The Story That Never Ends I (Spring 511 AV) (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

The Story That Never Ends I (Spring 511 AV) (Open)

Postby Danyella on March 9th, 2011, 7:35 am

Spring 10 511
Before starting the posts there are three rules in this thread.

1) this thread is a fictional story made by everyone who is in it. The story is told In Character so you can only use knowledge your character would have.

2) We will go by posting order, as people are added we will add them to the list. So be sure to check the list on occassion. And if you wish to join simply reply to the latest post then we will add you to post order

3) Two paragraph limit per post simply to keep the story changing and fun. Go wild.
PS this thread ends at the official season change.
Post Order:
1) Danyella
2) Darren
3) Berus
4) Cheshire (NPC)
Last edited by Danyella on March 14th, 2011, 4:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Story That Never Ends (Spring 511 AV) (Open)

Postby Danyella on March 9th, 2011, 7:35 am

Danyella sat around the fire and began this season's tale. "A young Vantha, much like you, and you, and you," she started while lookig at young hold members, "Left the Icewatch on a journey that would leave him changing the world everyone knows. He left Icewatch, to seek a career involving two skills he knew nothing of other than the names he heard from a traveling trader. Many scoffed at his ideas, calling him an idiot, a jester, a disgrace. However this man would go on to prove everyone wrong. Very very wrong."

She paused letting this information settle in. Continuing on, "The skills this man wanted to master not only separately, but also in unison, were Dancing and Beekeeping. What is beekeeping some of you may ask? If you've eaten honey brought by merchants from foreign lands then you have tasted the reward from the skill. Beekeeping is the raising of bees, which are a flying insect who uses flowers to make honey. I also hear they have a mean stinger and live in a dome shaped miniature Hold. Beekeepers raise and breed bees and also harvest the honey. And this man wanted to master this skill and combine it with dance. This genius was named Hangk of Icewatch. "
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 9th, 2011, 8:28 am

Darren was looking into the fire as he heard the woman was telling the tale of Hangk. "Yea I've heard of him, that guy usually got beat up pretty bad while he was growing up over at Icewatch." He scoffed at Danyella as his eyes was illuminating a soft blue as it's shine was reflecting the fire's light. "The only thing that fool learned growing up was how to get mauled and how to not die from animal poisons."

"I mean seriously? Who would be dumb enough to ask the Kelvics around Icewatch to mate with a bunch of bees? He obviously had something wrong with him."
Darren concluded his eyes turning back to the normal black. "Oh! Remember that time he was busking that one day? He was dancing for some money but his bees always scared people away, they'd walk over and suddenly run for cover as soon as they saw the bees." He laughed "At the end of the day he made 1 gold coin and was covered in stings, and then he walked off in a huff saying that the coin was enough for him to make his dream possible. That fool!"
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Danyella on March 9th, 2011, 10:42 am

"What happened when he left Icewatch Dany?"
"Yeah Dany tell us!" the children cried.
"Well Hangk first left his home at Whitevine Hold, and decided he wanted to head south, since that's where bees live. He decided to leave during a horrible blizzard, so as to conceal his path from those who might share his dream, though, and lost his sense of direction. He wandered in that blizzard for ten whole days and arrived at the Sea of desperation, starved and nearly dead.

Upon seeing the water he dropped flat on his face. However the strange man was rescued by a group of Charoda that live in that sea. These Charoda are not the small, scared race many know of, these guys are massive, musclebound warriors. Many were carrying tridents of massive length or scimitars the size of great swords. These beings brought him food and water. They waited on himto revive to hear his story.
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 10th, 2011, 2:52 am

Berus leaned forward eagerly, grinning boyishly as he took up the tale. He looked around the gathering as he spoke, green eyes sparkling. “He told the mighty Charoda of his dream and, admiring his determination, they decided to help him. They told him of a hermit who lived on a small island not far away who was reputed to be the greatest dancer in the world. They offered to take him there for the price of a single gold rimmed miza.”

“Hangk eagerly handed them his hard-earned miza, the one he had earned dancing with the bees before,” Berus chuckled. “Then, with a great burst of strength, the Charoda lifted the small man and bore him across the water at a speed that rivaled the rushing wind. So great was his passing that those few who saw him foreverafter told tales of a man who was able to fly above the waves, pursued by a swarm of angry bees!”
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 10th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Darren took a look at the children and smiled as they listen to Berus talk. Heh he's got a knack for this I see he thought as he watched them "ooh and "ahh" to Berus's vivd story, Alright my turn!" Yes! The master turned out to be a skinny man in his thrities that moved with the grace of a young man in love. He looked at the new comer with a look of curiosity and experience, his eyes assessing the boys vigor and his hardiness that came from the bees."

"So...you think you can dance?"
He said doing a dramatic pose. When suddenly he went off in array of movements Hangk has never seen before elaborate arm and leg movements simultaneously working in unison as he finished with an amazing leap into the air his legs stretching the whole distance as he landed on a chair and spun around to face him. "Hmph let's see if you can do that! Come on do something that will amaze me!"
Last edited by Darren on March 11th, 2011, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 11th, 2011, 1:11 am

Berus winked at Darren, enjoying listening to the big, powerful man get so enthused with this storytelling. “Hangk stood for a few moments wondering what would impress such a master of the dancing craft. The master waited expectantly for a few moments as Hangk simply drew a blank! His skills were no match for this dance master, and it he’d traveled all the way to this island for nothing!” Berus looked around at the crowd, attempting to draw suspense.

“Then, he received help from another unlikely place! An unfortunate bee got itself caught in his pants and, seeing no escape route, lashed out with his vicious tail, right into Hangk’s buttocks! Hangk yelped and leapt up into the air, higher than even the dance master, accidently spinning in the process and leading his bees in the strange upward twirl. He still managed to land on both feet! The dance master’s jaw dropped as he proclaimed that he would teach the young man, but Hangk was, for the moment, more concerned with rubbing the pain out of his butt!” Berus leaned back, laughing for effect.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Danyella on March 11th, 2011, 1:42 am

Danyella enjoyed watching the childlike wonder on the youth's, and even some of the adults' faces. "How did you do that amazing feat young man? And you can call me Daw Kween, some call me Daw 'Dancing' Kween, but you can call me master." "A bee stung me, I wasn't dancing." The Master chuckled and gently snatched two bees out of the air, and walked over to Hangk, and dropped them into his pants. "Now dance apprentice."

Hangk began leaping all over the place, hootin' and hollerin'. He was doing spins and flips he never thought imaginable, all the while his arms flailing wildly. The Master was laughing and clapping trying to find a rhythm. "We should call this dance The Sting Swing!" he yelled. "I haven't felt this young in years, keep it up!" Danyella looked around at the smiling faces, knowing another generation of Vantha had fallen in love with storytelling.
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 11th, 2011, 2:16 am

Seeing that it was his turn to spin the yard. SIgh* "Alright, now with a master and an apprentice the bond between the two blossomed nearly overnight. The trust in the two was blatently obvious as they danced day in and day out. They even made secret dances in their sleep. He looked to see if anyone would react to that weirdly. (Not like that guys) Eventually these happy times got abruptly disturbed."

"A call to their prowess. A region wide contest! This is something that will have your name known worldwide" said the master to the student." We shall set of to this tournament so that the world can see the debut of my disciple "Hangk!" and his new style of "The Sting Swing!" Come let's head to the south. We can probably find you some more bees to sting you" he joked as they made preparations to leave.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 11th, 2011, 2:37 am

Berus eagerly jumped into the story. “They traveled south, this time crossing the water by ship, and landed back on the mainland, thought it was a strange land that for some odd reason, bore no snow on the ground.” Berus looked at the young Vantha, smiling at their confused faces. “Instead the land was covered in green grass that stretched as far as the eye could see!” Berus, overly excited, waved his hands in the air to accentuate the image.

“Master Daw led Hangk south for only a short while before, at a crossroad, they were intercepted by large men riding magnificent horses; Drykas! The horsemen formed a circle around the two, leveling their weapons and shouting out in a language that poor Hangk couldn’t understand. Despairing, Daw fell too his knees, muttering something about ‘a wrong turn.’” Berus grinned at the crowd. “A wrong turn indeed, I say!”
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next