The Story That Never Ends I (Spring 511 AV) (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Danyella on March 14th, 2011, 6:46 am

Danyella smiled as the reknowned storyteller joined them.

Hangk and Milana rode in silence, the only sounds were the ponies they rode. They had been traveling for hours and nothing eventful had happened and the pair hadn't even exchanged words. The grass around them was tall, trees were sparce, and they they would be able to see enemies coming from far away. The entered a clearing, where no grass grew, just flat brown earth. With eight pairs of leather boots sitting in it. With a weird thing attached in place of spurs. The strange item looked like a snake rattle.

A loud chorus of shaking rattles filled the air, followed by a steady drumbeat. Then a acoustic guitar sliced through the air with an addicting twang. A bunch of Dhani, in their half snake half human form slithered out, all snapping their fingers to the beat, their tails making the rattling noise. They shifted into their human form, dressed in leather chaps, vests and strange floppy hats, all in beat to the music. Hangk could see other Dhani in the grass, watching or playing instruments. The eight Dhani stepped into their boots as the music suddenly changed. They began kicking their boots, slapping leathers, and tilting their hats, all in perfect unison. In harmony, "Beat us in a Line Dancing challenge, or Die"
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 14th, 2011, 10:49 pm

At this Hangk nearly wet himself obviously scared out his mind as he he hid behind Milana, "Ummmm...." He stammered "Why do you need us?, We just came from a recent Dhani line dance in Syliras." He shook behind Milana, obviously scared for his life. What's with these things and dancing he thought as he watched them slither closer. "All right we'll dance but if we win you'll have to learn my dance and spread it's name and techniques around the Mizahar!"

He turned to Milana who had an embarrassed look on her face as she put on the boots with him and took his hand as they stepped to dance. At first they looked lousy dancing in a way they weren't familiar but they tried copying the Dhani as they successfully did their parts. Now them after watching them it was their turn to dance, having confidence in their skills they placed one foot forward...and completely failed. Their movements were totally uncoordinated as a couple, tipping over the tip of their boots constantly making fools of themselves. Hangk's looked over at Milana's concerned face "There has to be another way"
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 15th, 2011, 12:15 am

Berus smiled, winking at Bora. Now that she was here, this story might get even more interesting. She’d always been a step ahead of the other Vantha when it came to making marvelous stories. He glanced around, discovering that it was his turn to advance the story. “Milana turned to Hangk and shrugged, unable to think of anything to do. These Dhani hadn’t had any honey that night and were far too numerous to be defeated in a contest of arms. All hope seemed to be lost for Milana and Hangk.”

He looked around at the group, attempting to look crestfallen. “The leader of the Dhani group stepped forward and proclaimed in a loud, snakelike voice, ‘You are now prisoners of the mighty-… well, our name isn’t important. But you are now our prisoners! You will come with us into the desert, where we shall take you to our leader.’ Milana and Hangk looked to each other in amazement, for their quest led them into the desert. This could actually prove to be fortuitous!” Berus immediately perked back up, smiling broadly. Then his eyes shifted from green to dark brown as he mellowed. “But when the Dhani corralled them in with several other prisoners, there was a very familiar face amongst them…”
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Danyella on March 17th, 2011, 2:03 am

Hangk saw his former master among the prisoners. He lunged at him in a blind rage but remembered he was chained as he nearly dislocated his arms. Milana placed a hand on his cheek, "Calm down my friend, we will have our chance soon enough." She began speaking Pavi to a couple of tatooed men also chained up. She turned back to Hangk, "They are taking us to the Battle of the Rattles Arena. Apparantly all slaves are turned into dancing gladiators. You must dance while wielding weapons, the weapons are random, and as are the dance styles. If you don't dance the style you are filled up with Dhani arrows."

The chained prisoners were loaded into barred wagons and began the long journey to the Arena in the desert. Hangk was dying not being able to dance and ignoring Master Kween. He tried to think of all the styles of dance he had learned over the years. There was the Myrian Mambo, the Vanthan Boogaloo, and the Eypharian Slide. He mulled over the others as well...
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Emmelinea on March 23rd, 2011, 10:46 pm

Emmelinea took a seat next to Berus and grinned. "Storytelling, then, are we?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at the others. She spoke in a peculiar way, a slightly modified and old fashioned version of Vani. "I hope I am not interrupting your story...it just sounded so interesting, I had to come..." Emmeline trailed off, blushing, and cleared her throat awkwardly as she took a seat in between Berus and Bora.

Emmeline loved storytelling. Her mother had told her at least a thousand stories throughout her childhood, and as soon as she could talk, Emmeline was making up her own. She often told the Skyglow Hold children stories, and their parents even offered tips on rare occasions, and each time, Emmeline turned them down. She told stories for pleasure, not mizas.
Last edited by Emmelinea on March 24th, 2011, 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Emmelinea
Newbie (:

Words: 1420
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 7:40 pm
Character sheet

Postby Danyella on March 24th, 2011, 5:59 pm

(yes jump in the post you just did to ask)
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous