Frustrated, in all languages (eisi)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Danyella on March 9th, 2011, 6:49 am

Spring 68, 511

Danyella was attempting to make steel for the first time on her own, and was failing miserably. She couldn't get the coal amount right, and ruined another set of iron. She had been at this for hours and hadn't even gotten close. A sudden whistle signaled that she had just busted the bellows. Cursing loud enough to be heard from outside, she chucked her red hot tongs out the back door and screamed in rage. She stormed outside, frustration and steam radiating off her body. Growling she went to pick her tongs up.

Picking them up she decided to walk off her disappointment. She was walking around, enjoying the surprisingly calm weather. She saw all the people she grew up with and smiled, saw her and her father's work in every door hinge, every weapon, every set of eating cutlery. She smiled at this when duecto the rapid cooling, her favorite tongs cracked and broke into pieces. Something inside her snapped, and she just chucked the broken off handle into the center of the hold, a sound of rage filling the air.[list=][/list]
Last edited by Danyella on March 14th, 2011, 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'isi on March 9th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Eisi was sitting there minding her own business, when she heard a terrifying scream. It sounded to her more like war cry to her. She looked up and saw a rather short girl storming around. She threw something that made a loud crack as it hit the floor. Eisi stood at once, she had never seen such anger and such a display. She covered her mouth with one webbed hand as the girls glared at the object on the floor. The girl was pretty, she had long brown hair and a round face, her eyes right now where that of reddish purple, Eisi took this as she was mad. The girl didn't have the face of a grown woman, but more childlike, sweet and innocent, that is at least what Eisi thought though it was hard to tell at this moment. The girl was much shorter the Eisi only around five foot, give a inch or two. And was dressed in warm layers, much like everyone else here. Over all Eisi decided pretty.

Everyone in the hall looked over to the girl but then, upon seeing who it was, turned back and continued what they were doing. This community seemed closed nit, much like her home in Mura. Everyone seemed to know and understand everyone. And outsiders where welcomed but with a hint of superstition. Much like every other culture out there. So far Eisi enjoyed it here.

Eisi looked back to the ground and saw claw like instrument laying there. She knew what they where though she had never used them herself. This girl must be a black smith, Eisi thought as she looked at the tongs. There were many metal workers in Mura, many artists doing different media's of work, Blacksmiths was something Eisi was interested in, but wanted to master her own craft first, after all she had plenty of time to learn things she wanted to know. She walked over to them and gently picked them up. She turned to the girl and held them out. Her voice rang out like summer bells as she spoke, "I believe these are yours." it was calming, her tone. Her eye held a steady glaze as she smiled a bit in a hello.

OOCcolor coding for this rp CommonKontinese Vani.

E'isi
Free Spirit

Words: 69390
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Danyella on March 10th, 2011, 12:36 pm

Danyella gently took the tongs and let out a massive sigh. She knew she probably looked like a crazy person to this newcomer. Switching to common, "I apologize for my outburst, it was very rude and uncalled for of me," she said, a bit awkwardly and formally. "Have you been shown around, I can tell you are new"

She looked down at her tongs, and sighed. One more thing to fix. She picked up the pieces and placed into a pocket on her worker's apron. She pulled of her gloves, and rubbed her hands, which were starting to callus, due to all the work she does anymore. She took off her cap and let her hair fly free. She felt the skinbiting air weasel into her jacket and loved it. She began to relax as she took in lungfuls of the clean air that belonged to her people. She looked around at all of the recent snow. The best part of snow was that no matter what you built, snow made it more beautiful. She smiled and felt back to normal. She smiled at the newcomer wholeheartedly now.
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'isi on March 13th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Eisi smiled back, happy for at least one friendly person after her freakish night with Darren. "I'm Eisi," she was very formal with her introduction. Almost bowing her head as she said it, " And I am new here, just visiting. Its so pretty but very cold." She spoke in common, seeing how this girl knew it as well as she did. Her accent was there, sweet and bell like, like her voice has always been. "And I would love a tour!" she smiled even sweeter happy that someone was taking the time out of their day to talk with the lonely Konti.

"You are made at the tongs?" she smiled as she tilted her head, she felt as if she needed to keep talking, getting to know people was a favorite pass time for Eisi. She finds people interesting, especially human races. For they live shorter lives and often have unique views on life. Eisi looked back to the girls face, "I don't know how to do any metal work, but I can paint. Many great Konti woman craft with metal." she smiled hoping that talking about this girls passion will bring on a conversation.

E'isi
Free Spirit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Danyella on March 15th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Danyella's eyes turned a gentle shade of amethyst. "I would love to see you paint sometime, and visit your people to see how they smith. But for now I will show you around my home." She lead the exotic looking woman into her father's shop, Kristov's Smithy.

"Here is where my father, Kristov, live and work. We do the majority of the metal work for our hold and a good bit for the others as well. We mostly make tools, building pieces, or decoratives, but we do dabble in implements of war. Many frown but I figure if a tool can help a Vanthan come home safe why not make it?"

She walked into the forge, "In here is where the magic happens," she gestured to her father who was pounding large chunks of bright yellow steel into shape. "We smelt, refine, shape, polish, sharpen, decorate, and maintain and repair all metal objects here." She picked up a large rock with iron ore in it, "What starts as a chunk of earth," she picked up a shiny new dagger, "Ends as an important tool or art."

She then walked out back where they first met, "This yard here is where customers can try out and break in their new equipment. We also offer a service where we will observe a customer practicing with a tool so as to provide them a more customized version to suit their life."

"Would you like to see the mines or the other shops now?"
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'isi on March 15th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Eisi followed and nodded as she showed her around, The shop was interesting. It was simular to most of the ones in Mura, only different in shapes and size. She smiled at the young girl, happy that she seemed normal enough. When the entered the Forge, she felt a wave of heat. It was warm and reminded her of home. She watch as Danyella picked up a rock with shiny metals locked inside. After she put it down Eisi picked it up and took a closer look. It was quite amazing to her that you can make so much from something that was in the ground. Her attention was brought to Dany again once she walked over and picked up a dagger. It was beautiful. It had markings and designs on the blade, he hold was just beautifully decorated. She placed down the rock from where she found it and walked over to take a look at the dagger. She did not touch it for it looked like it was just polished and she didnt want to leave her finger marks on it.

Dany brought her back out side and looked to her, she smiled. "Would you like to see the shops now?"

Now that is something that she could relate to, shopping.

"Dany that would be wonderful." She smiled at the girl and walked with her towards the shops.

OOCPurple Kontinese, Pink Common
E'isi
Free Spirit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Danyella on March 18th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Danyella lead the Konti woman to a few of the Workshops in the hold that doubled as a place to sell goods. Within the Hold proper there was a warm hustle and bustle of busywork. The first workshop they came across was the gem worker. They would, cut, shape, polish, and sell gems here. The worker was in the process of cutting a blood red ruby. Danyella watched closely as the woman picked up her chisel placed it on a fault line already in the gem, and with one swift smack of her wooden mallet, sheared off a whole face of the crimson stone. Danyella was fascinated by the craftsman ship the worker put into it. He began using a smaller set of tools, and chiseling away at smaller faces, edges, and faults. The crimson dust the littered the work space shone brilliantly in the light. Danyella wanted to try her hand at gemcrafting but now was neither the time nor place. She turned to Eisi, "This is where most of our shops and workshops are, very rushed, and very busy, so be careful."
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets