Location [Syliras Location] The Welcome Home

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Welcome Home

Postby Fade on August 13th, 2010, 7:35 am

“They are strong enough and there is no particular way to fight them off, just pure will force. Some stronger and violent wishes can get me disorientated for some seconds as I fight them of” She said in a calm voice though when she heard his words about delaying their departure a smile broke on her face. She wondered how a person could be so nice? If that was indeed the right word. She simply thanked him .
But when he gave her 25 mizas she looked up sharply and said in a logical voice “Is there any way I can deter you from giving me this money?” Then she added in a rather faltering voice "I could earn them during these days…” She looked at the blind man in front of her straight into his unseeing eyes and poked the sack of mizas meaningfully.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Guido Faragas on August 13th, 2010, 8:57 am

As Stitch talked of Silven, the young reimancer’s face clouded a little. It was evident that he was extremely concerned about the fate of his master. However, his demeanour brightened considerably when the blind man accepted the applicant into the expedition and deposited a bag of Mizas on to the table. “The 20th will be fine,” Guido confirmed, taking the Mizas in rather tentative fashion and weighing the bag in his hands as if not quite believing that he had been accepted so readily. His eyelids were blinking rapidly – perhaps with excitement or apprehension, it was difficult to tell: those who knew him well would soon realise that the blinking was a nervous characteristic that he found difficult to control. It also drew attention to his unusually vivid green eyes.

“I am not familiar with the place to which we are going,” continued Guido, still toying with the bag, feeling the coins inside with his fingers. “How far away is it? What quantity of rations will be needed? Will trail rations suffice? Are there any other supplies you would recommend that I take?” The questions came thick and fast, almost leaving the youth breathless. He was now perched on the edge of his chair, leaning over the table in an earnest fashion.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Stitch on August 18th, 2010, 7:58 pm

-Fade-

Ah, she was happy with him. He could see the happiness breaking out through her Aura, and he could easily guess that she was smiling. This was good. She had been a little too shy and sad for his tastes, and had been trying to get her to give him a genuine smile for quite awhile now. He was glad she had finally done it.

As she poked at the money bag, he shook his head, matching her small smile with a broad one of his own. "No milady, you cannot convince this one to take back the money." In the back of his mind, he was recalling how Rhuryc had managed to make him keep the Mizas. He had been a bit confused back then on how to respond to such a show of kindness, but this time, he was ready. "This one wishes to help in some way or fashion, and this one hopes you will allow this one his kindness. This one would be most honored if you would."

Stitch was still smiling, but the grin had turned a bit coy now. Fade might get the feeling that Stitch was feeling quite clever now, and indeed, he was. He had worded the sentence so that it would make her feel rude to decline his money, and in feeling so, she would then be inclined to take it. Therefor, he was allowed his kindness, and wouldn't have to take back the Mizas.

Stitch inwardly chuckled, mentally rolling his eyes at himself. Perhaps he was being a bit too manipulative about this.

-Guido-

Stitch spoke, his voice suddenly deep, and mysterious. He could tell the young man was both excited and nervous, and had decided to have a small bit of fun with it.

"The Labyrinth is the creation of a mad wizard of Alahea, a masterful magic wielder who was both brilliant, and powerful. He was known for his anger, known for his paranoa, but revered for his skills in Magecraft... But one day..." Stitch's voice grew deeper, the look on his face more ominous. It was obvious he was talented at telling stories, and he was acting as if he was telling one to a child. Was Guido buying it? "...The wizard snapped!" Stitch brought his hand down on the little desk, a loud and sudden bang sounding through the small office.

"Consumed in his paranoa, consumed by the idea that everyone was after him, and his magics... He retreated to the Wildlands, bent on creating a guardian that would forever hide his most precious treasures..." Stitch lifted his hands, waving and moving them about, making wild gestures as he told the fabled tale. "...And he created the Labyrinth." Stitch paused, letting this sink in, making sure the man was absorbing all of the information. Taking a deep breath, he continued, his voice still deep and dark, dangerous and deadily. "Projecting his very life into this creation, he made a maze that would devour those who came searching for his precious treasures... The entrance to the labyrinth is marked by a stone archway, where inviting whispers reach the ears of unwary travelers and draws them in. Alend may be gone, but this area is a testament to his power. Tread carefully, or risk.. death." The last word was spoken in a whisper, Guido suddenly finding that Stitch had stepped quite close, and was staring upon him with those dead, unseeing eyes.

A slight pause, and Stitch stepped back, a smile suddenly on his face once more. "Or at least that is what the books say! Nothing to worry about though, this one will watch out for you!" Giving the man a hearty slap on the shoulder, Stitch chuckled, the previous statement an obvious joke about his blind eyes. He was all smiles and laughs now, his tone quite casual. Was this blind man serious? This sounded dangerous!

"Anyways, you would want to pack about a week and a half, or two weeks of rations. Trail should be fine, we will mostly be moving over plains, and through forests. It is a week and a half by foot, but we will likely be taking horses. The extra rations will be for if we have to camp in the Labyrinth itself. Bring whatever else you think is needed, milord. Water, food, and supplies for dungeon delving!" Stitch chuckled again, looking much too happy about this now-dangerous-sounding venture.

The man was truly carefree, and with the joyous air about him, it was hard not to get caught up in it yourself.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Guido Faragas on August 27th, 2010, 10:51 am

As Guido leant forwards in nervous anticipation, Stitch began his tale of the labyrinth. Talk of “mad wizards” and “magic wielders” stirred the young reimancer’s imagination and did little for his nerves: indeed, his eyes began blinking more rapidly than at anytime since he had entered the room. His jaw was about to drop open when the blindman hammered his hand down, shaking the desk. Guido started in nervousness, lifting his hands widely in the air. However, the banging on the desk also helped jolt the young man into the realisation that his prospective companion might be elaborating his tale somewhat. The reimancer was used to similar tales being told by his mentor Silven; moreover, Guido was a fair storyteller himself, spending many bells earning a few coins in the Stallion. He recognised the signs – the deep voice, the stirring language, the force of the hand on the table. Relaxing a little, he sat back in the chair to listen to the rest of the tale.

Even though the reimancer understood that his companion might be describing the quest in an over- dramatic manner, he knew from Silven’s tales that “guardian’s” and "labryinth’s" might be very real and a queasy sensation began to develop in his stomach. He gulped deeply and then held his breath when the storyteller came closer and the unseeing eyes bored down on the young man’s countenance. The subsequent slap on the back expelled the air from Guido’s lungs and he choked and coughed, lifting his hands to his mouth. “Sorry,” he blurted out. “Just a little throat problem.”

Having recovered his equilibrium, the youth listened intently to Stitch’s account of what might be required, nodding to acknowledge that he understood. Cradling the coin bag in his hand, the youth raised himself from his seat. “Very well, I shall procure the supplies and meet you on the 20th. If there is nothing more I will depart to make the necessary arrangements.” If the other had nothing more to say, Guido would leave with a mixture of high excitement and acute nervousness.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on September 15th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Seasonal XP Award!
Summer 510 AV

Stitch
XP Award: Persuasion: 3 XP
Lore Award: Childcare, Getting money out of people

Additional Note
Keep up the good work!
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Dusk on October 27th, 2010, 12:05 am

XP Award!

Rhuryc
XP Award: Rhetoric: 2 XP
Lore Award: Location of the Welcome Home, The Proprietor of the Welcome Home, Auristics (poor), Quick reflexes, Finding a friend
Ledger:

Stitch
XP Award: Auristics: 3 XP, Investigation: 1 XP, Interrogation: 1 XP, Storytelling: 1 XP
Lore Award: Testing a man's worth, A pretty lady, Explaining Auristics (again and again...), Ranuri's Aura, Scaring the Volunteers
Ledger: -25gm for Guido, -25gm for Fade

Fade
XP Award: Interrogation: 1 XP
Lore Award: Location of the Welcome Home, Mysteries of a Blind Man, Interviewing, Auristics (poor), Being guilted into accepting payment
Ledger: +25gm

Guido
XP Award: Rhetoric: 1 XP
Lore Award: Location of the Welcome Home, Auristics (poor), The Myth of the Labyrinth
Ledger: +25gm

Additional Note
Let me know if you have any questions, or if you think you need anything else!

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Dlight on February 22nd, 2011, 12:36 am

Winter 50th, 510 AV

Dlight knocked hesitantly on the door of the Welcome Home, not sure if he would even be welcomed in. Syna was still up, and even though his wings were tucked around him, it would have been hard to miss the fur that marked him as a Zith. Yet he wasn't visiting because of some diabolical plan to kidnap children-- he was simply lonely.

It had taken a long time for Dlight to approach the door and the wait was killing him, making him aware of every second that seemed to drag by. Children had never been on the top of his list of who he wanted as company however these were orphans, they'd lost their home just like he had.
Dlight
Your blight is my delight

Words: 51893
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 5:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Archon on May 1st, 2011, 3:33 pm

"Just a moment!" came a feminine voice in response to Dlight's knock, and that was quickly followed by the sound of many feet rushing across wood floor.

The stampeding feet seemed to be coming in Dlight's direction, and after a few moments they culminated in several thumps against the door. Several childish giggles sprung up from the other side of the door, along with the feminine voice laughing happily, "Look out dears, I need to open the door," and then the door opened for Dlight, revealing Aenysa Tieran, wearing a simple yellow dress decorated with stitched flowers, and three young children.

The children's giggles stopped as they caught sight of Dlight, but Aenysa smiled pleasantly at him, "Hello there, what brings you to the Welcome Home today?"
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Office

Postby Ethne on December 22nd, 2011, 1:40 am

Timestamp: 8th of Winter, 511 A.V.

Ethne swallowed audibly as she stood outside of the Welcome Home. It took a lot for her to come here, because it wasn't that Ethne didn't have a home. It just came to the point where she either fed herself or died in her pride at home. She could hear the giggles of children inside as she shakily knocked on the door with her bandaged hands.

She stepped back, waiting for someone to come to the door. Her dress was almost brown from dirt and in tatters. Her arms were muscular and her legs strong, but her stomach had drawn in from living in squalor. She winced in hunger as she heard someone coming to the door.
Ethne
Hater of GMing.

Words: 11881
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 8:38 pm
Character sheet

Postby Chevalier on January 4th, 2012, 2:08 am

Ethne

The sounds of footsteps could only be picked up by the most perceptive ears as Aenysa came for the door. The sounds of a few small voices calling to one another, as if to pass on a message resounded, 'Someone is at the door!' This message was moved throughout the interior of the home until it had reached the madam of the Welcome Home.

As the brown haired woman opened the door her eyes landed upon the pale skinned girl in front of her. Between her hands Aenysa was folding what appeared to be a kitchen towel, and the scent of cookies wafted throughout the air, billowing from the warmer interior of the home out into the cool winter's climate that Ethne stood in. Those sweet morsels, a treat for the children within, only after having finished their vegetables of course. "Well hello there!" Aenysa said in a jovial manner, tossing the towel, now folded longways across her shoulder. "I don't believe I've seen you around here before, so welcome to our home. What brings you in?"
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Office

PreviousNext