OLD [Syliras' OOC Thread] The Calm within the Storm

OOC Chatter and Mod Announcements here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Syliras' OOC Thread] The Calm within the Storm

Postby Fia Eaven on September 14th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Hello everyone! Like most, I'm starting out here looking for some fun people to write with. Unlike most, though, I'd love to get a job at the smithy. Point at the hoops mods and I will try to jump through them. :)
Fia Eaven
May She Live Like Some Green Laurel

Words: 74775
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2009, 5:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on September 14th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Nickorius! Welcome! Thank Goodness even! I'm a little overrun as a mod these days and your help is entirely too welcome. Feel free to moderate locations, add new ones, answer player questions, run quests.... you know, the whole nine yards of being a moderator. You have all the modly powers a Domain Storyteller has, just stick to Syliras, The Cobalts, and The Wilderness for now. And, I found your avatar to be somewhat humorous. :)

If anyone else is interested in being a part time moderator with a few threads or the ability to mod shops etc let me know. We're quickly getting to the point where I'm overrun and starting to loose track of threads.

Fia - Welcome to Syliras. I read your character sheet and thought it was lovely. If you want a job at the Ironworks, just post in the that thread. You are a woman and human, though, so expect to hassled slightly or at least looked upon skeptically by the Isur there. If you were another Isur, it'd be all 'Hello long lost daughter! Here's your workstation, fabulous pay, and living quarters!'... but, poor Ros is a bit skeptical that humans, let alone females, can actually be good smiths.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on September 15th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Welcome and hello, Nickorius and Fia! It's good to see some new faces around, especially an Assistant ST.

A quick note: School has started two days ago, and while I don't know much about my studying schedules yet, I already know that I'll have three days less for posting (the ones I'll come home at 5 pm). So, if my posting speed is slightly delayed, you know why. I'll try my best to keep up though! ;)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Duskshroud on September 17th, 2009, 4:21 am

I know - I just finished my midterms from the summer semester... gah - I've still got ice on my hand - so much writing. Who ever thought that I'd do more essays for psych and world religions then I did for English comp 1 & 2?
Duskshroud
Player

Words: 4404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2009, 12:31 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Toshi on September 19th, 2009, 8:42 pm

If I were to apply with the Syliran Knights, how would I go about that? I'm a bit apprehensive about posting at Stormhold Castle since I'm not sure if its a receiving area for people interested in joining their ranks.
Look, the East is Burning Red!
Toshi
Player

Words: 36288
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2009, 5:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Voreasos Alisier on September 19th, 2009, 9:17 pm

Sorry again people for me not being here and such. Been sick again this week but net is fixed just wish my health was fixed.
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 19th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Hey guys... sorry I have been lax on the adventures. I'll be catching up today with big posts for them (and ditching all the non-posters!). Also, I have plans to finish the few stores we have left in Syliras and call it 'completed' so i can move on to doing some more development for other locations around Mizahar.

Stormhold Castle is filled with commoners.. its basically a city within walls - be it commerce, residential housing.. etc and folks are welcome within. The people that live outside the castle are really just overflow. The second tier has an office and NPCs that can be contacted to join... I can make it its own location or you can simply just start a thread wanting to join and I'll jump in and mod for any perspective Syliran knights.

Welcome back Vor and Duskshroud.. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ayla on September 20th, 2009, 1:29 am

I suppose I should have said hello earlier, but Hello Syliras! Ayla has come to your fair city, or atleast its region for the time being. She's currently kinda lost in the Cobalt Mountains. Cartography she may know, but not Land Navigation.

Anyways, I look forward to playing with you all. :D
Ayla
Acquitor

Words: 9223
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2009, 4:07 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Syfec Morbus on September 20th, 2009, 7:50 pm

Hey Goss, I'm not sure fi you never saw it or you just forgot about it, but this Training Thread still needs xp. :D Whenever you're not busy.
Syfec Morbus
Freelance Reimancer

Words: 13441
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2009, 1:14 am
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on September 21st, 2009, 7:30 pm

OOOhhhh never saw it Syfec. :) I'll award here in a minute.

Guys, I just wanted to let you know whats going on with me. At work we're in full swing Christmas while at the same time finishing Halloween Candy and doing Thanksgiving. In short, I'm pretty tired and working 6 days a week. My shifts are ranging from 3pm to whenever in the early am, and even though I had a day off Saturday its just really not enough time to relax and recharge. It's insanely busy... busy busy busy. I am going breakneck most of my shift and keep cutting lunch and breaks short I'm told, the vast majority of vacations have been handed out and next week should be back to normal. Plus, there are some other drivers we are finally getting trained to pick up some of the slack, which should be kicking me back to five days a week and normal weekends from friday on.

So that means... I suppose, don't expect a lot out of me until about the weekend. I might have my moments, but I'm really trying to get a full eight hours of sleep, and that leaves me just a couple of hours of me time meaning Miza during the week this week. :) One of which, is being reserved for eating chocolate cake... mmmmm.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext