was starting to get really angry as he addressed himself as the challenge.

Very well then. I'll give you a chance to prove yourself" he said. "Let's see if your up to this challenge."

He then stopped messing with his gloves and assumed a stance. His body was shifted sideways putting weight on his back left leg, his right leg taking point. His arms moved a small arch as it moved into it's position, a variation was made from the usual stance fighting stance as his lead arm was open and pointing downwards towards the ground with his left looking like it was cradling something near his body.

"Don't be all just talk, fufill your what you have proposed to me and I'll think about leaving you in one piece by the end of the night."
he said in a monotone voice. Either way this was going to be painful for both sides, more on his side he thought as his arms were starting to feel the aftereffects of the flux.
Last edited by Darren on March 8th, 2011, 8:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 8th, 2011, 4:33 am

Berus shook his head, amazed at the man’s total confidence. Then he had to shake it again due to the amazement at the man’s readiness and fighting stance. Darren, the name he’d heard earlier, was choosing to fight defensive but was still probably going to crush the little bard.

Oh well, Berus sighed. He’d gotten himself into this and he couldn’t back out now. If he just gave up and went him, he’d probably be here in eighty years, playing the same tune in the same tavern and receiving the same cup full of vomit.

Berus advanced, ducking low and then coming up with a right-hand uppercut aimed for the stomach, hoping to once again surprise his enemy. He hoped to dodge underneath whatever counter the man had planned, using his size to his advantage for once, and then perhaps knock the man offbalance.

His punch went up and he felt it connect with something, but he was bounced back. Undaunted, the slight bard sent his left foot into a kick, which was another foolish attack that was repelled easily. Falling back into a crouch, Berus grimaced as he considered other options. The man was too strong for him and was defeating his every move, so his only option was to depend on speed and hope he could connect. He looked up at the man’s set jaw, several feet above Berus’s crouched position.

Berus sprang upwards, right fist leading, as he aimed a punch that he hoped might do something. The man reacted quickly to Berus’s newest “surprise” attack though, and the bard’s eyes widened quickly as he was unable to pull out of the attack.

(OOC: Alright, I hope this is alright? If not, get back with me so I can edit! =P)
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 8th, 2011, 7:27 am

Darren nodded in approval at the man's conviction as he watched his charge. The bard's motions were suddenly starting to look pretty solid Darren noted as he got ready to retaliate. He was pretty tall compared to fellow Vanthas so he was used to hitting in a downwards motion. Still, the wiry man's position still gave him an advantage.

Darren responded to the man's uppercut by smacking Berus's bicep with his lowered right hand before the fist reached him. The Berus's hit connected with him but was somewhat weakened since Darren connected first. But that wasn't the end to that attack, as Berus followed up with his left leg. The kick making a neat small motion before hitting him cleanly with the snap kick. His right arm taking the hit, sent out ripples of pain to Darren's brain. Weak or not, a clean hit was still somewhat painful.

Darren kept a straight face as the kick collided with his arm. However his inner self was in all types of fury. Luckily, Berus didn't follow up his attack giving Darren some time to quickly get his mind set for his final attack. As Berus's final attack was launched Darren seemed to have moved almost instantaneously. Enough... was the last word Darren growled as he saw the frog punch (that's the name of that attack you did.) He manipulated his flux magic just a bit before the attack as he countered with a huge hit to the guys chest. His fingers nearly digging into his skin when he released his hand from Berus's chest, he didn't give Berus a chance to recover from the possible shock, he ended the with a vicious full leg sweep kick as he started to crumple and sent him back to the ground again. Darren looked at his opponent as he regained full consciousness in his mind, his arms seemingly burning from the counter. He checked his vitals and made sure he was alright before he left him lying on the snow. Nothing too life threatening as promised he thought as he headed home, "however this time he might have gotten a bit of confidence and ability from this beating"

Once there he had his father check over his body to make sure there were no signs of overgiving. A free massage from his father after the check up just to make sure his body doesn't suffer any side effects. He closed his eyes, reviewing the fight he had against the drunks and the bard. What was his name again? Something that related to bears he remembered. Barry? Barry Snowsong it is then. He recalled the constant "surprise attacks" Barry tried to pull on him. Hmph I don't quite yet approve of brawling like that quite yet, but I can see how it makes the normal man able to defend himself he thought to himself softly before he succumbed to the relaxing sleep induced by the massage.
Last edited by Darren on March 8th, 2011, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 8th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Berus leapt up to his feet, mind racing and arms raising to deflect any blow that his larger opponent might be sending down upon him. His eyes flicked back and forth as he attempted to spot his opponent.

Then he realized that the Darren figure was long, long gone.

Berus wearily put one hand to his face, rubbing his eyes. He dusted snow off of his clothing, thankful that it had saved him from elements out here in the snow, though he couldn't judge exactly how long he'd be out. As he brushed off his chest, however, he flinched as ripple of pain spread throughout his body. Ugh...

He remembered then; The man had countered him with a lightning fast move that had smashed him in the chest so hard that Berus was surprised his ribcage hadn't been torn asunder and his heart ripped from his body. He had been rendered unconscious before he had ever hit the ground. Apparently the man had decided he had wasted enough time and left Berus to recover.

Berus sighed, retrieving his lyre from where he had again carelessly dropped it onto the ground. That was a real fighter, a real warrior who could go out and make a name for himself, Berus thought sullenly. Berus glanced down at the lyre he held in both hands, examining the broken string. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life like this, living as a bard amongst a multitude of bards. Just another musician up here in the northern lands who managed to grab what money they could from patrons and other jobs.

I don't want to live that life. Berus shook his head fiercely, and set off for home. He would train himself in combat and get better, now that he had a bit of experience and knew what he was up against. Maybe if he committed himself he might even be able to beat Darren someday.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cheshire on March 24th, 2011, 12:57 am

Character: Berus
Experience: Instrument (Lyre) +1, Unarmed Combat +3
Lore: Playing With Your Eyes Closed, Proving Your Worth

Character: Darren
Experience: Unarmed Combat +3, Flux +2, Intimidation +1, Teaching +1
Lore: Talking Down Others, Talking Tough

Additional Note: Berus' Lyre now has a broken string and needs to be fixed.

Nice to see how you two met. I was going to hound on you two about the use of numbers and symbols in your writing but I see this is an older thread and I trust you have fixed it. PM me with any concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous