Divine Learning.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Divine Learning.

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 28th, 2011, 9:35 pm

(Wright Memorial Library) 60th of Winter 510AV

Nex sat stooped over various texts he had collected from around the library. For now in a effort to conserve time he just skimmed over the books and various pieces of parchments, looking for anything of note.

Anything that he found mentioned the god, Rhysol in it he set to the side, along with anything dealing with a goddess by the name Eyris in it as well. While he initially did not set out to learn about the goddes he found himself pulled to the texts containing information about the goddess or in some cases acconts from her followers that described her. He had never really thought much about the gods or goddesses until a few days ago, when he met the most curious kelvic wolf.

Now in service to a friend he tried to find out as much as he could about this Rhysol character, but also at the same time studied more about this goddess that so interested him. Atlas deciding what texts and pieces of parchment where the most important, he prowled along the shelves to put back the unneccesary scrolls and books that he did not need. His foots rang hollow in the almost empty library. It was just after dawn still, and most people where dealing with their various chores. He had arrived early in a effort to get as much quite study as possible. Nex expected it to remain quite for quite some time, not paying any mind to the near silent rustlings of a bored librarian, regretting he had the early shift.

Going back to his table he immediately sat down and begain poring over the texts concerning Eyris. Soaking up every morsel contained within the pages, he spent hours upon hours analyzing the texts that described her, portrayed her in legends, and even a couple of poems that concerned her. He knew that he had found his patron deity, and the fact of this spurred him on to new hieghts of learning about her.

After spending several hours upon hours studing her he felt his eyes begin to get heavy, his lid doing their best to stay open, could not resist the exteme exaustion that overwelmed his system, and he laid his head on the dusty parchment and books, and fell asleep to the smell of aged paper and bindings that filled the room.

He woke up from his nightmare covered in a sheen of sweat. Nex glanced around the library and was sure that it was well into night time and had over stayed his welcome in the grand palace of knowledge as he saw it. Still curious about the goddess, and at least somewhat curious about the evil god. Being secretive as he could, he piled up the books and then took it to the corner of the room, where he replaced them in a row behind a couple volumes dealing with the history of Zeltiva, and another book full of some long dead bard's poems.

Confident he had successfully saved them for himself to read later, he took his backback, and then left the library, appologizing to the librarian, who's nap he had disturbed upon waking up and exiting. He decided to get some sleep for the night and then come back first thing in the morning.

Once outside he found a alley between two very imposing sturctures, whom's names escaped him at that moment and he laid his backpack down, stipping off all his cloths and relishing the brisk night that crept over his skin. He smiled and streched, and in a blink of idea, where the man priviously stood was now a wolf, Nex's original form. Curling up beside the backpack, he quickly fell asleep comfortably, making a note in his mind to go hunting when he woke up
Last edited by Nex Paciscor on May 26th, 2011, 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Divine Learning.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 6th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Ricky searched the nearby alleys for Odis, who chased off after a cat playfully. Ricky never really minded Odis for being so playful, but he usually never went off far on his own. As he walked near the library he called out, "Odis!" but no bark or cheerful dog came around. Puzzled with the situation he took a seat on the library steps. Tomorrow is when we should be leaving, but I can't leave without some good sleep...and the only way to ensure I get good sleep is when Odis is in the house....

He heard a noise in the alley not too far from where he is, and figured that Odis had chased the helpless kitty back there. Immediately he rose and wandered over, looking to find what look like a dog laying there. "Odis? What are you doing there?" Ricky asked, seeing a lump of black fur. However Odis' fur is not that black, even in a alley dark as this.

Then Odis' bark echoes from where he came from, causing him to swiftly react and turn. Shock and relief filled up within him, because he found Odis...after he found something else.

Quickly Odis charged toward his masters side, and went from a low whine to a defensive growl at what lay before them. "What is it boy?" Ricky asked, but he new by the looks of it it was something that may be unfriendly.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Divine Learning.

Postby Nex Paciscor on April 7th, 2011, 6:55 am

A raucous noise seemed to echo in his head. Someone, something was disturbing his well needed rest, Nex thought grumpily. He sensed that the sound that had roused him where the shrill yaps of a domestic pet, likely a dog of some sort, he thought rather carefully, but not deining to open his eyes just yet. Still he sensed another was near by, a man by the smell of him, and he decided to rise and reveal that he was indeed in the act of slumbering, and posed no threat to him or his dog.

Staring up at him with his keen wolf eyes, he decided to take on his human form, to more put the man more at ease. He quickly turned into a lean human before the man, and extended his hand towards him. "Greetings my friend, my name is Nex, it seems you have caught me sleeping." He said after shaking the last vestiges of drowsiness from his conciousness.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Divine Learning.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 7th, 2011, 6:38 pm

Ricky, amazed, shook the hand that was brought out in front of him. He has heard amazing stories of the other races, but never suspected he'd meet a Kelvic in his life. Not one that was a wolf at least, Odis still kept a low defensive growl. Yet his curiosity was piqued by the man in front of him, and he hesitantly started sniffing Nex's foot. "I'm Ricky the fisherman and this is my dog Odis." He snapped to avert his furry companions attention from Nex's foot.

