OLD [Syliras' OOC Thread] The Calm within the Storm

OOC Chatter and Mod Announcements here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Syliras' OOC Thread] The Calm within the Storm

Postby Kadarus on August 27th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Hey Syliras,

Figured to start myself out, I'd come to this city. I just tossed up a post at the gates, and I'm considering what to do...I'd love to post in Sometimes the Luck Pours Out of the Shoe, but I don't know if I'm too late for that...
"Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter."
- Hector of Troy, Iliad XXII, Lines 304-5
Kadarus
Bestiarius

Words: 31081
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2009, 8:00 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 28th, 2009, 4:27 pm

I think the Luck thread is a little crowded - one of the reasons its moving a bit slowly. I can start a new open adventure too for some of the newer folks in the city. Watch for it sometime late late tomorrow. I'm having an anniversary (well its today - 4th!) celebration tomorrow so there's a bit of a car show at our local hometown garlic fest and then dinner out for most of the day - but I'll be back in the evening!

Sorry I was totally away yesterday - silly real life appointments kept me out all day and work kept me out all night.

I'm doing posting catchup today before work so we'll see where we get. Oh, and I should have a clothing store in sometime today (late late pst) as soon as I finish the price list. Angelabeth might even graciously moderate it since shes working there if we can prod her enough on it.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on August 28th, 2009, 7:22 pm

Oh, a clothing store. I hope it's okay that Malia's looking for clothing at the Great Bazaar in a thread. Maybe she won't find anything ... but she really doesn't look for something special.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 31st, 2009, 6:20 am

Hey guys and girls

Sorry if you are waiting for a post from me, I have been sick as of late and getting back on my feet. My tomorrow night all my posts will be up to date.
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Argis Valkyn Terras on September 1st, 2009, 8:57 pm

Hey Gossamer, can I get a post up in the iroworks please :)
Argis Valkyn Terras
Player

Words: 2287
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 9:59 pm
Race: Isur

Postby Gossamer on September 2nd, 2009, 7:41 pm

Absolutely. Expect it tonight. Sorry for the slowness Argis! I've been dealing with a lot of work at work which has me on a six day schedule working extremely long and stressful hours. It won't last - and truthfully I'm thankful its busy - because its been dead for months. But we're doing Christmas right now and Halloween at the same time in the big retail world of distribution.. which means crazy hours for everyone. I'll be catching up and keeping up, but I'm only doing mod posts within Syliras at shops etc about twice a week until the slowdown happens.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaolin on September 2nd, 2009, 8:07 pm

Hello all,

Thought I'd start my character off here since it seems to be where the action is. Or at least, where the action was in the summer. I presume it will still be the place to be in the fall. I was wondering where the nearest Pycon Pyve would be in relation to the city or where it the city it would be if its inside the walls.
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein
Kaolin
Player

Words: 1488
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2009, 8:35 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on September 2nd, 2009, 9:29 pm

Kaolin,

Since we don't have many Pycon players yet, I haven't set up a Pyve at all. However, players are encouraged to develop their own ideas. You can pick and choose. The fourth tier of the castle is a bazaar.. the third a residential area where people live. If you'd like you can create a Pyve there. It would be rare that they'd be in the city themselves since hardly anyone actually does live out in Syliras. Everyone lives up at Stormhold, and only the businesses that really need a lot of space (and the extremely poor ones that aren't exactly sanctioned) are outside.

But if you can/want to come up with a Pyve other than in the castle, your welcome too so long as it has a great backstory as to why it exists. Welcome to Syliras, and I'm sure we'll have a lot of things going on in the fall. I do however want to wrap up some summer events before we get too carried away... however there will be a holiday at least once this season with opportunities for adventure.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaolin on September 2nd, 2009, 9:52 pm

Understood. I was mainly trying to determine if I would be a tiny native venturing out into the wider city for the first time or a tiny newcomer. I don't plan to be spending time in the Pyve for a long while yet. If I get inspired, I'll work on detailing it up.
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein
Kaolin
Player

Words: 1488
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2009, 8:35 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Nickorius on September 14th, 2009, 4:05 am

Hey everybody, I just dropped into the OOC thread to basically tell everybody that I'm around. Who am I? I'm the new Assistant Storyteller of Syliras! Woo Hoo. I'm not quite sure what I'm allowed to do, but if you need help with anything or need a mod, shoot me a PM or IM me on AIM. I'm always eager to get new threads going for you.
Nickorius
Harvester of Souls

Words: 13932
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 9:53 pm
Office

PreviousNext