Closed A Redone Reunion[Alric]

Moritz and Alric meet again among the outpost...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

A Redone Reunion[Alric]

Postby Moritz Craven on November 5th, 2022, 5:24 pm

59 Fall 522

Stepping into the Outpost once more, Moritz looked around once he was clear of the dovecote. It had taken him a bit to find the entrance in Sunberth, but seeing as it was a well known spot it had not been too hard to get directions. In fact the barmaid at his workplace, while being a bit overly chatty and a bit prone to embellishing details, had easily been able to give him directions.

Just going through that step, thereby leaving Sunberth, was enough to calm Moritz a bit. It was not something he had been entirely aware of until the feeling had left him, but being in the city he almost constantly felt on edge. Or more so, he was on guard, but the amount of being on guard varied. At work he felt relatively safe, or really anywhere within the Drunken Fish. But stepping out of the building and onto Sunberth's streets he amped up his caution and guard to twelve... On a scale of one to ten, that was pretty extreme even in Moritz mind. And yet he could not help it, and was not entirely sure it was overkill. Not when being under guarded could result in a blade in his gut all too easily.

As such walking about town he was constantly vigilant to those around him. Watching for anyone pulling out a blade or weapon, anyone coming near him or about to touch or strike him... It was tiring to the Kelvic who had never before lived in a truly unsafe place, and was a whole new set of mental muscles he was having to train.

It had only been a few days since he had arrived in Sunberth, but he was hoping to talk to Alric now and get any additional advice he had not before. Other people he had talked to had given him some advice, but had pretty much all been... Basic, to say the least. Alric having lived there for awhile, though now gone, was he hoped a source of good information with a bit more meat to it.

Bringing him there had been simple enough, and something he had done shortly after arriving in Sunberth. All he had to do was pop into the Outpost, leave a note for someone in Syka to bring back after a visit to the Outpost, and note on said note a date, time, and place, and that Moritz was requesting to meet Alric then. Now that it was the appointed date and around the appointed time, around tenth bell in the morning, Moritz had arrived and headed to the same restaurant where they had met before.

As usual he was wearing his one piece button up suit, some sandals, a pack with a few items on his back, and a decoy coinpurse on his person with less than fifty gold mizas in it. Enough for small transactions, but nothing more. But enough for most any jaunt into Sunberth. His real money was kept inside of a storage item on his wrist, a certain charm that could hold items though only to a limited amount of space. Inside of that was a odd coinpurse he had acquired later on, which as far as he could tell could hold as any Mizas as he could find to stuff in it. That was where most of his money could be found.

After greeting the guy who handed out maps Moritz quickly headed to the restaurant to wait for Alric, making it there a quarter bell before the appointed time. There he waited to order, seeing what Alric would want to do.

WC: 605
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

A Redone Reunion[Alric]

Postby Alric Lysane on November 6th, 2022, 7:57 pm

Alric hadn’t been expecting to get a letter from Moritz, much less one saying that he wanted to meet in the Outpost. Why the kelvic hadn’t just come to talk to him wasn’t apparent until he had asked around and discovered that, whilst he had been isolating himself and trying to deal with his own problems, Moritz had decided to take a journey to Sunberth. When he had found out he could’ve smacked the Okomo for even thinking to do so, much less actually doing it. However, given that it had already happened there was little he could do but sigh and wonder what possessed the man to do so. Sunberth was a terrible place by comparison to Syka, and for someone like himself – both magical and exotic – it was dangerous to say the least.

Still, he used the opportunity to rise early and head to the library at the Outpost. He was still searching for all of the mystery of the Monolith and he had yet to give up hope that his searching there would turn something up that was useful. As it was, he had spent a good two bells looking and the most interesting thing he had discovered had been a treatise upon the types of dung and their varying impacts upon different soil types. It had been so morbidly curious in its uniqueness that he had actually read a decent portion of it. It had both sated his curiosity and put the death any future desires to know anything similar in the future. He had ended up slumped over one of the heavy tables and had been awoken by an attendant.

“At least my luck can’t get any worse” he muttered to himself as he made his way through the streets, weaving through the usual crowds, towards the meeting place. He wasn’t as early as he had hoped to be, but he wasn’t late either.

Upon arrival his gaze swept the seated patrons and found his friend quick enough, making his way to the table the kelvic was sat at and slipping into the seat opposite. After ordering a drink and some small selection of snacks he leant back into his chair and looked upon his friend. He wasn’t sure what he had expected but what he found was that, on the surface at least, Moritz hadn’t changed a bit. He wasn’t sure if that was a god thing or bad, but it was nice to know that there were some constants at least. He didn’t immediately light his pipe, remembering how the smell tended to offend his nose. Instead he waited for the drink and took a sip to loosen his throat before he spoke.

“You wanted to meet?” he asked, wondering if there was something specific, he wanted to talk about or he just wanted to see someone familiar, “why are you in Sunberth? It’s a terrible place. I should know, I lived there for years! Did you not hear me when I described it?”

“You haven’t been captured have you? Not on the run or anything?”

Words - 513
~ Thanks to Gossamer/Shiress for post Boxcodes ~
Alric Lysane
Carry On My Wayward Son

Words: 1010203
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2021, 5:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

A Redone Reunion[Alric]

Postby Moritz Craven on November 6th, 2022, 11:10 pm

Moritz was sitting quietly and waiting, when Alric finally arrived. He was not sure what exactly he was hoping for, but he expected if nothing else Alric knew more about the city than him. Which meant he was a good source, if the need arose and Alric was willing. That being said, Moritz did not completely trust the man, but then there were few people he completely trusted. Even his mother was not among that list...

Thinking on the subject of who he did trust, he realized that oddly enough most of the people he did trust were people he had fought or sparred with. Which made Moritz wonder for a moment why that was. Did he trust people because he fought with them? Or did he fight with them because he trusted them... Or maybe even he fought with them because they were someone he might trust. He was not sure if any of those was the reason, but he did still find it odd. Regardless Alric was someone Moritz trusted more than most, and did not think he would steer him overly wrong.

When he arrived Moritz greeted him, but then waited a bit. He recalled from meeting prior that the man was not one to rush things, and did not launch into talking until he had a drink. Moritz did not really get the appeal, but then he also did not get smoking either, but if nothing else he had taken in an alcoholic drink or two in the past. Of the two he preferred drinking, since he did not openly hate even the presence of one near him, while the other he could ignore or put up with.

Finally speaking Alric still seemed to be in no rush, though when he mentioned Sunberth he tried to recall if he had mentioned the place in his note... Or no, he had told quite a few people in Syka, so that was as likely a source as anything else.

"Yeah I wanted to meet, to hopefully get some advice, or whatever aid you think would help. As for why I am in Sunberth, well its kind of both a short and long story... Ah but no, I have not been captured. I did run into some slavers on the way to Sunberth, but I never got captured. Only killed a few times, but luckily it didn't stick, not even the losing a hand luckily. That would not have been good... I also killed a few of them, some more than once... That was an odd day... Days... Whatever you call it. Honestly I still don't entirely get what happened..."

Moritz, speaking in his normal offhand and deadpan mannerism spoke as if nothing he said was odd, even though it clearly was, losing his train of thought as the two spoke. Still it had been an odd circumstance, and he had run into some slavers for the first time then. And then again. And again... Finally gaining some traction in his head Moritz remembered something and hid his hands, focusing one over a charm on his wrist. With a thought he pulled out the letter stored within, bringing it back up above the table so it was visible.

"Ah, this might explain things. Well assuming you can read it, honestly the writing is horrid. But from what I could read, well hopefully this letter will explain things. Possibly... Assuming the entire thing isn't a fabrication, but then that's an entirely other problem isn't it... Even still, seemed like I needed to go there. Might make more sense after you read it."

Holding out the letter for Alric to read Moritz waited, giving the man the chance to try and read it before the he assumed onslaught of questions came in. He was unsure why it happened so often, but often he would just honestly answer a few things and then suddenly the other person would be up in arms and excited and asking twelve more questions. Like his mother, his teachers, the leaders of Lhavit at one point, all had done the same thing at some point or another.

WC: 690
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Redone Reunion[Alric]

Postby Alric Lysane on November 18th, 2022, 12:12 pm

It had been some time since he had sat and talked with the kelvic, so long that somehow the eccentricities of his friend had seemed less eccentric, had smoothed into just the general experience of other people – people were strange things after all, filled with their own motivations and priorities, beliefs and perspectives. Moritz, though, was a force unto himself in that regard. Not only did he have his own views, he was unique in the sense that he had the ability to speak about fantastical things as if they were everyday events, not worth cataloguing beyond the fact that they had happened. It was as Alric was reminded of this by the man that his head tilted sideways and he finished his drink and ordered two more.

Gods I wish that I could still get drunk as easily...bloody Cervisi he mused to himself, still not smoking out of sensitivity to his friend but suspecting he might need to if things continued to become surreal.

“You died a couple of times...but it didn’t stick? And you lost a hand? To slavers?” he repeated what was said as questions, eyes clearly taking in how both hands were present and his confusion at the whole thing, “I’m going to assume this isn’t an elaborate joke from what you’re saying it like...what on mizahar happened? Take it slow, bit by bit. You had...repeated...days...” his voice trailed off and he cursed under his breath.

How many had Cervisi pulled into his little web of time’s repetition? Why had he done so, and what impacts would it all end up having over the long term? Alric doubted you could just mess with time’s flowing and not have consequences. He had already noticed things that were different about himself, mostly around the rhythms of his body – the need for food and sustenance, sleep and various other things. The fact that Moritz had been drawn in also perhaps saddened him, he didn’t want others to suffer as he had. Still, the Okomo had a different perspective on life, not ruffled by much it seemed, and he looked well enough – a fact Alric was thankful for.

Moritz then produced a letter from some kind of charm upon his wrist - another thing they had in common even if the charms were different on their wrists – and passed it to him, suggesting that it might answer some of his questions. With a raised eyebrow Alric read through it, twice to make sure he had understood it all, before laying it flat upon the table between them, giving Moritz a thoughtful look for a time. Alric had never met his family until he had had Lys’ connection to him revealed in the Spring. His memories of his parents were both few and of late tainted with a darkness beyond a certain level of comprehension. Still, he’d like to think that if Serana suddenly sent him a letter he’d have gone off to help where he could – so he understood Mortiz’s motivation. Still, it seemed a strange thing to receive with so little accompanying information.

“Little light on details I’d say,” he observed as he took a sip of one of new drinks, newly brought to their table, “doesn’t give you much to go on. Could be afraid of getting caught if it’s read...could be a ruse. Either way puts you in the belly of the best with little to go on. Only one big money lender in Sunberth though – Goldfinger. Though I’d as soon tell you not to go anywhere near him, he’s a bastard even amongst bastards. And you being who you are, what you are...let’s just say you’d be seen as gold on legs. Not something you want to be in a town of anarchy” he sighed, wondering what was wrong with a normal life so much that destiny seemed to trip them all up to stop them getting it.

“Let’s start from the beginning then, at least your Sunberth beginning. Where are you staying? Is it safe? And what exactly do you know about Sunberth? Are you aware that...exotics...like yourself, are quite valuable to the right people? You haven’t gone and told people you’re a kelvic okomo have you?” he asked, glass pausing in the air before it hit his mouth, suddenly fearful for his friend, knowing his eccentricities.

Words - 722
Alric Lysane
Carry On My Wayward Son

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Redone Reunion[Alric]

Postby Moritz Craven on November 19th, 2022, 1:40 am

Moritz was unsure why, but for some reason he enjoyed talking to Alric. While the human was in some ways untrustworthy, he found himself trusting him. Perhaps it was his somewhat candid nature from the beginning about his dishonesty, which made him trust the man more. Regardless he felt he could trust the man to keep things secret if nothing else, and was not overly worried about telling him things.

This was in stark contrast to some other people he had met and even re met like Caspian, which he minimally trusted but certainly would not be divulging secrets and expecting them to be kept, or otherwise really trusting him with anything of importance...

Another thing he found himself liking, and which he had forgotten since their last meeting, was his skills in asking follow up questions. The man had quite a knack for it, and also seemed in Moritz opinion better able to keep up with his explanations, though the Kelvic was still lost on why others had so much trouble with it. The idea that he was normalizing crazy things did not even occur to him, after all they had happened to him and so surely were possible and therefore normal, or so his logic said.

As Moritz told his tale Alric happily slurped down his drink, quickly ordering more. Apparently, or so Moritz observed, the man was quite thirsty.

Nodding along Moritz looked up as he tried to count things off, holding up fingers one by one as he did while thinking back.

"Yeah, I died... At least twice. Maybe a third time, but I don't know for sure. But I probably died a third time. It was too quick and painless. The other times, I definitely died then. The first time I just kind of went black while walking. The time after that I got an arrow in the side... Then I think I lost my head... Ah but the third time, that was particularly painful. First I took a couple arrows... Uh what was it... Ah yeah, then I lost a hand, defensive wound. And then finally I got my neck opened and bled out. Though by then I was kind of numb. Luckily I jut kept waking up to it being the same morning each time. As well as some of the times I just went to sleep at the end."

This time Moritz spoke it was in spurts as he tried to recall details, some seeming almost a bit jovial as he almost happily recalled the memories now that they were in the past.

"I don't know. I kind of remember the pain. And I know I lived it. But at the same time... Its not happening now so... Eh..."

Frowning a bit Moritz tried to put things into words, but ended up shrugging. The Kelvic was unsure how he should feel about it all, but in some regards he supposed he could not complain.

"Yeah, I repeated the same day. I kept waking up after sleeping or dying, and it was the same morning. Happened what... Four, maybe five times... One, two... No it was five times. That was the time I found the slaver camp and we raided it while most of them were off duty or were sleeping... "

Once more counting them off on his fingers Moritz tried to recall the days, and how each had gone.

"Yeah I hunted the first time... Then again on the second, but found the leftover slavers... Uh... Then on the third I stayed with the group and we got attacked by the slavers... On the fourth I snuck ahead and attacked the archers as they attacked the group... Then I tracked back their camp.. And then yeah five, on that day we went early and dealt with them before they attacked. So five total of the same day. Although I didn't really work out what was happening until the third time."

Finally done listing the days in simple details Moritz shrugged, looking back at Alric.

"I mean, I guess I can't complain. I don't totally understand it all, but I'm pretty sure I'd be dead if it hadn't happened, so... Kind of worked out it did. Like complaining when someone shoves you, only for a carriage to come trampling through the spot you just left."

Ever a realist and practicalist, Moritz was not fully sure what happened but knew he could not do anything about it and that it had ended positively for him.

"I mean... I've maybe felt a bit... Weird... Since it happened... But I can't really put my finger on in what way... Its like I'm looking at something, and I know something has changed, but I can't put my finger on what was changed. But still, better weird than dead."

Giving the man some time to read his letter Moritz watched silently, wondering on what he would say. In the end he was in no particular rush,and just waited to see what it was.

"I mean, my sister is a Kelvic, and we were both pretty young when I last saw her. I think she was a sort that aged faster than me, a fox, but technically we were the same age... Its hard to say how much she changed after she wandered off or left or whatever. She was just kind of... Gone at one point, not sure where she went. But she was never the most detail oriented person. Not like me, I'm very good at giving the specifics. So I don't see anything that clearly marks it as fake."

Nodding along Moritz agreed with the point about a ruse, but was unsure how to prove it true or not.

"I said as much myself earlier. But I figured, the most likely scenarios is of a few.... One... Its all true, in which case my sister needs help. Two, its a lie, either something she wrote under duress, or to trick money from my mother. Or perhaps even to trick me. Or three, its written by someone other than my sister, but someone who knows enough about my sister to write this letter. I thought it over for a bit, but it did not take me long to figure out I should go look into it. If its true, I need to go and find her, she's my sister. Same for two, I either need to help her, or give her a good thump. And if its three, then someone already knows a lot about me, and is trying to draw me out. Ignoring them isn't really an option, so going there to look into things seems the best idea."

Nodding along to his words Moritz noted the name Goldfinger, someone who apparently was a money lender. Moritz was not surprised he had not heard of him, not having ventured too far into the city yet.

At the question of what he knew of Sunberth, where he was and such, Moritz nodded before responding.

"Honestly, I haven't gotten too far off the docks yet, besides coming here. I ended up taking a room at the Drunken Fish, and working there as a cook while I get my bearings in the city. Its owned and run by uh... Father something or other... Yeah I forgot his name... Anyways, by Sunberth standards he seems decent. At least for paying customers who don't make trouble, people staying in one of his rented rooms, or his workers. And I suppose I'm all three. And besides watching out for someone to try to mug or kill me at all times, and that they don't like magic... I don't know much really... Though I wouldn't mind any info you have to give, or would be willing to. As for the Kelvic thing, well that I am a Kelvic isn't too hard to work out. But I've not mentioned the specific type. And I mean, besides looking colorful, which isn't too hard to explain... I guess I don't look too odd... Well at least during the day... And if they don't look at my horns too close..."

Pausing for a bit Moritz looked up again, before meeting Alric's gaze with a bit of a grin.

"Honestly though, the reason I've sort of been hiding my Kelvic form doesn't have anything to do with that. Didn't even know it all... It was more well... Have you smelled the place? Its even worse in my Kelvic form, so I've been avoiding shifting anywhere near the city. Sounds like that was a bit of a good thing then... I don't think I've even shifted since we left on the boat from Zeltiva... Which honestly is weird, its like trying to get by without using your fingers, even though they are right there. Ah but... Uh... Well... I was actually thinking of visiting Syka for a bit, to stretch so to speak. Assuming I can work this new thing out... If I can, I'll probably visit later this season, if I can get some time off work when I'm not needed. At least for a few days."

WC: 1,520
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Redone Reunion[Alric]

Postby Alric Lysane on November 24th, 2022, 9:23 am

As Moritz spun his tale Alric was both amused and maddened by how easily the kelvic took such events. He knew he had a tendency to just accept how things were, even if he was curious enough to try to work out the why of it, but there was being able to weather life’s general events and walking away from dying several times as if it had never really happened – at least on an emotional level. Alric found himself strangely envious, wishing he had the same ability to merely move on from such trauma without as much as a scratch or scar, metaphorically speaking. Perhaps it was the fact he was a kelvic, he reasoned, and that it gave him a different view on life in general. Certainly, he supposed the man was owed the benefits of his eccentricities, given that they probably had their downsides for him also.

“So, you...tried to puzzle it out as you lived it...by the sounds of it. Sounds very like you,” he said with a sigh, followed by a small smile of amusement, “and you seem to have come through it relatively intact. I had a similar experience, though mine went on for longer...not sure why. Cervisi and a statuette caused it, or at least that’s what the vision on the morning of days carrying on as normal seemed to say. I’m starting to think Syka is too magical for its own good...though you were elsewhere...so perhaps it was more widespread”

He was thoughtful at that, wondering just how many people Cervisi had drawn into his little condition, and where they were. He hadn’t the ability to ask him of course, but there was a certain comfort in knowing he wasn’t the only one to have experienced such things. He wondered if Moritz had noticed anything different since his leaving the death cycle of slavers, as he had, but he felt sure if there was something noticed the kelvic would have said so. He had a tendency to be upfront about such things – something that was admirable in many ways, if not exactly his temporary new home city.

“Mine went on for...oh probably a hundred days or more. Took quite a while to get thrown out of it. Good thing too, given what I was dealing with. It served some purpose at least” he said wryly, looking at Moritz and wondering how much he should share - the okomo had certainly shared many things with him, it seemed fair enough to share in kind, and he knew it would help a little, unburdening himself to someone. He had few others to do so with, given his present circumstance and the circumstances of others.

And so, it came tumbling out, skirting over details that applied to other people but unfolding what had happened to him in the spring with Ionu and Xhyvas, in the room – minus the Sran’tuka portion. He made sure to highlight his personal issues with what had happened – the Krysus visions of alternate lives and the torture and breaking, and the weapon he became to be used against others in many of them, if not all of them. It was that and the emotions surrounding it that he really had concern for of late, especially given the fact that it was something he was presently recollection himself from, and stood in the way of many things for him. He didn’t know what he expected from Moritz, if anything. Perhaps, deep down, it just helped to tell someone who he considered a friend – if a strange friend. Once he was done, he lit his pipe with an apologetic look and puffed away to soothe his nerves, ending with his current worries about the evils he now knew himself capable of, even if it were in alternate lives – they were still him after all.

“There...it felt good to tell someone at least. Though I’d appreciate it if you didn’t pass any of this information on to anyone else. I’m sorry if it was a burden...you have your own at present. Still...thank you for listening at least, most other people tend to be too busy to do so” he sighed, smoke curling around his face as he downed another drink and leaned back into his chair, feeling somewhat unburdened.

