Closed Oh, the colors that blind (Crylon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Oh, the colors that blind (Crylon)

Postby Faye on April 28th, 2022, 4:13 pm

52nd of Spring

Faye got an early start that morning to pay a visit to Tropical Fever Fashions, hoping to get a couple of orders in before she met her brother over on the beach near the Inn. As she stepped inside, she bowed slighly towards Dawn who was just setting up, her long gloves a glaring reminder of the curses that still hung over the heads of many Sykans. In fact, most of Dawn’s skin was covered to keep her from accidentally brushing up against the Isuas, and Faye seldom ever saw her actually inside the shop anymore. She couldn’t imagine what the woman must be going through with her allergy to the Isuas that she worked with so well, and half-remembered that another Sykan was supposed to be helping her out. That must have been a small comfort at least Faye considered as she briefly looked around before shyly approaching Dawn.

“Um.. Hey Dawn. We met earlier in this season with Oralie.” Faye said as she nervously tugged at the hem of her borrowed dress which still fit her well even though she was well into her thirties now.

“I remember Faye. What can I do you for today?” Dawn asked. She looked tired. No, exhausted more like, something that was becoming almost a feature on the faces of Sykan’s everywhere as the season wore on.

“I was wondering if you could have a dress made for me to wear this evening. Something green or yellow would be fine. Me and Cleon are going to do a little bit of dancing for the gods and goddesses this afternoon. Oh an if you could, have something made for Cleon as well. He’ll like the color blue if you have it. Then maybe an extra set of pants, and a long sleeved shirt for the jungle. He’s often going out there of late.” Faye said quickly, almost stumbling over her words as she tried to get it all out before she lost the nerve.

“That won’t be a problem. I’ve got Naadiya coming by the shop in a bit, and possibly another hand or two to get it done. Just have him swing by so I can get his measurements when he gets the chance.” Dawn said with an easy smile.

“Oh, do you need to measure me as well?” Faye asked.

Dawn pursed her lips, looking Faye over briefly before shaking her head. “No, you look about the same as when I measured you last and if that dress you are wearing is any indication, I think the old measurements will fit you just fine. Still, I’ll give you a chance to try it on when you come back later and we can make any alterations we need to then.” The woman said, and Faye beamed a smile.

“Okay, thank you. I will be sure to let Cleon know to drop by later.” Faye said. “Thank you Dawn! I’ll see you later.” An with that she was off, and headed towards the beach. She remembered it well enough from her tour with James earlier in the season, the one with the swings that James had mentioned they could go relax on if they found a mind to. Faye didn’t think that was what her brother had in mind today, as he was preoccupied with other ideas. He had mentioned going through the dovecote later though which particularly interested her.

However when he brought up the matter that morning, she couldn’t have been more excited although she tried and failed to disguise it. At least it didn’t change her brother’s mind about taking her, although the fact that he was more than usually distracted this morning helped. In fact, he still had that distracted look on his face when she came up on the swing beach to find him loitering outside studying the silvery chain on his wrist until he looked up at her approach.

“We still going to the outpost?” Faye asked hesitantly, a tremulous smile playing across her lips until it quickly solidified at his muted affirmation.

WC - 676
Last edited by Faye on April 28th, 2022, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faye
Player

Words: 82075
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2022, 3:47 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Oh, the colors that blind

Postby Cleon on April 28th, 2022, 4:14 pm

Cleon nodded. He recalled briefly mentioning that to her earlier. Anything they couldn’t find on the beach they could probably find at the outpost. They really wouldn’t need a lot to accomplish what he was after. Along with packing the food and supplies they would need for their little day trip, he had also brought along the book he had borrowed from Matthias. Not that he expected that he would have much time to read it, but when it came time to start making their offerings, it would be a handy reference guide.

Aside from his backpack, he was wearing the washed out clothes he had come to Syka with, holes and all as he didn’t plan on venturing into the jungle today. It almost made him feel out of place standing next to his sister who was wearing a cream colored skirt, and purple top she had borrowed from Oralie. He rarely ever saw her in her old clothes these days, mostly because they didn’t fit her for ten days out of every fifteen.

“Whatever we can’t scavenge here of the beach we’ll find at the outpost later. Just remember to keep an eye out for limbs, sticks, shells, pieces of driftwood, large flat rocks, anything we can use to pretty up an altar. I think we’ll dedicate the first one to Laviku then we can move on down my list. It might be a good idea to collect things that each god or goddess would like, though I’ll admit, I don’t have a lot of information in that regard, just what the book tells me.” Cleon said with a shrug as he started walking down the beach, looking sidelong briefly to make sure his sister Faye was following him.

As they paced along the beach, he kept his eyes towards where the water met the beach, creating little pools here and there as they crossed in front of the Tidepool bar. Leaving his sister behind to continue scanning the beach, he stepped out into the water towards one of the pools, although he was a bit cautious about going deeper than his upper calf. He recalled Randal’s warning earlier in the season about how dangerous the water could be during this time, but he wanted to get a good look into one of the pools to see if there was anything he might want to include in Laviku’s altar.

Because the tide was on its way out, the rocks around each of the pools were slightly exposed while within the shallow bowls life continued to flourish. Stepping onto one of these bare stretches of stones, Cleon made sure he was well balanced before peering into the pool. Inside he could see several barnacles clinging to the rocks, a bright yellow star starfish, a small crab scrambling away from him and over the lip of rock. It was a lot more vibrant and active than he would have expected, though he suppose that explained why he’d seen quite a few birds often hanging out around these pools. Just now, in a pool not far from him there was a cluster of seagulls picking at a pool while arguing with one another about who gets what and pecking each other when that didn’t work.

Taking another look into the pool, amidst the colorful blue-green and red algae, he spied a few pieces of broken shell that caught his eye because of the opalescent interior. Gathering a few of these broken pieces into his palm, he gave the pool one more longing look before he started back down the way he had come. Pocketing the collection he rejoined Faye on further down the beach, surprised to see she was busy talking with someone.

WC - 622
Cleon
Player

Words: 492860
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2022, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on April 30th, 2022, 10:41 pm

52 Spring 522

For most of his life, Crylon had lived in a building. Sometimes it was a grand building, sometimes not. Sometimes it was an inn, or a rented place. He had stayed in dry caves, wet beaches, floating buildings in Ravok, and what passed as a building in Sunberth... But he had not spent much of living and sleeping outside of a building. At the moment since coming to Syka he was living in a tent. Though, admittedly, it was not a normal tent but a somewhat magical tent that seemed quite well suited for Syka. It was made in such a way that it normally had quite good air flow, keeping it a bit cooler, while reflecting some of the sun as well... It also had odd netting that kept out bugs and such, and seemed more or less rain proof or rain prepared for a tent. The bedding inside was also quite comfortable and cool as well rather than suffocating or overbearing like some thicker bedding.

At the moment he was staying on the beach, or sort of just off it, in a spot near the commons, out of the way of anyone coming by but not so far off to be away from things. While he had moved a bit over the course of his stay he had stayed in the same general area. There he planned to continue living until he found a suitable spot to build a proper residence and had the suitable skills to do so as well. Skills and knowledge, since there was quite a bit to learn about Syka and its needs. Just staying in a tent such as this was teaching him some things about what a home in Syka needed.

Rising out of his abode Crylon stretched and looked around, before pulling out his pack he kept on him most of the time. Short of a few large objects like some large trunks he had most of what he owned was able to fit in the odd magical pack, regardless of size. Though mainly he used it to keep money and some odds and ends, it was quite convenient.

Turning to exit he nearly ran into someone walking nearby on the beach, a human girl or woman. As he did his curse kicked in, and without thinking he ended up moving to hug the person. Of course by now after the tendays most people knew of his curse, and seeing as he was one of the few and nearly only Isur in Syka it would likely be obvious why he did so.

Still he tried to apologize and explain what had happened to be on the safe side.

“Ah, apologies. Is effect, makes hug.”

If he did end up hugging the human he would not do so for too long, ending the embrace once the curse allowed him to. Of course, if he managed to get his arms around them the chances of breaking the embrace early was not too likely, what with his strong Isurian arms and even stronger grip.

WC: 510
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Faye on May 1st, 2022, 1:38 am

Faye hadn’t heard the man approach. Not at first. She had been too preoccupied looking over a couple of pretty shells she had found on the beach. The largest one was almost as big as her hand, and a bright orange that striated into lighter shades near the top. It was just the sort of thing her brother was looking for when- Faye looked over to see a man that was about a foot shorter than her walk up with an apology before wrapping his broad arms around her.

Belatedly she remembered his name, Crylon wasn’t it as she tried to return the hug politely but found it difficult to do so with the way he held her with her arms pinned to her sides. “Umm.. Yeah that’s okay. Crylon right? I’ve seen you a few times. I-” She really didn’t know what to say to this. Knowing it was a curse, and understanding emotionally it was a curse were two different things so she was distinctly unsettled when Crylon released her, taking a brief step back as she smiled apologetically.

“Sorry, I’m just not used to being touched. You’re arm! Oh-” Faye bit her bottom lip to keep from saying anymore as her brother stormed up the beach, and she moved between Cleon and Crylon. “No, its alright. This is Crylon remember. The one with the hugging curse.” She said, doing her best to explain things rapidly as she placed a hand on her brother’s chest, gently pushing him backwards as she watched his nostrils briefly flare.

Reaching down she unballed his hand to slip her fingers through his before turning back towards Crylon while doubling down on her apologetic smile.

“These curses, right?” She said, trying to inject some levity into her voice as she swung Cleon’s hand back and forth while Crylon came forward to hug Cleon. “So you’re in that tent over there. I hope I didn’t disturb you, we are just out scavenging the beach this morning.”

Cleon squeezed her hand tightly but she went on ignoring the signal. “Actually you might be able to help us. We’re going to be building a few shrines to various gods and goddesses to try and get a little help with these curses, and since you’ve been living on this beach I was wondering if maybe.. Well have you noticed anywhere in particular where stuff seems to wash up often?” Faye asked, and started fidgeting with her foot, drawing a little circle in the sand with the tip of her sandal.

Grinning, she’d hastily add after giving Cylon a moment to speak, “Do you have any gods or goddesses you worship that you would like us to build a shrine for?” Faye asked in a bright tone, then looked sidelong at her brother briefly before letting his hand go.

“Cleon has been working on his carving, and I know a bit about sewing. I figure if we can get a few more people involved we could get something really nice up for each of them y’know?”

WC - 508
Faye
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Cleon on May 1st, 2022, 1:39 am

Cleon’s first thoughts when he saw the man on the beach hugging Faye were not good ones. He was practically bristling when he walked up on them till he noticed who it was as Faye intercepted him. There were only two people he knew with an arm like that, and this man was certainly not Ialari. The only thing similar about them was that they had the same arm, and bluish skin that Cleon had initially mistaken for part of Ialari’s curse. Now that he had come to the understanding that it was something typical of their race he was a little more openly curious. At least after he got over the initial irritation at having seen Crylon with his arms around his little sister.

An just like his little sister, Cleon froze as the Isur approached him, pulling him into an awkward hug while Faye squeezed his hand. Grimacing, Cleon kept his mouth shut until Crylon stopped hugging him, and backed away a pace or two.

“Well that is certainly not how I thought our first meeting would go. I think I got your curse mixed up with Ialari’s. I thought yours just made you want to hug people, although I can see now that it is most certainly not the case.” Cleon explained because while Crylon had been hugging him he had reached out to the charm dangling off of his wrist, the one with the shape of a head with a spiral crown stamped out in silver. He reached to it, and adjusted his focus to be solely on Crylon at a subtle urging from the charm. At once he was flooded with a voice in his head that was not that of his own thoughts, and confused he tilted his head slightly as he studied Crylon.

He didn’t have much experience with the charms. Petch, he’d learned about the cross affect last night and this one seemed to confer some sort of enhanced intuition. So for the few chimes it lasted, Cleon remained quite because he didn’t think he could quite manage to form a coherent sentence while this second stream of conscious thought that was coursing through his mind.

When it was finished, Cleon came back to the conversation rather slowly picking up where they had left it off about the shrines. Recalling something Ialari had said while he was still trying to filter out what had just happened, Cleon cleared his throat before speaking.

“Your arm lets you carve into materials like wood and stone right? With your fingers I mean? Perhaps you wouldn’t mind helping us shape some drift wood for the shrine, or putting one together. We could use the extra hands, although if you have something better to do I understand.” Cleon said, examining his arm carefully as he wondered if he knew the same magic that Ialari did.

When Crylon said something to the effect of whether he did or did not want to join them, Cleon would turn slightly towards his sister to whisper, “If you want to go check on our clothes, I can take care of things from here. We can meet back up at the Inn a few bells from now before we go to the outpost.” Then turning back towards Crylon, he put on a smile.

“So what’s it like living on the beach?”

WC - 559
Cleon
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on May 1st, 2022, 2:19 pm

In truth, Crylon had trouble telling various humans apart. Most looked quite similar, and though he was good with names the common human features he saw so often sort of... Mixed together. And so he had no idea the person he was hugging was a child in a adults body. Based on appearance and size which was larger than his own he assumed it was just another adult, and so was a bit confused by the reaction to his hug. He had apologized, his curse was known, and he had explained things. It was not something he could help, so he was a bit puzzled over how the person rushing over to them reacted.

Crylon's thoughts for his part were sharp, they did not meander or wander. He got to the point, moved from topic to topic while considering each in rapid order, but with such a depth of thought it might be confusing to some hearing it. Like going from watching a donkey slowly plod along, to seeing a horse galloping by. But once he was done with something it was forgotten and behind him and he moved on to the next thing.

Overall his thoughts and being was one of calmness, he was over sixty years old which while for a human would be old was still quite young for an Isur, appearing as someone in his thirties, but his age and depth of life experience had brought about a calmness that a younger person might not have. While he thoughts were fast and intense, somehow it was without rushing or worrying overly much, almost like this was simply his normal pace rather than him rushing by nature of his speed.

Having hugged and apologized Crylon passed on even if the others did not, not dwelling on the somewhat odd and embarrassing thing, taking it as he did with most things- in stride.

Nodding Crylon smiled, meeting the girls eyes. To him most humans were so young it was almost like they were children, which made him find it a bit funny how often they focused on their age and were concerned about being seen as older.

“Yes, am Crylon.”

After that was confusion as he looked down at his arm, trying to work out what she had meant. His arm? Was there something odd about it? No, inspecting it closely, it looked the same as always. It was different from a human arm since it was blessed by his God Izurdin, but other than that it was normal enough... Was it just the oddness of his arm, or was there some other issue? He was also further confused by her reaction to the man running up, both seeming to be quite emotional which further confused the Isur. Since he ended up hugging the other man as well shortly after she explained about it since he drew near to him he did not feel the need to apologize again, feeling it was clear enough why it had happened.

At the comment on the curses Crylon nodded along, but thinking to himself he did not quite agree. Some clearly seemed much worse than others, and while his was a bit annoying at times it was not that bad. Being forced to awkwardly hug people was not nearly as bad as seeing things, having ones body shift, or other such affects. For that matter he did not think he had much to complain about seeing as by comparison his own was so mild. Thinking on it he was less concerned about his own particular curse, and more concerned about helping the others rid themselves of them if he could... Though it would still be nice to get rid of his own as well, just not before some of the other more serious ones... At least if there ended up being an order to things. Though honestly he could not recall the last time he had hugged someone before the curse... Had he actually ever hugged a human willingly? He could not think of a time he had.

“No is fine, just rising. So not waken. Was just leaving, when... Encounter.”

While he was better at understanding the common tongue he still had trouble with more rapid speech or people speaking at once, and he also had trouble figuring out the exact way to order and place his words just right. He always felt like he was leaving something out, but he did well enough he felt to make himself clear. Even if he had to talk slow and pause at times.

When the man spoke about Ialari and the curses she and Crylon held, the Isur became quite confused which was quite visible due to his pronounced brow ridge which a human lacked. He tried to repeat it a few times in his head, but could not make heads or tails of what the man was saying. Was it a communication issue? Or was he joking? Jokes often did not translate well, particularly if it was a play on words, and so he found himself unsure what the man was saying and tried to say as much.

“A... Uh... What? Am not sure understand. My curse, is just hug. Not else. Am not sure of... Meaning. Could explain?”

As the conversation moved on to building things however his interest returned, and Crylon tried to think more critically about what was being said and what he might be able to do. Honestly though, he knew, he still did not know too much about wild resources around here or patterns of driftwood arrival, and while he could do some work freehand thanks to his blessed limb, he would not generally do that on a temple seeing as it would not end up looking pretty. For that he would need actual tools to work and finish something, or else the wood or stone would end up looking more like a clay sculpture not too well formed even if ti was made out of another harder substance.

“Apologies, not know much about wood of the drifting kind. Seen, but not sure on... Where wash on.”

At the mention of divine he worshipped Crylon smiled, nodding along in response. He of course did, some more than others.

“Yes, as all isur am son of Izurdin, so worship him. But his temple, more place of doing, than place to just look at. Purpose, function, come before... Aesthetics. So place like forge, or workshop, more place of temple for Izurdin.”

Thinking on this further Crylon tried to recall who else he might know and worship, and as he did a pair of divine came to mind.

“Also know of Lady Priskil, but not know much about her temples. Oh, and bit of Laviku, have odd friend who talks about lot. But he is sleeping in pack right now.”

Thinking on this Crylon recalled the tiny statue that slumbered in his pack, waiting to be awakened by a prayer to Laviku. That man/statue always seemed to be trying to talk about Laviku, that or trying to get Crylon to build a boat. Seeing as Crylon was not big on the sea, that was not exactly tops on his to do list, though he did have an interest in the practical side of boat building and repair.

“I can smith, also build things. And design. Know Architecture. And bit about other build things. Work wood, stone, like. Though better work in design, than make building. ”

As the man reentered the conversation Crylon considered his words, but before long ended up shaking his head.

“Yes, can work stone, wood, bit, with just arm, hand, fingers. But for temple, not good. Need tools, if want do well, look good. Work hand lone, end up... Rough... Not fitting, for temple. Have tools though, some, if need. Better use tools, than just by hand. If looking build type thing, not mind help. Though not made temple afore.”

Changing topics once more the man seemed eager to shift from one thing to another, asking now about Crylon living on the beach. Once more the Isur ended up shrugging, not sure much on what to say.

“Is fine. Eventually... Want home. But... Now, is fine do, till design, make one. Not in rush.”

WC: 1379
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Faye on May 2nd, 2022, 9:34 pm

Faye smiled, tilting her head to the side. Crylon sure had a funny way of speaking. It reminded her of the way some people spoke during their trip over here when common wasn’t their first language. She could understand what he said after a fashion, but the way he formed his sentences was hard not to notice. Still, she supposed common was his second tongue, which means he knew at least two languages which was impressive. For most of her life she had grown up only hearing common so shortly after she had heard her first foreign language she decided that wherever they ended up she was going to learn a new language. An maybe Crylon could help her with that, but they were a long way from asking that just now.

“I’m Faye by the way. We came in with the Veronica at the start of the season. My curse is that I age several years everyday and Cleon’s makes him extremely compulsive.” Faye explained blithely, trying not to look at her brother directly as she explained that last bit to Crylon. She was pretty happy to learn that he was a craftsman though if she had more time to look him over before their abrupt meeting she could have guessed as much. Or maybe not.. He certainly had the build for one muscle wise but his height and odd appearance gave her second thoughts.

“Oh we’re not looking to build a temple or anything like that.” Faye started to blurt, then remembering herself she slowed herself down and tried too explain it plainly for him. “Well we were thinking of something much smaller, and portable. Maybe like a box?” Faye suggested, outlining a rough square shape with her hands before continuing. “That way we can move them where needed, and keep them out of rough weather. So like for I-Z-U-R-D-I-N we could put one next to the kiln or forge when someone’s working there.” She explained, sounding out each individual letter of the god’s name slowly so that she didn’t mispronounce it in front of Crylon.

“The driftwood is just for figurines, or bowls, stuff like that. We were thinking that we could get the wood for the boxes from Lars. What do you think about that?” Faye asked. She stiffened slightly as Cleon whispered to her, and her expression soured somewhat as she slowly nodded, rolling her eyes slightly before she turned to look at Crylon fully. “I’m sorry I have to go pick up some clothes, but it was nice meeting you Crylon. I hope I can see you again real soon.” Faye said, giving Crylon a small wave before walking up the beach. Slowly, Crylon and Cleon dwindled out of sight as Faye sighed frustrated.

It was just like her brother to kick her out of meeting someone knew but she would show him by going to the outpost on her own. Yes, that sounded like a fine decision, and besides Naadiya probably needed more time to get their clothes ready for tonight. That was plenty of enough time to do a little exploring.

WC - 525
Last edited by Faye on May 2nd, 2022, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faye
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Cleon on May 2nd, 2022, 9:39 pm

Crylon’s consciousness wasn’t what he had been expecting, and he certainly hadn’t expected the stream of thoughts that had come along with the link. They came on in a rapid stream, a veritable flood of information that left him feeling a little unbalanced when all was said and done. Still feeling traces of Crylon’s thoughts, Cleon smiled slightly as his brow crinkled in confusion. Whatever he had just done with that charm of his, it had left him feeling more than a little odd standing there listing to him.

“Uh, I was just saying that well I thought the hugging thing was all in your head, not like, well not like Uta’s or Faye’s for that matter where it happens out of your control.” Cleon shrugged, not quite sure if he explained it properly for Crylon. He was not used to talking to people who didn’t speak common as a first language as he had mostly avoided such people on their travel over here. It had taken quite a while for him to shake off those old feelings that he had brought with him from Sunberth, but oddly enough, the farther he had gotten from that place, the easier it had been to let go of some of the old prejudices which didn’t seem natural. He’d witnessed it first had with Faye who opened up more the longer their journey progressed.

Cleon’s attention perked up at the mention of Laviku, and Crylon’s odd mention of where this friend was. Thinking it must be a mistranslation, Cleon said. “This friend of yours, is he staying nearby. Maybe he would like to help. At the very least, it would be interesting to meet someone else with the same mark.” He said, rolling up his shirt to reveal the gnosis mark that strayed up his hip, crawling towards his lower belly. Where the trousers touched it, the waters swirled like they were lapping again the edge of a platform. Putting his shirt down, he listened as Faye said her peace and Crylon had the chance to respond as he didn’t want to crowd the isur after just having been in his thoughts.

While he felt uncomfortable about Faye telling him about their curses, he didn’t mind so much her telling him about the rest of their plan as he would have done so anyways when given the chance. He was not such a fool as to think that they wouldn’t need help to get this done before the end of the season, and with these curses being so debilitating for some, it was best they got something done as soon as possible.

“I was thinking of something like an ornamental case dedicated to each of the gods and goddesses. Inside the case we can put whatever we think they may like, and then we can put them around Syka in places where people can easily visit them to pay their respects. Maybe we can put a candle in each one as well to make them easier to spot at night. I don’t know, its a work in progress.” Cleon said, shrugging his shoulders slightly as he looked down to see what Faye had left in his hand before walking up the beach. Putting the shell in his pocket to go with the broken pieces he had already gathered, Cleon did his best not to look at his sister who was getting smaller and smaller out of the corner of his eye. He knew that she would be mad, but he felt it was for her good. At least until he managed to get to know this stranger first.

“We’re thinking of trying to get a place next season after I get a little more acquainted with my job. If you’d like to help put these boxes together though, I won’t say no to the help. After I finish combing this beach for materials I plan on seeing about getting some wood to put them together with then seeing about where we want to have their places. If there is something you’ve got to do first though, maybe I can help? I don’t expect any handouts and I’m willing to work hard for the help.”

WC - 701
Cleon
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on May 7th, 2022, 1:12 am

Smiling and waving Crylon responded to the woman as she explained her name. Since he had already told his name he assumed that was just her responding in kind, but he still did his best to pay attention and recall what she said.

Faye... This particular human... Which, he had to admit, looked a lot like a lot of other humans he had met... However hearing their particular curses they had been afflicted with Crylon remembered his earlier thoughts about not having much to complain about comparing to others. Such as there's which caused them to age over and over and a quickened rate, and which caused them to loose their inhibitions altogether. While he felt his own was more similar to the second one, it was not quite the same since he had no desire inherently to hug random people, but was compelled to do so...

Keeping a still face Crylon did not visibly react to the explanation about the curses other than nodding, while inwardly he thought and considered them though without specifically judging. They had no chosen their affliction after all, just as he had not.

He was a bit saddened to hear that they were not actually planning to make a building, but more of a... Worship box? Or case? Or something like that. While building in general was interesting, he tended to have more interest in buildings he could soak into for awhile compared to smaller items or things. The idea though seemed a bit foreign to Crylon, since to him a temple was a place of worship and function, not just a place to exist so that it... Well existed. Of course being an Isur their particular method of worship was quite different from most others, and so it did not occur to him what was meant as well as was intended.

Did humans then need a specific place to pray or worship? He knew of temples in other cities, but he assumed something specific was done there so was unsure how this would compare.

As he was thinking over the woman's words some more however her sibling seemed to interrupt and the woman excused herself.

“Yes, is nice meet you Faye, hope see again and... Do well.”

As she went to leave Crylon waved and once she had headed off turned to the man who had remained.

When the man went on to explain what he meant when he confused Crylon earlier the Isur tried to listen, but still found himself confused. After all the human had basically said one thing he had thought, which was true, but was then saying he had learned it was not true... But, clearly it was true. So he was once more confused and did not have anything cleared up by his words.

“In... Head? Like... Imagine hugging? Not sure mean. But no, does make hug, not just... In head... Not sure... Follow what meaning.”

When the man took an intense interest in Crylon's friend who worshipped Laviku, and in truth was marked by him, Crylon realized the confusion. Reaching around into his pack and concentrating he focused on the small statue and pulled it out from his pack after a few moments. As he did he held out the statue in front of him to show it to the man, which was a small blessed statue currently innert but once prayed over it would awaken and come to life for a time. It was also marked by Laviku, so perhaps Cleon would feel this connection in common.

“No, is friend here. Though is sleeping now. Give moment, and will waken. His name go by, Tide.”

Closing his eyes and concentrating Crylon went through a quick prayer to Laviku, sub vocalizing in his head without actually saying anything out loud.

Oh Lavilku... Thank you for my safe passage across your waters so recently. Thank you for guiding my ship safely to port, for the good weather, fast travel, and high spirits of the crew. I ask for your continued blessings of the sea, and that if you have need of me and i can aid you to just let me know.

Until the prayer was done it would look like a normal stone statue, but as Crylon finished it would suddenly animate, becoming more lifelike. In fact so lifelike that it looked like the statue was actually wet, and it soon began to move. Stretching his arms and letting out a yawn Tide looked around, before noticing Crylon and the other man. When he did speak it was in a grand voice full of confidence. "Ah hello, greeting, my fellow brother of the sea. I am Tideon Wavemoon, but you can just call me Tide. "

While the newly awakened Tide looked alive and soon began moving across the sand in truth it was still made of stone. Though by looking at him it would be hard to tell.

Once Tide finished introducing himself Crylon continued on with the conversation as if such things were totally normal, and went on with what had been being said before.

“I think understand what want make... Though not really... Understand why. But... If want help, can help. Not mind.”

Tide, having missed part of the explanation, seemed to suddenly grow excited after hearing about building things. "Ooh, Crylon, are you finally going to build that fishing boat I told you about? What greater way to show ones faith to Laviku than to build and sail a vessel and to partake of his bounty!"

WC: 922
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Cleon on May 8th, 2022, 3:55 am

“Nevermind, It wasn’t that important anyways” Cleon said, growing a bit frustrated with the language barrier. It brought him back to their trip across the coast of the Suvan, and all of the strange accents he had to deal with while negotiating their passage. There had been more than enough misunderstandings due to broken common on that journey to last him at least two cycles. However it seemed to him that it was simply something that couldn’t be helped after venturing so far from the only home he had ever known.

Besides, the conversation was quickly moving towards something far more intriguing. A person named Tide that Crylon apparently carried with him. Watching as he produced the remarkably detailed statue, Cleon was still as Crylon appeared to be concentrating over it before setting the figure down upon the sand. Then before his very eyes he observed something he wouldn’t have believed if you told him a season ago. It twitched to life becoming slowly more realistic with every passing moment as he watched the small figure stretch out before addressing him.

The effect when the figure was fully animated was almost instantaneous, as Cleon knew as well as looking at any Svefra that this statue was indeed marked by Laviku surprisingly enough.

“Hello there Tide. A pleasure to meet you. I do not believe I have met one of your kind before but I am glad I have now.” Cleon said with a slight dip of his head towards the figure before turning back towards Crylon who was speaking. Before he could chip in though, the figure on the ground spoke up again and Cleon had a bit of a mirthful smile at that.

“Actually that’s not a bad idea for Laviku, although I don’t know anything about building a boat. Do you Crylon?” Cleon would ask, allowing the Isur to briefly respond before he continued. “Anyways it can wait because I figure its better to get the easier parts done now. A boat in the future though that Skyan’s can use to fish off of though could be just the thing. Randal makes paddle boats, I could ask him to commission something specially dedicated to Laviku that the community could use.”

Cleon realized that he’d been carrying a conversation with Tide moreso than Crylon and had the presence of mind to look abashed before he adjusted to address Crylon specifically.

“I don’t suppose you have the wood on hand, do you? If not, that’s fine. I expect we can get what we need from Lars, and on our way over we can forage or salvage anything useful we find along the beach. Do you need to bring any tools, or should we wait till we get back with the wood.” Cleon would ask.

Depending on what the man counseled, Cleon would more or less go along with it, accompanying him wherever he needed to go before they got underway. Once they were traveling along the beach, he felt a little more comfortable as he stayed close to the water looking all about as he tried to pick out anything useful that might have washed up with the incoming tide. To that end there was not much to find at first. A few odd pieces of flimsy wood to thin to be of any use, a lot of sea weed, a couple of those strange jelly sack creatures Ialari had called jellyfish, and finally what looked to be the bottom half of a toppled palm tree. At least until he got close enough see it was actually a whole palm with half hidden underneath the edge of the sea.

While he was thinking about if they could actually use any of it, he spotted a much more manageable piece of driftwood not far off, and leapt over the palm to get to it. It took both hands to hold and was half as tall as he was stood up on its end. Turning around he decided to show it to Crylon to see what he thought about it before deciding whether to toss it away or not. Of course part of him was curious to see if Crylon could do any of the strange things with the stick that he had seen Ialari do, but he didn’t know the man well enough to ask those sort of questions just yet.

An unfortunately, or fortunately depending on the way he looked at it, he didn’t spot anything particularly interesting the rest of the way they took to the lumbermill, although he did his best to keep an eye out. When they eventually arrived, Cleon would turn to Crylon, making a roughly rectangular shape with his hands that was about the size of his torso in height and thickness. “How much wood do you think we will need in order to make several boxes of this size.” He said, trying to remember to speak slowly and pronounce his words correctly as he asked his question.

WC - 833
Cleon
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Next