[Location]The Center for Employment and Business Licensing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Gaul Swift-Axe on March 5th, 2012, 9:32 pm

Gaul listened patiently as the clerk spoke. Of course the man cared little for pointless conversation, but anything to get done with this. He needed the work to pass time until he figured out what was next in his life. A form was handed to him, and he filled it out while the clerk continued speaking.

Name: Gaul Swift-Axe
Skills: Masonry
Past Experience: Former Mason in Zeltiva

Gaul gave the form back, accepting the three work forms with a simple nod. Healing Hand, Lakeside Stables, and Kelvic Research Institute. The irony to have healing and kelvic research in the same sentence. But work was work, and he was going to perform this work. He didn't know when though.

With the work forms in hand, Gaul left. The clerk mentioning registering to be a citizen, but he brushed it off. He wasn't going through yet another procedure this day. And he doubted he even wanted to become a citizen. Gaul had no idea how long he would be staying in this city, so why become a citizen?
Gaul Swift-Axe
Player

Words: 6640
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2012, 7:31 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 5th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Spring: 20th

Despite his master's best efforts to keep him cared for by joining with him on hunts, and a camp to sleep in his skin still clung to his bones, his eyes drooping with exhaustion. The ravages of a hardscrabble living on the fringes of Ravok hadn't robbed him of all his strength, but it had given it a good shot, and infused desperation into his every step. It seemed the shiny metal was more important than he had thought, and his lack of it kept him from being fed properly and so he found himself here looking for a means to collect enough of it to support himself with. Perhaps then he would not be so much of a burden on Aello.

He'd been through the process before, but confused by all the written words he had ran away, but this time would be different. Aello had explained to him enough about the words on the page for him to recognize them easily enough, though after the chaos a few days ago he didn't know if that much mattered. Having a seat in a chair, he pressed for onwards for solution for his problem but with the city filled with troubles, it was a strained hope.

"I'm here to help Ravok as needed, and you'd find me good for labor if it's extra hands you need"

oocSorry about dropping the ball on this one a while back. I had forgotten about it and much neglected it till now. If you'd rather me have something happen to the kelvic for my neglect and thus him not show up for this, pm me and I'll see it done. I'd like to maintain realism after all
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on March 9th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Genesis

Normally the clerks were very happy when people helped themselves and filled out the proper forms without being told.. but it was rather odd that Genesis didn't say a word, offering only a smile. Maybe she was mute? Or she was foreign and didn't speak the language. The clerk didn't know, but he waited patiently as she filled out the form, hoping that it was at least written in common.

And it was. Glancing over the form he nodded and muttered under his voice, then looked up at Genesis. "So.. I take it you want to be a fortune teller then? Will you be setting up shop, or are you just looking for permission to practice wherever you can?"

OOCJust as a side note, you didn't really need to put the numbers next to your skills since it was an IC action. Obviously your character wouldn't know that she has 30 in Fortune Telling, she'd just know she has skill as a fortune teller. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd point that out.

Nex Paciscor

The clerk nodded a greeting to Nex as he sat down, sliding him the form. "Well, you're in luck. With what happened on the first, we're needing just about every type of hand you can think of. What're you good at, and what would you like to do?

Name:

Relevant Skills:

Past Experience:
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 9th, 2012, 8:13 pm

He decided to put the clerks questions on pause for a moment while he took the time fill out the form. Forgetting what to write would be a dreadful misstep for him and he didn't want to forget the few words taught to him before he was finished. His handwriting came out as bold, sloppy lines but such things could not be helped. He decided to lie about his age less it become obvious that he was a kelvic, and the horror stories told in hushed whispers come true.

Name: Nex Paciscor
Relevant Skills: Proficient in Unarmed combat
Past Experience: Personal Guard

As he finished he slid the parchment back over to the clerk, and looked up to allow his golden eyes to meet the man's. "I'm quite capable of a fighter if you need good arms for defense of workers, but I'm just as comfortable doing manual labor as fighting has kept me rather fit" He said, though he couldn't keep the sound of it being rehearsed out of his voice. The preparation for this meeting had went on for days with him constantly repeating the words over and over to himself so he would know just what to say when the time came and had the clerk asked something completely different Nex still would have said the same and looked a fool because of it.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Genesis on March 10th, 2012, 2:51 am

"I want to start a shop, preferrably," Genesis replied, her face calculating. Her hair was falling in her face so she pushed it back. Gettting her own shop would put her in debt for a couple of seasons, but it would be worth it. This was something she needed to do, she could feel it in her blood.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nadya on March 20th, 2012, 1:21 am

Nadya walked through the dooer of the Center for Employment, her smile on display for everyone to see. She wasn't all that nervous, just hopeful as she waited in line. Once at the desk, next in line, she eyed the clerk. Hopefully, he would be friendly enough to help her. "Hello, I'm Nadya. I'm a performer. I sing and dance, I've performed in taverns and restaurants all over Mizahar. Can you help me?"
Nadya
Player

Words: 4008
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on March 26th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Nex Paciscor

"Well, we aren't in need of any guards right now, but you we do need workers to help with repairs. Very well.. we'll set you up with one of the work crews."

The clerk fished around in one of the drawers on his desk, pulled out another paper and scribbled down some information before handing it over to Nex. It was a simple document stating his name and intent to work.

"Right then. You'll report down to the docks in the morning. Find one of the work groups there and show them this. They'll get you started on whatever needs to be done."

OOC :
Okay, so the job is Laborer, 2gm per day. As for your threads, feel free to make things up for you to repair. Pretty much everything in the city needs work, so have fun. You have to do at least two work related threads per season to get paid. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Also, I've added this info to your storyteller secrets thread. Please add it to you User Control panel so it will pop up on the side under your CS.

Storyteller secrets thread:

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic19806.html

Genesis

"A shop, eh? Hmm.. I don't believe we have a fortune teller's shop in Ravok. Do you already have a location, or will you be needing to purchase a building? We can sell you one here, as well as give you a small business loan if necessary."

After Genesis answered the questions the two of them began to discuss the terms of the loan, as well as picking out a location from among the available buildings in Ravok. After about a bell or so all the details were hashed out and Genesis was ready to go and open her new business. She owed Rhysol money now, so she had to stay in operation at least as long as it took to pay the loan back. Of course, there was interest to be paid as well. It was a three season loan. She borrowed six hundred gold mizas, but she would be paying back six seventy-five.

Small Business Loan:

Total Amount Borrowed: 600gm
Duration of Loan: 3 Seaons
Minimum Payment: 225

OOC :
Okay, I have added your shop to your storyteller secrets. What you need to do now is create a location thread, like the ones from the Linkmap. Once you have done that, PM me a link to the thread, and I'll add your thread to the map, making it an official location. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Nadya

"A performer, are you? Well, the only place that really hires performers on a regular basis would be the Silver Sliver Tavern, if you are interested in working there. What talents do you have, exactly?"

The clerk leaned forward in anticipation, interested to hear what exactly the beautiful woman could do.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Nadya on March 29th, 2012, 1:23 am

Nadya looked at the clerk, a smile forming on her face. The Silver Silver tavern, it sounded promising. "That sounds wonderful. I am a competent singer, and a novice dancer. I have been told on many occasions that I have the voice of an angel. None of my other skills would benefit my performing."

She smiled again, hoping to make him like her. She really needed the job. She was pretty and talented enough, or so she hoped. It was all up to him.
Nadya
Player

Words: 4008
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on March 30th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Nadya

The clerk nodded his head, jotting down some notes as Nadya spoke. He withdrew a sheet of paper and passed it to her, asking her to fill it out. It was a simple piece of paper asking for her name, age, residence, and other things of that nature. Once it was all filled out the clerk took it back and looked it over.

"Well, everything looks to be in order. We'll contact the owner and get you an audition. Just go in some time in the next few days and tell them you're there to try out."

OOC :
Okay, so for your first work thread, feel free to solo you auditioning for the job. You can assume that you get the job, of course. You'll be working as a performer at the Silver Sliver.

Base Pay: 4gm/day
Primary Skill: Singing
Competency Bonus (Compentent): 2gm/day
Total Pay: 6gm/day

I've added this to your storyteller secrets thread. Please post the following link in your user control panel. You'll find the area in the same place where you put your character sheet link.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic19924.html

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Parah on March 31st, 2012, 7:53 pm

Spring 10

Parah entered the Center for Employment timidly, shifting from foot to foot as she wondered what she was supposed to do. Seeing that the other people in the building were lining up, she followed suit and joined the qeue. When she finally reached the clerk, she began filling out the necessary form, while speaking quietly.

"Hello, I'd like to seek employment..But I guess that's obvious, since I'm here.." Parah said with a small smile, sliding the form back to the clerk.

Name: Parah
Relevant Skills: Intelligence, Seduction, Unarmed, Massage
Past Experience: None, slave
Parah
Player

Words: 3023
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2012, 2:48 am
Character sheet

PreviousNext