“As for change after the Cervisi loop...I know what you mean. That has hit me too. Thankfully Stu helped me get into a sort of...therapeutic meditation in the loop. A way of processing events without being consumed by them. It uses music and breathing rhythm...I suppose it could have dance added too come to think of it. Anyway, that’s beside the point – I feel changed also. I don’t need to sleep as much, alcohol doesn’t get me drunk as fast. I cut myself working the other day and it didn’t even bleed...just a small thing on the finger and they usually go the worst for blood, but nothing. Just sealed itself up within the day. I don’t get hungry often – though when I do, I could eat a horse...it’s strange...there might be more but I don’t know. Something is definitely different physically” he shared, wondering if Moritz would notice similar things within himself.

After these shared revelations Alric listened to Moritz divulge more about his sister, who she was and what she was like. He had clearly thought it through, as he usually did, though he still felt the man had waded into danger from a paradise. Still, he couldn’t fault the logic of wanting to help family – it was an important bond, one which he had defended often with Lys, though he had not known they were related at the time. He nodded at Moritz’s words and looked at the letter once more, wondering how far he would go for those he loved, already knowing the answer having made the journey once before.

“Good...good. And yes, it does smell quite a bit, no proper sewer system just gutters,” he said with a chuckle, “keep it that way. Don’t shift unless you have to. Sounds like you’ve made a little home for yourself, that’s good. Be useful and if they think you’re more useful alive and free than dead or enslaved...well that’s half the trick. And you’re by the docks too...smart for a quick getaway if you have to”

“As for finding your sister...there are ways. The beggars see quite a bit, you can use them – give them coin for information, but only give the coin after you’ve got the information if possible. Wear muted colours, a cloak with a hood perhaps, try to blend in. I mean you’re probably a foot taller than most, but it won’t hurt. Least it’ll keep the rain off of you if nothing else. The Establishment is run by a man named Tua if I recall correct – it's like a job posting place, can get a lot of information there. Could even post a tracking contract for your sister if you had the mind - if you had no other options. The Pig’s Foot is a decent place too – lots of faces pass through there, might get a trail if you’re lucky” he started offering possible avenue for him to follow but after a while the other words caught up with him.

“Wait...what do you mean you’ll be visiting later in the season? It’s at least a season of travel away. Wait...did you go by Wind Eagle?” he asked, remembering his own journey.

Words - 1243
Alric Lysane
Carry On My Wayward Son

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Redone Reunion[Alric]

Postby Moritz Craven on November 24th, 2022, 2:11 pm

Moritz nodded along at Alrics words, finding them true enough.

"More or less, I guess that is true. I kept trying to find a better outcome, and then after the fifth time, honestly I don't think I could have done any better. And after that, it ended. Not sure if that was chance, or because I had lived the best version of the day. Cannot really say. As for Cervisi... I think I saw that as well, but uh... I'm not good with names. Honestly the explanation they gave did not totally make sense eiither. Something about a statue, and weakening... Uh, time, or something? And them being stuck. Or something like that? And using others to break out. Maybe it'll make more sense if I meditate on it... But I did not totally get it all. Ah but yeah I was in the wilds between Syliras and Zeltiva when it happened, so nowhere near Syka. Of course, I've been to Syka before, so maybe the connection was not Syka itself, but a location in Syka? Or maybe having been there, or passed it? And since I had been there, even though when the thing occurred I was elsewhere, it still affected me? Though Evalynn has also been to Syka, and it did not seem to affect her with me so.. Maybe that is not it either..."

While Moritz was studious for a Kelvic some topics still were quite difficult for him, and complex magic and such things were one of them. If he could see it, mess with it, try it, then maybe, but just having a random person explain it after reliving the same day multiple times? Not likely to make much sense to him.

"Eh, maybe there was some other factor to it. Like only people who turned left when they woke up, or had a certain length left big toe, or had said a certain word. Who knows. Its kind of hard to draw similarities. In the end, I think I was not so upset about it happening, and it was kind of useful... So maybe for me that was a factor in being pulled into it? Or maybe there is no connection, and it was random or different for each person. Or some odd quality we just cannot perceive, like some oddity or nuance of our djed that differs us from others. I've seen enough djed to know each is unique, but once you've seen enough also you start to see similarities."

Moritz listened and nodded along as Alric explained, though he was not totally sure he managed to get all of the details of the complicated story. If nothing else he probably got more details than he had when the time repeat had ended, Moritz thought to himself.

At the end Moritz could tell Alric was upset about the thing, but had trouble wording a response. Thinking over it a bit while Alric piped Moritz finally decided on something.