Odis reluctantly backed off, still curious of the Kelvic in front of him. "I was just looking for Odis here, but then I found you and he found me so...." He lost track of thought as his eyes wondered to the belongings scattered here and there, his observation of the area told him that Nex was quite alone. "Do you not have a place to stay?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Divine Learning.

Postby Nex Paciscor on April 8th, 2011, 3:42 am

With him standing there in all his brazen glory, few would have chosen to initiate conversation with him, let alone carry on with casual speech, and yet this man standing here before him, either didn't notice or didn't mind to much that he was naked. The cool spring breeze, that still had a hint of winter in it, felt good against his skin, yet he still shivered reflexively. He found himself to be impervious to most degrees of cold, but his human form lacked the hardy constitution that he himself possesed.

"Nice to make your acquaintance Master Riki of the Fishing Men" he greeted cheerfully, and bowing low as was his custom in the city where he formerly resided. "Trust me you are by no means intruding on my peace, one does expect things like this to occur when they make there home in a alleyway." He said, doing his part to ease the man's worries should he have any.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Divine Learning.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 8th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Ricky started to feel awkward now that his eyes were adjusting to the darkness of the alley, although he felt that way he payed little attention to the fact that Nex was in his birthday suit. He wanted give Nex a comfortable place to sleep for the night, and see if there was a possibility that Nex was planning to leave Zeltiva.

The only way to know for sure is if I can converse with him well enough to know. He thought, Odis curiously cocked his head sideways at Nex. Ricky smiled at this, seeing opportunity rise for them both. If the gods do favor us then maybe we should do the honor of giving this man a home to sleep in. It would be the least I can do before we set out tomorrow....

"Uh, if you need a more comfortable place to rest I have a shack Odis and I live in. If you like your welcome to stay with us for the night." A feeling of reluctance was tied in his stomach, only because he hardly knew the guy and just met him in the awkwardest of ways...but he had to push away that feeling. It was against his nature to leave someone out in the streets like this, and on the plus side he'd have company to probably feed and socialize with for the night.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Divine Learning.

Postby Nex Paciscor on April 10th, 2011, 3:03 am

"I would be honored, and accept your invitation my kind friend" he replied bowing low. Nex figured his studies could indeed wait atleast until tommorow, and it would be good to have some company for the night, who knows where he'd be in the next few days. This man and his pup seemed kind enough, and would probably offer some entertaining conversation to say the least. He offered a warm smile and another bow, before grabbing up his cloths and in turn dressing up. Didn't want to make his new gracious hosts too uncomfortable after all.

"You are too kind my good sir" he said getting up and greeting the man warmly after he finished dressing. "Now which way, may I ask, is the way to your home?"
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Divine Learning.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 10th, 2011, 5:27 pm

"Oh, it's not too far from the Kelp Club. Just follow me and I'll show you." Ricky responded, Odis barked happily as they continued to the end of the alley they entered. It seems that Odis was happy to have a half man half wolf companion in the house hold. Engaging into conversations with this man will surely bring us closer, who knows perhaps we will be traveling together when Odis and I leave tomorrow...

The thought crossed his mind several times, but he never bothered to ask since they practically just met. When he turned to see if Nex was following the light from the moon glowed on him, the small glass feather he wore around his neck glistened. He looked at it for a moment to admire it's work, then switched his attention back to Nex.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Divine Learning.

Postby Nex Paciscor on April 11th, 2011, 2:45 am

He followed the man warily, suddenly all to suspicious of a trap, after all in Mizahar one could never be to careful if he wanted to survive. Why had he just become so busy of late, what with his studies of his Diety, his pressing engagment in Ravok, it all just seemed so overwhelming to him. He was thankful for the reprieve that this man offered. Nex would try and make the best of it, of that he was sure.

Smiling back at Ricky, he followed him graciously through the streets, never dropping his gaurd, but still seeming fairly carefree.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Divine Learning.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 11th, 2011, 10:02 pm

Ricky guided Nex down the street while Odis gleefully barked at cats wondering the streets, they passed the Kelp Bar and arrived at his shack not to far. The pier was in good view from where they stood, the sound of the waves crashing as they washed the shoreline made Ricky feel relaxed. He did notice that even though Nex appeared to be care free there was tension, which meant he didn't trust Ricky very well.

The idea of a better place to sleep appeals to him, but he's no doubt on guard. Making him feel comfortable may not be so easy, but company is company and if he doesn't want to stay in the end its fine by me.

He takes his key out of his pocket and unlocks the creaky door, as the inside is lit by small candles and few lanterns. He went inside and held the door open for his new acquaintance to enter, but Odis went first instead. Happily panting as he took his seat next to the table, Ricky gave him the look that says it all and Odis laid down. Looking up at him like he don't want to be punished, but Ricky just pointed to him. "We have company, treat them with respect." He told Odis, who happily replied with a bark. Ricky smiled and moved his attention back to Nex, who was still at the door.

"Your welcome to stay here if you like." He reassured, remembering that Nex may still feel a bit uncomfortable. "I'll have a quick meal ready if your hungry."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next