"I mean, it seems like your instance was more complicated than mine. And longer. But I mean... Just because you did something in a certain set of circumstances, does not mean you would do them now. If what you did was wrong, it was wrong, but I think the why of what you did is as important as what you did. I mean in my case... I killed people. Multiple people. Some guys repeatedly. But I did those for a specific reason, because I was in a specific situation. So I don't think what I did was wrong. It needed doing, and so I did it. I guess at the end of the day, the why of what you did is what you should think on not the what, since the what never happened. I mean my twin and me, we were born at the same time, grew up more or less the same, but we ended up totally different. And now she's missing, and possibly captured or owing money or a thief. But she lived out a different et of circumstances since then, because she's not me. Was each of those you who had lived a live different than yours, you? I guess, if that makes any sense, is what I am trying to say. And if the this you, would not... You know, make the same decision in that place, then they aren't you."

Puzzling over his own words at the end Moritz could feel he was losing his grasp on the explanation, Moritz tried to explain his thought as best he could, but without telling Alric what to think. Instead he just tried to help him take a good path on his own thinking.

"But sure, I won't tell anyone, unless I really have to. I can't say I never will, just being realistic. Who knows what might happen in the future. But I'm not gonna bring it up myself or tell it freely. I mean who knows maybe Wysar will show up and say its vital he knows about it, or some thing, I can't really turn down a god I worship and who marked me. Although that's probably pretty unlikely. But just as an example of a time I might need to tell it. But other than some very unlikely thing, I won't tell anyone."

When Alric brought up the changes he had noted after the time with the repeating day, Moritz frowned an tried to consider it. Had he noticed any of those things?

"Ah, now that you mention it... I don't think I've been eating as often of late... And I haven't been sleeping as long... But I don't feel super tired from it. Nor going to the bathroom as often... I guess I didn't really notice what was odd until you pointed it out, other than thinking things were odd. I've also kind of noticed a few times something being... Uh, how do you put it... Wobbly? Like, yeah, like things aren't quite balanced right around me. Though usually when I look closer its already stopped."

Moritz puzzled, a hand on his chin, having trouble explaining what he meant.

At his comment on his home and work Moritz nodded, though canted his head as he thought on it.

"Though honestly, I think I might like to change up my job. The Fish is nice and all, though at some point I would not mind stopping renting. Not sure where would be good to live or buy... Maybe I should go back home for a bit, and ask my old house. If the place I lived in was awake like Infinity, it might not be so bad living in Sunberth... Though not really sure how that happened, maybe Ican ask my mother. Mmm... But also work, I mean cooking is fine, but it does not pay much, and I've been doing it awhile. I would not mind finding a job using other skills. Like maybe someone needs a guard, or something? I'm decent in fighting, and pretty imposing with my size. Though I would want something not outright illegal activity related... Can you think of any places that might fit that bill, for work, or people who would want a legal guard for non illegal tasks?"

When he spoke on finding his sister Moritz listened even more closely, noting to himself each tip. Beggars were a good source of info... Pay after you get the info... Try to blend in, no flashy colors... A hood to hide his hair... A place called the Establishment run by a man named Tua... A possible place to get info. Or to request info as a job for someone... The Pig's foot... Popular, so maybe someone saw something passing through... Moritz tried to remember them all, but there was quite a few there to consider.

As he was thinking on this though Alric suddenly got distracted again by something he had said, a bad habit of the man getting off track do to a few words he said in passing to him.

"Wind Eagle? Whats a Wind Eagle?"

Frowning Moritz tried to recall what he meant, until he recalled which topic the man meant. Rooting around his charm bracelet Moritz lifted up one to make it visible, a small coin looking thing with a hole at the top for it to be looped through something.

"Ah no, I was gonna use this. But I've not fully gotten it working quite yet... But I think I'm close. It was a gift from my.... Uh, neighbor? Housemate? Ah whatever you want to call him, my old house in Syka had a crow roosting there, scaring off all the other birds. And since it was my place, he paid rent in a ways by leaving me random stuff. Rocks. Animal bones. And sometimes loot he fished out of the water. This was one of them. As best I can tell, it lets me go to a place I consider home, once I charge it. So I figure I can do that, pop into Syka for a bit, and then charge it again to go back to Sunberth. I've nearly gotten it worked out, and I have some free time later in the season so I'm gonna buckle down and get it working. So I would be popping in after that."

WC: 1,555
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes